Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    Im using cha and totem, they proc fairly close to the pull, but with the changes to RPPM trinkets, they aren't a guaranteed proc like before. waiting that extra few seconds to benefit more from trinkets is nit picking, min maxing kinda stuff, but in the thread asking about an optimal opener type thing, thats the place where min maxing etc should be stated.
    You are right. I was being more vigilant last raid and whilst Cha-Ye's procs almost straight away, Purified Bindings take a while to proc. I actually find that waiting for Purified Bindings to proc is probably a dps loss because sometimes they take so long, there's hardly any time left on all the other buffs...

Deleted
    With 5.4 RPPM trinkets were changed, whilst they may feel like they proc all the time (they infact don't, however at the start of the fight they still have an increased chance to proc). You're making the same mistake the other guy did, HT before you go into solar (which is correct if you're casting before CA) but you're not re-HT'ing before CA? Bad move. Also you could argue as you're already in solar, you should SS not wrath, as once you pop INC/CA dot the target and then starfall, theres a good chance (in high end gear) SS will have already proc'd.
    I obviously just forgot the HT after entering solar. Would be pretty dumb not to do that : /. Also it makes sense to cast wrath before SS since my SS will then be buffed by INC, I could just cast INC after SS, but there is a good chance that I wont have trinkets up for part of the lunar eclipse anway, so might aswell buff that first SS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gebuz View Post
    I obviously just forgot the HT after entering solar. Would be pretty dumb not to do that : /. Also it makes sense to cast wrath before SS since my SS will then be buffed by INC, I could just cast INC after SS, but there is a good chance that I wont have trinkets up for part of the lunar eclipse anway, so might aswell buff that first SS.
    As i said in my first post, if you cast SS, then inc, ca, starfall, 4 globals in there is a good chance ss will have procc'ed and you wont even bother casting wrath
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Some opener that I have been thinking about...
    25 energy from lunar.
    HT.
    during the 10 sec countdown...
    starfall,
    AC to lunar.
    HT,
    pre-pot,
    Incarnation,
    SS in air
    goes into combat while in starfire cast.
    sunfire
    moonfire,
    starfire/ss proc
    starfall (should be running out now, or after next starfire)
    3 more starfire/ss procs
    (now at 0 energy)
    CA (the second precast of HT makes this eclipse buffed)
    moonfire (re-applies both dots)

can now go into normal rotation, and we have the NS+HT for going into the coming Solar.

--
    I see this loosing a bit of pre Starfall time, but gaining the second pre HT, and that the first SS is done with eclipse. b/c we are not needing the NG to last until the solar, but just the 0 energy as we cast CA then, starting already in NG eclipse makes sense to me.

Deleted
    As i said in my first post, if you cast SS, then inc, ca, starfall, 4 globals in there is a good chance ss will have procc'ed and you wont even bother casting wrath
    I still cast my SS before applying dots, pretty sure Shooting Stars wont proc before I apply dots. Also I'm not sure if a 1.1 rppm trinket will have 100% proc chance on the first cast, but the chance is high enough (10+ pulls in a row with both proccing last night) that I wont change my opener because of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gebuz View Post
    I still cast my SS before applying dots, pretty sure Shooting Stars wont proc before I apply dots. Also I'm not sure if a 1.1 rppm trinket will have 100% proc chance on the first cast, but the chance is high enough (10+ pulls in a row with both proccing last night) that I wont change my opener because of that.
    Ofc you cast SS before dots, but by the time you inc/ca, dot, starfall theres still a good chance it'll have procc'ed due to NG/Meta (and possibly berzerking) buffed CA dots. - Each tot heir own.

@Anyone, thats the 'usual' lunar pre pull, adapted to DOC. pretty standard, but yes, that IS correct.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee