... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Jaina

What is her problem? She needs to die.

Deleted
    Could not agree more

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well she went literally Insane due to that whole bomb on her home city losing... A LOT of friends in the process

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a feeling, she will become a Raid Boss eventually. She is going crazy,

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I make people mad View Post
    Well she went literally Insane due to that whole bomb on her home city losing... A LOT of friends in the process
    She took over Dalaran. That evens it out.

Quote Originally Posted by False View Post
    Well.... wouldn't you be as pissed if you fought so hard to bring the horde and alliance together only to have the new horde blow up your city, loved ones, and everything you held dear because of the very same thing she fought to protect?

10+ Year Old Account
    The Alliance Witch needs to die.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

It's either solid character development, or they broke her. It's easy to break a character - put them through so much that there's now ay back. Maybe, just maybe, Jaina has a way back - and if she does it'll be one hell of a story, and I'll be proud of Blizz. But she's reaching a terminal point - they need to start pulling her back or risk her broken for good.

She will probably get a major role in the next expac as she undegoes sanity issues and tries to ascend to godhood through her insatiable lust for magic (she's seduced a dragon, has the focusing iris and control of Dalaran, so yeah she has lot's of starting equipment right there).

Yeah, this part of the cutscene is the only thing that bugged me.

I can understand Jaina being upset after what happened to Theramore. Very upset, in fact. But, the reason the rest of the Horde is even there for her to tell Varian to dismantle is because they wanted Garrosh dead for atrocities like Theramore as well.

I think Blizzard forgot that she let her own father get killed because she realized the Horde were not bad people. They're still not. Garrosh was, and that was the whole point of this raid. I feel like Jaina got killed off in Theramore and Lady Macbeth is disguising herself as Jaina.

She took over Dalaran. That evens it out.
    I got to remember that "cure" if I ever go insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post

I can understand Jaina being upset after what happened to Theramore. Very upset, in fact. But, the reason the rest of the Horde is even there for her to tell Varian to dismantle is because they wanted Garrosh dead for atrocities like Theramore as well.

I think Blizzard forgot that she let her own father get killed because she realized the Horde were not bad people. They're still not. Garrosh was, and that was the whole point of this raid. I feel like Jaina got killed off in Theramore and Lady Macbeth is disguising herself as Jaina.
    Here's the smell of the blood still: all the
    perfumes of Arabia will not sweeten this little
    hand. Oh, oh, oh!

Let it be so

Deleted
    I think something controls Jaina, probably an Old God

I don't like Jaina being transparently evil. She was always the rational one in a world where everyone blindly hates each other.

The reversal smells of bad writing. Theramore was bad but it shouldn't overpower every principal of her character.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    I don't like Jaina being transparently evil. She was always the rational one in a world where everyone blindly hates each other.

The reversal smells of bad writing. Theramore was bad but it shouldn't overpower every principal of her character.
    Why do people keep throwing around the word "evil"?
    She wants to disband the faction that has caused countless (thousands, tens of thousands?) of Alliance deaths, destroyed and conquered Alliance land, and seems to not have any intention of paying for it or facing justice for their crimes.

What the hell kind of "Evil" is that?

This is the whole point of her character change.
    She's realized that was a completely nonsensical and naive perspective.
    She's continually worked for peace between the factions and the Horde continuously makes matters worse.

Her attitude is because it ISNT JUST GARROSH.

It wasn't Garrosh who plagued Southshore and slaughtered the farmers and civilians of Hillsbrad farms. That was Horde.
    It wasn't Garrosh who started the Warsong lumber camp and allowed it to continue to push at the Night Elven Borders, that was Thrall and the Orcs.
    It wasn't Garrosh who authorized Gilneas to be plagued, or okay'd the use of the Valkyr in conquering Andorhal and slaughtering the farmers of the new western plaguelands, that was Sylvanas.
    It wasn't Garrosh who created the plague and tested it against humans and dwarves to begin with, that was the Forsaken and Horde.

To pretend that Garrosh is somehow the source of all the crimes the Horde have committed is simply naive, she's realized that now. She doesn't ask Varian to slaughter the Horde, she says that this is the chance for him to forcibly disband the group that has caused Alliance suffering for decades.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2013-09-12 at 02:10 AM.

you'll see that she will be raid boss. She had a contact with Aegwyn so i think she is corrupted by Sargeras himself at least i hope it'll be like that:P

There's no reason for the horde to be around other than the fact that the game has two factions. Jaina is the sane one.

10+ Year Old Account
    so its bad for her to be kind of a bitch? I kinda dig it
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Not to derail this, but the reason the Horde want Garrosh gone is NOT because of Theramore. They only turned on him when he started to victimize members of the Horde. As long as his psychopathic viciousness was directed at the Alliance, they were fine with it (aside from Sylvanas, and that was because he tried to bully her into fighting a war with her hands tied).

OT: It is weird seeing Jaina and Varian flip-flopped from how they were back in Battle for Undercity, but at least Jaina's change makes some sense. Garrosh blew her city to pieces and killed her closest friends, and the Horde helped him do it (face it - he didn't hold the city under siege by himself and then hand-deliver the mana bomb). Varian suddenly turning into Zen Captain America is a lot stranger to me. Maybe his change was covered in one of the books or something, but I have no interest in reading any more of those.

I think she's fine. Looks like she finally realized where her loyalties lie. If this wasn't an mmo where factions exist for gameplay, I'm pretty sure Varian would've destroyed the Horde.