Deleted

PSU upgrade madness.

Well as the tittle suggest in this topic there is the interesting decision making of picking the right PSU to match my rig in order to unleash it's full potential.
    My current PSU is just fine for it's current job but as forum regulars here know it won't keep up once i get my gpu's watercooled. (something with a modded bios so i can in theory dedice to feed my beats something like 440W each orso)
    However looking for a new PSU in this segment isn't easy. (as the other guru's and i encountered on our secret communications channel)
    Now to the actual hardware part.
    The PSU i'm looking for has to be atleast gold rated , fully modulair,max length <200mm and 1000W minimum.
    this has resulted in a few possible options.
    Seasonic X-1250 80+ Gold (230 euro, http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/29592...-80+-gold.html )
    XFX Black Edition ProSeries 1000 Watt (215 euro, http://www.computeruniverse.net/en/p...-proseries.asp )
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 Power Supply (205 euro, http://eu.evga.com/products/moreInfo...upplies&uc=EUR )
    AX1200i digital ATX power supply 1200W plat (275 euro, http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/31589...r-ax1200i.html)

So if you were in my shoes which option would you pick and more specifc as to how and why.
    Or perhaps there is even some option i've missed.
    Any dutch site should work i prefer not having to order it from somewhere else in the EU if i don't have to. (for non dutchies tweakers has most stuff in their database for price comparison anyway, so if possible use a link from there please)

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    SeaSonic4LYFE always!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    any more details as to why which PSU would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    any more details as to why which PSU would be appreciated.
    Seasonic is generally considered one of the best brands you can get so you can't really go wrong with them(DOA's aside, everyone, and I mean EVERYONE gets DOA's). Them as XFX/BeQuiet are the ones that come to mind.

Plus, you got 1300 reviews you can look through on newegg! :P
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Deleted
    guess i'll order by the end of the day then.
    still eagerly awaiting release of waterblocks
    also most reviews make me facepalm as to the amount of overkill most people have in wattage , single gpu setup and 1250W i mean really?
    Last edited by mmoce1d4ab16bc; 2013-09-12 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    guess i'll order by the end of the day then.
    still eagerly awaiting release of waterblocks
    also most reviews make me facepalm as to the amount of overkill most people have in wattage , single gpu setup and 1250W i mean really?

Most people are simply not smart and go with what is popular or what looks cool, the price and massive amount of un-used wattage be damned.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

btw if you are talking about SLI GTX 780 - you won't need 1200W to run them - even when they are overclocked

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blancoo View Post
    btw if you are talking about SLI GTX 780 - you won't need 1200W to run them - even when they are overclocked
    Seconding this - you'll probably need around 800W, maybe 900 if you're paranoid.

Quote Originally Posted by tenangrychickens View Post
    Seconding this - you'll probably need around 800W, maybe 900 if you're paranoid.
    If they are watercooled, you WILL need a 1000W+ PSU. I remember reading a post of someones that they were drawing 800W+ on a system with dual-watercooled & overclocked GPU's, think they were GTX 590/690 Classifieds.

Deleted
    well classified 780's can draw up to 440W each with a custom bios with 100% PT (can even go as far as 130%)
    ordered the 1250W seasonic one