Warrior 5.4 Questions.

Just looking for a bit of info.. I currently play a warrior and it has been by far my favorite class in almost every mmo i've played. Have they improved in PvP in 5.4 enough to be competitive in Arena's & PvE Tanking/DPS or would I be better off going to a DK? as I prefere Melee / Heavy Armor type classes.

Any sort of Info / suggestions If I should change classes or not would be greatly appreciated.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you don´t play uber pro high end cutting edge (and I assume you don´t, since you post such a question here) it will finally come down to your personal preferences regarding the choice of your tank. Every tank has its advantages and disadvantages. Especially since 5.4 is live, they are all very close to each other. And since you cannot cheese boss abilities with bubble anymore, all are viable. I´d suggest you look up some tanking videos and inform yourself to what it comes down if you tank with a warrior, a drood, a dk and so on. Since you prefer Plate classes (and that´s fine) I may deliver my view on how things are atm.

DK - DKs are very versatile and resilient. If you like the thought of healing yourself and bulking up huge shields, DK may be for you. Since they gained Riposte, their damage is okay. With purgatory and a load of CDs, DKs are strong in many situations. However, they sometimes have the problem to eat tremendous hits once their bloodshields are used up. DKs were known to get globaled at Raden for example.
    Paladin - Paladins cheat death in many ways. They are stuffed with oh-shit buttons and they cooldowns are designed around selfheal. Your active mitigation is managed by a flat damage reduce, which makes you a viable tank in magic damage situations, and a powerful selfheal. However, Paladins are not anymore the monstrous raidhealers as tanks they were, and the days of ability cheesing through bubbles are counted. They suffer greatly if the player failed at a constant building of holy power and are less forgiving.
    Warrior - Warriors are good allrounders. Their active Mitigation consists of a 100% block or damage absorbtion. Combined with their passive flat damage reduction, they make both, viable physical tanks and magical tanks. They bring a bunch of raidutility, which no guild wants to miss. Since Riposte was added, warriors deal more then good damage. However, the new gemming allows more spiky damage, and since neither their armor nor their HP is comparable to, for example, droods, that can be a real issue. Furthermore they lack at least 1 Cooldown for themselves and their active mitigation cannot be at 100% uptime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.