Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Gotte love Balance right boys?

Deleted
    Burst last patch was stupid anyway.
    However I still havn't met on of those godmode healers you people are talking about. I didn't struggle too much as marksman.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post
    People bitched when you can get globalled, Blizzard does something about. People bitch about fights being a lot slower, even though they asked for it.

SENSE, YOU'RE NOT MAKING ANY PEOPLE!!

But I do agree that healers are pretty damn tough.
    globaling ppl is a class balance issue and has nothing todo with resil

Deleted
    I had some luck as assassination rogue last night on account of the absurd pressure damage. Was quite horrible on my lock though

10+ Year Old Account
    People bitched when you can get globalled, Blizzard does something about. People bitch about fights being a lot slower, even though they asked for it.

Because Blizzard never hit the "sweet spot", it's always out of control in one way or the other. Just another horrible patch in a horrible expansion (for PvP) from what people are saying. I'm sitting this one out and hoping they make some big changes for the next expac.

wait for gear then make threads. atm pvp is like end of tbc right before wrath - ppl just dont die.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    pvp seemed fine to me, apart from healers. i have no idea why blizzard insists on healers being godmode, but i wish they would stop.
    People often complain that not enough players go healer in BGs. When they enter a BG, they are killed first because their side forgets to defend them.
    So buffing them to entice them to take part in PVP seems the way to go.

Also, not being killed in 10 seconds is good.

I hate when stupids treat two different groups as one entity.

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    I hate when stupids treat two different groups as one entity.
    But his post made perfect sense. There is no sweet spot where everyone will be happy.
    I am Dave ! Yognaught, and I have the balls!

The thing is, even if all this gets better with the new gear, Blizzard gonna have to tweak the Tyrannical gear so it can still be viable agains people with the new conquest gear, cause thats what they been saying lately, closing the gap between conquest and honor, so it can still be kinda of a good fight between one and the other.

If they leave it like this, people with honor gear won't stand a chance doing too little dmg

10+ Year Old Account
    For some reason warlocks seem to not have changed one bit to me lol. They're doing giant chaos bolt hits now, heck, I was hit by a 93k conflagrate. Also got hit for a 99k slam by my warrior friend and a 24k deep wound tick. Saw an arcane mage do 30k living bomb ticks in a BG. Meanwhile I'm doing 7k backstabs

Unholy DKs should also not have been changed -too- much due to the strength buff (10% increased strength to 25%).

People are literally taking 26.6% reduced damage compared to 5.3 and we'll have to do 36% more damage compared to 5.3 to do the same damage we were doing in 5.3. For some classes it's different of course because of giant buffs. Warriors seem to be roflstomping everything right now. Arcane mages are also pretty insane tbh.

TL;DR gear should change it. Begin 5.3 everyone was doing shit dmg aswell except for rets. Later in the season it changed. I just wish blizzard would gradually increase resil as the season proceeds or something, because right now, it's really boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumaw View Post
    The thing is, even if all this gets better with the new gear, Blizzard gonna have to tweak the Tyrannical gear so it can still be viable agains people with the new conquest gear, cause thats what they been saying lately, closing the gap between conquest and honor, so it can still be kinda of a good fight between one and the other.

If they leave it like this, people with honor gear won't stand a chance doing too little dmg
    In 3s gear matters at high ratings, but if you're a good player playing with same exp partner, you should be able to beat those who are worse than you (there are exceptions like DKs and ferals who play bad), but you'll still be able to defeat higher geared players in 2s with lower gear.
    Last edited by Terahertz; 2013-09-12 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hezo View Post
    Burst last patch was stupid anyway.
    However I still havn't met on of those godmode healers you people are talking about. I didn't struggle too much as marksman.
    How much PVP gear are you in? I unloaded everything I had on a shaman healer last night, and I couldn't even get him to Kill Shot range. I kept Widow's Venom up, was Tranq Shotting HOTs, spamming Aimed Shot with Rapid Fire and Heroism up. Nothing. Not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Skygoneblue View Post
    How much PVP gear are you in? I unloaded everything I had on a shaman healer last night, and I couldn't even get him to Kill Shot range. I kept Widow's Venom up, was Tranq Shotting HOTs, spamming Aimed Shot with Rapid Fire and Heroism up. Nothing. Not even close.
    Gotta agree with this. My friend (2200+ hunter, so not awful) was trying out MM vs BM on me last night. I stood still spamming healing spheres as a Windwalker monk and outhealed his damage with all his CDs up as Marks. When he went BM I died pretty much instantly with CDs up. MM definitely doesn't have the burst to kill healers, let alone hybrids at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    Tell your friend he is wrong. WW Monks feel SLIGHTLY weaker than last patch, but effectively the same. Ele feels stronger right now - you can just stand still spamming healing surge and outheal most classes damage with how high damage reduction is at the moment (I play both classes).

Spriest damage is a little crazy at the moment it seems..
    Was this with insanity or FDCL? I havent had a chance to play my priest since patch dropped in a pvp setting.

Quote Originally Posted by stickyjam View Post
    Was this with insanity or FDCL? I havent had a chance to play my priest since patch dropped in a pvp setting.
    guessing insanity, and priests dots got a big buff at the end of the ptr

Deleted
    Resilience will fix it ™... oh wait, wrong expansion, right?

Resil is scaled for 522 gear so damage is crap currently

Working as intended

Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    Gotta agree with this. My friend (2200+ hunter, so not awful) was trying out MM vs BM on me last night. I stood still spamming healing spheres as a Windwalker monk and outhealed his damage with all his CDs up as Marks. When he went BM I died pretty much instantly with CDs up. MM definitely doesn't have the burst to kill healers, let alone hybrids at the moment.
    Says a lot about BM's skill cap.

I wish they could just come up with a permanent solution...
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

once everyone is in Grievous gear it will be different. Healers only seem OP because they have more TIME to heal someone up due to less dps been output.

I play healer and dps in pvp and I can say my heals are no different than b4 only I have a more forgiving 'time frame' to stay alive and heal my team mates up.

Deleted
    I completely don't see a problem with resilience even now, with 496 gear. Doesn't matter if I play warrior, rogue, DK or Shadow Priest. It's really fine now, unfortunately the new gear will make burst so-fuckin-high again. Maybe I do have troubles with killing healers in duels, but it won't be a problem in arenas or rBGs. Slightly slower paced games open possibilities to less retarded setups like WLS, RPS or hell, anything that is not a hunter cleave