Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'm big on some aspects of 5.4, but there are some that are disappointing:

- Legendary cloak, looks like damn near everyone on my server got it. Isn't this thing supposed to be a legendary? How is it a legendary if people *expect* you to have it? lol.... also, there was no epic build up, and you get it after an hour.

- New raid, my guild blazed thru the first 8, we had a few wipes, but we one shot more than one boss in circumstances where 1 or 2 died very early into the fight lol.
    - Timeless isle, rains down 496 stuff for alts, which is alright I guess, but actually upgrading something to 535 looks like it'd take FOREVER, even for one item. Beyond that, the only worthwhile item for a lot of people would be the trinkets, which cost like 50k timeless coins and they are worst in slot. There should've been more and better gear, that's less grindy.... if they put in that kinda grind, at least make the trinket worthwhile to get.

It's been fun on the whole, but the new patch seems to be focused more so on vanity items and getting weird achievements as opposed to progressing your character with gear.

If you wanted to have fun you shouldn't have played MoP. SoO is the new Dragonsoul.

Deleted
    Who said legendaries couldn't be effects for climax instead of causes?

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    I don't expect them to a challenge compared to ToT heroic but when you can topple bosses simply by not standing in fire and Adds>boss then there is a problem. I think that the biggest problem with SoO there is very few bosses that have an enrage timer. Some have soft enrage but sadly you can bring 10 healers and still kill bosses...to me that seems stupid.

5.4 cloak to be used in progression sure...after 1h of doing something not related to SoO...not so awesome.
    These posts crop up after every patch cycle. It's like clockwork. HM raiders complaining that normal mode content is too easy for them in their super awesome OP gear. Well, that's because it is too easy for you in that gear. Go put on some 502 gear and tell me how the instance feels . . .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I love the fact that Horridon was hard. Why? It makes sense. You have the Thunder God there and his fortress of goons. Has a troll dude greet you, beat him and... yeah, now fight this huge beast with a troll war god and all the tribes? He's making sure no one gets through. I loved it.
    yea see im with you on that one. non-linear walls that have a story sense of progression. After horridon you descended into hell with magera being the hardest cave boss then you had a stepping stone that is ji kun into two ancient bad dudes durumu and Animus with a gear check for Primodius then a ramp up for the last 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    If you wanted to have fun you shouldn't have played MoP. SoO is the new Dragonsoul.
    this is completely opinion based and not factual. Many people enjoy this expansion. The problem is most people come out the gate and finish as much of the content as fast as possible and expect it to keep them busy for months. If you rush content, of course you will get bored. The one thing i think were missing out on is the transition patches we used to get to fill in the gaps. There used to be filler content between major patches to give us things to do.
    I am Dave ! Yognaught, and I have the balls!

this is the day that legendaries are more common than epics were in vanilla

I think it's time for you to call it quits with wow.

I am waiting for end cinematic so if it's easy where is the video? post it already. Thread like this pops up for every patch so every patch is underwhelming for someone out there. Nothing new. Move on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shamestia View Post
    I think it's time for you to call it quits with wow.
    Could have been wonderful in the ears of Ghostcrawler.

Wait til you get to the actual hard bosses in the raid like thok, siegecrafter, klaxxi, garrosh, before you call the raid easy. There are 14 bosses and you've killed 4 of them. Think you might be overreacting? The fights have fun mechanics, i've been impressed with what I've seen so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlosdanger View Post
    this is the day that legendaries are more common than epics were in vanilla
    No, it's really not.

Blizzard announced the first 4 bosses of Siege would be easy to allow guilds that were stuck on Horridon to be able to do more than one boss. You still have 10 that will probably be more challenging in normal.

As far as I know, the challenge begins when you actually get inside Orgrimmar.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Blizzard announced the first 4 bosses of Siege would be easy to allow guilds that were stuck on Horridon to be able to do more than one boss. You still have 10 that will probably be more challenging in normal.
    10 bosses left, call the raid easy. MMOC's logic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Here, let me make this simple for everyone complaining about SoO:

If you were 10-13/13h when Firelands launched, normal Firelands was faceroll.
    If you were 5-7/7h when DS launched, DS was faceroll.
    If you were 12-16/16h when ToT launched, normal ToT was faceroll.
    If you were 10-13/13h when SoO launched, normal SoO is faceroll.

What's the problem? Normal raids are always faceroll for heroic guilds.
    Firelands was actually faceroll for pretty much anyone, but amazing fights none the less.

We started a new guild up with half the people in 355 gear and killed raggy by week 2 with 3d/week

Anyhow. Normals are always faceroll when you start with heroic gear from the previous tier. But hearing how many times you wiped I'm amazed you found them "too" easy. Since pretty much everyone I've talked with so far (and my own experience) is 1 shots.

10+ Year Old Account
    5.4 Overall:

- Timeless Isle was a little disappointing. Would prefer a deeper mix of both directed quest objectives (daily or otherwise) and exploration myself. I think I'll spend a lot of time there with groups but it's much less engaging as a solo thing than I prefer. The catchup mechanism is nice but increasingly I don't play for gear, I play for fun and I felt it was a little short on the 'fun' side. That's just a first impression after a one night/two hours or so.

- SoO: Don't know yet. Will likely spend most of the expansion in flex and normal. It's true that if you're well dressed-out gearwise from heroic ToT, complaining about SoO normals being easy is difficult to understand. This always happens and if anyone is truly surprised about it then I don't really know what to say. Which leads to...

- Legendary cloaks: I'm surprised that anyone is surprised that people have them the first day. If this is the main basis for your opinion it could have been written weeks ago. Implying the legendary cloak is a one day easy thing while ignoring everything that led up to it is deliberately misleading and isn't going to fool anyone here.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Give it another week. Heroic is always where the real challenge is. If you beat that within a month, you may complain that the patch was underwhelming.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Haven't done normal yet, but Flex isn't hard, but then again, it isn't tuned for for guild who has downed a few heroics.

The patch (so far) has been quite good but grinding Timeless Coins seems like it will be a problem.

Deleted
    I expect SoO to last at least 10 months. The new Dragon Soul is here guys!

So far I feel 5.4 is very underwhelming aswell. The moment I stepped into the Timeless Isle, all I could think of what ''NNNOOOOOOO!!!! NO MORE FREAKING JADE FOREST-LIKE CONTENT FILLED WITH PANDAREN. BEEN THERE, DONE IT''. I still did everything the isle had to offer, but it didn't do it for me.

Still looking forward to SoO, but I doubt it'll keep my attention. I don't think this patch is gonna hold a lot of subs, I expect the next quarters to lose over a million.