Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    That is actually false.

Assuming the end boss is scaled for the normal mode ilvl, that is.

In T14 guilds farming heroic were around 512-515 ilvl, 10 ilvls under the normal mode gear.

The people complaining how easy SoO normal mode is are only like 3 ilvl under the SoO normal mode gear.
    But ToT normal was tuned for around 500 ilvl if not lower, which is lower than the heroic gear available in t14. The same goes for this tier as SoO is tuned to 522.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    All bosses sounded a lot more fun in videos and guides
    There's your problem. If you hadn't cheated, you'd have spent most of the night wiping on the first couple bosses. Next time, go in blind and I bet it won't feel too easy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tiporispit View Post
    There's your problem. If you hadn't cheated, you'd have spent most of the night wiping on the first couple bosses. Next time, go in blind and I bet it won't feel too easy.
    How is it cheating? Watching a vague ptr video gives you alot less info than spending hour of PTR testing. I'm fairly sure you don't go into raids having not done ANY research.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukazor View Post
    I'm sure it is easy for heroic raiders... On the other hand my guilds in roughly 530 ilvl, cleared ToT but we haven't ever tried any heroic stuff and we spent a night wiping on Norushen, hit the enrage timer at 18% twice. The first 2 bosses however died after 2-3 attempts so Norushen to me seems like an early gear check for your normal guild.
    Norushen felt more like a coordination check. Getting people to communicate when they enter or leave their test realms, getting people to target switch to the proper adds while appropriately splitting DPS, and having DPS avoid soaking unnecessary corruption. The lower the ilvl the tighter that coordination needs to be to get through it.

Wut? You outgeared the content and complain it's too easy? people like me who have normal mode gears find it decently tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by ItcheeBeard View Post
    How is it cheating? Watching a vague ptr video gives you alot less info than spending hour of PTR testing. I'm fairly sure you don't go into raids having not done ANY research.
    If you bought a guide on how to beat CoD4, no one would disagree that was cheating. What's the difference? They made content, someone else figured out the mechanics and how to defeat it, then you blow through 9 bosses and wonder why it was so easy. Grats?

Actually, we DID used to go into raids not having done ANY research... back when this game was actually good. It used to take weeks AFTER a patch release for useful strategies to start popping up on the internet. Now? When it goes live, everyone has exact details on how to "beat" the encounter.

ToT, people complained normal was too hard then now SoO, it's too easy. There will always be people complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    I can't help myself. We had our first evening in SOO, 4 hours raiding - and killed 9/13, only 1 wipe over the complete evening (on dark shamans) - and no, we're not hardcore. We didn't have PTR raids, we played really bad, made soooooooooo many mistakes - but ilvl 545 simply made you skip all mechanics.

In TOT, we needed 4 days to complete normal mode. In SOO, i get the feeling it won't be more than 2 days. That's ridicilous. All bosses sounded a lot more fun in videos and guides, so punishing - but in the end, it's way too easy. And i don't understand it, our twinkraid will go for 14/14 on friday and i feel they're gonna do it without problems.

Normal mode feels like what flex raiders should expect. Right now, there would have to be a huge gap. But i feel like normal mode farming will be very very boring because of ridicilous low tuning.

Your thoughts?
    Maybe you should word it differently. If you are heroic raider, 540+ gears, and still 9/14, then you need to go back to learn how to raid. You should be at least 13/14 now.

Posting here and complaining SoO Normal is too easy at your gears level is rather lame.

The whole SoO should have much smoother transition in term of difficulty level of bosses as you go further and further toward Garrosh. When you get to heroic raid NEXT WEEK, which I am not sure your guild will be able to since you are ONLY 9/14, then please update us the difficulty level of Heroic progression. I want to hear more how easy Heroic progression is. You have some sort of epeen disease that also spread to Normal raiders who complained LFR is too easy. LFR is not for Normal raiders, so these people also need to stop complaining how easy LFR is.

Inb4 everyone is stuck at 2/14 Heroic or something like that.

Immerseus kills are trailing behind where J'R kills were at the same point in the first week of T15.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

you killed the first half of the bosses, those are a lot easier than the last few, they correctly made the place progressively harder this time as you keep getting to the next boss, the bosses do keep getting harder, it was pretty noticeable. honestly though garrosh doesn't have a lot of mechanics but he's a big dps check and healer check.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Immerseus kills are trailing behind where J'R kills were at the same point in the first week of T15.
    So I'm curious.. what do you infer from that? I mean, Immerseus isn't exactly a hard boss if people are prepared for what goes on during the fight. So do you think that a bunch of guilds haven't bothered with Normal in favor of Flex?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    So I'm curious.. what do you infer from that? I mean, Immerseus isn't exactly a hard boss if people are prepared for what goes on during the fight. So do you think that a bunch of guilds haven't bothered with Normal in favor of Flex?
    Could be, I've done two guild flexis so far but otherwise we'd have been in siege normal for sure. As it is we'll probably go normal before reset, so it's probably worth checking at the end of the week.

(Flexi is awesome btw. Lovin it.)

Deleted
    This has obviously been said, but I will still comment...

1) Blizz have stated that the progression curve for SoO is not as steep as ToT.

2) You over gear normal mode by a LONG shot.

3) Link me your 14/14 heroic.

So you go in overgearing encounters and you wonder why it feels easy? What are you even talking about sir. You do realize heroic gear is pretty much a whole tier higher so you basically are going in at a gear level as if you had already been clearing it for months.

Please stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Kontempt View Post
    3) Link me your 14/14 heroic.
    While I agree with your points; can you please not say this when it is currently not even possible, It's just weird lol.

As Blizz has stated, if it is that easy for you HC is where you should be. So working as intended
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    Two things: that J'R was fairly easy, and that a substantial number of guilds gave up on normal mode raiding in ToT and have not yet tried it in SoO.

SoO does appear to become comparatively easier after J'R: kills for the second boss are leading Horridon.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Paragons, if that one doesn't give you trouble for a least an hour or two, I give you a lot of props, with like 30 different abilities, it's kind of a pain to learn them all on paper. Some of the fights are VERY easy though, my guild thought we were doing Immerseus on LFR lol. On iron jug, we had 2 dps die pretty early into the fight on the first attempt and still one shot it. The real challenge is next week with the heroics though, good times ahead.

Yeah maybe if you are all 540+..

take my guild for example, we just started and I am highest at 530 and we struggled on immersius (due to healers) but the raid feels very tuned for us because we arent all straight out of ToT hardmodes..