Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

proving grounds gold / endless dps

I managed to get gold today, I will, no doubt, try endless tomorrow.
    Anybody managed to achieve 30 waves yet and give an indication of how hard it is compared to gold?
    Ww monk, did gold using one bezerker buff on last wave.
    Thanks in advance

Deleted
    Just finished endless 30 after 3-4 grueling hours. Pretty insane ramp-up in difficulty from gold. A single misstep within the 30 minutes of constant fighting will pretty certainly mean failure. I was very close to rage-smashing something a few times

After a couple of casual attempts, I systematically wrote down the content of each wave (types of mobs - optimal starting position - zerger-buff), as well as noted on which waves I would pop my different cooldowns. Then I just kept trying and adjusting my plan until it felt good. Then kept trying until I finally succeeded!

Left me with a very nice sense of accomplishment and, in contrast to brawler's guild, something that you cannot outgear after a while!

I did it as a frost mage (I'm normally arcane, but that was extremely nonviable - so did a full regem, including normal meta-gem) and used flask and 300 int food. While frost mage is not a great dps class, I think it's pretty well suited for the proving grounds. I'm having a hard time seeing how a non-bloodlust class can deal with wave 30.

Edit: oh wow, just realized I did it without a cloak enchant. Forgot to put lightweave back on my cloak after upgrading it, zzzz
    Last edited by mmoc58ecfb2e10; 2013-09-12 at 02:32 AM.

Deleted
    I did it yesterday. I found DPS to be quite easy (as Monk), if you know which waves are problematic and where to use your cooldowns. To work that out does take some time. Tank was comparably harder, I had to try some different talent setups till I found the right one. On the other hand, DD is my main spec, so my gear and experience is better for that.
    I stopped doing both in wave 32, because the servers were unstable yesterday, I had two discs on wave 22 / 26. After logging in again, the 20 wave achievement wasn't given and the mode was ended, so I didn't want to risk that and having to go through all waves again.

Spoilers ahead - for WW! Don't click if you want to work it out for yourself:
    Waves 3, 8, 9 and 10, then again the same +10 / +20 were the most hard for me.
    3 had an insanely stupid AE zone in the middle, where the WW ae was to small to hit all. And two monkeys which run around. My stategy: SEF on one monkey, and attack the other. Then run the center, use Xuen (which was on CD for the beginning of the wave - see wave 10), use EB and TeB and aoe them down - going in circles when the outer mobs where I ae'd were down.
    8 had two possible problems: One banshee spawns when SEF was (sometimes, depending on crit luck) still up. Then it can be hard to kill it. If the mobs of the clones had much HP, I canceled them. The second hard moment are two banshees spawning back to back. Bad procs / crits / energy starvation can suck at this moment, but ToD is awesome at this moment.
    9 - I can't recall exactly what was hard about that wave, but iirc it had a quite tight DPS requirement overall.
    10 - Just one mob, reduced damage taken for some seconds, and then increased after some time. I used the damage buff chests for this one. Note that the time you have is a bit shorter than the debuff of the mob. So at ~45 sek left: Xuen. ~30 sek left: damage buff chest. At this moment he still wonÄt get much damage. Then, when the phase is about to change, keep debuffs up, get full chi and energy. When it changes, push everything you've got. A bad procstreak / no crits can kill you at this wave.

On a sidenote - Legendary stuff doesn't work. So a crit damage meta is preferrable, if you still have one.

Now I have to level my druid or farm some healgear with the monk.
    Last edited by mmoc48c29aaf6e; 2013-09-12 at 06:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've read on another post someone got to level 89 on endless, as frost mage, I believe?
    PM me weird stuff :3

I did Gold Healer last night but failed miserably at Gold DPS. Using Resto gear for Gold DPS is not a wise choice. Gold Healer took me 3/4 attempts to get but I tried Endless and got to 8. It seems on any kind of Endless mode which someone mentioned above any miscue and your screwed. I still don't know how the fuck I am supposed to dispel two of the water bombs at the same time, one is going to go off anyway which screws you.

There should be a separate achievement, or even FoS, for moonkin doing this.

It is RIDICULOUS.
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.

Deleted
    Anyone trying this as fire mage?

Deleted
    Gave it one go today, got score 450, which I believe was wave 5 or so. I probably should have checked this thread first, lol!

Regardless, Thanks for all your pointers and help, Especially Forsta <3

Is there a trick to the healing? (Disc priest) Right around wave 6 gold there isn't enough dps to kill the mobs, new ones spawn and I'm screwed.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noirlama View Post
    I did, finding wave 9 on gold close to impossible.

10+ Year Old Account
    I managed to get to endless wave 6 on my rogue (assassination). I tried it as combat/sub but assassination seems the only viable way now. I did get to 4 as combat though. Combat/Sub just seemed to run out of steam towards the end. Its been a blast. I've had fun getting the achievement for getting silver with the wrong specialization. Gotta love Blood DK dps lol
    I have often regretted having spoken, but never for having not. -De Commynes

Got up to wave 34 on my first try on my hunter, thought this place was pretty tailor made for survival hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post
    Is there a trick to the healing? (Disc priest) Right around wave 6 gold there isn't enough dps to kill the mobs, new ones spawn and I'm screwed.
    The best thing I can say about the healing one is that when you aren't doing anything, help the NPC's DPS. As resto when I had the NPCs at a comfortable level I was throwing about Lightning Bolts like no one's business. Just remember to ALWAYS dispel the water bomb when it's out, they will fuck your group up! Especially on the tank sometimes you'll get two at one time. The only thing I was really having a problem with was mana...by Endless wave 5 I was almost out.

damage gold was pretty rough at parts, requiring burst on command every 30-60s which is quicker than my dps cooldowns. saving the berserker buffs for 8/9/10 is highly recommended, and i always burst down the monkey first, then healers, then everything else

10+ Year Old Account
    I just got Gold as a Fire Mage, spent about an hr on Gold and it was frustrating because Fire is so rng, some attempts id have maybe 20+ secs to spare, some I was barely making it.
    I'm guessing its a bitch to do endless as fire.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    The highest person in the world is a Fire mage that wiped on wave 130. 2nd-5th are warlocks, 6th is a Frost mage with wave 103, 7th is Fire at 103 and 8th is Fire at wave 100.

if some one have done it as a destro can you give some tip on have to do 30 waves?

Deleted
    It is MUCH MUCH harder.. and i did it as a frost mage(OP)

Quote Originally Posted by Batix View Post
    There should be a separate achievement, or even FoS, for moonkin doing this.

It is RIDICULOUS.
    Same boat as Elemental, spent over an hour on my main trying to do it, couldn't get past wave fucking 7.

The only people you ever see having done it as these specs are Engineer/Alchemists with full BiS CMode gear.

Logged over to my alt Destro Lock, didn't even bother getting a proper meta or anything, one shot 30 waves.

Fucking joke, should literally be a FoS for doing it on a Boomie/Ele.

Quote Originally Posted by Cnice View Post
    if some one have done it as a destro can you give some tip on have to do 30 waves?
    It's really easy, keep Rain of Fire on the little piles of adds (I swear they are there for this reason) for infinite embers, and spam Chaos Bolts all day on the mobs. Use Havoc against big mobs, roll Immolate on everything, obviously run with KJC & SF, don't really know what else to say; Destro has a really, really easy time in there. Obviously save cooldowns and chests for the waves you have trouble with.
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-02-27 at 04:21 PM.

Conductivity and capacitor totem (combined with regular elemental usage) made the resto endless 30 quite painless. As noted above, these are all about anticipating the spawns and their abilities and planning cooldowns accordingly.