Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    That Smile that she gave, I was half expecting a Mr Burns "Excellent" to be dubbed over the top
    Aw crap. Confirmed to be controlled by Kil'jaeden or Sargeras.

Jaina is evil? Jaina was the only person with some damn common sense in this room, and I'm playing Horde. Damn the ending was lame.

Anyone else remembers when the alliance seemingly betrayed the horde, and butchered an entire civilian population? Rather than exterminate them all, Thrall and the Horde rallied an army, stormed theramoore, killed the warmonger Tyrant that declared himself dictator of that city (Daelin Proudmoore, Jaina's dad) and what did the horde do next? Why we left Jaina, Theramoore, and every single civilian and soldier inside alive and well, didn't even forced them to make reparations for their attacks against the horde.

Seems jaina is quite quick to forget about that part. Garrosh is an analog of her own old man, and she can't possibly hold the entirety of the horde responsible for his actions, just as Thrall refused to let all of her people be held responsible for the actions of her dad.

Hypocrisy, thy name is Jaina. And I sincerely hope she becomes a raid boss later on.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Deleted
    Jaina won't become a raid boss, just like Sylvanas hasn't.

Now both sides have leaders that can fly off the hook and commit some serious shit, it just gives Blizzard more opportunities in their storytelling.

Nice how you put [SPOILER] and Jaina is evil in the title. Little too late to warn for spoilers then?

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    While saying what Jaina did doesn't make one evil, she definitely seemed to break character. That leads me to believe that there is something else building. Maybe she is somehow corrupted or something.
    Or it's just more bad writing.

I liked how post-theramor Jaina was portrayed by Golden in the book, but blizzard for now really failed to translate that in game.

Deleted
    Not evil. Just finally an alliance leader who understand how to deal with evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    She isn't depicted as evil so much as she is depicted as trying to push her agenda; the destruction of the Horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    They need to get George R R Martin to write the story for this game.

Then maybe people would die for once, and the story would actually progress.

Also, they better not make jaina some tyrant. She was correct that they should've dismantled the horde. Probably assimilate the remains into the alliance too.
    People die all the time in this game. If GRR Martin wrote anything in WoW, nothing would ever get done, characters would be replaced by secondary characters, there would be 30 secondary main characters who all die just for the sake of being killed, and hell if it wouldnt spontaneously lose the best characters due to their absence in the HBO adaptation as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalzel View Post
    My prediction: Jaina is going to become the new Medivh. Garrosh is going to escape justice somehow, and that will cause her to become filled with hatred not only towards the Horde, but towards Varian as well. She'll teeter on the brink of sanity for an expack. But then, when Sargeras sets his eyes on Azeroth once again, he'll use her infinite arcane power and raw hatred to bring his armys to the planet.
    Holy shit.. mind blown. +1 for making a story that Blizzard most likely couldn't beat.
    EVERYDAY I'M SHUFFLIN. ┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓

Deleted
    If someone nuked my hometown and I were face to face with those responsible I'd have thirst for blood too. Don't think that would define me being evil.

Seems like common sense as to why she hates the Horde even more now.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    She isn't depicted as evil so much as she is depicted as trying to push her agenda; the destruction of the Horde.
    Which translates into the destruction of parties not involved with Garrosh's atrocities. Parties that were victimized by him as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    No. It's a character that has marched through shit to defend a Horde that would fling extra shit at her for trying to show them in a redeeming light. That would make her look like a fool in front of her king through her promises that they would act rational, and subsequently doing the opposite. Those that took away all that she treasured and savored.

It's a character that is sick of the Horde. Fed up, done. And that is justified. Your whole point is that, just because she has reached a point where she -hates- the Horde and would rather see them undone, she's equal to one that raised millions upon millions of dead and controlled them to overrun the world to create an even vaster army. Equal to the one that employed many scientists to conduct horrific experiments using the corpses of mothers and children alike (Thaddius)?

I do hope you're kidding. Sincerely.
    she's definitely to the point that arthas was at right before the culling of stratholme. Actually she's a little bit lower than that. Arthas' culling was done as a sort of mercy killing. What she's suggesting is killing out of revenge.

Deleted
    How do you people interpret "Dismantle the Horde" exactly? Personally, it sounded to me like "Kill the new Warchief/leaders", which is an unacceptable thing for Jaina to say given her Thrall relationship (Varian was clearly going to talk to Thrall and was surprised it was Vol'jin as WC instead).

This leads me to believe that either Jaina is corrupted by an old god, or it's some Dreadlord in disguise, because she wouldn't dare attack Thrall.

IMO

Considering how boring the choice for new warchief is, I kinda support the idea of wiping out the whole lot of them and finding newer less-cliched characters. And I play horde
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

So hey, I'm probably going to get flammed because that's the way of the internet but ...here it goes.

No. Jaina isn't evil. She's angry. She's frustrated. She didn't tell Varian to kill every leader, and if you believe that...well then you are assuming just as bad as those thinking Anduin is evil cause he talked to Garrosh. She told Varian to end the threat of the Horde. And there is a VIABLE threat there.

She's not neutral anymore. And she doesn't -need- to be. Ronin spoke for Neutrality in WotLK. Look where that got him. Look where ANYONE who wanted Neutrality has gone. Jaina lost her home, her friends, the people she loved and cared for....

I think a slight anger at the "Horde" is justified. The Horde has been at war. Yes, it may be factions within the Horde, but it's -hardly- isolated to Garrosh and his 'loyal few' who are 'bullies' to all the PCs to do WHAT THEY WANT for an expansion or two. Gallywix is still in charge. You want to tell me Goblins worked for Garrosh because they liked his plan? More likely they were paid -alot- to do what he said. There is no honor there. Goblins as a whole are for sale. Bilgewater in particular given their involvement in the Horde and in Garrosh's plans. Unless I'm mistaken, isn't Gallywix bowing his head to Vol'Jin?

Sylvanas is still scourging Gilneas. And other locations. Why? "Forsaken have to 'reproduce'." Which means killing innocents and turning them into 'monsters'. That's -two- Horde leaders who will PERPETUALLY be threats to the Alliance. Her desire to end the threat of the Horde is acceptable and encouraged by me.

And here's something that's been grating. Everyone who references "Her friendship with Thrall." ... I'd like to know where exactly was the last time Thrall and Jaina -directly- interacted in the game. Aside from being at his wedding I mean. The books -may- mention something...but those aren't always translated to the game well. And in reality, not just in fantasy, friendships require work. If they haven't talked/worked together in years, who is to say the Friendship still exists. At all. Especially given the fact she might view Thrall as personally betraying her..because -he- left Garrosh in charge, and whether or not you want to say "Garrosh was on his own not the Horde" ... Garrosh bombed her home and killed her friends. She would be justified in viewing Thrall with an eye of distrust...because he broke that trust.

Not to mention in the grand scheme of War and Diplomacy..your ally -yesterday- (WCIII) could very well be your enemy tomorrow (Lookitnow).

Having said all that? I've been an alliance player since WCI.

I've come to expect Blizzard grabbing an Alliance Lore Character and turning them evil. OR blaming the alliance for evil. Illidan, Kael (Via Garithos), Arthas, Maiev, Fandral, Leyara, even the Black Dragons via their hiding as the "Prestor" family.

My surprise will be all of -zero- if Blizzard goes back to the well for that.

Can't anyone see how fked Jaina is ?
    Betrayed by her beloved one ( Arthas ) , she couldn't do anything to get him back.
    Betrayed by her father , he was bombed to pieces , again she couldn't do anything.
    Betrayed by THRALL , because HE WAS THE ONE putting Garrosh in charge AND NOT MOVING A SINGLE FINGER to do anything to stop Garrosh.
    On a fucking sidenote, how does Thrall DARE to judge and even wanting to kill Garrosh, he wasn't present at all this xpac , this just terribad storytelling.

I understand her and for my part , Thrall was the one dishonoring the whole Horde , leaving them alone in this crisis and then daring to put judgement over Garrosh.
    He should leave the Horde dishonored and shameful and should go back fucking with his darn elements.

"Dismantle the Horde"? Thrall was in the room, what the actual fuck...

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    "Dismantle the Horde"? Thrall was in the room, what the actual fuck...
    Hey. At least he was present. Guess he was too busy with his wife, Marysue...wait. What was her name? I forget. Either way, he was too busy with his wife to involve himself in the actions of his successor.

Maybe he was being a father. That'd be interesting. I'm curious to see how his choice in follow up leaders translates into replacing diapers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otchinitenshi View Post
    Hey. At least he was present. Guess he was too busy with his wife, Marysue...wait. What was her name? I forget. Either way, he was too busy with his wife to involve himself in the actions of his successor.

Maybe he was being a father. That'd be interesting. I'm curious to see how his choice in follow up leaders translates into replacing diapers.
    Wow, you're pretty dramatic.