Thread: Jaina

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Why does every time an Alliance character show some backbone that 9123174 people come and say "he/she must die!" but when a Horde character goes in same mode (as in, let's-kill-Alliance mode) they're awesome and they must be cheered for?

Double standards, I'm tired of them. The Alliance isn't super goody faction, that's boring and needs to go away. The Alliance needs to be grey, and as such characters like Jaina, like Veressa, like Tyrande, like Moira etc are more then welcomed and should be cheered for instead of just "guys, there's a stain on my boring super good faction, let's remove it!".

Well, in all fairness, on our realm, we did kite her into org, where she killed every single person but eventuall met her maker. (true story)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Why does every time an Alliance character show some backbone that 9123174 people come and say "he/she must die!" but when a Horde character goes in same mode (as in, let's-kill-Alliance mode) they're awesome and they must be cheered for?

Double standards, I'm tired of them. The Alliance isn't super goody faction, that's boring and needs to go away. The Alliance needs to be grey, and as such characters like Jaina, like Veressa, like Tyrande, like Moira etc are more then welcomed and should be cheered for instead of just "guys, there's a stain on my boring super good faction, let's remove it!".
    Because no one likes alliance.

Jaina is evil for wanting to DISMANTLE, not kill, the horde. Dismantle, as in take away sovereign power from the nation that Hiroshima'd her city. The horde would survive just fine split up.

The belves and undead would stick together, the tauren would take in orc refugees to Thunderbluff, and Volgin can rule his trolls on their little island. The goblins can go back to being mercs/suppliers for everyone and live fine and dandy on Azshora.

That would allow the horde rebels to live and keep their own cities. They just wouldnt be a super power anymore (look how great that turned out), and would give the Alliance that fist pumping major victory we were promised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow wow guys..., just because she's anti-horde now doesn't mean she have to die, she sonner or later will change the way she thinks or die..., but for the moment THINK ABOUT ALL THE GREAT CONTENT WILL COULD HAVE!!!

New horde and alliance war in eastern Kingdom!

Forsaken, Blood elf and Sunreavers vs Worgens, High Elfs and The Kirin Tor (Dalaran)

Too bad for good old Jaina, that pseudo bad attitude is really cheesy

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post

I will never understand it either, but apparently the Horde fans can't accept an Alliance character not being a fan of their precious Horde anymore after they've proven to be unworthy of having them as a fan in the first place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Why do people keep throwing around the word "evil"?
    She wants to disband the faction that has caused countless (thousands, tens of thousands?) of Alliance deaths, destroyed and conquered Alliance land, and seems to not have any intention of paying for it or facing justice for their crimes.

What the hell kind of "Evil" is that?

This is the whole point of her character change.
    She's realized that was a completely nonsensical and naive perspective.
    She's continually worked for peace between the factions and the Horde continuously makes matters worse.

Her attitude is because it ISNT JUST GARROSH.

It wasn't Garrosh who plagued Southshore and slaughtered the farmers and civilians of Hillsbrad farms. That was Horde.
    It wasn't Garrosh who started the Warsong lumber camp and allowed it to continue to push at the Night Elven Borders, that was Thrall and the Orcs.
    It wasn't Garrosh who authorized Gilneas to be plagued, or okay'd the use of the Valkyr in conquering Andorhal and slaughtering the farmers of the new western plaguelands, that was Sylvanas.
    It wasn't Garrosh who created the plague and tested it against humans and dwarves to begin with, that was the Forsaken and Horde.

To pretend that Garrosh is somehow the source of all the crimes the Horde have committed is simply naive, she's realized that now. She doesn't ask Varian to slaughter the Horde, she says that this is the chance for him to forcibly disband the group that has caused Alliance suffering for decades.
    Hit the nail on the head here. All of these people like 'Uhhhh, omg she wants to kill all the Horde, obviously evil and needs to die' or 'Wth emo bitch on our side needs to die'

So getting a massive bomb dropped on your own city, seeing everything you love and care about just get erased from existence, knowing that you couldn't protect it and feeling massive guilt, sadness, hate and all this other hate, realising that her old ideals of peace are impossible and everything she's done for the Horde has led to this moment...

Then seeing her own people in Dalaran betray her, using Dalaran to stage attacks on an Alliance city when it's supposed to remain neutral, then kicking them out and imprisoning the traitors that they are...

Yeah. All of that obviously makes you some kind of super evil emo bitch. Or something.

Jaina is now the character the Alliance has needed for so long and for some stupid freaking reason, is hated by the players of her own faction simply because 'Oh, kill stuff = bad. Alliance = good. WTF BLIZZ KILL JAINA'

I hope Jaina gets a greater involvement in the story and as one of the last damn Alliance characters from Warcraft 3, stays around for a very, very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by False View Post
    What is her problem? She needs to die.
    What's your problem? You need to die.
    /totallybalancedandwellthoughtoutreasoning

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I will never understand it either, but apparently the Horde fans can't accept an Alliance character not being a fan of their precious Horde anymore after they've proven to be unworthy of having them as a fan in the first place.
    Several times over...

Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    What's your problem? You need to die.
    /totallybalancedandwellthoughtoutreasoning

- - - Updated - - -

Several times over...

Time and time again. But apparently the old Jaina was just SO MUCH MORE COMPELLING.

The Jaina that would thank an orc for his generosity if he were to piss all over her face, kick her in the gut and throw dirt all over her. SUCH AN INTERESTING CHARACTER GUYS. You people must also be the kind that could find hours upon hours of enjoyment with a blank sheet of paper while condemning a PlayStation 3/4.

I guess it shouldn't surprise me that those who support her 180 in personality also speak entirely in hyperbole.

Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    I guess it shouldn't surprise me that those who support her 180 in personality also speak entirely in hyperbole.

The whole '180' argument is no less than hyperbole, so that's kind of hypocritical, and frankly very amusing.

she didn't ask to turn them to slave or kill all of them but to disband the horde
    how is that evil?

Quote Originally Posted by greeeed View Post
    she didn't ask to turn them to slave or kill all of them but to disband the horde
    how is that evil?

One does not simply dislike the Horde without becoming an evil raid boss on basis of player requests.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    One does not simply dislike the Horde without becoming an evil raid boss on basis of player requests.
    It's the shock of the unfamiliar. Horde have become so used to Alliance characters taking their ass-kickings without complaint that when one starts kicking back they go all to pieces.

So horde fanboy, but I still have to say I like the change in Jaina. People talking about the retcon from 5.2 where she has respect for Lorthremar, that is because frankly at that point the horde and alliance were fairly matched. Now in this position, the horde is broken and weak unlike the alliance who is stronger more than ever. Anybody in their right mind who would want the horde dismembered, would view this time as the PERFECT opportunity to do so.

Jaina is a pretty cunning individual, who knows if with her dealings in magic she could forsee having to remove Garrosh from Org thus that would be a much more opportune time to try to dismantle the horde there instead of clashing with them in 5.2. With this in regard I bet she also anticipated Varian agreeing with idea, which is why she is a little more than surprised when he doesn't just end it on the spot.

As others have stated I think a legion expac would be VERY interesting with her new Char development, as in WC3 she was a huge proponent of joining forces to stop the burning legion, and now it would be the polar opposite. Unfortunately what I think might happen is she tries to fight the BL by herself, gets in over her head and green jesus comes to save the day.

On a side note - I was really pumped watching the beginning of the cinematics bc I was like "thrall is green jesus no more" and then Varian stopped it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's 2 am, moon shining over Dalaran

Thrall: Jaina!

Jaina: Thrall!

Thrall: One last f%^* before this all goes to hell?

Jaina: sure...

Jaina: You realize I want to kill every last horde there is...?

Thrall: Whatever...just get going.

10+ Year Old Account
    I labeled her model upgrade in Wrath 'Hooker Jaina' It's only been made worse now with her white hair, which attracts ALL THE ATTENTIONS to her face >_<

I had sorely hoped they'd tinker with the new model upgrades with a few of the lore characters during Siege (ie Baine and Jaina)

Deleted
    Calling it.

Old God corruption incoming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    The Theramore civilians didn't even get to make it to Taranis? I'd be pissed if I was her. It might have just been the VA for Jaina being really good at conveying venom over.

Varian did have a good chance to end most issues for the Alliance. And there was that comment about if Varian's choice was the smartest thing to do.

I think it'd be refreshing to see Jaina heal over time though. Much, much more so than OMG I AM A RAID BOSS, KILL ME sort of deal we're seen over the years. I'm empathetic towards characters that have some form of stress issue like Jaina I suppose.
    I agree with this. Healing isn't done immediately, but over time, with good experiences and achievements slowly overshadowing that painful ones. It will take a LOT to heal Jaina, but it is possible.

But Blizz sucks at writing, we're screwed! DX

During the tomoil that was the bombing of Theramore, the real Jaina died and was replaced by Onyxia (who never actually died) and she is now attempting to spoil Wrathion's plans of uniting the two factions! It all makes sense now.
    The Herald of Horror - Act 2 intro:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rwjNGSsHVM