Quote Originally Posted by Svinoi Banana View Post
    Erm, well this is different.

"Endless PC gaming, just £3.99 a month"

"Get unlimited access to an instant collection of great PC games, try new EA games before they’re released, and save 10% on Origin purchases. Cancel anytime."

Rent-a-games?
    Been around for a year or so, I think. Started on Xbox and they moved it over to PC. Basically, think Netflix, but for games. It's actually not a bad deal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Been around for a year or so, I think. Started on Xbox and they moved it over to PC. Basically, think Netflix, but for games. It's actually not a bad deal.
    First time I`ve seen it, oblivious as per usual

Quite a few of those have been humblebundle`d haven`t they? Handy I guess for those that missed them I guess too.

Quote Originally Posted by Svinoi Banana View Post
    "Get unlimited access to an instant collection of great PC games, try new EA games before they’re released, and save 10% on Origin purchases. Cancel anytime."

Rent-a-games?
    Isn't new.
    It's just their latest scam.
    Does not include any DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    Isn't new.
    It's just their latest scam.
    Does not include any DLC.
    It's not a scam. It's a paid service that grants access to a variety of games for a monthly feel, and a discount should you want to purchase any while subscribed.

It's a scam in the same way Netflix is a scam because you can't access the "bonus features" that are on the DVD/Blue-Ray for the movie you just watched through their service. Meaning that it's not a scam at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they tell you what you pay for and how much you pay, I don't see how it's a scam.

Quote Originally Posted by Seifa View Post
    And speaking of gaming platforms again: it looks like GoG is starting a campaign to import selected Steam games into its library so you can have a DRM free copy.
    I like the idea just to have a backup copy and the fact some devs and publishers are willing to give the chance to customers to have multiple copies of the same game from different retailers. As the title says: "You own the games, so why buy them more than once?"

https://www.gog.com/connect
    Thanks for mentioning that. Went to connect my account and got this (thought the several days part was funny)

YOUR ACCOUNTS ARE BEING CONNECTED

Due to exceedingly high demand this may take up to several days, please check back later. Thank you for your patience.

Welcome aboard the longest queue.

That several days is worrying me, not much by the temporary offer, but the fact that so many are doing that and hammering the system. :P
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

Not so surprising. Finally we're able to get versions of our beloved games without DRM without having to pay for it again.
    There are some branches in the entertainment industry that could learn from this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eurgh, the list of games disappears if you setup the connection, meh, be right I can see most of them.

I probably won't install them, I have quite a few games for GoG and even have the client installed, but I'd like the option to be able too.

Really really need to start playing some games through before Legion lands too >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    I've used something like this years ago (like, 10-15?), think it was metaboli, was quite good but they got totally crazy on DRM to prevent you from downloading everything and cancelling next day (you could not download the entire game, some parts had to be loaded on the fly from servers). But that was a great idea, monthly fee to get access to a few hundreds of games.
    While I completely agree that the service is indeed a great idea regarding what it offers; But were the game available any desireable? Or merely a lot of mediocrity, with the occasional "possible diamond in the rough" thrown in the middle, kind of games?

Omg, GoG finally synched my accounts and it worked perfectly! Fun fact, maybe now i can play Saints Row 2 since GoG has the patched version and i don't need to cap the frame to 30 manually since that game doesn't know what 60 fps are.
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh yes, Saints Row 2. Got that I think on a Humble bundle quite a few year back, installed it and it refused to load, threw an error or something. I was lazy so uninstalled it and played the third one instead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    took a quick look at their website now and I really can't say this any more though xD
    That's not fair, LEGO Harry Potter years 1-4 is coming soon !!!

Deleted
    My GOG account shows as linked now, with one game apparently claimed, or waiting to appear.

The excitement, no idea which game lol.

There seems to be a problem with GOG Connect at the moment

I had the following:

• FTL: Advanced Edition
    • Saints Row 2
    • Shadowrun Returns
    • The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
    • To the Moon
    • Trine Enchanted Edition
    • Two World

Looks like the ones I don't own on Steam and are available (guessing its the full list for the moment); it's not much but a start

• Mount & Blade
    • Bit.Trip Runner
    • Braid
    • Breach & Clear
    • Breach & Clear: Deadline
    • Broken Sword: Director's Cut
    • Galactic Civilizations III
    • Project Zomboid
    • Sherlock Holmes: Secret of the Silver Earring
    • The Incredible Adventurs of Van Hellsing Final Cut
    • The Witness
    • Unreal Gold
    • Unreal Torunament GOTY
    • VVVVVV
    • Xenoanuts

Deleted
    My GOG account finally sorted & I gained...*drum roll* Trine Enhanced Edition.

Guess that is probably because I buy more on GOG then elsewhere hehe.