Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    It feel underwhelming because it is....I had my legendary cloak in 2 hours. The island is tiny, there is no structure to it, just a mass fest of people grinding. The world bosses are a joke, the celestials are cake, Ordos was a pushover.....I really hope to god we don't have to wait a year for the xpac with this stuff. I've been hearing from guildies that were already in SoO that it's equally disappointing.

Ah well, at least FF14:ARR is out, once I get tired of LFR I'll play that until the next patch/expac.

Same ole WoW... Nice to see nothings changed with their patches. Same ole BS.

On the other side of things, come over to FF14: ARR, Its a hell of a good time!

10+ Year Old Account
    I was expecting a quest chain/ scenario revolving around the vale/ garrosh...but instead the vale is infected by sha and the celestials/ pandas are off on holiday playing pet battles :S

Whens the last time you guys liked anything in this game? Blizzard tries something new and you just hammer them for it, they give you more of the same and you say its not different enough and its boring. Tough crowd.

- Legendary cloak, looks like damn near everyone on my server got it. Isn't this thing supposed to be a legendary? How is it a legendary if people *expect* you to have it? lol.... also, there was no epic build up, and you get it after an hour.
    It's a legendary because it has a proc, and it's colored orange. People expecting you to have it in no way invalidates a legendary. Also, I am going to start a drinking game... every time someone says "it only took an hour to get my cloak," I am taking a shot. Please call the paramedics pre-emptively, I might not make it off this page.

Same ole WoW... Nice to see nothings changed with their patches. Same ole BS.

On the other side of things, come over to FF14: ARR, Its a hell of a good time!
    Yeah, I remember all the other patches where we got a new warchief, the culmination of a legendary questline, and a 14-boss raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I can see your point, though I guess it feels different to everyone. I felt the culmination, though there were times I wished the ending was a little slower. But don't mistake grind for epic. I think it should have taken more world bosses, perhaps, or even a first clear of the entire raid.
    That's it the sky is falling Darsithis is somewhat agreeing to a negative review of something in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by scabobos View Post
    Whens the last time you guys liked anything in this game? Blizzard tries something new and you just hammer them for it, they give you more of the same and you say its not different enough and its boring. Tough crowd.
    There can be different good and different bad. Just being different isn't enough.

Are people really judging this patch before they've even really gotten into the raid content? Good lord, what a spoiled lot you are. I swear, some people just can't wait to take a dump on new content. After all, snap judgments are always the best ones!

Sigh.

The devs have truly screwed themselves with the legendary quest chain.

At the point where they are desperate to get LFR heroes into the newly created Flex mode, the legendary quest chain is going to act as a de facto attunement that will keep them out. There was no real reason for those LFR players to do the legendary grind earlier in the expansion (after all, with normal mode being tuned like it was, LFR was their end game, and LFR would never be tuned to need any legendary chain rewards.) So, many (most?) of them just didn't bother with it.

I am expecting terrible participation numbers in the final raid tier, and terrible migration from LFR to Flex. I expect large numbers of LFR players to unsub before the end of Q4. And I expect Q4 sub numbers to be dreadful as a result. Pointless Isle is not going to keep anyone entertained for more than a few weeks.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Legendary cloaks: I'm surprised that anyone is surprised that people have them the first day. If this is the main basis for your opinion it could have been written weeks ago. Implying the legendary cloak is a one day easy thing while ignoring everything that led up to it is deliberately misleading and isn't going to fool anyone here.

I do think giving the cloaks out on day one of the patch is a little... underwhelming, typically that stuff comes towards the end of a major patch. That and the sheer fact that hundreds of people get it at the same time, takes the fun out of a legendary, an item that's supposed to be really rare and hard to find when everyone has it.

Then again, I thought the grind was a little too long and the challenges were a little too easy, it did have a cool element here or there like a bg, but I think it should've had more, and in different ways (like taking out LFR drops).

Timeless Isle is grindy and boring, and the pet battles are more frustrating than fun so I quit on them. I can only hope SoO is fun when i get to it next week.

As for the cloak; it IS a feat. Day one or day 50, that was a long, RNG-cursed, frustrating chain that I will not do on any of my other ladies. Just because the legendary doesn't make you a realm celebrity doesn't mean it isn't a big deal to see people with it. I know the pain they went through. That chain was balls.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP: Barely had time to do 4 bosses, but it felt underwhelming.

People on MMOC who can't afford to play wow anymore: Hah! I knew it! Same old crap!

Also this post was officially answered on wow forums (yes he posted the exact same post there) here are the answers:

1. "We thought it'd be cooler to actually be able to use the cloak while progressing in 5.4 content rather than get it when you're all done."

2. "Tuning of the first few bosses in Siege of Orgrimmar is intentional. Keep going."
    Last edited by finskee; 2013-09-11 at 10:25 PM.

Deleted
    Fun so far to be honest. Not underwhelming. Not exactly as fun as patches say 4 years ago but we all know that is not allowed to be mentioned by here or blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    It's a legendary because it has a proc, and it's colored orange. People expecting you to have it in no way invalidates a legendary. Also, I am going to start a drinking game... every time someone says "it only took an hour to get my cloak," I am taking a shot. Please call the paramedics pre-emptively, I might not make it off this page.

Yeah, I remember all the other patches where we got a new warchief, the culmination of a legendary questline, and a 14-boss raid.
    Wooooooaaah a new Warchief, holy bloody hell, thats huge!. Another questline?!? And another typical WoW raid? Yeah ok, Things arent the same as usual, yeah ok, keep telling yourself that. WoWs patches have had the same path for a long time with reused models, item models, raid layouts. Its the typical wow patch... Nothing all that new. Its the same stuff over an over an over....But hey if you enjoy paying 15 bucks a month for the same carrot on the string for months/years on end, then by all means have at it but when they finally start changing things up, then I might look at it but for now, its the same patch cycle with the same type of content. Yay.

TELL ME WHEN YOU'VE CLEARED HEROIC.

Also 12+8 = 20 wipes and you are what, 6/14 ?? lmfao "too easy"

What is it with you people? You have some kind of OCD forcing you to complain, especially about shit being too easy when it most often is not? Its gotten pathetic quite some time ago.

Not to imply that i''ve cleared Soo or saying its to easy (if someone was to missunderstand me)
    i'm currently farming Timeless Boes for alts and waiting for Soo LFR, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Here, let me make this simple for everyone complaining about SoO:

If you were 10-13/13h when Firelands launched, normal Firelands was faceroll.
    If you were 5-7/7h when DS launched, DS was faceroll.
    If you were 12-16/16h when ToT launched, normal ToT was faceroll.
    If you were 10-13/13h when SoO launched, normal SoO is faceroll.

What's the problem? Normal raids are always faceroll for heroic guilds.
    Heroic guilds faceroll NM content in blues and greens at the start of an expansion too. It's not just about gear :P

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    At the point where they are desperate to get LFR heroes into the newly created Flex mode, the legendary quest chain is going to act as a de facto attunement that will keep them out. There was no real reason for those LFR players to do the legendary grind earlier in the expansion (after all, with normal mode being tuned like it was, LFR was their end game, and LFR would never be tuned to need any legendary chain rewards.) So, many (most?) of them just didn't bother with it.
    Why would anyone who does LFR deliberately NOT do the legendary chain? It offered awesome rewards at each step not just the cloak. Unless you rarely played the game at all, swapped toons or just somehow missed the whole legendary thing (there were orange question marks in every damn in jeez) I don't see why anyone wouldn't have gone for it. I finished my cloak a month plus before SoO came out and that was purely in LFR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

Why would anyone who does LFR deliberately NOT do the legendary chain? It offered awesome rewards at each step not just the cloak. Unless you rarely played the game at all, swapped toons or just somehow missed the whole legendary thing (there were orange question marks in every damn in jeez) I don't see why anyone wouldn't have gone for it. I finished my cloak a month plus before SoO came out and that was purely in LFR.
    Probably because it was and is a frustrating obnoxious grind.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    10 bosses left, call the raid easy. MMOC's logic.
    Ikr. Laughable retardness.

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    I expect SoO to last at least 10 months. The new Dragon Soul is here guys!
    Hopefully not as that would be devastating.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekosom View Post
    Are people really judging this patch before they've even really gotten into the raid content? Good lord, what a spoiled lot you are. I swear, some people just can't wait to take a dump on new content. After all, snap judgments are always the best ones!
    Sigh.
    Agreed. It almost reeks of provocateurs.

Quote Originally Posted by zenyatta View Post
    As for the cloak; it IS a feat. Day one or day 50, that was a long, RNG-cursed, frustrating chain that I will not do on any of my other ladies. Just because the legendary doesn't make you a realm celebrity doesn't mean it isn't a big deal to see people with it. I know the pain they went through. That chain was balls.
    Agreed on the q-chain part. That was just terribly painful.

Quote Originally Posted by zenyatta View Post
    Timeless Isle is grindy and boring, and the pet battles are more frustrating than fun so I quit on them. I can only hope SoO is fun when i get to it next week.
    Eh, I'm enjoying TI quite a bit. Last two days I've been running around randomly ADD-ing out because I'm trying to do five things at once!

With the pet battles, well we asked for a challenge and they sure gave us one. Gonna have my work cut out for me getting a good setup for all of them. Finally figured out a reliable team to take down Oondasta, got the 4 normal bosses without too much trouble but the Celestials... ermagerd nerf healing. But there's strats up for all of them on warcraftpets etc. More fun to work your own out though IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Probably because it was and is a frustrating obnoxious grind.
    But it happens automatically while you do LFR you would've done anyway, no extra effort required. And the first stage got put on super speed in ToT.

10+ Year Old Account
    Were people expecting SoO to be amazing? These people clearly haven't been paying attention to how blizz works post wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    I do think giving the cloaks out on day one of the patch is a little... underwhelming, typically that stuff comes towards the end of a major patch.
    They wanted you to actually use them in progression this time. When I got my Rogue daggers, the whole instance was on farm already. It'll be cool that they actually help you progress for once.