Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Batix View Post
    I quite enjoy a good challenge. I will continue until I make Wave 30, damnit!!

    Yeah of course a tough challenge is appreciated, but as a boomy it's just a pain to do^^
    I have a few alts on 90. Will also try it with them to really see the difference.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Guanos View Post
    Yeah of course a tough challenge is appreciated, but as a boomy it's just a pain to do^^
    I have a few alts on 90. Will also try it with them to really see the difference.
    Ugh, god it really is.
    Well, on a mage, as frost, you can probably do 30 waves with your eyes closed.

    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.
    Tenkuu Seratonin
    Annegwish

  3. #23
    Force of Nature is really the way to go in these. I've been progressing through endless (Wave 16), and so far this is really challenging but really fun.. The eclipse management reminds me of Heroic Spine.

    I also run HotW atm.. Going HotW cat and swiping the little mobs has helped me a few times, I will definitely try NV though as some of you have said.
    PS: The berserker buffs stay after the wave they spawn, save them for the 2 mini-sha waves (?).. Use CA for the last wave (Large Sha).

  4. #24
    http://www.twitch.tv/fountainx/b/459925976

    I had just woken up and played like dog, and I was using a legendary meta-helm, which I forgot to swap out, but that's how to get gold. I even wiped once to something dumb, not saving trees for the Sha boss or something.

  5. #25
    I managed to get to 36 today. Had a bad transition into the wave without setting up my eclipse properly and I just couldn't kill the mystics quick enough. I think proving grounds are a lot of fun and I enjoyed strategizing how to get this far. I'm looking forward to seeing how much further I can get.

    I think the most important thing is to plan out and manage your eclipses properly. It was super important for me to have a fresh DoC-buffed eclipse going into each wave (and each sha burst phase). The second most important thing was to maximize my usage of the damage buff from the ambers.


    For those interested, here are the talents I used:

    Feline Swiftness - could see Wild Charge being more useful for a really skilled player, but I'm not very good with it
    Mass Entangle - instant root essential for monkeys
    Incarnation - found this to be better for sha burst than FoN
    Mighty Bash - extra interrupt/monkey stun (in retrospect Disorienting Roar will probably be better - lower CD interrupt)
    DoC - essentially a huge mastery bonus (25% mastery is ridiculous at 463!), way better damage than NV (especially at this ilvl) - and up for every eclipse!


    And my glyphs:

    Stampede - helpful for getting amber where it needs to be
    Omens - a nice little bonus when you interrupt a mystic outside of eclipse
    Healing Touch - marginally quicker NS CD


    For gear I chose crit/spirit/haste stuff with the most sockets I could find. Went for 5100 hit and 5273 haste then put the rest into crit. For trinkets I went with Relic of Yu'lon (by far the strongest 463-scaled trinket) and Flashfrozen Resin Globule (has an on-use 4232 int proc that I macroed into CA).


    Here's my basic strategy for each wave:

    Prep
    flask, food, pre-solar, plant shrooms, HT, solar
    Wave 1
    stay near middle, dot and ss weavers, shroom bloom on ambered virmen, finish weavers, hurricane virmen, pre-lunar, HT, starfall, lunar
    Wave 2
    dot everything, beam and kill mystic, easy clean up, don't reach solar!, pre-solar, shrooms, HT, solar
    Wave 3
    shroom bloom, mass entangle, hurricane until inside virmen are dead (won't break entangle on monkeys), sunfire outside virmen, dot and ss monkeys, dot and ss virmen, pre-lunar, HT, starfall, lunar
    Wave 4
    dot everything, hard cast and ss on ambered mogu, pre-eclipse, shrooms in mid, HT, eclipse
    Wave 5
    entangle monkey, kill mystic, monkey, banshee, bit of damage on sha in between, ideally be moving towards solar at this point, a few seconds before shield drops, HT, incarnation, starfall, shield drops, CA (macroed with flashfrozen trinket, shroom bloom, moonfire), nuke, when sha's almost dead cancel CA to start moving towards solar, pre-solar, shrooms, HT, solar, hero
    Wave 6
    shroom bloom, dot mystics, let them heal virmen, kill far mystic, damage and dot close mystic, beam mystic, hurricane virmen, redot and stun mystic, keep hurricaning virmen and finishing off mystic, pre-eclipse, HT, eclipse
    Wave 7
    entangle and amber monkey, dot everything, kill monkey first, careful positioning, don't waste ambers, all ss on ambered guys, clean up, ideally pre-lunar, HT, lunar
    Wave 8
    dot everything, kill mystic asap, banshees as they come up, pre-eclipse, HT, eclipse
    Wave 9
    entangle and amber monkey, dot everything, kill money first, don't waste ambers, try to amber banshee, pre-eclipse, shrooms, HT, eclipse
    Wave 10
    attack sha for the heck of it, a few seconds before shield drops, HT, incarnation, hero, starfall, shield drops, CA (plus flashfrozen, shroom bloom, moonfire), nuke like crazy!
    Repeat
    Things start to get crazier the further you go just because you have less time to set up your eclipse between waves, but this is the general idea that worked for me. If you can clear each of these with at least 15-20 seconds left on the clock (maybe 5-8 seconds for the sha waves) then you're on the right track for waves 11-30.


    Well, that was much longer than I planned it to be, but hopefully someone finds it useful. Good luck in there everyone!

  6. #26
    I played now till wave 15 in endless.
    Build:
    Feline Swiftness
    Ysera's Gift
    Typhoon
    Incarnation
    Mighty Bash
    Dream of Cenarius
    ---

    The main problem is AoE. At waves > 10 you have to use a cd to get the add packs down. Otherwise Hurrican will rock your own ass!

  7. #27
    The Patient Quackie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    322
    Quote Originally Posted by Layuth View Post
    The eclipse mechanic has been a problem since Blizzard was told it was crap back during its inception in Wrath beta.
    I've been a moonkin since TBC, and I completely agree with this post. I'd just prefer it go away one of these days.

  8. #28
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    29
    If you need help with gold i posted a video of it. Maybe it can help http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0YITCIMm8Y
    It's not whether you get knocked down; it's whether you get back up.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Quackie View Post
    I've been a moonkin since TBC, and I completely agree with this post. I'd just prefer it go away one of these days.
    I hope this is never listened to by developers.

    Can you explain a little more what your reasoning is behind wanting eclipse removed?

    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.
    Tenkuu Seratonin
    Annegwish

  10. #30
    I am Murloc! Thelxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    5,489
    Quote Originally Posted by Batix View Post
    I hope this is never listened to by developers.

    Can you explain a little more what your reasoning is behind wanting eclipse removed?
    For me it is not so much the eclipse concept itself, it's the downtime between eclipses. It makes everything outside of raid dpsing more awkward than it should be. Especially leveling, questing and soloing.

    Ideally I'd like to always be in either eclipse, with my rotation changing depending on the eclipse and having slightly better single target in lunar and aoe in solar. It would be simplified, but at least not so god damn clunky.

  11. #31
    You have to find Balance als Balance

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    For me it is not so much the eclipse concept itself, it's the downtime between eclipses. It makes everything outside of raid dpsing more awkward than it should be. Especially leveling, questing and soloing.

    Ideally I'd like to always be in either eclipse, with my rotation changing depending on the eclipse and having slightly better single target in lunar and aoe in solar. It would be simplified, but at least not so god damn clunky.
    This idea is intriguing. The other guy saying it needs to be totally removed is just sillyness.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tarm View Post
    I managed to get to 36 today. Had a bad transition into the wave without setting up my eclipse properly and I just couldn't kill the mystics quick enough. I think proving grounds are a lot of fun and I enjoyed strategizing how to get this far. I'm looking forward to seeing how much further I can get.

    I think the most important thing is to plan out and manage your eclipses properly. It was super important for me to have a fresh DoC-buffed eclipse going into each wave (and each sha burst phase). The second most important thing was to maximize my usage of the damage buff from the ambers.


    For those interested, here are the talents I used:

    Feline Swiftness - could see Wild Charge being more useful for a really skilled player, but I'm not very good with it
    Mass Entangle - instant root essential for monkeys
    Incarnation - found this to be better for sha burst than FoN
    Mighty Bash - extra interrupt/monkey stun (in retrospect Disorienting Roar will probably be better - lower CD interrupt)
    DoC - essentially a huge mastery bonus (25% mastery is ridiculous at 463!), way better damage than NV (especially at this ilvl) - and up for every eclipse!


    And my glyphs:

    Stampede - helpful for getting amber where it needs to be
    Omens - a nice little bonus when you interrupt a mystic outside of eclipse
    Healing Touch - marginally quicker NS CD


    For gear I chose crit/spirit/haste stuff with the most sockets I could find. Went for 5100 hit and 5273 haste then put the rest into crit. For trinkets I went with Relic of Yu'lon (by far the strongest 463-scaled trinket) and Flashfrozen Resin Globule (has an on-use 4232 int proc that I macroed into CA).


    Here's my basic strategy for each wave:

    Prep
    flask, food, pre-solar, plant shrooms, HT, solar
    Wave 1
    stay near middle, dot and ss weavers, shroom bloom on ambered virmen, finish weavers, hurricane virmen, pre-lunar, HT, starfall, lunar
    Wave 2
    dot everything, beam and kill mystic, easy clean up, don't reach solar!, pre-solar, shrooms, HT, solar
    Wave 3
    shroom bloom, mass entangle, hurricane until inside virmen are dead (won't break entangle on monkeys), sunfire outside virmen, dot and ss monkeys, dot and ss virmen, pre-lunar, HT, starfall, lunar
    Wave 4
    dot everything, hard cast and ss on ambered mogu, pre-eclipse, shrooms in mid, HT, eclipse
    Wave 5
    entangle monkey, kill mystic, monkey, banshee, bit of damage on sha in between, ideally be moving towards solar at this point, a few seconds before shield drops, HT, incarnation, starfall, shield drops, CA (macroed with flashfrozen trinket, shroom bloom, moonfire), nuke, when sha's almost dead cancel CA to start moving towards solar, pre-solar, shrooms, HT, solar, hero
    Wave 6
    shroom bloom, dot mystics, let them heal virmen, kill far mystic, damage and dot close mystic, beam mystic, hurricane virmen, redot and stun mystic, keep hurricaning virmen and finishing off mystic, pre-eclipse, HT, eclipse
    Wave 7
    entangle and amber monkey, dot everything, kill monkey first, careful positioning, don't waste ambers, all ss on ambered guys, clean up, ideally pre-lunar, HT, lunar
    Wave 8
    dot everything, kill mystic asap, banshees as they come up, pre-eclipse, HT, eclipse
    Wave 9
    entangle and amber monkey, dot everything, kill money first, don't waste ambers, try to amber banshee, pre-eclipse, shrooms, HT, eclipse
    Wave 10
    attack sha for the heck of it, a few seconds before shield drops, HT, incarnation, hero, starfall, shield drops, CA (plus flashfrozen, shroom bloom, moonfire), nuke like crazy!
    Repeat
    Things start to get crazier the further you go just because you have less time to set up your eclipse between waves, but this is the general idea that worked for me. If you can clear each of these with at least 15-20 seconds left on the clock (maybe 5-8 seconds for the sha waves) then you're on the right track for waves 11-30.


    Well, that was much longer than I planned it to be, but hopefully someone finds it useful. Good luck in there everyone!
    Were you using a Burning Primal Diamond and all of that good stuff?

    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.
    Tenkuu Seratonin
    Annegwish

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Batix View Post
    Were you using a Burning Primal Diamond and all of that good stuff?
    Yeah. None of the legendary procs or tier set bonuses work in there, so go with the Burning meta (or better yet Revitalizing if you can use it without going over hit cap) and crit/haste/spirit gear with as many sockets as you can get.

    The benefits from optimizing all your gear are probably marginal, but it is definitely worth it to throw on an old helmet so that you have a functional meta gem.

  14. #34
    Im actually reading a lot of smart stuff i should have done when i got my gold hahaha.

    What I did was safe the damage boost you get earlier for the last two waves. With that and making sure you just hit an eclipse when he comes out of his shell, it was pretty doable. I was just in my raiding gear, no reforging, regemming etc. Talents I used were Hotw and force of nature.

    Hardest part i found was nuking banshee down before exploding :P

  15. #35
    Endless Wave 30! Woot!

    I gave up just because I wanted the title. I'll go back to try to rank at a later time and update

    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.
    Tenkuu Seratonin
    Annegwish

  16. #36
    I managed Gold a week or so back. After 3 sittings of about 2 hours each. The only person in my guild who took longer was our mage who decided he was going to do it as Fire. (He, for the record, had hundreds of pulls as fire, then went frost and one-shot it). The way I did it was FoN/Roar/DoC, and I always made sure to start a wave having just entered Eclipse. I used CA as panic-cooldown on an earlier wave and still managed fine with one zerking chest per Sha, using it just as it dropped shield (and, once again, making sure i had just entered Eclipse when the shield dropped off). Also with FoN, use one per monkey to get into its little ring, then nuke the crap out of it.

    I think the big problem isn't the Eclipse mechanic per se - since I managed to get it to work in my favor - but the gear scale back. There's a reason me and the fire mage struggled most. Our specs suffer horribly at 463 item level. I've never felt so starved for Starsurge, ever. And I'm never setting foot in PG again on my Druid.

  17. #37
    I got gold fairly easily however the big Shas were an issue a couple of times. I can't get past wave 3 on endless because I don't see how it's possible at all, the area the virmen are in is way too spread out to hurricane them and even if I get lucky SS procs and get the Banana Throwers down almost instantly I don't have enough time to kill everything. I was using raid gear so I hadn't optimized anything with Engineering Helm, normal meta and reforging. Either way it looks like a pain to get wave 30 and I may as well just spec Feral and destroy it without trying.

  18. #38
    Wave 3 is actually the easiest wave.

    Make sure you have shrooms planted in the center ahead of time and you're one tick away from entering a solar eclipse. When the wave 2 has about 1 second left, astral communion to enter solar, then blow the shrooms right as everything spawns. Throw out a mass entanglement, then hurricane everything in the center (you should hit everything but the 6 outside guys). Keep hurricaning until everything in the center is dead except the monkeys, then just run around putting sunfire on everything.

    Also use DoC if you aren't already.

  19. #39
    I used my raiding spec, gear etc, and gold is still very manageable. The thing you have to do is postpone using the damage increase bufs you get. So you have two of them left for the last two waves, then pick them up a few sec before the shield of the sha runs off, pop everything and it is very doable.

    Endless, now that is another story... :S

  20. #40
    I have gotten to wave 27 now (edit)
    useing

    Displacer
    Mass entangle
    Fon
    Vortex (usefull for monkeys )
    and Doc

    And for wave 3 endless Prep for wave Mass entangle so the monekys dont move hurricane everything down in the mid throw vortex down on the monkey pop shrooms and dot everything / fon on the Monkeys
    Last edited by Cohesive; 2013-10-20 at 10:29 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •