Page 1 of 135
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Manga] One Piece (Spoilers)

This thread is for discussion of recent One Piece manga chapters, and will not have spoiler tags on released chapters. For discussion of the One Piece anime, see [Anime] One Piece

I really enjoyed the two most recent chapters. I thought Bartolomeo was hilarious as a Luffy fanboy. I expect Barto's and Chinjao's crew/army will help the Strawhats, Law and the others against Donflamingo and the Admiral.

I think Cavendish is going to win Block D, with Rebecca as the last to go down.

I suspect that as a human, Toy Soldier was either Kyros the forgotten gladiator, or Rebecca's father.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I think the Toy Soldier is Rebecca's father, it makes sense... I'm also wondering whether one of these things might happen, either the Toy Soldier will join Luffy's crew or Rebecca might join the crew, if she wins the tournament and gets Ace's fruit. They just got a whole chapter of back story and they've done a lot of extra character development for both of them. Just a thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rebecca might join with the mera mera no mi and if not she'll just run Dressrosa as the rightful heiress when it's all said and done. I am fuckin lovin the set up of the Strawhat Alliance. For the Kaido battle it will be Kaido's army VS Strawhats, Heart pirates, Barto club and the Happo navy so far.

Cavendish will win for sure. There's just too much built around his character.

Then again, him going last might be to surprise us so that he loses.

I wonder who will be picked up as a crewmate this arc? This arc is huge enough that one should join, Luffy is about to change a whole country. Well, idk if its different since there are pirate alliances now. Jinbei isn't joining till Luffy bears Big Mom. I don't think Samurai would join. Maybe. Isk. Rebecca is too weak lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I wonder who will be picked up as a crewmate this arc? This arc is huge enough that one should join, Luffy is about to change a whole country. Well, idk if its different since there are pirate alliances now. Jinbei isn't joining till Luffy bears Big Mom. I don't think Samurai would join. Maybe. Isk. Rebecca is too weak lol.
    If whoever ends up eating the Mera Mera Fruit is a good guy, I think they will join. I don't think Kin'emon will join, just because the Strawhats already have two swordsmen. I think Jinbei will join before Luffy faces Big Mom (but not in this arc). I expect Jinbei to join once the next set of wanted posters go out, just so Luffy has the highest bounty in the crew.

I fully expect the Mera Mera fruit to be taken and not eaten.

OR. I at least expect it to not go Blackbeard. I'm not sure which....

Maybe Cavendish? He has a lot of background. Or a dwarf? That girl Sanji hooked up with?

I swear if that weak as fuck Bellamy joins I'm gonna rip a piece of loose leaf up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe Cavendish? He has a lot of background. Or a dwarf? That girl Sanji hooked up with?

I swear if that weak as fuck Bellamy joins I'm gonna rip a piece of loose leaf up.
    I don't see Cavendish joining the crew, but he might end up as part of an alliance. I can see it as a similar relationship as Buggy and Shanks have.

- - - Updated - - -

Too little background on any dwarves or Violet for any serious consideration (yet).

Hard to say with Bellamy. We still don't know if he's going to end up as a good guy or bad guy.

I fully expect the Mera Mera fruit to be taken and not eaten.

OR. I at least expect it to not go Blackbeard. I'm not sure which....

Violet the girl Sanji was with can't have it she already has a devil fruit the Giro Giro no Mi or the Glare/Sight/Goggle fruit which allows her to see inside the minds of others. I don't think Bellamy is going to join but I do believe he is going to become an ally of Luffy which is not uncommon for enemies to become Luffy's friends. Look at who has done it Mr. 2, Mr. 3, Crocodile(more respect then friendship but still) Mihawk said back in the Marineford War that Luffy has the most dangerous ability on the sea the ability to make anyone he meets into allies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Hard to say with Bellamy. We still don't know if he's going to end up as a good guy or bad guy.
    Bellamy is a huge faggot. He'll stay as a bad guy and just appear every so often, prove how shit he still is, then fade out.

10+ Year Old Account
    New chapter, glad the break is over.

I think Cavendish just became more popular with the crowd than Luffy. The Donquixote family are indeed Celestial Dragons, as hinted at several chapters ago when the report was revealed as a hoax. I had also completely forgotten about what was happening on the Sunny.

Cavendish is mostly popular under the female's. Luffy under everybody.

The Donquixote family is basicly part of the World Government (or atleast they helped creating it)? It's not completely clear for me :/
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    The Donquixote family is basicly part of the World Government (or atleast they helped creating it)? It's not completely clear for me :/
    Way back in chapter 497 it was explained that the World Government was formed by the Twenty Kings, and that their descendants are the Tenryuubito/Celestial Dragons. Donflamingo confirmed he is one of them, even though he doesn't wear that bubble-helmet like the ones on Sabaody.

I'm kind of surprised that the Nefertari are CDs. I knew they were royalty (obviously) and that they were part of the World Government, but I didn't know they were part of the original creators. You'd think they could have called in an admiral to take care of Crocodile.

Also, aren't the CDs basically above the law? Why would Doflamingo even need the Shichibukai immunity?

Nefatwhatever probably don't have much pull since they didn't stay in the new country everyone else stayed in.

I think you guys are missing the significance of what DD said. Morals just changed. Rebeccah was the victim before, obviously. But now it's shown that the Donquiote family actually did own Dreddrosa before they formed the World Gov, so he's not completely at fault for taking back his kingdom.

Cavendish is popular but ehhh we'll see who is more popular. I'm more interested in seeing if anyone in D block is good.

Brook raped that girl hehehehe I'm so glad Zolo or Sanji didn't have to save the day.

Deleted
    Brook is so awesome. Literally.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you guys are missing the significance of what DD said. Morals just changed. Rebeccah was the victim before, obviously. But now it's shown that the Donquiote family actually did own Dreddrosa before they formed the World Gov, so he's not completely at fault for taking back his kingdom
    A king that abandons his country doesn't necessarily retain their right as kings IMO. Also, even if he did have the right to rule Dressrosa, he did take it back in the worst way possible. I'd still say Rebecca is the victim here.

Quote Originally Posted by Turin View Post
    A king that abandons his country doesn't necessarily retain their right as kings IMO. Also, even if he did have the right to rule Dressrosa, he did take it back in the worst way possible. I'd still say Rebecca is the victim here.
    Just like Wapol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyranne View Post
    Just like Wapol.
    Well, there is a slight difference. Wapol left in a time of need, while (as far as we know) Dressrosa was perfectly fine when the Donquixote (seriously f that name) family left.

Well, there is a slight difference. Wapol left in a time of need, while (as far as we know) Dressrosa was perfectly fine when the Donquixote (seriously f that name) family left.
    This is true but I'd not be surprised if something bad was happening to Dressrosa when he left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyranne View Post
    This is true but I'd not be surprised if something bad was happening to Dressrosa when he left.
    Hmm, I doubt it tbh. The WG was created pretty much to 'control' the world. I don't think leaving a kingdom in disarray is a good way to start this off.

Hmm, I doubt it tbh. The WG was created pretty much to 'control' the world. I don't think leaving a kingdom in disarray is a good way to start this off.
    Guess we'll have to wait and see

I wonder what will happen to Doflamingo after this arc and I really wanna see what Kaido looks like, considering he's called "Kaido of the Hundred Beasts". Maybe a Zoan?