10+ Year Old Account
    This chapter was even more exciting than the last (it also helps that it was easier to follow).

This chapter convinces me even more than the last battles in/before Raftel won't be with Blackbeard, but with one of the other Supernova crews.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

I forgot today was OP day.

I guess the switching thing was...acceptable. It was still super clickbaity by Oda...

I really don't like that Jinbei stayed back to help the fishmen. I'm sick of the crew getting split up. I mean, recently time has been a big deal, so I get that it takes time to travel, so they don't have to always be together, but c'mon...

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    This chapter convinces me even more than the last battles in/before Raftel won't be with Blackbeard, but with one of the other Supernova crews.
    Blackbeard is not a Supernova but he's still part of the worst generation. Blackbeard's crew is too much like Luffy's to not be the final battle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a bad chapter, but a little slow.

SanjiXPudding was nice, BruleeXKatakuri was quite interesting. The final scene with Sanji's "Real" dad was good.

Now, bring on Wano ffs!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Arc ends, Strawhats escape, a couple of sweet scenes with Sanji and Pudding and Brulee and Katakuri. Big Mom manages to get in front of the Germa and Jinbei and his crew and use her Live or Death ability. Dammit I was hoping they'd make it

Yes the pace of One Piece is torturously slow with no end in sight. But Oda still manages to deliver a good story so many years later.
    I didn't even notice until I read your post. What's that ability again?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They have to answer to her or they die. The way she asked it they don't even have options. Though it should not actually work since it only works if you are afraid of Big Mom and at least Jinbei and the Germa kids shouldn't be.
    I know wiki's aren't the best, but I see no mention of a power like this.

She can take souls but it says only if she touches them. Nothing to do with a question.

Big Mom has acquired the powers of the Soru Soru no Mi after the death of its previous owner, Carmel,[45] a Paramecia-type Devil Fruit that allows her to manifest the soul of whomever she touches into an ethereal substance. She can grab hold of this substance and extract it from the victim, taking away their lifespan by an amount of her choice and absorbing it into herself. If taken at a sufficient number, it will kill the victim.[46] However, this ability has no effect on anyone who does not fear her as Big Mom was unable to take away Jinbe's lifespan because he showed no fear towards her.[47]
    She can put harvested souls into non-living things in order to give them life or into animals in order to give them human abilities. Those creatures are named Homies. This makes her power similar to the Kage Kage no Mi. However, unlike the user of the Kage Kage no Mi, she cannot put souls into dead corpses or the body of another human. She can also create incarnations of her own soul that will complete the task of collecting souls.[48]

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    When she used Soul Pocus on the cooks on 863 (Wedding Cake or Life!) she didn't touch anyone yet their souls came out anyway. Yes they did not instantly die and yes she had to grab their souls to pull them out but so far the moment someone's soul answers her call, the target is stunned so unless someone intervenes she can snatch their souls easily. Neither does she touch Jinbei when she commands Life or Stay!
    With a command like Life or Death, it means they either choose to let her take their lives or they have to die for her. Of course it should not work for the Germa kids since they do not feel fear. I am not sure about Jinbei though since though he won't feel fear for himself, he might fear for Aladdin and his crew.
    Maybe she only had to touch them at one point? Either way it's not described as a choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doubt it, Reverie will come first imo.
    Yeah, IIRC Wano starts in July.

but as it's only a minor arc, I'm not counting Reverie, so... Onwards, to the next (major) arc, Wano!

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reverie
    minor arc
    The arc with the main series villains who has had a grand total of like, 20 panels throughout the entirety of the series, which will also set the end game in motion, will for sure be minor.

???

Regardless of how long the arc will be, the Reverie will be more impactful and a major arc in regards to story than Wano will be.

Don't get me wrong, Wano will be cool as fuck and it'll be amazing to finally see the land, and even potentially Vegapunk. Reverie will be more important for the overall story though, especially since I doubt that a major character like Kaidou will be taken down, even with the alliances against him.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2018-04-21 at 02:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    But it will also be an arc without any of the main cast involved. I have a feeling it will be like the Shanks and Whitebeard meeting or the Ace/Blackbeard fight. Both were very important to the overall story but both were also very short.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean even that example pales in comparison to the possible context of this arc.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's also the fact that we'll probably be made aware of the status of the revolutionaries since their base was found and destroyed by Blackbeard.

It'll be a gigantic arc in regards to story progression for the series, you guys are definitely underestimating the potential of it, especially since the some of the members part of the Reverie are part of Luffy's fleet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Regardless of how long the arc will be, the Reverie will be more impactful and a major arc in regards to story than Wano will be.
    I meant in terms of duration, not content, should have clarified.

I probably should have said "Short arc" or "Mini Arc" instead of "Minor Arc", which for future reference, is not to be confused with a "Filler Arc".

Reverie in story purposes is going to be pretty freakin major, but we know that Wano kicks off in early July. So, assuming that Oda will more than likely take at LEAST 3 breaks, we're looking at maybe a 5/6 chapter "arc" for Reverie.

I'm just glad we're done with Big Mama. It was getting annoying. I want to see some Zoro cutting action already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where are you getting the idea that Wano will begin in July? I haven't heard anything about that, can you link a source?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wano is for sure coming this year, Oda himself confirmed it. I'm just reluctant to believe the July confirmation thing because the only time I heard that month were just from rumors about how long the Big Mom arc would last until.

I liked the pudding and sanji thing. Wasn't expecting her to erase his memories. I always knew Jinbei was never going to actually be a part of the crew and he's either gonna die or big mom gonna use him to lure out luffy and he'll die then.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    inb4 oda saying "somebody in the crew will die" years ago meant jinbei dying an hour after joining

Oda said so in an interview I think but he said the same thing a year ago for that year. We will probably have Wano in 2018 though
    Heck Kaido wants to start a war. Maybe he is NOT in Wano but is preparing to attack the Reverie instead.
    Am I the only one who acknowledges that Wano/Reverie may not be separate events? How do we know this isn't the "first time" Wano is opening their gates for Reverie (assuming just the aristocracy), with it ending up ultimately being a giant trap set by Kaidou to knock out the world government? Has Oda officially said where Reverie was to be held at yet?

- - - Updated - - -

inb4 oda saying "somebody in the crew will die" years ago meant jinbei dying an hour after joining
    I've said since the beginning that I couldn't accept the idea that Jinbei confronted Big Mom and didn't spin that wheel presented to him and just lied about it to Luffy. IE - that I've secretly believed he's probably lost most of his life on the wheel and knows his time is almost up. We never saw how that whole scene played out, only took Jinbei's word for it. Do you really think that scene ended with Jinbei saying "Oh snaps! OK, guess I'm sticking with you lot so I don't have to spin that wheel - nevermind all the shit I just said about leaving you to join the small rival gang.We good brah?" with big mom being "KK, we all cool then, right? GG brah"? ;P

The only caveat I can see from this is if Jinbei dies, Luffy is NOT going to accept that and would go right back to Big Mom - no questions asked - to beat the piss out of her, and this arc seems pretty much kinda done at this point. Assuming that's not Oda's intent to missdirect us on the subject... of course. :P
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2018-04-22 at 01:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Luffy is an Emperor now?