Thread: Resto PG

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zwaffelinho View Post
    But calling it bugged is weird, maybe its supposed to be this hard although it would be odd to emphasize the succes on the amount of dmg a healer can squeeze in while keeping the group alive. Obviously some classes are bound to do better than others.
    The thing is that the challenge doesn't come from the enemies, but from your allied damage dealers not being good enough to actually kill them. Right now you're going to have leftover adds for every single wave after the first, unless you can help with DPS.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karashote View Post
    Wave 29 is the farthest I have made it.
    Got to wave 29 aswell. If only i had that mana break from wave 20
    FoN and high mastery is pretty nice idd!

The RNG aspect of this is really annoying. I'm getting to wave 9 with 2 flamethrowers and a tank with 2 bleeds and basically no mana left because I just can't get the tank back up over 90%. What talents are people running this with? Is Ysera's Gift better than Cenarian ward? Originally ran with YG but gave CW a go. CW definitely shows noticable healing in the earlier waves but feels useless after wave 6-7

15+ Year Old Account
    Ysera's Gift, Typhoon, Force of Nature, Mighty Bash and either HotW or NV are my choices at least.

I'm yet to pass wave 8 of gold because the DPS the NPCs do is terrible and the tanking AI sucks so there's some thing spamming Pyroblast at the Hunter which needs 2 Regrowths and a Swiftmend to heal through.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just out of curiosity; when you say "high spirit" how high is that?

Looks like I need a lot more practice. I haven't gotten past 9 on endless.

As others have said, I don't ever have a wave that has everything dead, unless I pop hotw and dps them down.

15+ Year Old Account
    For those who still haven't managed it seems like they've made an effort to fix healing PGs now.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/10932273

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    For those who still haven't managed it seems like they've made an effort to fix healing PGs now.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/10932273
    I think the hotfix will work after the server restarts planned for 5am PST on the 20th because I just had 3 flamethrowers up from Wave 7 going into wave 8.
    I support a cash shop in WoW!

Quote Originally Posted by Stevecow View Post
    I think the hotfix will work after the server restarts planned for 5am PST on the 20th because I just had 3 flamethrowers up from Wave 7 going into wave 8.
    Wave 7 spawns Flamethrowers? Used to be two Conquerors and a small Hive-Singer.

Deleted
    bah having made it now, I wish they wouldnt nerf it although the RNG on some shit is ridiculous..

Quote Originally Posted by zwaffelinho View Post
    bah having made it now, I wish they wouldnt nerf it although the RNG on some shit is ridiculous..
    As I understand, they're not nerfing it, just fixing bugs introduced by a hotfix. It was much easier on day one than it was a week later. I tried it on patch day and got bored because I found it too easy to be interesting. When I tried it again a week later, I found it too frustrating to be entertaining.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Deleted
    Guys I recently completed them (Pre Nerf after around 15 wipes in total) after having read and watched all I could find about resto druid PGs, which, to be completely honest with, you was just this thread and 1 youtube video. Well anyways, I'm writing this because I want to share with you what allowed me to easily complete them. First of all as some guy above me in this thread suggested, I went for the 2004 haste cap (I've got no idea what all these numbers mean and I have little to no knowledge of them caps) and PURE mastery from there on. Mind you, I followed my gem bonuses and was in 520 ilvl gear, with the Tsulong/Horridon trinkets. I went for ysera's gift, mighty bash, mass roots, hotw and the 3 trees. As for glyphs I went for efflo glyph (+movable shroom minor one), fae silence and regrowth.

What I did was pretty simple, I took a piece of paper and wrote down what I needed to know about each wave and here it is:

Wave 1 Flamecaller Easy
    Wave 2 Hive-Singer 3min CD
    Wave 3 Easy
    Wave 4 Easy
    Wave 5 Hive-Singer 3 min CD
    Wave 6 Flamecaller
    Wave 7 Hive-Singer
    Wave 8 Mass Roots
    Wave 9 Hive-Singer
    Wave 10 GGWP

This allowed me to be able to know how and when to react and CC waves in order to make the mob party move and think the way I wanted them to. Here's what you need to do with each wave.

Wave 1 Position shroom and go in bear to interrupt the flamecaller with FF. Wait for Oto to stun him or somebody to interupt the next pyroblast/firebolt cast. IF it doesn't seem to be happening, bash him and interrupt him once more before the party kills him. Then afk till wave 2.

Wave 2 Position shroom and go in bear to interrupt the hive singer. Then CC him the way you did with the flamecaller and eventually pop Tranq and Innervate. Be mana efficient!

Wave 3 Position shroom on the mage and hunter incase the rats give them a bleed or even worse give just one of them 2 bleeds. Pop shroom to top them or yourself and reposition it to tank.

Wave 4 Position shroom and interrupt the small flamecaller. That's all.

Wave 5 Position shroom and interrupt the hive-singer. Give Oto ironbark when the mob enrages and pop 3 trees to heal him while you focus on the singer. Then tranq and innervate to be mana efficient.

Wave 6 Position shroom and interrupt the small flamecaller. That's all.

Wave 7 Position shroom and ignore or interrupt the small singer. Pop IB and 3 trees on Oto when taurens enrage.

Wave 8 Position shroom under the 5 mobs and root them in place since Oto will be still dealing with 1 of the taurens. IF the ripper gets to hit him he will not move to the flamecallers so its crucial to bash/ root/ cyclone/typhoon him.

Wave 9 Interrupt/CC the large singer at all costs and pop tranq mid-wave.

Wave 10 ROFLPWN the wave with HOTW when the mage gives you heroism and go in Amber before the next set. You can go all in with your mana due to drinking in the break time.

Folks, this is all you have to do. I didn't add dpsing to the mini-guide but that part is kinda obvious - you will need to be spreading rips/moonfires on all mobs and wrath most of them IF you can afford the mana. Don't forget to keep harmony (mine was 31.7x %) going on with nourish.

English is not my first language but I didn't try to make this guide easily readable anyway, so you can feel free to bitch about my styling .

Cheers Elarith, http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...arith/advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    Got to wave 35 today and my title! Hive singers are rough in the 30's. Does anyone know if set bonuses work inside PG? I have plans to go back after I get my set bonus since I'm not running any 2pc or 4pc now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevecow View Post
    Got to wave 35 today and my title! Hive singers are rough in the 30's. Does anyone know if set bonuses work inside PG? I have plans to go back after I get my set bonus since I'm not running any 2pc or 4pc now.
    Neither set bonuses nor legendary cloaks/gems work inside

Anyone experiencing 2x Water bombs on the same target?

Quote Originally Posted by Aleks0410 View Post
    Anyone experiencing 2x Water bombs on the same target?
    yes and it's pretty nice since you only need to dispel once for both.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathrys View Post
    yes and it's pretty nice since you only need to dispel once for both.
    I was waiting for the second one to appear cus I could only track one of them. Then I got oneshotted. /facedesk

10+ Year Old Account

Going for server top 5 tonight. I'm on Mal'Ganis US

Deleted
    Wow its like super easy now....