1. #1
    Mechagnome Zhaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    562

    Legendary Cloak poorly implemented?

    Basically, been thinking about this for a while

    I'm a mistweaver monk and I use the spell DPS cloak as crit > spirit for me so its a no brainer, I'm sure other classes have taken the DPS cloaks aswell.

    The way the upgrade works is that you use Timeless Essence of the Black Dragonflight to upgrade your cloak to legendary quality with the proc.

    Am I the only one who thought seperate item enchants would be better?

    For example there would be 5 legendary enchants and you could chose between Tank, Str DPS, Agi DPS, Int DPS and Healing procs and put them on any cloak you wanted

    Interested to hear other people's views on this
    Last edited by Zhaine; 2013-09-08 at 03:14 AM.

  2. #2
    As a disc priest I can feel your pain, but as a tailor I wouldn't want to lose my cloak enchant. Also, I want my freebie orange item thx.

  3. #3
    Mechagnome Zhaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    562
    Quote Originally Posted by purplehazen View Post
    As a disc priest I can feel your pain, but as a tailor I wouldn't want to lose my cloak enchant. Also, I want my freebie orange item thx.
    I wasn't suggesting this would overwrite the cloak enchants, It would obviously work alongside them like it does at the moment

  4. #4
    Yeah, but how could Blizz implement it without it taking the enchant or tinker slot? It's a decent idea but unfortunately they can't please everyone(MW/Disc).

  5. #5
    It would kind be cool if the proc from the enchant/cloak gave us the same wings that we got in D3, which in my opinion were really cool.
    I'll tear you apart...
    Once my hand heals,
    I'll rip you apart...
    Tear you to shreds...
    Rip you into tiny pieces...
    And eat you! - Eren Yaeger

  6. #6
    Are people really crying they're losing 500 crit rating on an item? Here's a tip: 500 crit rating (especially as a healer) makes no difference in real situations. When you wipe on Lei Shen HC at 792 hp, then sure maybe you can call it "poorly implemented" but until then it's just stupid if you ask me.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    Are people really crying they're losing 500 crit rating on an item? Here's a tip: 500 crit rating (especially as a healer) makes no difference in real situations. When you wipe on Lei Shen HC at 792 hp, then sure maybe you can call it "poorly implemented" but until then it's just stupid if you ask me.
    I really think that you are from that group of people that think that theorycrafting healers isn't useful, proved wrong again and again.

    OT: What is wrong is that you don't need spirit. Spirit should be no-brainer from the design perspective, it isn't of course, healing specs are not well designed right now. If it was my call, I would remove spirit from the game, easier to balance and we have 3 secondary stats to play with for each spec.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by thigan View Post
    I really think that you are from that group of people that think that theorycrafting healers isn't useful, proved wrong again and again.

    OT: What is wrong is that you don't need spirit. Spirit should be no-brainer from the design perspective, it isn't of course, healing specs are not well designed right now. If it was my call, I would remove spirit from the game, easier to balance and we have 3 secondary stats to play with for each spec.
    This. WTB Active Regeneration, similar to tanks. Rapture, Mana Tea, something like this for every spec. Yeah there's Hymn of Hope, Divine Plea etc but those are just lazy hmmm I'm under XX% mana let me hit it. Priests probably have the most ways to manage their mana, and it's definitely a fun challenge to me to manage it as well as possible.

  9. #9
    Sounds like a first world problem. 595 suboptimal secondaries out of a pool of 30k+

    Awesome signature/avatar by Visenna!

  10. #10
    Mechagnome Zhaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    562
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    Are people really crying they're losing 500 crit rating on an item? Here's a tip: 500 crit rating (especially as a healer) makes no difference in real situations. When you wipe on Lei Shen HC at 792 hp, then sure maybe you can call it "poorly implemented" but until then it's just stupid if you ask me.
    crit is a regen stat for monks, its prioritised above intellect in 5.4 its that good

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Sounds like a first world problem. 595 suboptimal secondaries out of a pool of 30k+
    How do you reforge haste and spirit off on the same item? Spirit and haste are bad stats for Disc, but you'll have to take the full 1k from one of them. Unless you are going to roll on DPS gear, you'll drown in spirit (you already do now).

    It's certainly not as bad for Disc as it is for monks and shamans, but crit is still the top stat for Disc. Crit doesn't eat mana as haste does and creates less overheal.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Selesnya View Post
    How do you reforge haste and spirit off on the same item? Spirit and haste are bad stats for Disc, but you'll have to take the full 1k from one of them. Unless you are going to roll on DPS gear, you'll drown in spirit (you already do now).

    It's certainly not as bad for Disc as it is for monks and shamans, but crit is still the top stat for Disc. Crit doesn't eat mana as haste does and creates less overheal.
    What would you reforge Haste to on the non-spirit cloak anyways? You only have four useful secondaries as a healer: haste, crit, spirit, mastery.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

    i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Selesnya View Post
    How do you reforge haste and spirit off on the same item? Spirit and haste are bad stats for Disc, but you'll have to take the full 1k from one of them. Unless you are going to roll on DPS gear, you'll drown in spirit (you already do now).

    It's certainly not as bad for Disc as it is for monks and shamans, but crit is still the top stat for Disc. Crit doesn't eat mana as haste does and creates less overheal.
    The breakpoint escapes me right now, but with the changes to spirit shell I believe disc wants around 8500~ haste to be able to fit 5 PoH casts within a single SS, though slightly less because the first will presumably have added haste from Borrowed Time.

  14. #14
    Guess what, legendaries are not meant to be optimal for everyone. I had armor penetration on my Shadowmourne as a retribution paladin and didn't complain much about getting a legendary weapon.

    Plus, you have reforging exactly for that.

  15. #15
    Pit Lord IRunSoFarAway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Posts
    2,350
    Quote Originally Posted by purplehazen View Post
    Yeah, but how could Blizz implement it without it taking the enchant or tinker slot? It's a decent idea but unfortunately they can't please everyone(MW/Disc).
    Make it so it doesn't overwrite anything? Pretty simple.

    In the end, not every item can be perfectly optimized for your class, they make generic items for classes/specs, for some, it might be the best stats ever, to others, it might be balanced, and to some, it might just be the worst thing ever.

    The benefits of having it probably outweigh whatever the negatives are.
    I'm mean because you're stupid.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by purplehazen View Post
    The breakpoint escapes me right now, but with the changes to spirit shell I believe disc wants around 8500~ haste to be able to fit 5 PoH casts within a single SS, though slightly less because the first will presumably have added haste from Borrowed Time.
    If you really think 8.5k "wasted" secondaries that could be mastery or crit is worth one extra PoH-SS cast, then... Sure. But you aren't going to get any actual throughput gain like that. Haste is the worst stat disc has by far. Think about it - in 10 man, you'll get 2x PoH-SS off on each group anyway, giving them both a 250K or so shield (almost maxing it with some crit luck, of which you'll have 50% chance+). In 25 man, the difference between 4 or 5 casts is 20% of the raid, and you can't refresh the first group's shields which means that they may run out etc before the AOE even hits due to delays. SS just isn't very important in 25 mans compared to 10, and the 5 second nerf is "meh" at best. No way is disc going to be sacrifising a fifth of the stat budget they have to get an extra cast in =P

    But yea - if I could have crit on my healing cloak, that'd be awesome <.<. None of the healers has haste as their BiS stat, two of them has crit .
    Last edited by Dracodraco; 2013-09-09 at 05:55 AM.

  17. #17
    Scarab Lord nightfalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    4,317
    Quote Originally Posted by thigan View Post
    I really think that you are from that group of people that think that theorycrafting healers isn't useful, proved wrong again and again.
    He is not. And,

    Quote Originally Posted by Zhaine View Post
    crit is a regen stat for monks, its prioritised above intellect in 5.4 its that good
    I'm pretty sure he is well aware of which stats are the "correct" monk stats.

    You are not reading his point which is that 500 stats are not worth splitting hairs over when it comes to item design. The Devs do not need to go out of their way to ensure you have 500 extra crit itemization on one of your gear pieces over 500 spirit.

  18. #18
    you get the legendary item for proc not for stats lol

    i mean having "PERFECT" stat on that legendary is nice but oh well
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=soulstrikes in oceanic now Lol

    5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

  19. #19
    Everything about the Legendary Cloak was poorly implemented.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •