Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    England
    Posts
    349
    I still haven't managed to get to Gold on my main (feral druid), though I have only given it a couple of tries so far. I keep getting stuck at wave 8 I think. Anyone got any tips for a feral?

  2. #22
    Immortal Raiju's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    7,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Maekito View Post
    I still haven't managed to get to Gold on my main (feral druid), though I have only given it a couple of tries so far. I keep getting stuck at wave 8 I think. Anyone got any tips for a feral?
    Do it on your mage/lock instead
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Same boat as Elemental, spent over an hour on my main trying to do it, couldn't get past wave fucking 7.

    The only people you ever see having done it as these specs are Engineer/Alchemists with full BiS CMode gear.

    Logged over to my alt Destro Lock, didn't even bother getting a proper meta or anything, one shot 30 waves.

    Fucking joke, should literally be a FoS for doing it on a Boomie/Ele.



    It's really easy, keep Rain of Fire on the little piles of adds (I swear they are there for this reason) for infinite embers, and spam Chaos Bolts all day on the mobs. Use Havoc against big mobs, roll Immolate on everything, obviously run with KJC & SF, don't really know what else to say; Destro has a really, really easy time in there. Obviously save cooldowns and chests for the waves you have trouble with.
    Literally rage quit at wave 9 because I couldn't get it. Screw them as ele since I dont have CM gear lol

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexeiblu View Post
    I still don't know how the fuck I am supposed to dispel two of the water bombs at the same time, one is going to go off anyway which screws you.
    Even though this has nothing to do with the topic, you can't dispel both, so you have to decided which one is best to let go off. In order priority, cleanse Tank, Rogue, Mage, Hunter, Yourself. If you leave it on yourself, you have the benefit of being able to hit a personal cd to mitigate the damage and you know you can get clear of other players for when it blows. It's a pretty rare occurrence that the tank and rogue both get the water bomb, but you should have a plan for how you deal with it if they do, knowing that you're gonna have to burn some extra mana. The water bombs should come out fairly close to one another, so try to wait for both to be up before you cleanse, because if you are quick, you can cleanse Oto only to have him hit by the next one which you would have to let blow.

  5. #25
    Dreadlord Bizerk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Posts
    754
    I see a lot of people complaining how its hard for your class, but that's why its an account wide achievement in the first place.

  6. #26
    Immortal Raiju's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    7,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    I see a lot of people complaining how its hard for your class, but that's why its an account wide achievement in the first place.
    Blizzard disagrees with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

  7. #27
    I did it realm first on Twisting Nether, maybe even EU first (since TN + Stormscale were the two servers to come up first). Who wants to touch me?
    EU first PG wave 30, come at me bros.

  8. #28
    Immortal Raiju's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    7,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    I did it realm first on Twisting Nether, maybe even EU first (since TN + Stormscale were the two servers to come up first). Who wants to touch me?
    I wouldn't want to touch anyone from either realm without a protective suit, I recommend the same to everyone else
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I wouldn't want to touch anyone from either realm without a protective suit, I recommend the same to everyone else
    TN is kinda the nerd realm and Stormscale is the jock realm, so I completely understand you.
    EU first PG wave 30, come at me bros.

  10. #30
    Stood in the Fire Hooliganz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The North
    Posts
    480
    thanks to all of you
    now i wont even bother trying proving grounds
    reading your comments is like a watching a horror movie

  11. #31
    Immortal Raiju's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    7,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooliganz View Post
    thanks to all of you
    now i wont even bother trying proving grounds
    reading your comments is like a watching a horror movie
    Glad we could help <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

  12. #32
    Dreadlord xytech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Stormscale
    Posts
    866
    Dunno how it is with a monk, but it's ridiculously easy with destruction lock. Didn't even feel remotely like an achievement to beat wave 30.

  13. #33
    Warchief Anzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Ravencrest
    Posts
    2,140
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooliganz View Post
    thanks to all of you
    now i wont even bother trying proving grounds
    reading your comments is like a watching a horror movie
    It's not so bad

    Roll a Frost DK/Destro Lock/Frost Mage/Survival Hunter and do the following:

    *Read the rest in relaxing, calm voice*

    Switch the TV on, find a nice film to watch, get comfortable, are you comfy? Good now get yourself a nice cold beer, you deserve it, take it easy.

    Now proceed to mindlessly spam random buttons for 30 minutes, it doesn't really matter what you are pressing as long as you are pressing something, don't over-exert yourself though, this is supposed to be fun.

    Rotation is not important, the key factor is that you are enjoying yourself, are you enjoying yourself?

    Now stop, take a deep breath and close your eyes (but still make sure are mindlessly pressing buttons!). Imagine you are away in a nice warm beach somewhere and you can hear the waves crashing against the sand. Yes, those girls look nice over by the beach hut.

    Now open your eyes again, you've done it, good job.
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-03-03 at 01:19 PM.

  14. #34
    I got wave 36 on hunter (just gave up after 30 really...only wanted title) didn't bother getting special gear, or gems.

    Took me a few weeks of trying occasionally..maybe 10 hours attempting?

  15. #35
    I got endless 30 as a ret. For anyone attempting to go for endless damage, I would recommend that you go for it this week. There's an NPC, Sayge, from Darkmoon Faire that grants you a damage buff (random, in the range of 1-10%). That extra damage, which doesn't disappear in Proving Grounds, will be really helpful. The link for this NPC is: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=14822/sayge#comments

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Roll a Frost DK
    <insert you're doing it wrong meme>

    unholy is by far the superior spec i literally disease everything and throw a few coils/plague strikes and the DoT damage can almost kill the 500k hp mobs outright. took me about 3 hours to get gold, and this is factoring in i had NEVER played unholy before this, only blood. and 2 of those hours i was using icy touch(which you don't use as unholy) and 30 minutes my pet was on passive.

  17. #37
    Warchief Anzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Ravencrest
    Posts
    2,140
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    <insert you're doing it wrong meme>

    unholy is by far the superior spec i literally disease everything and throw a few coils/plague strikes and the DoT damage can almost kill the 500k hp mobs outright. took me about 3 hours to get gold, and this is factoring in i had NEVER played unholy before this, only blood. and 2 of those hours i was using icy touch(which you don't use as unholy) and 30 minutes my pet was on passive.
    Frost is a lot easier though.

  18. #38
    I saw a rogue do 47,9 waves long time ago it's pretty hard

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Same boat as Elemental, spent over an hour on my main trying to do it, couldn't get past wave fucking 7.

    The only people you ever see having done it as these specs are Engineer/Alchemists with full BiS CMode gear.

    Logged over to my alt Destro Lock, didn't even bother getting a proper meta or anything, one shot 30 waves.

    Fucking joke, should literally be a FoS for doing it on a Boomie/Ele.



    It's really easy, keep Rain of Fire on the little piles of adds (I swear they are there for this reason) for infinite embers, and spam Chaos Bolts all day on the mobs. Use Havoc against big mobs, roll Immolate on everything, obviously run with KJC & SF, don't really know what else to say; Destro has a really, really easy time in there. Obviously save cooldowns and chests for the waves you have trouble with.
    I agree with you there brother...
    I didn't even get Gold on my ele (wiped at wave 9 or 10 for at least 30 mins), and I have played it for over 6 years and I raid heroics (atm garrosh) with it. Granted, I didn't Change my gear, I went in there with legendary cloak, meta and mastery gems.
    Nevertheless, switched to my hunter alt and did gold in 2 tries.
    Last edited by Stormstrîke; 2014-03-20 at 08:14 AM.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Same boat as Elemental, spent over an hour on my main trying to do it, couldn't get past wave fucking 7.

    The only people you ever see having done it as these specs are Engineer/Alchemists with full BiS CMode gear.
    That is not true, i did gold(dps) on my main the same day it came out. Without regemming at all. Ofc i did it with 300int food and flask/pots.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •