Page 93 of 135 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Ok... what a chapter. So what does this have to do with her only take damage after seeing that picture. Is it a psychological thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Psychohamster View Post
    Ok... what a chapter. So what does this have to do with her only take damage after seeing that picture. Is it a psychological thing?
    She has abandonment issues. Big Mom's real parents abandoned her, and she can't bare the thought of losing Mother Caramel again like she did on her most joyous day.

Not gonna lie, seems like a weak reason for her to be helpless. It's not like Big Mom even saw Mother Caramel protect her or do anything extra special or courageous...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    She has abandonment issues. Big Mom's real parents abandoned her, and she can't bare the thought of losing Mother Caramel again like she did on her most joyous day.

Not gonna lie, seems like a weak reason for her to be helpless. It's not like Big Mom even saw Mother Caramel protect her or do anything extra special or courageous...
    I wonder if it is because she knows she actually ate Mother Caramel and her friends. Seeing the picture reminds her of both the best (Caramel and all the kids throwing Big Mom a birthday tea party) and worst (she then kills the only family she had) day of her life. Just seeing her photo reminds her of the former while even the slightest damage to the photo reminds her of the later.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I have to say though, I am amazed that a bunch of orphans could actually make a croquembouche. Those are some hardcore pastry chef orphans
    Lol, that is an interesting point. Sweatshop child workers, literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    I wonder if it is because she knows she actually ate Mother Caramel and her friends. Seeing the picture reminds her of both the best (Caramel and all the kids throwing Big Mom a birthday tea party) and worst (she then kills the only family she had) day of her life. Just seeing her photo reminds her of the former while even the slightest damage to the photo reminds her of the later.
    Nah, it's been shown that Big Mom is completely ignorant when she goes on her rampages. I'm pretty sure she never even realized why the orphanage even had to leave giant island.

Well...as expected no one died or even got hurt. Big Mom is a beast though.

I don't see how they're getting out of the castle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well...as expected no one died or even got hurt. Big Mom is a beast though.

I don't see how they're getting out of the castle.
    Yeah. Yonkou is a Yonkou. All of the supernova characters have been underestimating them by such a large margin.

Not only that, but I am so surprised that the way these guys failed the plan was because of Big Mom's Conqueror's Haki. It's insane. We pretty much thought the plan would fail because of a fuckup with one of the characters, or Katakuri ruining the plans. BUT NOPE. Her CH was what killed it.

I love this arc. Way Way better than Dressrosa and way better than Zou. Can't wait for next week and see what the Germa 66 is going to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dressrosa was good but there were too many points where it just unnecessarily dragged on. The match ups were pretty shitty too, I hated Doflamingo's crew. I did like how they started to build up CP0 though. I think this arc is way more interesting and Big Mom's family has way more interesting characters to match up against the main characters as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    \these guys failed the plan was because of Big Mom's Conqueror's Haki.
    It wasn't because of her Haki, her scream was literally just so loud that the missiles broke. Which is fucking ridiculous considering what they're made of.

I don't agree that this arc is substantially better. It's pretty good, but the Sanji's family stuff sucked/sucks. Also the Pudding stuff is ehhh.

10+ Year Old Account
    It wasn't because of her Haki, her scream was literally just so loud that the missiles broke. Which is fucking ridiculous considering what they're made of.

I don't agree that this arc is substantially better. It's pretty good, but the Sanji's family stuff sucked/sucks. Also the Pudding stuff is ehhh.
    It's her CH. Not sure what you're getting at.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    It's her CH. Not sure what you're getting at.
    What makes you think that? When has Conquerer's Haki physically destroyed anything?

What makes you think that? When has Conquerer's Haki physically destroyed anything?
    Shanks' CH damaged Whitebeard's ship when he entered it a while back. And that was while Shanks was in clear control so probably not even near his maximum output. Plus didn't Bege say this was her CH?

Ill re-read the Shanks and Whitebeard part, but Bege said that her Haki was the initial reaction of her getting mad. The plan failed because she regained her senses because she got angry, and so she screamed while in control. That's not Haki.

I went back and looked at the scene and Shanks' Haki actually did crack Whitebeard's ship. Like, some of the wood got cracks in it. So I guess Haki can affect physical stuff.

However, he was using his Haki in full strength. He wasn't suppressing it, like someone else said.

Also, I don't think his Haki usage is enough to make him a beast compared to the other Yonkou. (To be honest, Blackbeard didn't seem that strong to me since Luffy could fight him, although he was Ace level...And Ace was Jinbei level...But Blackbeard gave Shanks a scar from a super long time ago when Shanks had two arms AND before Blackbeard had two devil fruits so...Yeah the Yonkou are beyond human but Shanks is meh.)

There's no way his Haki is somehow so phenomenal that it compensates to make him as monstrous as Big Mom screaming to destroy CC's super science missiles, or Kaidou's ridiculous body, or Blackbeard's devil fruit trick. I think he's strong, but he hasn't been shown to be as innately talented as the other Yonkou.

Which is okay, but it's just lol that I'd put him on par with Mihawk. Which is like...Mihawk could be a Yonkou, but what being a Yonkou is about is having a crew to conquer, I guess.

Even if Blackbeard didn't master his fruit (even though he used it to beat Ace), Blackbeard did physically fight Shanks and scar him in the face. So he should be super super super super strong.

Why is One Piece on break against next week?

Why is One Piece on break against next week?
    Because Oda needs to rest ?

10+ Year Old Account
    -being surprised about one piece going on break in 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

10+ Year Old Account
    All hail Bege... The Komamura of One Piece!

Turns into a giant castle, then almost immediately gets knocked the FUCK out, because any damage sustained by the castle is re-directed to him, and there's a freakin Yonko outside wailing on it.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Hey,did you guys know it was pronounced Germa Double Six? I mentally pronounced it as Germa Sixty Six.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey,did you guys know it was pronounced Germa Double Six? I mentally pronounced it as Germa Sixty Six.
    I've been thinking of them as Germa Six Six