Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulldancer View Post
    So does Gemming int outweigh mastery? I wished they had a SimCraft for healers
    I saw a heavy increase in my heals when I dropped all of my mastery gems for int gems.

My armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ashwa/advanced

I went from 43% mastery buffed to 37.5% mastery buffed, but I gained 2k int while doing it. My healing felt much better, much stronger overall. After all, Intellect will triple dip. 1) it gives you a stronger hitting spell 2) since the spell is healing for more, you'll get a bigger shield. afterall, if you heal for 100k at 43% mastery you get a 43k shield. If you heal a 120k at 37.5% mastery you get a 45k shield. 3) more int=more crits which will equal even bigger mastery shields.

Summary: I saw a big improvement in performance when i regemmed int.

Sashwa,

are you 10man or 25man? Also, how do you have heroic boots already?

Quote Originally Posted by mofobagins View Post
    Sashwa,

Black Auction House probably.

10+ Year Old Account

triple dip

Quote Originally Posted by Sashwa View Post
    I saw a heavy increase in my heals when I dropped all of my mastery gems for int gems.

My armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ashwa/advanced

I went from 43% mastery buffed to 37.5% mastery buffed, but I gained 2k int while doing it. My healing felt much better, much stronger overall. After all, Intellect will triple dip. 1) it gives you a stronger hitting spell 2) since the spell is healing for more, you'll get a bigger shield. afterall, if you heal for 100k at 43% mastery you get a 43k shield. If you heal a 120k at 37.5% mastery you get a 45k shield. 3) more int=more crits which will equal even bigger mastery shields.

Summary: I saw a big improvement in performance when i regemmed int.
    Intellect does not triple dip. Double dip maybe, but the size of the illuminated healing is a percentage of the heal only, not a percentage of intellect and the heal. Intellect only effects the size of the shield once by making the original heal bigger.

I've been thinking about doing this myself as well. Mastery just doesn't seem to be effecting that much anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac28083 View Post
    Intellect does not triple dip. Double dip maybe, but the size of the illuminated healing is a percentage of the heal only, not a percentage of intellect and the heal. Intellect only effects the size of the shield once by making the original heal bigger.

I've been thinking about doing this myself as well. Mastery just doesn't seem to be effecting that much anymore.
    Intellect only affects the size of the shield once, but it affects the original heal as well as a very small chance to crit. Hence it's considered triple dipping.

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps I'm missing something. I was under the impression that something that triple dips is something that is increased by a stat once, increased by the stat a second time, and then increased by the same stat a 3rd time.

Wouldn't Intellect and heals that apply shields be double dipping b/c intellect effects

1. The original Heal via spell power.

Not Illuminated Healing b/c Intellect doesn't effect the percentage of a heal. (Int making the original heal being bigger is already counted in #1).

2.)Chance to crit.

What I'm trying to say is that the determining factor for how big illuminated healing shields get has only 2 factors that come from intellect.
    How much spellpower went into the original heal and whether the heal crit or not.
    I'm at a loss from where this 3rd factor is coming from. (Yes I understand that Illuminated Healing is a percentage of the original heal but that still counts as 1 factor if it's dependent on it).
    Last edited by jmac28083; 2013-09-16 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mofobagins View Post
    Sashwa,

I am a 10m raider. And yes, I did indeed get them from the Black Market Auction House. Got them for 20k gold. quite the snag

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jmac28083 View Post
    Perhaps I'm missing something. I was under the impression that something that triple dips is something that is increased by a stat once, increased by the stat a second time, and then increased by the same stat a 3rd time.

Wouldn't Intellect and heals that apply shields be double dipping b/c intellect effects

1. The original Heal via spell power.

Not Illuminated Healing b/c Intellect doesn't effect the percentage of a heal. (Int making the original heal being bigger is already counted in #1).

2.)Chance to crit.

What I'm trying to say is that the determining factor for how big illuminated healing shields get has only 2 factors that come from intellect.
    How much spellpower went into the original heal and whether the heal crit or not.
    I'm at a loss from where this 3rd factor is coming from. (Yes I understand that Illuminated Healing is a percentage of the original heal but that still counts as 1 factor if it's dependent on it).
    I'm saying that gemming the int itself is triple dipping. Because it makes the INITIAL heal stronger (#1). because the heal was bigger, the mastery shield will also be bigger (#2). and more int=more crit chance and we all know that if a heal crits, the shield is going to be huge. (#3). PLUS it is a way to increase your throughput without having to get more mana regen. So you could even consider that a fourth.
    Last edited by Sashwa; 2013-09-17 at 12:21 AM.

Did anyone try a full mastery build with SH in 10 mans? How did the throughput look like? How much mastery/haste/spirit did you have?
    I'm going to give it a go on normals next week (just short of a Garrosh kill this reset, ugh), was looking for some input before I regemmed and reforge my entire gear, again.
    The main appeal is of course proccing mastery shields on a significant portion of the raid constantly. Main thing that I'd say will be missing is burst heal+raw throughput double punch from EF. Using WoG will probably feel like a huge waste.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fallenangel-succ View Post
    Did anyone try a full mastery build with SH in 10 mans? How did the throughput look like? How much mastery/haste/spirit did you have?
    I'm going to give it a go on normals next week (just short of a Garrosh kill this reset, ugh), was looking for some input before I regemmed and reforge my entire gear, again.
    The main appeal is of course proccing mastery shields on a significant portion of the raid constantly. Main thing that I'd say will be missing is burst heal+raw throughput double punch from EF. Using WoG will probably feel like a huge waste.
    Throughput is very high with this build we three healed Thok last night and I was burst healing for rediculous amounts and was outhealing the MW and disc in spread healing. I'll link logs when they are up as my RL is still splitting the file or something. But yeh I'm gemming primarily Mastery>spirit but as im stil trialling how much haste I need to make the "rotation" work and due to having 0 mana issues so im reforging into some haste from spirit my reforges are a bit out of whack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullrog View Post
    Throughput is very high with this build we three healed Thok last night and I was burst healing for rediculous amounts and was outhealing the MW and disc in spread healing. I'll link logs when they are up as my RL is still splitting the file or something. But yeh I'm gemming primarily Mastery>spirit but as im stil trialling how much haste I need to make the "rotation" work and due to having 0 mana issues so im reforging into some haste from spirit my reforges are a bit out of whack.
    I am pretty sure your MW is doing something wrong if you are outhealing them in spread healing with a SH build.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    I am pretty sure your MW is doing something wrong if you are outhealing them in spread healing with a SH build.
    Looking at the actual logs which I didnt have before im just below him. Although if you check debuffs I spent most of the spread healing phases running away from Fixate.. 7 times in a fight has to be the unluckiest streak of the week.. haha

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/sk0uf...=15636&e=16105

I'm not entirely convinced that gemming int is better than gemming mastery (10 man), however my shields are sometimes quite often dropping off in spread situations and there's not much i can do about it. I'll probably give int a shot tomorrow for heroics. Also, yesterday i ran with 14.2k spirit on garrosh and it felt like i just coudn't run out of mana, i finished the fight with 50% left, i ranked 3rd so i didn't do any /afking either. I really need to get used to the mana changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullrog View Post
    Looking at the actual logs which I didnt have before im just below him. Although if you check debuffs I spent most of the spread healing phases running away from Fixate.. 7 times in a fight has to be the unluckiest streak of the week.. haha

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/sk0uf...=15636&e=16105

I guess it is according to strat, but I wouldn't call thok that much of a spread fight so it could make sense being close or beating him in a SH build in 10m.

I have tried sh with mastery and ef 7170 with int. I can say without a doubt the ef 7170 build is significantly stronger from a 10 man pov. I got up to 10/14 at 548 ilvl week one for perspective.
    Last edited by Kretan; 2013-09-17 at 03:01 PM.

So putting that extra haste into int/mastery did make a bit of a difference. It feels like I'm constantly busy every fight, but I am not really in danger of going oom ever. This is with 13 ticks of EF with 14-15k spirit and everything else into mastery/int. This was for 7/14 in 10 man in two nights, so not too bad. Still looking forward to 7170 though!

Quote Originally Posted by dragconus View Post
    once it proc's what spell do you go with? is it best to just try and hit the instant aoe's like prism and LoD or do u go single target?
    Sadly, the cloak proc is completely rng and it can be either those depending on what is going on during that current fight.

It's the one drawback about this cloak that I wish could be a bit more controllable.

Edit: I will say tracking the proc does wonders for maxing it. If you don't have a way to track this proc, do it.
    Last edited by Verdell; 2013-09-17 at 04:19 PM.

Is anyone else running SS? I'm currently 8/14 (pretty casual 10) and running SS largely because I'm just tired of EF. I've seen a lot of success with SS (usually around 30% of my healing), keeping it up on tanks and using extra charges on people with dots on them or are more likely to take damage (usually melee). However I'm curious what haste people are running with for SS, currently I'm trying for a balance of haste and mastery. I've read that while there are breakpoints for extra SS ticks, any amount of extra haste always helps to shorten the time between ticks.

TLDR: what haste are people using with SS?

Quote Originally Posted by Kretan View Post
    I have tried sh with mastery and ef 7170 with int. I can say without a doubt the ef 7170 build is significantly stronger from a 10 man pov. I got up to 10/14 at 548 ilvl week one for perspective.
    I feel like in general the 7170 build will be innately very strong for 10 man, compared to SS, SH and a 3.5k build. Specially if you're two healing, the spikes in healing from SS & SH builds seem like a big issue to me, and Mastery just seems weaker in 10 man anyway with the reduced chance to hit 6 targets.

I'm interested in people's thoughts for a BiS ideal though? I'm currently looking at stretching to a 13.5k break point with the percentage increase trinket pushing that to 14.5k (16 ticks) while still having an Int focus overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuma8244 View Post
    Is anyone else running SS? I'm currently 8/14 (pretty casual 10) and running SS largely because I'm just tired of EF. I've seen a lot of success with SS (usually around 30% of my healing), keeping it up on tanks and using extra charges on people with dots on them or are more likely to take damage (usually melee). However I'm curious what haste people are running with for SS, currently I'm trying for a balance of haste and mastery. I've read that while there are breakpoints for extra SS ticks, any amount of extra haste always helps to shorten the time between ticks.

TLDR: what haste are people using with SS?
    Theck made a spreadsheet with breakpoints at http://www.sacredduty.net/2012/11/21...for-tankadins/. Assuming you have the haste raid buff, the breakpoint you should be going for is 5335 haste for the 2nd extra tick. Getting the 3rd extra tick requires 12688 haste which likely won't be worth it. You could probably stick with 7170 haste in case you need to switch to EF for a fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

How much mastery is too much mastery? Here's my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...latro/advanced (nothing special)

But I feel like mastery is being wasted at my ilvl. Pre 5.4 I was dumping on as much haste as I could and liked the style but tried out mastery and while I like it (some), I feel like I've gone too far in the opposite direction. Essentially, I'd like some overall guidance.