Thread: About Tauren...

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

About Tauren...

This has been bothering me for at least 8 years now... but I never really strongly spoke out about it.

See how Taurens were depicted in Warcraft 3:

I'm pretty annoyed that in World of Warcraft they made Taurens look like small fat cows instead... The entire savage native american vibe is completely missing.

Night Elves the same story, even their lore got butchered pretty much. No longer this savage matriarchal society very closely in touch with nature and animals, with some moon/night magic mysticism thrown in. Much more depicted as every other average elf society in WoW now.

I honestly don't notice much of a difference.

Surprise: concept art is more detailed than in game graphics!
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

Small? O.o I have enough trouble fitting through doorways as it is. It's a concept art compared to actual in game graphics, which are ~8 years old.

You're comparing concept art to a screenshot from Classic beta? o.O

Also, note the copyright date on that concept art.

Tauren were never depicted as "savage".

"Concept art vs. game graphics bla bla bla..."-argument really make no sense.

Concept art:

Game graphics:

The Tauren in WoW look like short fat chubby cowmen. When they run around they remind me of Quasimodo crossed with a T-Rex (short chubby arms). They in no way represent the wise and savage native american tauren that were depicted in Warcraft 3. In WoW they look like meek domesticated cows that blankly stare into the distance. I personally hope that with the model updates they'll do Tauren some justice.

I wouldn't mind a neck of some kind.
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpy View Post
    Ya i think Karadros got it right sadly..
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Well, that trailer is spoiled forever now. Never be able to watch it again without noticing that.
    So thanks for that. Karadros.

I find tauren ok. Orcs are the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post

Concept art:
    SNIP

Game graphics:
    SNIP

The Tauren in WoW look like short fat chubby cowmen. When they run around they remind me of Quasimodo crossed with a T-Rex (short chubby arms). They in no way represent the wise and savage native american tauren that were depicted in Warcraft 3. In WoW they look like meek domesticated cows that blankly stare into the distance. I personally hope that with the model updates they'll do Tauren some justice.
    Comparing concept art with an 8 year old game's graphics and then a game thats less than a year old is really, well, stupid, to be honest.

It's not surprising that the younger game looks closer to the concept art.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    Comparing concept art with an 8 year old game's graphics and then a game thats less than a year old is really, well, stupid, to be honest.

It's not surprising that the younger game looks closer to the concept art.
    Honestly, it just seems Anarchor is just looking for something to argue about. He does this with every thread he creates.

EDIT: And about the tauren not living up to their concept art, realize the game is years old and running off the same character models. Wait till they update the models to compare.
    Last edited by Pebrocks The Warlock; 2012-09-11 at 12:53 AM.
    End SJW
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    I fucking hate this LGBT and gender equality shit invading video games.

Ahahahaaaaaaaaaaa orcs look super gimped when you look at it that way!

that orc art picture is so damn AWESOME

KILL THOSE TREE HUGGERS AND IMPALE THEM

Concept art:

Game graphics:
    So you're taking concept art for a character in the Warcraft 3 RTS game, comparing it to the MMO model of a character of the same race, and then comparing that to concept art and in-game look of a BUILDING from a game that's been out for less than a month?

I'm sorry. What's the point of this?
    I take issue with this entire block of text.

How tall are tauren supposed to be to please you? They couldn't fir through certain doors for years, and you want them bigger? And how long are their arms supposed to be? They already reach their damn knees, do they have to drag the ground?

Why do the characters have to have perfectly defined steroid abuser muscles that are constantly strained in order to not look fat? Do you know what fat actually looks like?
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

The orc comparison picture is hilarious.

Paladin and D3 Moderator | MMO-C Guidelines | Signature and avatar art by Dancing Hare

I love tauren, and most above, orc lore; but the models are so fuglly and the animations so clunky that I just can't.

If orcs looked as good as artwork, I'd rerrol most of my characters to green skinned buff sexynes tbh. Same with Tauren, I'd finally have a horde druid.

Aren't you about 8 years late on this complaint?
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Concept art:

Game graphics:
    do you have a date for those two shots? cause sometimes artist trace over game shots to make them more artistic

And blood elves.

vs

but imo if i had to point out something that had me all "wtf" from going to wc3/ft to wow is the quotes.

for example blood elf blood mage quotes.

my all time favorite is:

"My blood cries out for the vengeance of my people's blood, which can only be repaid with at least twice as much blood! Or maybe three times as much blood! Like if you went to hell, and it was full of blood, and that blood was on fire, and it was raining blood, then maybe that would be enough blood! Eh… but probably not."
    now that always had me at "this guy means business"

Vs

Blood elf male

??? :P

Quote Originally Posted by grisset View Post
    I honestly don't notice much of a difference.

Surprise: concept art is more detailed than in game graphics!
    This ^

Honestly op, you think you have it bad with tauren? Look at orcs ingame compared to concept art, orcs all hunch over like peons from WC3, they look terrible in most armors as a result. Also humans, from the bold, strong stance standing concept art, ingame like look like retarded he-man doll action figures.

Tauren as far as it goes has it pretty sweet compared to other races.

Concept art:

Game graphics:

The argument makes sense when you're using technology from 2004.

It's not fair to compare concept art and screenshots from more recent games.

If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com