Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    "troll master race" lol'd so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Concequence View Post
    Her Father felt the same way... She helped killed him.

"Can your blood atone for genocide, orc? Your Horde killed countless innocents with its rampage across Stormwind and Lordaeron. Do you really think you can just sweep all that away and cast aside your guilt so easily? No, your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you." - Grand Admiral Proudmoore
    Given what's happened since he doesn't seem far wrong, even if the orcs are a necessary evil for Azeroth's survival

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cohan View Post
    In my opinion, Jaina will become the new leader of the Alliance. I don't know how that will happen but it is possible. Varian wants to maintain peace while Jaina wants to destroy the Horde. I believe, for Warcraft-sake, she would be a better leader to keep the war between the Alliance and Horde going.
    The war sucks, i'm glad it's over.

No way would Jaina get enough support to become leader, should Varian somehow die then leadership would probably fall to Tyrande or Velen.

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Given what's happened since he doesn't seem far wrong, even if the orcs are a necessary evil for Azeroth's survival

- - - Updated - - -

The war sucks, i'm glad it's over.

No way would Jaina get enough support to become leader, should Varian somehow die then leadership would probably fall to Tyrande or Velen.
    varian just gets mind controlled....Jaina is a powerful magic whielder and varian just a warrior....he has no chance actually.^^ It can be pulled of and it will. The only problem is Velen and Anduin, and maybe the dwarves could mourn. But Tyrande seems turned a bit too, you notice it in the alliance scenario. Besides she could put malfurion to sleep for a very long timet if its needed.

Seems there are a trio of 3 evil women trying to rule the world and there is of course Aszshara too, so we got 4 total. bottom line: women are evil.^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Her reaction is understandable.

Likable? Probably not so much for the more 'noble minded'.

But this is war, and she rooted out a prime opportunity to end it, and end it in her favor and sate her revenge for her city being decimated.
    Slightly misplaced revenge, but it would be sated non-the-less. And she is acting on that streak, whatever she's convinced Anduin and Kalegos of. It will always be there with her now. I've seen it happen to people I know. This is a good character arc for her, she took Arthas, she took Kael'thas, she took numerous misjudgements in the name of peace with dignity, and Garrosh finally broke her by destroying all she fought for. Her home and people.

She is acting as one would expect. And I'm pleased for that.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Sylvanas is more evil than Jaina (if Jaina is even remotely evil to begin with), ignoring orders and doing all it takes all in the name of 'self preservation'

Whereas Jaina had her beliefs betrayed (trust in Orcs for peace) and ultimately spat out at her

heh the same people on their high horse were the ones who supported garrosh till he went batshit crazy. and some even supported him then.

Quote Originally Posted by championknight View Post
    Sylvanas is more evil than Jaina (if Jaina is even remotely evil to begin with), ignoring orders and doing all it takes all in the name of 'self preservation'

Whereas Jaina had her beliefs betrayed (trust in Orcs for peace) and ultimately spat out at her
    Sylvanas isn't remotely evil. She doesn't need to take orders cause she is the queen in her realm and the warchief is just a meaningless title. She has an alliance with the horde thats all, she is still the superior leader of her realm and the forsaken.

Even the plague at the wrathgate was not her but Purtress work.

Developing secret weapons, defending her borders at silverpine against the worgen and not taking orders doesn't make her suddenly an evil spawn. The scourge however is evil. A long way to get there for sylvanas and their rather neutral forsaken.(while they are neutral they are a bit odd to the living)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by budong View Post
    You consider genocide of a defeated enemy rational? Should we have turned every square inch of Japan into ash after they surrendered? In WoW only someone like Garrosh would consider this 'rational'. In real life only someone like Hitler. You really want to travel down this road just to provide some kind of justification for Jaina's behavior?
    Xcept that the horde did not surrender to the Alliance at all.

Also, nice Godwyn.

If she was asking this thing to be done to some other race like forest trolls after they harmed the alliance no one would even think anything. But if she wants to hurt the horde, she becomes evil, is it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sigh...no, Jaina is not evil. She's just acting out of character, based on her most recent appearance in the Isle of Thunder.

Bad writing does not make you evil. It just makes you want to punch Bella Swan in the throat.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Bad writing does not make you evil. It just makes you want to punch Bella Swan in the throat.
    I guess Jaina is Team Edward too since she was intense with someone who became undead.
    BAD WOLF

Good guys going 180 is such an overused plot element in wow =/ 2 xpacs from now will prolly be wrath of anduin or black prince

Jaina isn't evil, she was just being realistic and practical. The Horde has never shown themselves to be trustworthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Galosengen View Post
    Jaina has a ton of legitimate reasons to hate the Horde now, seriously I don't know why people have a hard time getting this. Her mindset changed due to various events, that happens to people.
    Agreed, and YAY was hoping Blizzard would develop her character more, I want to see Jaina a little revengeful and angry; it makes for more interesting character development, the goodie-goodie Jaina replacement can now be Anduin. (i find him incredibly flat and boring)
    The so called smile wasnt really a "smile" more of a pursedlip, yes lets do this our moment is here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    Her reaction is understandable.

Likable? Probably not so much for the more 'noble minded'.

But this is war, and she rooted out a prime opportunity to end it, and end it in her favor and sate her revenge for her city being decimated.
    Slightly misplaced revenge, but it would be sated non-the-less. And she is acting on that streak, whatever she's convinced Anduin and Kalegos of. It will always be there with her now. I've seen it happen to people I know. This is a good character arc for her, she took Arthas, she took Kael'thas, she took numerous misjudgements in the name of peace with dignity, and Garrosh finally broke her by destroying all she fought for. Her home and people.

She is acting as one would expect. And I'm pleased for that.
    Makes for a good arc doesnt it <gleefully rubbing hands together in excitement>
    Last edited by saucywench; 2013-09-13 at 03:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saucywench View Post
    The so called smile wasnt really a "smile" more of a pursedlip, yes lets do this our moment is here.
    While I'm fine, a little sad, but mostly excited for her downfall (that is to say I'm in agreement with her character development) to think that her look wasn't indicative of something sinister or foreshadowing compared to her previous nature is a bit naive.
    Even if it was just a gloaty, 'haha we're going to kick you butts now' look...that's not Jaina. It shows her complete reversal regardless of what we personally infer that look to mean.

Whether spiteful/evil or just a triumph at the Alliance domination, it's 'wrong'. It's not Jaina. Her old self is dead. It was a significant look that cannot be downplayed. I find it odd it didn't show her face at all in the Alliance version after Varian completely goes against her 'command'. I think that facial expression would have been more tellnig of exactly where her frame of mind is.

Was she shocked? Angered? Hurt? That's the more important emotion that whether through their fault or intentions we don't know.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    Sylvanas isn't remotely evil. She doesn't need to take orders cause she is the queen in her realm and the warchief is just a meaningless title. She has an alliance with the horde thats all, she is still the superior leader of her realm and the forsaken.

Even the plague at the wrathgate was not her but Purtress work.

Developing secret weapons, defending her borders at silverpine against the worgen and not taking orders doesn't make her suddenly an evil spawn. The scourge however is evil. A long way to get there for sylvanas and their rather neutral forsaken.(while they are neutral they are a bit odd to the living)
    She is responsible for war crimes and forcibly raising people to join her in eternal torment against their will.

She is torturing that death knight in under city currently, and whilst the alliance are helping her out in orgrimmar she's raising their dead troops behind their backs

10+ Year Old Account
    She is responsible for war crimes and forcibly raising people to join her in eternal torment against their will.
    Are you this upset about other forms of procreation? 2 sides to every coin.
    BAD WOLF

The Horde literally went Hitler on Theramore and slaughtered her people. Time to Nuremberg trial and lynch them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlosdanger View Post
    The Horde literally went Hitler on Theramore and slaughtered her people. Time to Nuremberg trial and lynch them.
    mixed metaphors.

- - - Updated - - -

you can't try *AND* lynch someone.

and 'nuremburg trial' is not a verb

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

She is torturing that death knight in under city currently, and whilst the alliance are helping her out in orgrimmar she's raising their dead troops behind their backs
    Sylvannus isn't necessarily evil as she is completely lacking compassion. Endure what she has and see what kind of person you are at the end of it. Like all forsaken, she was bound to the will of Arthas. During that she was forced to endure and do things anathema to her many times over. Its left deep scars. Now, imagine going through that and by sheer willpower alone, breaking free of Arthas only to be treated as a monster by your kinsmen and people and driven away. Bitterness would almost certainly take root. Forsaken fall every day and there's no procreation among the undead, so how else are they going to sustain themselves except by assimilating the very people trying to destroy them? I have a forsaken warlock, its not so bad being undead, honestly. Being devoid of compassion gives him a particularly quirky twist on his perception of things and gives him a weird if not violent sense of humor.

Now... as far as Jaina... She isn't evil, but she's damn near the line on it. Thrall was present when she tried to loose Wrynn on the leaders present. We thought she was his friend, apparently something has changed. She was very supportive of a just and sustainable peace between the races of the horde and alliance, now thats all changed? Perhaps bitterness he's now married to Aggra and has a child with her? Perhaps some aspect of the Y'sarj dwells in her like it does Garrosh? I dunno, but I was a little shocked when she tried to essentially start an open war with the horde while everyone was counting the dead and wondering what next. Something's not right here.
    I'm rolling a Blunt Elf... That's a high-elf that likes to party.