Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gmaister22 View Post
    Ok, i am a bit confused now, icy veins and noxxic say that we should go with EF and int>spirit>mastery>haste

So we go with mastery or haste? EF or SS? So confused!
    There isn't really a definitive answer to haste vs mastery yet. People going for haste breakpoints seem to be finding it effective but likewise people still rolling mastery are performing fine.

Stupid question, but when people talk about their regen, are they talking about in combat or ooc regen?

Quote Originally Posted by Spellsteal View Post
    Stupid question, but when people talk about their regen, are they talking about in combat or ooc regen?
    Always combat regen. Why would OOC matter?

- - - Updated - - -

OT: I started the first few fights with SS and LoD. Ugh. SS is just a mess. Having to keep a shield up every 10 secs just ruined the fluidity with healing. Swapped back to EF and just felt right. Still bouncing between 3506 and 7170 but finding 3506 and int gems the sweet spot for me.

Picked up 2 piece (Thanks Celestials ) and the difference is noticable. Also, I also recommend a cloak proc tracker. It has helped me max the output of the legendary a lot.
    Last edited by Verdell; 2013-09-15 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mcbubble View Post
    BTW, the logs are now parsed.

So a lot of people are saying that they'd like to go for 7170 haste for 14 ticks of EF, compared to the 3506 haste for 13 ticks.
    That's a difference of 3664. Now, going off of the following conversions:
    1% mastery 480 rating
    1% haste 425 rating
    1% crit 600 rating
    1% spell crit 1850 rating from int
    Combat Regen = 6000 +(0.56435*SPIRIT).

If you use that 3664 as mastery, you will gain 7.63% mastery.
    I'm in a 25m and here's how I justify going to 3506 haste: What's the max amount of EFs that I'll be able to put out in 25m?
    I'm looking at one of the top parses for Iron Juggernaut and you can see that he has max of ~10 EFs out at one time with 40 EFs cast the entire fight.
    http://i.imgur.com/ubs4Zh8.jpg

For my gear, a tick of EF heals for ~40k.
    So 14 ticks of EF: 40k * 40 = 1.6m healing from that extra one tick.
    With 13 ticks of EF, but 7.63% of mastery on 60 million HPS fight: 4.2 million absorbs.
    Obviously I didn't take into account that the 60 million from EF won't all count as IH...and I also didn't include Chi procs, but to me, the one extra EF tick and the minimal reduced cast time isn't worth the mastery loss.
    Do you have a link to your armory for a better idea?

How much haste will we need for the 7170 breakpoint with the sha of pride trinket?

Quote Originally Posted by Sashwa View Post
    How much haste will we need for the 7170 breakpoint with the sha of pride trinket?
    Factor in the 6% and there's your answer

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

It's 7%. And you mean 7% of what? the 7170? That's 502(rounding up). So say instead you get the 6668 haste. But now 7% of that isn't the same so you'll end up being below that. I was also questioning whether or not it increases the actual amount of haste, or just the percentage. Or does it not matter because both affect it?

iirc, amp trinkets just give you a multiplier for your rating. 6701 rating is what you'll need (6701*1.07=7170)

Quote Originally Posted by chopp View Post
    iirc, amp trinkets just give you a multiplier for your rating. 6701 rating is what you'll need (6701*1.07=7170)
    Tyvm sir. You are a gentleman and a scholar. I was a little concerned about this trinket because there isn't any int on it. We are supposedly stacking int now, and i figured losing ~1.8k from a double upgraded heroic ToT trinket would be worse than gaining the 7% of everything plus an int proc. But now I'm not quite sure. I've heard that this trinket is better than the double upgraded heroic lei shen trinket? yes? Also, our other trinket is the int/mana regen one, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Skulldancer View Post
    Do you have a link to your armory for a better idea?
    My armory link should be in my signature..but you can find it here as well:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...bblee/advanced

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdell View Post
    Always combat regen. Why would OOC matter?

- - - Updated - - -

OT: I started the first few fights with SS and LoD. Ugh. SS is just a mess. Having to keep a shield up every 10 secs just ruined the fluidity with healing. Swapped back to EF and just felt right. Still bouncing between 3506 and 7170 but finding 3506 and int gems the sweet spot for me.

Picked up 2 piece (Thanks Celestials ) and the difference is noticable. Also, I also recommend a cloak proc tracker. It has helped me max the output of the legendary a lot.
    once it proc's what spell do you go with? is it best to just try and hit the instant aoe's like prism and LoD or do u go single target?
    Rise from the darkness?
    I'd rather embrace it.

Deleted
    I have a problem now i play 25 man and stay at garrosh.
    My problem is that my job is in first prio the tanks. I think that is normal as pally atm.
    The thing is that i have no plan which talents i should use now.
    I tested SS with haste , EF with the 7k cap and spirit , full mastery with SH and less Spirit.
    But i dont know i think i hc progress i have to support the group healers hard and i dont know what to gem now i see much pallys gemmin int and forge mastery and 15k spirit.
    then some with just 8k spirit and full mastery.
    And some with full spirit 17/18k and mastery.

Can u tell me what the best now to do.
    My cloak is finished in the next ID.

here my char : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Rayray/simple

- - - Updated - - -

I have a problem now i play 25 man and stay at garrosh.
    My problem is that my job is in first prio the tanks. I think that is normal as pally atm.
    The thing is that i have no plan which talents i should use now.
    I tested SS with haste , EF with the 7k cap and spirit , full mastery with SH and less Spirit.
    But i dont know i think i hc progress i have to support the group healers hard and i dont know what to gem now i see much pallys gemmin int and forge mastery and 15k spirit.
    then some with just 8k spirit and full mastery.
    And some with full spirit 17/18k and mastery.

Can u tell me what the best now to do.
    My cloak is finished in the next ID.

here my char : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kelthuzad/Rayray/simple

Sortof a WWYD situation... It looks like I'm not going to be getting the 5% buff in my 10 man for a while. I was able to get 7170 without any trouble, but getting 14 ticks of EF without the buff isn't really realistic for me (yet) at 9653 haste. So until I get the buff or the trinket or some upgrades, I think it's probably my best bet to settle for 13 ticks at 5806 haste, then dump the rest into mastery? Maybe? This is sitting at around 15k spirit, which felt really comfortable during the first 4 fights.

However, I *did* really love how it felt with at least that much haste. So much more fun than slow, mastery heavy heals.
    Last edited by Taygete; 2013-09-16 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taygete View Post
    Sortof a WWYD situation... It looks like I'm not going to be getting the 5% buff in my 10 man for a while.
    You have no Balance Druid / Shadow Priest / Ele Shaman / Hunter in your raid?

Quote Originally Posted by Puffpower View Post
    You have no Balance Druid / Shadow Priest / Ele Shaman / Hunter in your raid?
    We will when we 2 heal everything. Hunters are covering crit/melee haste. Not the most ideal comp, but it is what it is for now, unfortunately.

Just to get a clear picture:
    Tanks: Paladin, Monk
    Dps: Paladin, Warrior, Warlock, 2 Hunters
    Healers: Paladin, Shaman, Holy Priest

The pally tank is part-time and we are in the process of looking for a replacement. We had a DK tank that we lost to fall sports. If we happen to find a decent healer recruit, our Priest can switch to a DK tank. Generally when we 2 heal, the shaman goes ele.

*Edit*
    So I went and did it... unbuffed I'm just under 15k spirit, with 5806 haste and 21% mastery. I guess we will see how it goes tonight!
    Last edited by Taygete; 2013-09-16 at 01:44 PM.

How far will Illuminated Healing fall if socketed pure INT gems for SP on the meters? INT doesnt buff crit or anything else anymore. They even devalued INT on Gems compared to everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Taygete View Post
    We will when we 2 heal everything. Hunters are covering crit/melee haste. Not the most ideal comp, but it is what it is for now, unfortunately.

Just to get a clear picture:
    Tanks: Paladin, Monk
    Dps: Paladin, Warrior, Warlock, 2 Hunters
    Healers: Paladin, Shaman, Holy Priest

The pally tank is part-time and we are in the process of looking for a replacement. We had a DK tank that we lost to fall sports. If we happen to find a decent healer recruit, our Priest can switch to a DK tank. Generally when we 2 heal, the shaman goes ele.

*Edit*
    So I went and did it... unbuffed I'm just under 15k spirit, with 5806 haste and 21% mastery. I guess we will see how it goes tonight!
    Drop the priest from healing & 2 heal all of normal mode. Three healers for heroic will probably be required in some places, but for normal mode it's just pointlessly buffing each others overheal.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulldancer View Post
    How far will Illuminated Healing fall if socketed pure INT gems for SP on the meters? INT doesnt buff crit or anything else anymore. They even devalued INT on Gems compared to everything else.
    Int still gives crit %. at about 27k int I am getting 14% crit chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended2210 View Post
    Int still gives crit %. at about 27k int I am getting 14% crit chance.
    So does Gemming int outweigh mastery? I wished they had a SimCraft for healers

Quote Originally Posted by Puffpower View Post
    Drop the priest from healing & 2 heal all of normal mode. Three healers for heroic will probably be required in some places, but for normal mode it's just pointlessly buffing each others overheal.
    Two healing is the plan eventually, but the priest to dk thing is a last resort because he just enjoys healing a lot more (though he is excellent at both). We aren't a hardcore guild, though we do get well into heroics while the content is still current, but it's a 2 night per week casual thing. So no one is going to push for a perfect comp or ask someone to switch unless it will mean the difference between raiding and not raiding. That in mind... my question is what the best thing to do in the meantime would be.