New SS mechanic discussion

I just wanted to have a discussion about the new Soul Swap, mostly from a PVP standpoint but I think it also applies to PVE in multi-dot situations.

I did some battlegrounds last night, and realized something I should have already known: Soul Swap is now very useful, but can be tricky to use. With it now copying the dots directly, it adds a new dimension to the ability, because it copies duration remaining, and things like # of stacks on agony.

What I found myself doing last night, which proved to be sub-optimal, was to pop my cd's, and proceed to dot up the team (same idea as 5.3) but now by using SB:SS on first target, and then regular SS on each subsequent target. Well, after a few targets, the SS'd UA has such a short duration its not really worth while, and agony is being applied to everyone at 1 stack.

To counter this, I tried something else. I dotted the first target via casting dots, then channeled MG to get agony stacks up to 10. I then popped all cd's, refreshed the dots via SB:SS (to get their max duration via panemic), and started to dot the whole team via SS. This resulted in full duration, demon soul, 10-stack agony dots on their whole team, while having lots of shards to toss haunts in between SS's.

I didnt get any testing done because I had limited time last night (and couldnt really test properly in the bg's I did), but am I correct in assuming that SS works as the tooltip states. Does it directly copy dots, or does it re-snapshot your stats when you put on the next target, as well as copying their duration. I noticed it copies your agony stacks, but thats the only real thing I noticed.

Maybe I am just stating the obvious here, but can anyone else share their experience from the first day of 5.4 SS.

It copies the duration remaining and its power. Its an exact copy. So obviously the timer does not refresh, and it does not re-snapshot

As I peruse around this forum and others, I see that SOC gets copied with SS. SS'ing around a full row of dots, including SOC could be amazing, provided it doesnt go off from the previously applied ones exploding around it. I will test tonight, but could be a pretty big jump in spread damage if you were able to spread even a couple of them for the cost of one cast time.

Anyone had any luck getting this working?

Quote Originally Posted by junn View Post
    could be a pretty big jump in spread damage if you were able to spread even a couple of them for the cost of one cast time.
    But it isn't.. It is two gcd's per spread, vs 1gcd casttime to add another soc to the aoe pack.

Deleted
    Would still probably be a nice DPS gain if you succeed to spread both full dots and a SoC.

Quote Originally Posted by rijn dael View Post
    But it isn't.. It is two gcd's per spread, vs 1gcd casttime to add another soc to the aoe pack.
    Does the burst portion of Seed get snapshotted? If so it could be worth it if you get a seed that's quite buffed.

Deleted
    I tried hard to swap around Seed of Corruptions. I tried swapping around just SB:SoC and SoC but they blow up by the time I reach the first swap target... I can't get that to work.

Swapping around a full row of dots and a regular Seed of Corruption works really well.. On dummies atleast.

Little OT but is Mannoroth's Fury with the increased dmg on SoC worth taking? or is Archi's the best choice?

I couldnt get the SOC (SB'd or regular) to move targets with any consistency last night. I sometimes got it to move once, but couldnt get it past there.

I know its still 2 GCD's to move it with SS, but in PVP, (where I was hoping to be able to do it), its 2 instant casts, that I would be already doing, and just a damage boost from one cast.

I will try again tonight, but i dont have high hopes for this.

Quote Originally Posted by junn View Post
    I couldnt get the SOC (SB'd or regular) to move targets with any consistency last night. I sometimes got it to move once, but couldnt get it past there.

I know its still 2 GCD's to move it with SS, but in PVP, (where I was hoping to be able to do it), its 2 instant casts, that I would be already doing, and just a damage boost from one cast.

I will try again tonight, but i dont have high hopes for this.
    Theoretically, the damage value for SoC in pvp would be offset by the fact that it disrupts certain elements , like breaking CC ( this is even more of an issue in arena specifically ).
    Let's say you somehow managed to place a SoC on a target that isn't being directly focused ( we're talking in 3s for example), like a pet or something, then u SS from pet to main target resulting in 2 SoC procs , the thing is, I highly doubt more than 2 SoC can be setup in such a closed environment such as 3v3, even so 2 or 3 SoC procs would only be useful for cleaving , though the main issue remains concerning it disrupting CC.

I am talking about RBG's (or random BG's I guess) where a locks goal is to do as much dmg as possible, and most classes are already cleaving, and would be breaking CC's anyways.

Would only even consider doing this during 3's if playing Shadowcleave or LSD2.0 and trying to cleave everything down during cooldowns.