Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Got to wave 10 as SMF fury, but didnt manage to get the big guy down in time. he had 21% left
    Already used the berserkers buffs.

    will get back on it as arms as soon as i get a 2h

  2. #22
    Fury 6 waves done.

  3. #23
    wave 59 Endless dps as arms.

    Any takers to try and beat that ^^?

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyricals View Post
    wave 59 Endless dps as arms.

    Any takers to try and beat that ^^?
    Next weekend.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyricals View Post
    wave 59 Endless dps as arms.

    Any takers to try and beat that ^^?
    When I get a 2h Axe I'll try to beat you :P

  6. #26
    How do you access this?

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by jettzypher View Post
    How do you access this?
    Talking to your class trainer.
    Warrior soloing spreadsheet.

    Super Meat Boy (Any%): 22:58 (PB)
    Ocarina of Time (Any%): 27:26 (PB)

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyricals View Post
    wave 59 Endless dps as arms.

    Any takers to try and beat that ^^?
    Post gear/bufflist please. What gems, trinkets did you use?
    | Simple is beautiful.
    | Blog | Roth UI | Roth UI FAQ | GoogleCode | Zork | Guild | zorker.de

    "I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

  9. #29

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    Post gear/bufflist please. What gems, trinkets did you use?
    I was using Str flask and 300 Str food respectively. My gemming was pretty much the same as i use for fury except i was using the Reverberating primal Diamond in my meta since the legendary meta gem doesn't work i was also using a ToT weapon for the double socket.

    As for trinkets i used Fabled Feather of Ji-kun and Lessons of the Darkmaster.

  11. #31
    Stood in the Fire Fog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Alsvåg
    Posts
    402
    Finally had some time off from work and other various IRL stuff and had a go at Proving Grounds. Managed to finish gold on my first attempt. Haven't given Endless a serious try yet. Might do so in the weekend.

  12. #32
    As Fury, outside of Proving Grounds, I have my stats+rotation perfect down to a T and do absolutely beast DPS..... But inside Proving Grounds, its a nightmare. The problem, as others have said, is the huge drop in Crit that you take from the gear getting scaled down. There will be rounds during Endless Mode that I get those lucky Bloodthirst Crits over and over and finish with 20+ seconds left... And then there's those rounds (the same rounds even) where the lack of Crit really shows its lovely head aand just sit there hitting like a noodle with no hope of beating the timer.
    Arms is the way to go (even though Arms bores the crap out of me, and I have to drop Prot Spec every time I wanna do Proving Grounds)

    I use:
    -Bloodbath (guaranteed up 1x per round)
    -Dragonroar or Bladestorm, I prefer Dragonroar simple because macro'd with Bloodbath it starts off the bleed effect extremely high and let's you quickly move on to the next mob(s).
    -(New) Glyph of Execute, essentially makes Execute free on lesser mobs,
    -or- if you're killing without Execute, then Glyph of Enraged Speed works wonders for kiting the Amber Globs around
    -Glyph of Death from Above
    -Disrupting Shout (duh)
    -Doubletime. - Rage isn't a big problem but being able to dash 2x on a moments notice can make the difference between winning and losing some of the more difficult rounds.
    -Glyph of Rude Interruption - a mostly forgotten glyph since its so situational and in raids there's other gylphs that generally take priority or uninteruptable bosses... But in Proving Grounds its nearly 100% uptime of +6% flat damage increase due to all the interrupts available in every round.

    -General tip: determine at least 1 priority mob for each round, such as the illusionary healers, or banana guys,, and blow it down before the 1st Amber Glob can get to it, leaving the glob available when moving to the next mob. (at which point you can debuff and kill the next mob as the 2nd amber glob has already started to be cast). You can then always be 1 step ahead, always having an enemy debuffed as another glob is becoming available for use, and if for some reason you screw up one of the globs, you wont get so far behind or punished to fight the clock.
    Last edited by smackthekids; 2013-09-18 at 10:08 AM.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by smackthekids View Post
    As Fury, outside of Proving Grounds, I have my stats+rotation perfect down to a T and do absolutely beast DPS..... But inside Proving Grounds, its a nightmare. The problem, as others have said, is the huge drop in Crit that you take from the gear getting scaled down. There will be rounds during Endless Mode that I get those lucky Bloodthirst Crits over and over and finish with 20+ seconds left... And then there's those rounds (the same rounds even) where the lack of Crit really shows its lovely head aand just sit there hitting like a noodle with no hope of beating the timer.
    Arms is the way to go (even though Arms bores the crap out of me, and I have to drop Prot Spec every time I wanna do Proving Grounds)

    I use:
    -Bloodbath (guaranteed up 1x per round)
    -Dragonroar or Bladestorm, I prefer Dragonroar simple because macro'd with Bloodbath it starts off the bleed effect extremely high and let's you quickly move on to the next mob(s).
    -(New) Glyph of Execute, essentially makes Execute free on lesser mobs,
    -or- if you're killing without Execute, then Glyph of Enraged Speed works wonders for kiting the Amber Globs around
    -Glyph of Death from Above
    -Disrupting Shout (duh)
    -Doubletime. - Rage isn't a big problem but being able to dash 2x on a moments notice can make the difference between winning and losing some of the more difficult rounds.
    -Glyph of Rude Interruption - a mostly forgotten glyph since its so situational and in raids there's other gylphs that generally take priority or uninteruptable bosses... But in Proving Grounds its nearly 100% uptime of +6% flat damage increase due to all the interrupts available in every round.

    -General tip: determine at least 1 priority mob for each round, such as the illusionary healers, or banana guys,, and blow it down before the 1st Amber Glob can get to it, leaving the glob available when moving to the next mob. (at which point you can debuff and kill the next mob as the 2nd amber glob has already started to be cast). You can then always be 1 step ahead, always having an enemy debuffed as another glob is becoming available for use, and if for some reason you screw up one of the globs, you wont get so far behind or punished to fight the clock.
    IMO, the Executor glyph is hardly worth it, considering at most you get to use it something like 6 times? Thinking of waves 4, 7 & 9.Even then, a better way to do it is bring a mob down to 15% or less (the further you get, the smaller the percentage has to be since their health increases) and then let them bleed to death while you head off (charge off?) to the next mob. Staying there, hitting execute is just a waste of a second of your time.

    I'm using Bull Rush (+15 extra rage on charge), Colossus Smash (armor debuff on CS) and Unending Rage (120 rage). Not sure if the first two are all that great, but really can't see anything better. Rude Interruption is situational, only good when you're taking down a mob that's casting something or passing one by. Running towards a Weaver just to interrupt him (or wasting a Charge) to get a buff will end up losing you damage with all the time spent away from those in need of killin'. So, maybe you get to use it once or twice during a wave? Excluding the one with 2 Mystics and Vermin in the middle, but that wave is so easy as is.


    I only got to wave 35 just now (took a loooong while) and failed with Sha one hit away from death. No dedicated set of gear, didn't even change the meta, just my Fury gear and Gravetouch Greatsword, a 463 weapon.

    P.S. Thank the Titans for Deep Wounds and Thunderclap.

  14. #34
    Mechagnome Gouca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    713

    Endless Damage

    Hello, how far have you advanced in the Endless Damage? Myself I find it quite hard as both arms and fury: fury lacks the AoE damage for some waves and Arms the single target burst. I'm using Storm Bolt and DR, always trying to save both the 30% buffs for last 2 waves, yet I often fck up with the ghosts if nothing procs and I don't have time to kill them

    Any tips? Videos? Not many Warriors in the top scores so I guess it's quite RNG to advance there?

  15. #35
    I did it as Fury until I got to Gold, switched to Arms as Fury felt majorly gimped with the scaling. I also swapped 12 second charge for a double charge and used bladestorm. I failed the wave with the banshee, didn't realise I had to prioritise it the first time. With the monkeys just burst them down, they go down real fast. The hard bit comes with the Sha waves where you have to be prepared for the burst phase, outside of that phase the thing takes no damage. When I did it the Sha stopped taking damage at around 200k health and it took me ages to finish off that last health.

    Haven't tried endless mode yet.
    I7 2600k @4.5ghz : 16GB DDR3 : GTX670 : Firestudio : Naga : G27

  16. #36
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Ground-thread

    Warriors are not the best class for the DPS challenge, but not the worst either. What you mean by RNG in this case is unclear to me. Are you saying some people just get lucky and ride it all the way to wave 40 or 50? (record is wave 60 for warriors right now) That'd have to be a hell of a lot of luck.

    Do not use Stormbolt, though, it hits like a wet noodle with that level of gear. Bloodbath is the only correct choice for Endless since it provides a lot more damage and has the same CD as a wave length.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Creotor View Post
    I'm using Bull Rush (+15 extra rage on charge), Colossus Smash (armor debuff on CS) and Unending Rage (120 rage).
    All mobs have every raid debuff, so CS glyph won't do anything. Rude Interruption is really nice at the first sha, because you can interrupt the healer shortly before the banshee spawn (just bring him low, but don't kill him) and you will have the damage buff for the whole sha boss. In addition to that it adds some nice damage on the 3 banshee, 2 normal, 1 healer wave (I think it's wave 8), where I personally tend to have problems.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduryondon View Post
    All mobs have every raid debuff, so CS glyph won't do anything. Rude Interruption is really nice at the first sha, because you can interrupt the healer shortly before the banshee spawn (just bring him low, but don't kill him) and you will have the damage buff for the whole sha boss. In addition to that it adds some nice damage on the 3 banshee, 2 normal, 1 healer wave (I think it's wave 8), where I personally tend to have problems.
    Yea, I completely blanked out on the debuffs. Will be changing CS to something else, then, thanks for pointing this out! Great advice on the waves 5 & 8 as well.

    I've been doing OK on wave 8 lately by TC'ing a slayer and the mystic from the very start, burning the mystic, TC'ing the other slayer once the CD was up and coming back to the mystic, charging and leaping here and there to renew Deep Wounds and that worked out fairly well, but yea, not sure how far I'd get with that on 38, when I reach that.

  19. #39
    Got 30, then I just stopped as I wasn't aware there was a PG ranking at all. I thought the whole point was to get the achievement. Anyway, ended up like the 15th Warrior/World for the entire first week just by doing the bare minimum and not even attempting wave 31... I'd say Warriors are definitely in the bottom 30-40% in Damage PG's. All classes can get to wave 30 though as far as I know, that's fine with me.

  20. #40
    Just gave Endless a try, got to wave 19 on my first try, had enough dps but messed it up thinking I'd finished off a mob that had about 10k health left! Gear/buffs were far from ideal, but not bad either.

    Windsong on weapon
    Mastery on bracers
    500 stats crystal buff
    250 str food buff
    + 2x 535 timeless items with only 3 stats (haste on shoulders, hit on helm), the 3 stat items have way way less overall stats than the 4 stat items, you scale that down and these items become hilariously bad as 3 stat ilvl463 items, If I had not vendored my old gear I would have used that.

    Even with the pretty shitty gear situation endless 10 achievement is very doable. I was using Bladestorm which for endless doesn't seem like the best choice, single target burst seems to be the key. Thunderclap deep wounds seemed to take care of the AOE adds on its own. Wave 10 was difficult for me, I pooled rage for the shield to drop and blew all cooldowns + heroic leap during CS and I only just beat it. Strangely after I killed off the Sha on wave 10 the timer increased by around 10 seconds, so I went from 1 second left to 10 seconds left after he died, not sure what that was about.

    I don't have the patience to really go for it, It seems that if you get lucky with sudden death procs on the sha you will have an easy ride, if you get unlucky you have no chance of succeeding whatsoever. Ideal situation if you want to do this then you probably want to create a properly optimised gearset.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2013-09-23 at 04:21 AM.
    I7 2600k @4.5ghz : 16GB DDR3 : GTX670 : Firestudio : Naga : G27

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •