10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I guess at the end Law was alive and was talking to Luffy.
    Yeah but who knows maybe it's forshadowing for a certain important character death in the future in the series or something.

I still don't know how will Luffy be able to defeat Doflamingo 1 vs 1 to be honest he is still below his level. I will be super pissed off if it's some kind of power up anger BS but then again One Piece anime is a shonen so I will not be surprised if it happened but yeah I will be disappointed about it to be honest.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Luffy has been able to take down quite a few of enemies that might have been technically stronger due to simply being more tenacious. He is also seldom as pissed as a dead comrade will make him. Through out the series he's always been more dangerous when impassioned because of a comrade in need. So I expect the next few chapters to be highly interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    Luffy has been able to take down quite a few of enemies that might have been technically stronger due to simply being more tenacious. He is also seldom as pissed as a dead comrade will make him. Through out the series he's always been more dangerous when impassioned because of a comrade in need. So I expect the next few chapters to be highly interesting.
    Indeed you are right but we are talking about Doflamingo here which I see him almost as Admiral level. I don't think will power and anger alone is enough to take him down to be honest.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    As I see it, looking at how the first major arcs of One Piece have been (Pre-Grandline -> Grandline) Luffy and crew will pretty much already be at that level. It will be down to finesse/tenacity/team work/pure will and help from others more than pure power. Which it pretty much always has been in every fight Luffy has been in against major enemies.

As a pure example look at how easily Zoro took down Pika, who was described as the strongest of the underlings. He had troubles with getting to him, not fighting him.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I see it, looking at how the first major arcs of One Piece have been (Pre-Grandline -> Grandline) Luffy and crew will pretty much already be at that level. It will be down to finesse/tenacity/team work/pure will and help from others more than pure power. Which it pretty much always has been in every fight Luffy has been in against major enemies.

As a pure example look at how easily Zoro took down Pika, who was described as the strongest of the underlings. He had troubles with getting to him, not fighting him.
    Except that "getting to him" part is exactly what made Pika so strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    I still don't know how will Luffy be able to defeat Doflamingo 1 vs 1 to be honest he is still below his level. I will be super pissed off if it's some kind of power up anger BS but then again One Piece anime is a shonen so I will not be surprised if it happened but yeah I will be disappointed about it to be honest.
    Arguably Luffy could have lasted a bit against Admiral/Shibukakai level opponents pre time skip. He wouldn't have won, but he wouldn't instantly die. Post time skip he has Haki and trained so he should be around their level somewhat.

Realistically there's no more power ups for Luffy. Haki, Gear 2, Gear 3. He's as good as he's gonna get. If he can't take down Admirals and Shibukukai and Yonkou now, then he'd never be the pirate king.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Except that "getting to him" part is exactly what made Pika so strong.
    Pika wasn't even that strong. I think we all agree that Sabo, Luffy, Law, DD, or Admiral could have handled him too. But even among the coliseum fighters, maybe King's Punch or the giant or split the continent guys could have gotten shit done if they banded together against him and weren't tired.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pika wasn't even that strong. I think we all agree that Sabo, Luffy, Law, DD, or Admiral could have handled him too. But even among the coliseum fighters, maybe King's Punch or the giant or split the continent guys could have gotten shit done if they banded together against him and weren't tired.
    Sure, I was just pointing out that saying that Zoro took down Pika easily because he only had trouble getting to him isn't really true because that is exactly what Pika's strength is, being able to take over and control a whole island while keeping himself out of harms way. Also, like many match ups in OP, it isn't just a matter of strength. While Fujitora would have been able to deal with Pika with relative ease, someone like Aokiji would have had a much harder time with him. His ice just doesn't have the raw destructive power needed. Sabo would only been able to beat him because of his crazy strong Haki from having trained under Dragon as his newly acquired mera mera no mi would also be pretty useless against Pika. Zoro was a good match for Pika since he can cut anything with his swords and has only gotten better at destroying large objects after training with Hawkeyes.

10+ Year Old Account

That maybe true but there are enemies that Luffy can't possibly win against like Akainu, Whitebeard, Aokiji, Kizaru, and many more with his current condition. I am not saying it is impossible for Luffy to defeat Doflamingo I just don't see it possible as a 1 vs 1 tbh the guy tanked red hawk like nothing and have waaaaay more experience than Luffy. Manage to laugh and stopped Jozu the diamond like nothing and played with two vice admirals made them fight each other with his spring devil fruit ability so easliy. He was among the few people who got out from marine ford war without even a scratch (same goes with Mihawk).

- - - Updated - - -

Arguably Luffy could have lasted a bit against Admiral/Shibukakai level opponents pre time skip. He wouldn't have won, but he wouldn't instantly die. Post time skip he has Haki and trained so he should be around their level somewhat.

Realistically there's no more power ups for Luffy. Haki, Gear 2, Gear 3. He's as good as he's gonna get. If he can't take down Admirals and Shibukukai and Yonkou now, then he'd never be the pirate king.

I disagree about Luffy not dying instantly pre time skip against admirals yes he will easily. To be honest the only reason he didn't die in Marineford against the admirals because he was lucky and got backup from many mighty warriors.

Example will be his fight with Aokiji during water 7 arc if Aokiji went 100% serious when he was fighting Luffy then yeah Luffy will die instantly he will just freeze him thats it game over. But as I said the only reason he didn't die during that time because of plot armor + being lucky.

10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree about Luffy not dying instantly pre time skip against admirals yes he will easily. To be honest the only reason he didn't die in Marineford against the admirals because he was lucky and got backup from many mighty warriors.

Example will be his fight with Aokiji during water 7 arc if Aokiji went 100% serious when he was fighting Luffy then yeah Luffy will die instantly he will just freeze him thats it game over. But as I said the only reason he didn't die during that time because of plot armor + being lucky.
    Something to think about, pre time skip Luffy faced all three Admirals. Aokiji nearly killed him and he wasn't even fighting all that seriously. Aokiji really didn't want to kill Luffy and he even respected him in some ways. He only fought because he felt it was his duty to do so. Kuzan was stopped by Rayleigh who is probably one of the strongest characters in the series thus far. And Sakazuki was stopped by Jimbe, giving enough time for Luffy to pulled off the battlefield when Shanks and crew showed up to put an end to the war. He has yet to face a single one in an all out fight.

Also, it's most likely that the Yonko are stronger then any Admiral. If they were not, why would the Marines let them continue to operate? The strengths of the Shibukakai are all over the place with people like Crocodile and Moria on the lower end and Hawkeyes and Doflamingo on the upper end so you really cannot lump them all in to one category. Doflamingo also likely never really revealed his full strength to the WG anyways.

I have no idea what is going to happen with this fight, but I kind of doubt Luffy can beat Doflamingo out right. Someone or something will likely interfere. I also don't think this will be the end of Doflamingo. He is to great a character to deal with at this point. He will probably be forced to retreat but he will be back, especially considering how much Oda likes to reuse characters.

Also, it's most likely that the Yonko are stronger then any Admiral. If they were not, why would the Marines let them continue to operate? The strengths of the Shibukakai are all over the place with people like Crocodile and Moria on the lower end and Hawkeyes and Doflamingo on the upper end so you really cannot lump them all in to one category. Doflamingo also likely never really revealed his full strength to the WG anyways.

I have no idea what is going to happen with this fight, but I kind of doubt Luffy can beat Doflamingo out right. Someone or something will likely interfere. I also don't think this will be the end of Doflamingo. He is to great a character to deal with at this point. He will probably be forced to retreat but he will be back, especially considering how much Oda likes to reuse characters.
    The Yonkou are definitely more powerful than any Admiral. Both Whitebeard and Shanks showed this when they both stopped Sakazuki in his tracks during the Marineford War. As for Doflamingo, I think Luffy has to make a strong showing against him considering Kaido is, almost certainly, the next villain. Kaido should be the fight that Luffy struggles with, not DD. I think DD and Luffy will be on fairly even footing until Luffy pulls something out that gives him an absolute advantage, whether that's Gear Fourth, more powerful Conqueror's Haki, or perhaps something else.

Personally, I'm guessing the D. is going to play an important role in this fight, especially considering the revelation that Law is one, the revelation that DD is a disgraced Celestial Dragon, and that the D.'s are diametrically opposed to the Celestial Dragons. As for DD surviving to fight another day, it's possible, but there's really only two ways. Either he'll relent and join Luffy as an ally, or he'll run back to the World Government for protection. Somehow, though, I feel DD may be the first person Luffy kills. It's a long shot, but DD has seriously pissed off Luffy, and the D.'s may, instinctively, feel the urge to wipe out the Celestial Dragons.

We should know soon as Dressrosa will definitely finish by chapter 800. It's going to be an epic final 20 chapters!
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget that Nami, Sanji, Chopper and Brook are still on the ship running from Big mom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Don't forget that Nami, Sanji, Chopper and Brook are still on the ship running from Big mom.
    Yeah, Big Mom's crew showed up in this arc for a reason. It could have just been an easy way to separate off some of the crew to focus on those still on the island, but I think Big Mom is going to play a role in the conclusion of this arc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Something to think about, pre time skip Luffy faced all three Admirals. Aokiji nearly killed him and he wasn't even fighting all that seriously. Aokiji really didn't want to kill Luffy and he even respected him in some ways. He only fought because he felt it was his duty to do so. Kizaru was stopped by Rayleigh who is probably one of the strongest characters in the series thus far. And Sakazuki was stopped by Jimbe, giving enough time for Luffy to pulled off the battlefield when Shanks and crew showed up to put an end to the war. He has yet to face a single one in an all out fight.

Who knows maybe Doflamingo will form an alliance with the strawhat pirate similar to Whitebeard alliance pirates because all of these whitebeards alliance ships used to be his enemy before joining him. So maybe this will happen but yeah an alliance with Doflamingo the Strawhat will be so overpowered haha.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AbalDarkwind View Post
    The Yonkou are definitely more powerful than any Admiral. Both Whitebeard and Shanks showed this when they both stopped Sakazuki in his tracks during the Marineford War. As for Doflamingo, I think Luffy has to make a strong showing against him considering Kaido is, almost certainly, the next villain. Kaido should be the fight that Luffy struggles with, not DD. I think DD and Luffy will be on fairly even footing until Luffy pulls something out that gives him an absolute advantage, whether that's Gear Fourth, more powerful Conqueror's Haki, or perhaps something else.

Personally, I'm guessing the D. is going to play an important role in this fight, especially considering the revelation that Law is one, the revelation that DD is a disgraced Celestial Dragon, and that the D.'s are diametrically opposed to the Celestial Dragons. As for DD surviving to fight another day, it's possible, but there's really only two ways. Either he'll relent and join Luffy as an ally, or he'll run back to the World Government for protection. Somehow, though, I feel DD may be the first person Luffy kills. It's a long shot, but DD has seriously pissed off Luffy, and the D.'s may, instinctively, feel the urge to wipe out the Celestial Dragons.

We should know soon as Dressrosa will definitely finish by chapter 800. It's going to be an epic final 20 chapters!

I think you are underestimating Doflamingo he is not Luffy level he is still beyond Luffy level to be honest and even have more experience of haki more than Luffy including Conqueror haki. I mean Luffy struggled slightly with Caesar and got defeated by him once and Caesar is like nothing compare to Doflamingo.

True, but I'm not so sure she'll be a villain. "Big Mom" is a strange title for someone who's outright villainous, and Jinbe is her ally which has to account for something. I'd guess Luffy and Big Mom will have a confrontation, but something will diffuse it before it comes to blows. There's speculation, for instance, that Big Mom is actually Lola's mom, from Thriller Bark. If true, it's possible Big Mom will feel obligated to help the Straw Hats.

I think you are underestimating Doflamingo he is not Luffy level he is still beyond Luffy level to be honest and even have more experience of haki more than Luffy including Conqueror haki. I mean Luffy struggled slightly with Caesar and got defeated by him once and Caesar is like nothing compare to Doflamingo.
    Luffy struggled with Ceasar because of the nature of Ceasar's powers. When Luffy had Ceasar cornered, he one-hit KOed him. I'm not saying that DD is going to go down like a chump, but it'd be kind of silly if Zoro could one-hit KO his most powerful lieutenant and then Luffy had to struggle against DD. DD's already landed a Hardened blow on Luffy, and, despite knocking him out of the palace and off the plateau, Luffy didn't even seem phased.

Let's not forget that Luffy was trained by Silvers Rayleigh for two years. I very much doubt Oda would ignore that just to make DD a significantly more dangerous threat. It's also been something of a theme in Dressrosa for the Executives to go down quickly once their fights actually start. I simply can't see DD being any more dangerous than Luffy, especially since he's likely to fall in ten chapters or less.
    Last edited by AbalDarkwind; 2015-03-21 at 10:54 PM.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

Those guys are dead. Thousand Sunny is 10,000 leagues under the sea. Luffy is gonna have to chill with Rebeccah until Franky orders parts for a new ship.

Don't forget that DD is also in top condition right now compared to Luffy, who had to fight his way to the top and had a few beatings here and there.

But, it is possible that Law knows DD his weakness (D possible, maybe a weakness to his power) and that he was "telling him" in the final page, like a mini flash back. But Luffy is too angry right now to remember it.

Either way, how it is going now is that Luffy will need his speed, especially 1v2. In terms of raw power he won't be able to win vs DD, who can just make Luffy into his puppet with his string.
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AbalDarkwind View Post
    True, but I'm not so sure she'll be a villain. "Big Mom" is a strange title for someone who's outright villainous, and Jinbe is her ally which has to account for something. I'd guess Luffy and Big Mom will have a confrontation, but something will diffuse it before it comes to blows. There's speculation, for instance, that Big Mom is actually Lola's mom, from Thriller Bark. If true, it's possible Big Mom will feel obligated to help the Straw Hats.

Luffy struggled with Ceasar because of the nature of Ceasar's powers. When Luffy had Ceasar cornered, he one-hit KOed him. I'm not saying that DD is going to go down like a chump, but it'd be kind of silly if Zoro could one-hit KO his most powerful lieutenant and then Luffy had to struggle against DD. DD's already landed a Hardened blow on Luffy, and, despite knocking him out of the palace and off the plateau, Luffy didn't even seem phased.

Let's not forget that Luffy was trained by Silvers Rayleigh for two years. I very much doubt Oda would ignore that just to make DD a significantly more dangerous threat. It's also been something of a theme in Dressrosa for the Executives to go down quickly once their fights actually start. I simply can't see DD being any more dangerous than Luffy, especially since he's likely to fall in ten chapters or less.

Sorry but I don't mean to be rude or aggressive but you are totally wrong he didn't one shot Caesar in fact his second fight he gave Luffy a pretty good fight he only one shot him during his third fight and only when he used his Grizzle Magnum....again you overestimate Luffy too much to the point you ignore some major details. Just because Zoro could easily defeat Pica without struggling doesn't mean Luffy will do the same I mean with your logic that means Luffy should have easily defeated Lucci without much trouble because Zoro defeated Kaku without too much trouble compare to Luffy fight with Lucci which in that fight Luffy almost died.

Luffy didn't phase? when he got punched by Doflamingo armanent haki? he lost conscious for few seconds I don't call that not phased. Here I will show you the clip:

I agree. If DD can summon a string spiderweb and not even embed Haki in it and it beats Luffy's elephant gattle, lol Luffy is definitely losing power vs. power.

I think Sabo will show up and beat Trebol. I hope not, but to be honest Trebol doesn't even seem like a threat soooo maybe Luffy can do a quick KO.

And meh. "DD is in top condition." He's actively moving birdcage and he was using Parasito on everyone and he had a string clone that was helping Law and Luffy and he just fought Law and like 30 mins ago he dealt with Kyros and everyone invading his throne room and like an hour ago he was running around Greenbit fighting the admiral (kind of) and Law and then he fought Sanji and then he fought Law again.

He did quite a lot too. It's not like he was sitting there waiting casually for Luffy the whole time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree. If DD can summon a string spiderweb and not even embed Haki in it and it beats Luffy's elephant gattle, lol Luffy is definitely losing power vs. power.

I think Sabo will show up and beat Trebol. I hope not, but to be honest Trebol doesn't even seem like a threat soooo maybe Luffy can do a quick KO.

And meh. "DD is in top condition." He's actively moving birdcage and he was using Parasito on everyone and he had a string clone that was helping Law and Luffy and he just fought Law and like 30 mins ago he dealt with Kyros and everyone invading his throne room and like an hour ago he was running around Greenbit fighting the admiral (kind of) and Law and then he fought Sanji and then he fought Law again.

He did quite a lot too. It's not like he was sitting there waiting casually for Luffy the whole time.

Exactly and he even tanked red hawk as if it's nothing at all.

10+ Year Old Account

When it showed the Bird Cage shrinking I had this odd thought that I am starting to think could be likely. What if Doflamingo only has a certain amount of string before he has to recharge? Maybe he has to pull back on the size of the cage because he is running out. That could lead to this fight ending in a draw with Doflamingo eventually having to retreat but still not actually being beaten by Luffy.

I just can't really think of a good reason why he would want to shrink the cage at this point. With all of his allies defeated, it would only serve to push his enemies towards him.