Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    ??? Goku used SSJ3 right from the start against Fat Buu and Naruto comes back from training to face Pain and he's already in Sage Mode...what are you talking about ???
    After a little research, I found that you're actually right, and I chose my words poorly (based on memory), so forgive me for that. Yet the overall idea still remains: A lot (and I do mean a lot) of shounen do asspulls out of nothing based on training or "interior strenghts" to justify the MC winning the battle, which is a shame.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victoria View Post
    I don't want to sound hater towards One Piece - Its one of the few Shounen that I can actually read/watch, but...

Am I the only one that doesn't enjoy "One Piece Shippuden" as much as the classic one? Classic used to be much more interesting, and Luffy (and his team) wasn't as strong as it is now. I mean, I like the idea of "I trained for some time, now I'm stronger (almost every shounen does that)" but I found One Piece "Shippuden" to be a lot weaker in its plot, villains and battles than the classic one.

No hate for it, I just think it isn't as good as the older chapters.
    I could agree that I liked it more before the time skip though I still find it to be pretty great. It seems like the over all plot has slowed down a lot since aces death which I dislike a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    This is true. These arcs are taking forever. We've only visited like 5 places in the past....8 years. Literally. Fishman Island, Punk Hazard, Dressrosa, Wanou, and Big Mom's islands.

God that's depressing.
    Has it really been 8years? Jesus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would he use it from the start if he didn't need to? At this point it's a risky ability that would only need to be used when needed. If he used it earlier on he probably would have lost. Considering the risk of the ability, if he was confident there was a chance he'd be able to beat him without it, there would be no reason to use it.

I also disagree about the risk to the characters, there's been tons of times where they were at risk. They're even at risk right now. Don't forget there's been tons of times where a lot of them have almost died, and Oda himself said that one of them probably will die by the end of the series.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2018-01-18 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victoria View Post
    I think Gear 4th is an "asspull" because he doesn't use it from the start. This is common in animes - Dragon Ball used that with SSJ3, Naruto used that with Sage Mode, etc. They usually wait to use these skills to make some drama, but it just ends up being annoying as fuck, at least for me. Here's this incredibly powerful enemy that you've been waiting to fight - instead of fighting with all you have from the start, just let him beat you up a lot until you miraculously remember that you have a new skill - this is what I mean by "asspull", and most shounens do that.
    yes, because these forms are supposed to dramatize using full power. An example is say some can curl 80lbs. An they go to lift a 20lb dumbell. You don't come at it with everything you have or you'll just exhaust yourself. So you ease into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    U6 easily has the best charcters introduce in SUper, aside from Beerus and BLack
    jajaja

a fucking week break for a 16 pg chapter which literally nothing fucking happened

my god this is dragging.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    a fucking week break for a 16 pg chapter which literally nothing fucking happened

my god this is dragging.
    Yeah... I've often stood up for One Piece, when my friends rag on it... But chapters like this and this week's BnH are pretty fucking hard to defend.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post

my god this is dragging.
    lmao try reading berserk lad

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    I did years ago and I stopped lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Or Hunter x Hunter

10+ Year Old Account
    It's cool to see how Dogtooth is an honorable opponent. I'm interested to see how this will all end and how everyone will escape to Wano.

Quote Originally Posted by Fooliecoolie View Post
    Or Hunter x Hunter
    When it's off hiatus, Hunter x Hunter is at least published every week where a decent amount of stuff can happen. I love Berserk but following it on a publicized basis isn't for everybody, there's a ton of chapters where not a lot happens but the pages are heavily detailed.

Feels like bad writing to me. Dogtooth existed as the strongest for Big Mom for years, never showed himself sitting down, and never showed his face, and he suddenly does it for no reason?

I can understand liking fighting Luffy and wanting a fair fight, but the way it's portrayed and the way he does it is WAYYYYYY too White Knight.

oh my god this chapter was terrible... AGAIN

Flambe comes out of no where and intervenes and then dogtooth for some reason becomes honorable and reveals his face?

Nothing is happening come the fuck on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting a new gear 4th form next chapter.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

10+ Year Old Account
    So I am guessing unlike the other Gear 4th form where he bite and blew into his arm to inflate his muscles, this will be the opposite. He will suck the air out of himself, making his body thinner and then use a combination of Gomu Gomu no Mi and observation haki to greatly increase his elasticity and ability to dodge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Snakeman probably has more to do with heightened senses more than anything else, it'd make sense because this fight is pretty much all about sensing things.

This was a pretty good chapter, I wish they'd show more time with the fight though, all of the separate stories are dragging on for too long; it's like these chapters were specifically made to be dragged on in the anime. As a side note, the final page was kind of interesting, I think the interaction was more Dogtooth accepting that he'll be defeated instead of just taunting Luffy.

The cover side stories are getting pretty interesting, I'm sure they'll show the Reverie once it happens (maybe it'll happen between the this arc and Wano?) but it's pretty big that members of Luffy's fleet are serving as bodyguards for Dressrosa.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2018-02-08 at 06:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great chapter, the fight is reaching it's conclusion and Gear 4th gets a new form; Snake Man, which probably is a boost to his evasion and accuracy. Allowing him to survive Dogtooth and bring his ass down.

Fingers crossed we'll get a real epic ending to the fight next week.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if Luffy took inspiration for "Snake Man" from his fighting with Boa Sandersonia?

There was literally no plot progression. But there is no chapter next week....

15+ Year Old Account
    This will be a brutal fight when it gets animated.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fight continues to be absolute savagery, Snakeman is a very interesting form probably my favourite form of Gear 4th, but the chapter still felt a little flat. ESPECIALLY when you consider that we're not getting one next week...