Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ...
3
11
12
13
14
15
23
... LastLast
  1. #241
    Hello all, I was wondering something about holy radiance in 10m.

    When looking at logs I see most paladins somehow using it a lot, even on generally spread out fights like Nazgrim. I personally Divine light the tank quite a bit unless most of the raid is properly stacked. This because I'm often the only one actually healing the tank directly (healing fights with a disc priest/resto druid).

    At what number of targets is it actually worthwhile to use holy radiance over using ToR? I'm usually switching at 4/5+ targets at the moment.

    Cheers!
    Last edited by Ariathe; 2013-10-06 at 10:13 PM.

  2. #242
    Generally speaking HR is better even if its just hitting 2 Players. There are obv exceptions. Usually the tank shouldn't eat so much damage, that you need to DL the Tank a lot, if he does he should use CDs. Especially hardcasting DL usually doesnt work.
    HR on the other hand does a few things. First it generates HP (does DL on Beacon also). Second you might by accident hit players with it and heal them. Third you refresh IH on them. Beacon Heal should generally be enough outside of Tank burn phases which there are not so many this content.

  3. #243
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrpaintball99 View Post
    Plz give me your thoughts on a trinket like nazgrims burnished insignia over reg horridons last gasp.
    Got it on an extra roll last night so only had time to use it on Malkorok. Using the 7170 build Multistrike did about 2.6% of my healing (81 procs, 16,571 avg, 132,475 max).

    I replaced normal Horridon's Last Grasp and Soothing Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault with normal Prismatic Prison of Pride and Nazgrim's Burnished Insignia.

    I've never been a fan of throughput proc trinkets and I don't really like these that much either... -_-; But until I get Dysmorphic Samophlange of Discontinuity off of Siegecrafter, Nazgrim's trinket will have to do.

    I managed to track both my trinkets int procs with Weak Auras. When they proc I just throw a couple more HL's in there, so I guess indirectly it kind of works to improve mana efficiency.
    Last edited by Healtuff; 2013-10-06 at 11:19 PM.

  4. #244
    Hi there,
    I got the Nazgrim Trinket as well, it's complete pants. I've decided to keep my Horridons trinket with the amplification trinket.

    I tried it on Flex and all it does is overheal. It's better imo for resto and mistweaver since they have a hot ( yes I know Paladins have a hot but I don't see any info anywhere of it proc'ing off the hot like it will for either of those two classes). The problem with it is, again this is just my opinion... is that it looks at who you've healed recently and decides to heal that person... now that person might be full health now that you've healed them and as a Paladin personally, I don't stop healing someone until they are topped up because I'm healing tanks most of the time.

    I'm curious to see how it works for other people, but if its over healing imo it's not worth it. Just check your logs


    Quote Originally Posted by Healtuff View Post
    Got it on an extra roll last night so only had time to use it on Malkorok. Using the 7170 build Multistrike did about 2.6% of my healing (81 procs, 16,571 avg, 132,475 max).

    I replaced normal Horridon's Last Grasp and Soothing Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault with normal Prismatic Prison of Pride and Nazgrim's Burnished Insignia.

    I've never been a fan of throughput proc trinkets and I don't really like these that much either... -_-; But until I get Dysmorphic Samophlange of Discontinuity off of Siegecrafter, Nazgrim's trinket will have to do.

    I managed to track both my trinkets int procs with Weak Auras. When they proc I just throw a couple more HL's in there, so I guess indirectly it kind of works to improve mana efficiency.

  5. #245
    The Lightbringer Simulacrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    3,292
    Nazgrim's proc isn't as bad as it looks at a glance. It procs on everything I've bothered to look for (it procs from EF ticks, light's hammer, beacon, protector of the innocent, etc., only thing I don't know if it procs on is GoAK). It's still not super awesome, the proc is only gonna be 2-3% of your healing, but it's gonna be a consistent 2-3% at least.

    Not very excited about the int proc, but horridon never did drop his trinket in all the kills and coinrolls I spent on him so it was better than what I had.

  6. #246
    Just wanted to add: GC is at it again:
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...42166596087809

    And I quote, "Meters are a terrible way to assess healer potency"...

    Makes you wonder....how then does Blizzard balance/assess healer potency?

  7. #247
    Quote Originally Posted by mcbubble View Post
    Just wanted to add: GC is at it again:
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...42166596087809

    And I quote, "Meters are a terrible way to assess healer potency"...

    Makes you wonder....how then does Blizzard balance/assess healer potency?
    You have to remember utility is a factor as well!!! wait no shamans and priests destroy everyone on both
    old mistweaver probably still better than u

  8. #248
    Quote Originally Posted by mcbubble View Post

    [/FONT][/COLOR]Makes you wonder....how then does Blizzard balance/assess healer potency?
    I think he means stand-alone meters rather than say websites that compare average healing through put on a particular fight.


    Edit: On Thok HC, would it be better to stagger cool downs or just pop them all at say 12+ acceleration. (10man)

  9. #249
    Pandaren Monk Freia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    1,848
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    I think he means stand-alone meters rather than say websites that compare average healing through put on a particular fight.


    Edit: On Thok HC, would it be better to stagger cool downs or just pop them all at say 12+ acceleration. (10man)

    Try linking raidbots to GC and see what he says.

  10. #250
    Would anyone be willing to share their logs for Thok with both EF and SH for comparison? I really hate SH and want to try to avoid it.. Spending 2 gcd's on nothing and hearthing outside of the raid to reforge for one talent is just insane. Also how big of a deal is Thok's trinket on that fight in heroic?
    I tried both talents yesterday, but I wasn't optimized for SH, so my logs won't tell much of a story...

  11. #251
    I don't get where people say holy paladin numbers are low....I raid 10 mans and I am by far above other healers....on 3 heal fights I raid with a resto druid (2 piece) and disc priest (4 piece) and I only have tier gloves so 1 piece...I go EF and have just over 11k haste with amp trinket and output is much, MUCH higher than my counterparts. on thok after the first stack up im well over the 300k hps mark where the sit around 150kish. I've ranked on malkorok (2 heal) and iron jugg (3 heal). I just don't see the issue I guess. We also used to have a resto shaman over the druid at times but numbers were no closer.

    I mean what specs are people playing that they think output is too low?

  12. #252
    Quote Originally Posted by pallyopness View Post
    I don't get where people say holy paladin numbers are low....I raid 10 mans and I am by far above other healers....on 3 heal fights I raid with a resto druid (2 piece) and disc priest (4 piece) and I only have tier gloves so 1 piece...I go EF and have just over 11k haste with amp trinket and output is much, MUCH higher than my counterparts. on thok after the first stack up im well over the 300k hps mark where the sit around 150kish. I've ranked on malkorok (2 heal) and iron jugg (3 heal). I just don't see the issue I guess. We also used to have a resto shaman over the druid at times but numbers were no closer.

    I mean what specs are people playing that they think output is too low?
    Think your resto druid and disc are just sponging off you, not that they can't put out good numbers.
    To be human is to possess superior intelligence to other species, yet channel that otherwise-wondrous potential into the most degenerate of endeavors rather than benefiting the world.

  13. #253
    Pandaren Monk Freia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    1,848
    Quote Originally Posted by pallyopness View Post
    I don't get where people say holy paladin numbers are low....I raid 10 mans and I am by far above other healers....on 3 heal fights I raid with a resto druid (2 piece) and disc priest (4 piece) and I only have tier gloves so 1 piece...I go EF and have just over 11k haste with amp trinket and output is much, MUCH higher than my counterparts. on thok after the first stack up im well over the 300k hps mark where the sit around 150kish. I've ranked on malkorok (2 heal) and iron jugg (3 heal). I just don't see the issue I guess. We also used to have a resto shaman over the druid at times but numbers were no closer.

    I mean what specs are people playing that they think output is too low?
    If you actually read the thread you would see most of the complaints are in 25m.

  14. #254
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    Nazgrim's proc isn't as bad as it looks at a glance. It procs on everything I've bothered to look for (it procs from EF ticks, light's hammer, beacon, protector of the innocent, etc., only thing I don't know if it procs on is GoAK). It's still not super awesome, the proc is only gonna be 2-3% of your healing, but it's gonna be a consistent 2-3% at least.

    Not very excited about the int proc, but horridon never did drop his trinket in all the kills and coinrolls I spent on him so it was better than what I had.
    This is what I saw as well. About 2.5% healing on multistrike, largely overhealing. I am wondering though with the legendary cloak if it won't synergize a bit and improve its usefulness (that is unless you have the cloak).

    I have been sticking with the shadopan valor trinket + 496 Timeless isle trinket and it's worked pretty well. Nice int and mana return. I find that to be more consistent than multi-strike proccing overheals.

  15. #255
    Hallo,
    I dont understand 1 thing.
    The Most Pally go for the int gemming but they all take the norushen trinket.
    Why they dont take Horridon hc tf or something when they prio that ?
    I think mastery gemming and this trinket from Norushen is more usefull or not ?

  16. #256
    Is Daybreak broken?

    It doesn't seem to proc reliably anymore..
    Last edited by Lackjester; 2013-10-07 at 08:15 PM.

  17. #257
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayzeia View Post
    Hallo,
    I dont understand 1 thing.
    The Most Pally go for the int gemming but they all take the norushen trinket.
    Why they dont take Horridon hc tf or something when they prio that ?
    I think mastery gemming and this trinket from Norushen is more usefull or not ?
    Norushen doesn't drop a trinket.

  18. #258
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayzeia View Post
    Hallo,
    I dont understand 1 thing.
    The Most Pally go for the int gemming but they all take the norushen trinket.
    Why they dont take Horridon hc tf or something when they prio that ?
    I think mastery gemming and this trinket from Norushen is more usefull or not ?
    Assuming you probably mean the amplification trinket? If so its because it allows you to get the required Haste and Spirit breakpoints you need to be able to get more value from Int and Mastery, otherwise I don't know what you're talking about.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lackjester View Post
    Is Daybreak broken?

    It doesn't seem to proc reliably anymore..
    Seems fine to me

  19. #259
    Quote Originally Posted by pallyopness View Post
    I don't get where people say holy paladin numbers are low....I raid 10 mans and I am by far above other healers....on 3 heal fights I raid with a resto druid (2 piece) and disc priest (4 piece) and I only have tier gloves so 1 piece...I go EF and have just over 11k haste with amp trinket and output is much, MUCH higher than my counterparts. on thok after the first stack up im well over the 300k hps mark where the sit around 150kish. I've ranked on malkorok (2 heal) and iron jugg (3 heal). I just don't see the issue I guess. We also used to have a resto shaman over the druid at times but numbers were no closer.

    I mean what specs are people playing that they think output is too low?
    What is your mastery % when your haste rating is so high?

  20. #260
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrpaintball99 View Post
    What is your mastery % when your haste rating is so high?
    I'd hazard a guess around the 7-8000 mark (about 25%), hopefully he'll respond though as I'm quite interested in a higher Haste style.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •