Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Easiest way we dealt with it was to just stack, Xaril only throws one catalyst at a time. So stay stacked, if he is casting red, the red people move out, if he casts blue everyone stays stacked, if he casts yellow, the yellow people move out and drop pools far away. For all the hype at how difficult paragons is, we 2shot it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    Easiest way we dealt with it was to just stack, Xaril only throws one catalyst at a time. So stay stacked, if he is casting red, the red people move out, if he casts blue everyone stays stacked, if he casts yellow, the yellow people move out and drop pools far away. For all the hype at how difficult paragons is, we 2shot it.
    In the 25 man kills I've watched everyone stayed spread and they just popped Rallying + Devo + personal if it's Blue. Most people survived but obviously that won't be viable on Heroic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post

if so you never had him cast blue - also he does two at a time. But the damage will only split down to 333k, so if you stack you will die. We just assigned a yellow to follow each blue around At all times, not ideal but it gets the job done

Hopefully this will help:

Deleted
    We went with Rik'kal, Skeer, Hisek, Korven, Ka'roz, Kaz'tik, Xaril, Iyyokuk, Kil'ruk.

We felt like throwing the amber on the amber prison was a waste of time and just burned it. He didn't cast it twice for us at least. The bloods were annoying during that amber phase, so we got Skeer down before Korven was up. The rest weren't really an issue or anything.

10man here, might make a difference. We didn't really feel like any ability was particularly threatening. The bloods were the biggest annoyance, and the Kunchongs after that.

No idea when we popped BL, can't remember since I swapped to Lock from my Mage.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2013-09-15 at 09:30 PM.

Just did it tonight and the order we went with was

Rik'kal the Dissector (the parasite was causing us a LOT of problems when we didn't kill him first, so we just popped everything and killed him in about 45 seconds, before parasites even happened)
    Skeer the Bloodseeker (We didn't want 2 healing guys up at once and Prime comes next)
    Korven the Prime (the amber shield is a very annoying mechanic)
    Hisek the Swarmkeeper (he has a few stacks of the buff now and is doing a lot of damage, Aim is also an annoying mechanic)
    Xaril the Poisoned Mind (His blue catalyst was irritating and more dangerous than Ka'Roz or Iyyuks abilties to us)
    Kaz'tik the Manipulator (his adds spawn is far more dangerous than Ka'roz or Iyyuk)
    Iyyuk the Lucid
    Ka'roz the Locust (he would be less threatening than the wind reaver but he has a lot of stacks at this point)
    Kil'ruk the Wind-Reaver

This was 10 man and we killed it in 8 tries with the first 4 being under 3 minute attempt tries with the parasites destroying us because we chose to kill Hisek first

A really fun fight imo.

Deleted
    10M.
    We went 2-2-6 killing
    Rik'kal
    Hisek
    Korven (Bloodlust)
    Skeer
    Xaril
    Kaz'tik
    Ka'roz
    Iyyokuk

Ignored all the bloods (stuning sometimes), didnt get small add spawn and getting a lot of dps from the first 2 bosses. Here is our video with spanish voices.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GK1OCD2Kxso

Were people using strong legs to break amber or just straight dps? I tried jumping up a few times on platforms with amber bombs, and it forced me back down.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    In the 25 man kills I've watched everyone stayed spread and they just popped Rallying + Devo + personal if it's Blue. Most people survived but obviously that won't be viable on Heroic.
    Luckily (or unluckily) the catalyst on heroic are completely different than those in normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Alejandro View Post
    if so you never had him cast blue - also he does two at a time. But the damage will only split down to 333k, so if you stack you will die. We just assigned a yellow to follow each blue around At all times, not ideal but it gets the job done
    He cast 1 of each on our kill. Blue splits with 1 other person on 10man and 3total in 25man. Seemed to never hit the same person twice, maybe luck, but even then, almost every class can soak blue by themselves if need be.

The only strat i see that we did different than everyone else was killing Ka'roz last. At the end of the fight he was doing 70% increased damage from the buff. But his damage is pretty avoidable/healable and he doesnt require attention from tanks. Obviously not a heroic strat since his amber pools will stay for the entire fight.
    Last edited by Kraineth; 2013-09-16 at 07:36 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Danshot View Post
    Were people using strong legs to break amber or just straight dps? I tried jumping up a few times on platforms with amber bombs, and it forced me back down.
    I found the mechanic to be very buggy. Sometimes the amber would disappear when I jumped up, sometimes it would drop me down right away even though there was amber present, sometimes I'd hardly have 2 seconds to throw the amber and other times I had 10-15 seconds to aim and throw the amber.

So for now we just skipped it and burned the amber prison. Until Heroic at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekadez View Post
    I found the mechanic to be very buggy. Sometimes the amber would disappear when I jumped up, sometimes it would drop me down right away even though there was amber present, sometimes I'd hardly have 2 seconds to throw the amber and other times I had 10-15 seconds to aim and throw the amber.

So for now we just skipped it and burned the amber prison. Until Heroic at least.
    Sounds exactly like what the person we had doing Strong Legs said.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

10+ Year Old Account
    Will be cracking on with this tonight, 10-man.

For those that have done the fight already, is there much of a DPS check or can you comfortably 3-heal for safety? Alternatively, does having the extra DPS make the mechanics more zergable? We are all 545+ geared at the moment and have pretty strong DPS.
    <Judge> Alonsus-EU. 6/8M Uldir
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabuzan View Post

For those that have done the fight already, is there much of a DPS check or can you comfortably 3-heal for safety? Alternatively, does having the extra DPS make the mechanics more zergable? We are all 545+ geared at the moment and have pretty strong DPS.
    Your raid placed better than mine in last patch and we had no problem 2healing (even though our tanks are undergeared). Otherwise, having 6 dps allowed us to kill all the bosses before the bloods reached them.

In 25 man, our strategy (killed it with 2x mixed main/alt raids last night):

Rik'kal burned with trinket procs/cds (parasites were horrible). Stunned bloods if they spawned before he died.
    Skeer (Let first wave of blood from Rikkal burn go through, not worth switching etc, then kill second wave with stuns/assigned groups and such).
    Korven (the amber is horrible, didn't want to deal with it more than once. Lusted to burst the Amber).
    Hisek (3 stacks at this point, Aim is hurting badly. Gr1 had 1 warrior as the only raid CD we could use, gr2 had like 4 or 5 due to tanks/switching chars around, lacked a fist weapon user in gr1 due to absenses <.< it was ALOT easier to deal with in gr2 due to rally+banner).
    Ka'roz (the stacks were building up and his poison-ground shit was annoying).
    Kaz'tik (burned with CD's, adds/MC was horrible).
    Xaril (stacks+catalyst was getting lethal).
    2 left now, which one first didn't really matter, but we just did lyyokuk over kil'ruk.

Quote Originally Posted by Wasboz View Post
    You never want to have Skeer and Kor'ven in the fight together. Due to their healing abilities. With our raid dps the shield and the adds came at the same time so even if we got the shield down the adds would heal the boss to full.

We killed him with Ri'kai, Skeer, Kor'ven, Hisek, Iyyakuk, Xaril, Kaz'tik and last Ki'ruk. If I remember our order correctly. We wanted to kill Hisek third but we got acid bombs on him so we instead killed Kor'ven.

Remember to pick up the boss abilities they leave behind. You just right-click on the corpse.
    Skeer + Kor'ven isn't really a problem. If the blood cooldown is coming up just hold off on dps as the amber ability will only go off when one of the paragons is sub-50%, so wait, kill the bloods, then push the paragon you wish to kill below 50%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabuzan View Post

We 3 healed everything as usual. We were killing Skeer as 2nd, but easily killed the first two before the bloods reached. We found that 3 healers wasn't all that needed, but we lost 1 healer after already using CR, so it all worked out in the end.

the berserk time here is such a nonfactor. we lost two melee midway through and we still beat it with 2 minutes left. We followed a very safe order

Rik'kal the Dissector (the parasite was causing us a LOT of problems when we didn't kill him first, so we just popped everything and killed him in about 45 seconds, before parasites even happened)
    Skeer the Bloodseeker (We didn't want 2 healing guys up at once and Prime comes next)
    Korven the Prime (the amber shield is a very annoying mechanic)
    Hisek the Swarmkeeper (he has a few stacks of the buff now and is doing a lot of damage, Aim is also an annoying mechanic)
    Xaril the Poisoned Mind (His blue catalyst was irritating and more dangerous than Ka'Roz or Iyyuks abilties to us)
    Kaz'tik the Manipulator (his adds spawn is far more dangerous than Ka'roz or Iyyuk)
    Ka'roz the Locust (he would be less threatening than the wind reaver but he has a lot of stacks at this point)
    Kil'ruk the Wind-Reaver
    Iyyuk the Lucid

Quote Originally Posted by Vyla View Post
    10M.
    We went 2-2-6 killing
    Rik'kal
    Hisek
    Korven (Bloodlust)
    Skeer
    Xaril
    Kaz'tik
    Ka'roz
    Iyyokuk
    Kill on 3rd try.

Skeer
    Rikkal
    Korven
    Can't remember the order of the rest of them.

I used Holy Avenger to get 100% uptime on ShoR while the rest of the raid killed Skeer, and then timed it for the rest of the injection casts. After a bit of practice I didn't get a single stack of the injection debuff. The debuff didn't appear to summon the adds if it expired after Rikkal died.

Oh, and there is an undocumented debuff in the Dungeon Journal. Each Vicious Assault strike applies a DoT that ticks for 200k per 3 seconds, and it stacks every time Vicious Assault hits the stunned tank (so it ticks for a million damage if you don't tank switch properly).
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2013-09-17 at 08:19 AM.

Deleted
    can anyone tell me what blizzard considers active mitigation for a DK ? I couldn't avoid injection at all, not for lack of trying or using death strike / bone shield...