Thread: Arms or fury ?

Arms or fury ?

Sorry if i make a new post but i cant figure something.

Shall we go arms or fury ? I know fight will be good for arms but still with the nerf on SS is still wotrh it to stay arms ?

It's just a pain in the ass to have to reforge every 2 boss...

so may i have clue on what spec shall i go?

regards,

Bottom of the arms guide has a section for this, I'm in the process of updating and will be adding some "tips and tricks" per boss as I discover them.
    But that is more towards people who are willing to respec between fights. The difference between specs is much smaller now, so feel free to play whatever you want. As you get into higher/heroic gear levels (560-570+) Fury starts outpacing Arms.
    Edit: if you want the better overall spec without having to respec between, I would recommend Fury and just change to Bladestorm for AoE.

Deleted
    I've been Arms since the start of MoP. Feels like everyone is coming into my special club now. The club only I was in. ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    I've been Arms since the start of MoP. Feels like everyone is coming into my special club now. The club only I was in. ;P
    So is there a secret handshake or do I just scream like a crazy bastard and swing my axe around?
    Cause that's what us Fury Warriors do!

arms' simcraft profile isnt great, im no theory crafter and ive already buffed it by 5k.

i took - [actions.single_target+=/slam,if=(debuff.colossus_smash.up&buff.taste_for_blood.stack<3)&target.health.pct>=20]
    and just took out - [&buff.taste_for_blood.stack<3]
    and it was a 5k dps increase and an increase in crit scaling
    so if you look at the BiS profile for t15... - http://www.simulationcraft.org/540/Raid_T15H.html
    and add (lets be conservative) 4k to it you see the gap closes significantly.
    meaning arms is top aoe and so little behind in single target... especially if you take into account how simple arms is in comparison to fury.

Arms is fairly close to Fury in Single Target in current/lower gear. But it doesn't scale as well as Fury and Fury begins to outpace it in higher gear levels. Arms cleave is still better than Fury, though without the 2p rage generation is iffy.
    I may be off, but I believe the Taste for Blood stuff in the simcraft actions is because Collision had it written up for the 2p "alternate rotation" that I wrote up in the Arms guide. That rotation is nowhere near plausible without the 2p and with the change to SoO no longer proccing Colossal Rage, I doubt it's effectiveness (although he claims it is still a slight dps increase).

i also missed out that mastery scaling goes up past haste with this change (kinda logical, more OS proccing more CS meaning more super slams)

so unless haste scales better with t16 2/4 piece is the true stat list not Exp cap > Hit cap > Strength > Crit > Mastery > Haste ?

my values with 25000 iterations, i repeated it a few times with altered reforges

Haste is still better single target. Any amount of multi target mastery starts taking over though. The closer you get to 100% uptime the higher Mastery gets. The closer you get to 100% mastery the stronger mastery gets.
    There is a certain point (which is completely unrealistic, I cannot stress this enough), where at true 100% uptime and something like 70%+ Mastery (total reforges + gems), it just becomes redonkulous. Talking like 4-5x the value of Strength.

For all intents and purposes right now, Mastery is more or less equal to Haste. If you are swapping from Fury-Arms for cleave fights; feel free to keep Fury reforging.
    If you are using Arms for everything, same deal; reforge Crit > Mastery > Haste.

Thing about Arms is that no matter what you do, the differences are really small. Rotation, reforges, everything. Arms is really weird this way.

Edit: now that I actually read your question lol. I'll see about getting a confirmation tonight; even if haste is still slightly superior single target on paper, the whole point of Arms is multi target and so mastery is going to be better overall in actual use.
    And the only reason we have "discovered" Mastery is better is because of some extremely complicated math on Collisions part, mostly with modeling how SS and OS interact. I know some people reported before that they felt Mastery was better, but without math to back it up, feeling something is just too random to rely on, if that makes sense.

Hi all i been hearing Arms is good for soO because of all the AoE situations. and i was wondering if i should switch over from fury?
    here is a link of my character currently.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...e/Miyth/simple

so my question: i just got the Raid-finder 2h sword off of sha of pride boss http://www.wowhead.com/item=104981 , would it make it worth while to go arms even thought my Equipped Ilvl is 531?