Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
LastLast
  1. #201
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Guess it's off to the alliance... I'm not happy with how the horde bent over to them today, and how everyone so quickly accepted vol'jin who's done shit all beyond dying and leading a rebelion this expansion.
    Hell, i'd quit if i had something better to spend my free time on.
    As a fellow Horde player I have to agree.

    This whole story arc has been just plain awful, from the moment Garrosh was appointed in Cata to this.

    The orcs redemption from WC3 was thrown away again to once again have them as raid bosses. (it's overdone, put the "old horde elements" to rest blizz)

    At this point the Horde is a humiliated mess and it's all Vol'jin's fault because he HELPED the alliance to walk in and conquer his allies.

    I want a warchief who stands up to the alliance instead of collaborating with them against his own!

  2. #202
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthyogi View Post
    "If you fail to uphold honor Like garrosh did, then know this. We will end you." Really? You are going to end the cinematic like that? At least cut back to Voljin narrowing his eyes with that "You can try dipshit. We'll drop you just like we dropped Garrosh. Now take your bitch and GTFO of The Horde's city
    Edit - Calling it now. Jainia will be the next raid boss, possesed by the Sha of Plot device.
    The Horde lost a massive amount of their largest faction: The Orcs. The Alliance lost very little. Ally would obliterate Orgrimmar and everyone in it by sheer numbers alone.

    Thankfully, Vol'jin's intelligence and wisdom isn't written by someone with a "me see blood make smash rrarrw" mentality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post

    At this point the Horde is a humiliated mess and it's all Vol'jin's fault because he HELPED the alliance to walk in and conquer his allies.

    I want a warchief who stands up to the alliance instead of collaborating with them against his own!
    Had he not accepted help from the Alliance his rebellion would have been a long, clumpy blood smear that never made it into the city proper.

  3. #203
    Pit Lord Strafer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,428
    Quote Originally Posted by Snugglees View Post
    In the horde version, what do people think of Sylvannas bowing her head slightly, but not strongly showing any sign of respect?
    Do you think the slight head bow was significant?
    I wouldn't read much into it. It's just who she is.

  4. #204
    Fluffy Kitten Lokann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Trapped in Rykha's basement
    Posts
    12,028
    Buh-bye all you people saying you're not sticking with the Horde if a troll is Warchief, meanwhile the rest of us will be chillin' with the only leader cunning, ruthless and honourable enough to actually lead successfully, and who actually cares about the organisation as a whole.

    Woulda accepted Gallywix as well, though Vol'jin's definitely the better choice.



  5. #205
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    Buh-bye all you people saying you're not sticking with the Horde if a troll is Warchief, meanwhile the rest of us will be chillin' with the only leader cunning, ruthless and honourable enough to actually lead successfully, and who actually cares about the organisation as a whole.

    Woulda accepted Gallywix as well, though Vol'jin's definitely the better choice.
    honestly i was under the impression gallywix was following garrosh untill they revealed the vision showing him with the rest of the rebels. not really sure why i thought so..
    Last edited by vamonos; 2013-09-12 at 10:11 AM.

  6. #206
    Pit Lord Strafer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,428
    I'm expecting some crazy voodoo shit in the throne room. >.<

  7. #207
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    Buh-bye all you people saying you're not sticking with the Horde if a troll is Warchief, meanwhile the rest of us will be chillin' with the only leader cunning, ruthless and honourable enough to actually lead successfully, and who actually cares about the organisation as a whole.

    Woulda accepted Gallywix as well, though Vol'jin's definitely the better choice.

    I'd much rather have seen Saurfang or Thrall take up the helm, but it looks like Blizzard caved in to the whole Vol'jin love in movement after he threw the toys out of the pram in Cata and everyone whined about Thrall.

  8. #208
    Done with the Horde and Lore in general until we get a true Warchief again.

  9. #209
    Vol'Jin was predictable but isnt this what you all wanted? Vol'Jin was badass for everyone back then. What has changed, that everyone hate him being warchief?

  10. #210
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Guess it's off to the alliance... I'm not happy with how the horde bent over to them today, and how everyone so quickly accepted vol'jin who's done shit all beyond dying and leading a rebelion this expansion.
    Hell, i'd quit if i had something better to spend my free time on.
    As a fellow Horde player I have to agree.

    This whole story arc has been just plain awful, from the moment Garrosh was appointed in Cata to this.

    The orcs redemption from WC3 was thrown away again to once again have them as raid bosses. (it's overdone, put the "old horde elements" to rest blizz)

    At this point the Horde is a humiliated mess and it's all Vol'jin's fault because he HELPED the alliance to walk in and conquer his allies.

    I want a warchief who stands up to the alliance instead of collaborating with them against his own!
    Om nom nom, Horde tears
    Om nom nom, I feast on them to live
    It is the Promised Land, my Alliance Brothers
    Come and drink your fill

  11. #211
    I love how Vol'jin straightens up in front of Varian and makes him look like a midget

  12. #212
    Pit Lord Strafer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,428
    I love how zero fucks were given by Voljin when Varion threatens the Horde.

  13. #213
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    The Horde lost a massive amount of their largest faction: The Orcs. The Alliance lost very little. Ally would obliterate Orgrimmar and everyone in it by sheer numbers alone.
    True, but you dont threaten the enemies leader, surrounded by his generals and Green Jesus, in the heart of his city. You'll take a lot with you, but you wont make it out alive.

    Thankfully, Vol'jin's intelligence and wisdom isn't written by someone with a "me see blood make smash rrarrw" mentality.
    On that we agree. Garrosh had so much promise when he was shown his fathers heroic sacrifice in BC. Then to be turned into the guy who goes full retard. You never go full retard.

    Had he not accepted help from the Alliance his rebellion would have been a long, clumpy blood smear that never made it into the city proper.
    And if the Alliance hadnt decided it was better to help Vol'jin, Varian would have died like his father. Watching his city burn to the ground while the Horde rolled over it.
    Last edited by Darthyogi; 2013-09-12 at 10:25 AM.

  14. #214
    High Overlord Zeph76's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Somewhere Far Beyond
    Posts
    103
    Do people really prefer a Blood Elf who's actions were nothing above using make up prior to 5.1? Vol'Jin is the best option judging from the fact that it was him who held the horde together.

  15. #215
    Fluffy Kitten Lokann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Trapped in Rykha's basement
    Posts
    12,028
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    I'd much rather have seen Saurfang or Thrall take up the helm, but it looks like Blizzard caved in to the whole Vol'jin love in movement after he threw the toys out of the pram in Cata and everyone whined about Thrall.
    Well, the one is sort of not keen on doing anything anymore since he saw what was pretty much the end of his bloodline and the other is who got the Horde into this mess in the first place.



  16. #216
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimble View Post
    Om nom nom, Horde tears
    Om nom nom, I feast on them to live
    It is the Promised Land, my Alliance Brothers
    Come and drink your fill
    How's theramore? :P

    Well, the one is sort of not keen on doing anything anymore since he saw what was pretty much the end of his bloodline and the other is who got the Horde into this mess in the first place.
    The problem though that Blizzard has killed off good Horde characters left right and centre.

    Nazgrim would have been a fine warchief, but they had to slay him. Saurfang was still a good choice. As for Thrall he may have made the mistake of appointing Hellscream but he still did a good job back then.
    Last edited by Briga; 2013-09-12 at 10:37 AM.

  17. #217
    Scarab Lord Kazomir's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sofia/Bulgaria
    Posts
    4,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    As a fellow Horde player I have to agree.

    This whole story arc has been just plain awful, from the moment Garrosh was appointed in Cata to this.

    The orcs redemption from WC3 was thrown away again to once again have them as raid bosses. (it's overdone, put the "old horde elements" to rest blizz)

    At this point the Horde is a humiliated mess and it's all Vol'jin's fault because he HELPED the alliance to walk in and conquer his allies.

    I want a warchief who stands up to the alliance instead of collaborating with them against his own!
    Ahhhhh its beaughtyfull how the coin spins around...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    How's theramore? :P
    It will get rebuilt...along with gilneas.
    Quote Originally Posted by biolink22 View Post
    rogue "glory hole helm"

  18. #218
    Fluffy Kitten Lokann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Trapped in Rykha's basement
    Posts
    12,028
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    Nazgrim would have been a fine warchief, but they had to slay him. Saurfang was still a good choice. As for Thrall he may have made the mistake of appointing Hellscream but he still did a good job back then.
    Nazgrim was never a leader, he was a follower. At least he had a good death.

    Saurfang is just... done. Since his son died, he's wanted to just be done with it all. Depression isn't exactly something to seek in a Warchief.

    Thrall is too idealistic. It's shown in the pre-fight sequence where he thinks he can put it all right just like that, but he is defeated easily. It's seen again in the cinematic, where he actually shoves Grom in Garrosh's face again.



  19. #219
    Scarab Lord Kazomir's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sofia/Bulgaria
    Posts
    4,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    Nazgrim was never a leader, he was a follower. At least he had a good death.

    Saurfang is just... done. Since his son died, he's wanted to just be done with it all. Depression isn't exactly something to seek in a Warchief.

    Thrall is too idealistic. It's shown in the pre-fight sequence where he thinks he can put it all right just like that, but he is defeated easily. It's seen again in the cinematic, where he actually shoves Grom in Garrosh's face again.
    Considering Thrall knew Grom, and sees how much Garrosh is unlike him (Grom fought against his corruption and died free, Garrosh willingly corrupted himself) It comes as no surprise to me that Thrall was doing that.

  20. #220
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    I think thats my issue with Jaina as well. It's just a drastic change from who she used to be. She doesn't even seem like she's the same character. It's like how (imo) Garrosh changed drastically from Early Cata to Late Cata.

    I don't mind her being upset, but not only was she willing to sacrifice more people to continue the war during this scene, she also cost the Alliance a possible ally earlier (Lor'Themar and his blood elves). That way they're telling the story, it just seems that shes raging at everything rather than thinking it through.
    That sounds a bit familiar doesn't it...? My theory is that she took the shards of Frostmourne and molded it into a bra, that's why we can't see it corrupting her slowly...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •