Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Changing from a night's sleep is also possible, but for Jaina, Theramore was the drop that changed her. Then, she even tried to forgive the Horde, and to her knowledge, she had her trust betrayed again. So there was actually an active reason for her to feel how she did and does. I personally would hate it if they made her a raid boss, especially if she became one before Sylvanas (priorities, guys!) just because she doesn't like the Horde.
    Don't touch Sylvanas!!! Someone that has "different" ways to go...and people want her death :S

Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    It's like they don't pay attention or anything, but form opinions regardless.

Those are fanbases for you. The 'Jaina'-hate thing has become kind of a bandwagon, and we know that when a fanbase is involved, people become huge sheople and jump onto that bandwagon whenever they can. Case in point: Death knight hate. Still around today, even though it shouldn't have been around for at least 4 years now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Belisaurio View Post
    Don't touch Sylvanas!!! Someone that has "different" ways to go...and people want her death :S
    Exact same here for Jaina.

Its fairly obvious that the war between the alliance and horde will switch to the eastern kingdom as the alliance attempts to reclaim gilneas. As a result they will probably attempt a beach head in hillsbrad and alterac culminating in the biggest fighting happening at the borders of silverpine with jaina attempting to establish a fleet on the lake there. If she succeeds than they would be in range to make a direct strike on Undercity without having to face the garrison outposts in silverpine or along the borders of tirisfall glades.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Someone mentioned that Jaina would be the new Medivh...I would actually be ok with this. I've made my peace with the annoying do gooder Jaina from pre-wow. People don't give them much credit for their writing, see this as non consistent, whatever...but there are classic themes in writing that they are using awfully well when placed into context with their entire IP's lore.

Jaina's descent, if it happens, will be juxtaposing her life with several characters around her. First of all, it will be an echo of what happened to Arthas. The corruption of someone so good they can't distinguish what is right anymore, which leaves them open. Then you have how her and Varian are mirrors going the opposite direction. She was strong enough to pull some people to a better position, but I don't think anyone will be strong enough to bring her back. And finally we have Sylvanas' Alliance counterpart.

Everyone has been waiting for Sylvanas to do something crazy, but I think they are doing a slow burn with her character. I think in the end we'll find out she really has had her people's best interests in mind, even if she's crazy. This tenuous stand off between factions won't last long and I can only imagine Jaina will be the catalyst to reignite the war.

Here's some crazy tin foil hat stuff:

1) What if Jaina locks herself away in Kara discovering mysteris of Medivh even we didn't see and ultimately ushers in the Burning Legion on Azeroth again?

2) What if she goes nuts, travels to Northrend and somehow murders Bolvar to become the Lich Queen? I know it sounds crazy, but where her head is at maybe she would go all the way back to Arthas and try and really understand what happened, wants to know what that power feels like. Someone who has tried to be in control for so long never being able to control anything...

All of these things are possibilities. We can laugh, but the fact that all of these elements are available and woven so closely in their previous narrative is so intriguing.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    I would rather see the Watchers/Wardens take Garrosh instead of the Pandaren.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmidgit View Post

100% agreed here.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Legion has always corrupted individuals adept at the use of magic. Why not use opposing forces to ready the full wrath of the legion. Jaina might have fingers pointed at her, but the eyes are towards Thrall and the new warchief,...I sense evil lurking in both sides in the upcoming expansion.

I saw a little bloodlust in Thrall's cinematic.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmidgit View Post
    The same wardens who secured Fandral Staghelm?

I call this "Jaina seeing what she will look like in 4 years"

Seriously Blizz, what the hell?

Just going to go out on a limb here and state the obvious. OP is a Horde fanboy and anyone stating the obvious solution after a capital city has been sacked is obviously evil.

Fact is Orgrimmar is the heart of the Horde War Machine. The Kor'Kron has been the only force that has pulled Horde forces out of the fire time and time again has been crushed. In Silverpine, Southern Barrens, Vashj'ir, Northrend etc they were the main force. After all thats been done especially to Theramore you can't possibly expect one person to say what everyone else is thinking INCLUDING Wrathion. Finish the Legendary Quest and see how pissed off Wrathion is he didn't follow Jaina's advice.

The Alliance/Horde Conflict is Azeroth's greatest strength and weakness. It makes both sides compete for strength yet leaves them vunerable to attack should a third party step in. Both Jaina and Wrathion simply don't see that both sides must keep there differences and learn to co-operate against the legion. That can't happen if the war turns into a genocidal rampage like Garrosh had in mind.

Varian just pulled a Goku and against better judgement(Jaina) let Vegeta(The Horde) off with a warning.

Deleted
    Jaina is far from Sylvanas who does not care for any other faction in the Horde. Jaina does not piss on the dwarfs or gnomes for that matter. Her anger and hate is understandable i think

Quote Originally Posted by Lastlivingsoul View Post
    After all thats been done especially to Theramore you can't possibly expect one person to say what everyone else is thinking INCLUDING Wrathion. Finish the Legendary Quest and see how pissed off Wrathion is he didn't follow Jaina's advice.
    That's a good point. If Jaina is now considered so crazy she must be executed, I guess we better kill Wrathion as well.

Or are only Alliance characters held to the "pacifist doormat" requirement?

Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    That's a good point. If Jaina is now considered so crazy she must be executed, I guess we better kill Wrathion as well.

Or are only Alliance characters held to the "pacifist doormat" requirement?
    Wait, someone ever thought Wrathion was a good or noble being? Because I would really love to talk to them about a good opportunity I have for them in buying the Brooklyn Bridge.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    While saying what Jaina did doesn't make one evil, she definitely seemed to break character. That leads me to believe that there is something else building. Maybe she is somehow corrupted or something.
    She acted well within her character. The thing is that sometimes people change, we used to call it "Character progression". Jaina progressed from peacemaker to pro-alliance.

Deleted
    It could just be bad writing. Blizzard isn't famous for their great story consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    She acted well within her character. The thing is that sometimes people change, we used to call it "Character progression". Jaina progressed from peacemaker to pro-alliance.
    I'd say she acts less pro-Alliance in the cinematic, and more anti-Horde. You can be pro-Alliance without trying to punish people who just finished helping you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly, I know this would never happen but he should have listened to her. Cut the head off the snake when you have the chance, don't let it regroup and come back to bite you again, for what? the 5th time? Let the people of the horde live in peace, but disband the army in it's entirty or at least absorb it into the Alliance's ranks.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Let's rejoice she is finally evil!

Since with Volj'in as warchief, this makes the horde probably good and due to Sylvanas inactivities on develpoing her evil agendas, its time to play the alliance toons. Now we only need to get rid of that pesky blue colour and turn it to a blood theme.

Btw, 4th specs are still in discussion? Blood Mages?^^

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xalzel View Post
    My prediction: Jaina is going to become the new Medivh. Garrosh is going to escape justice somehow, and that will cause her to become filled with hatred not only towards the Horde, but towards Varian as well. She'll teeter on the brink of sanity for an expack. But then, when Sargeras sets his eyes on Azeroth once again, he'll use her infinite arcane power and raw hatred to bring his armys to the planet.
    that she becomes the new medivh was allready my prediction, heh. :P

how many threads are there on this topic, anyways?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    Well, see, that's the thing, WoW ( hell, the entire Warcraft franchise) isn't known for it's subtle and nuanced character progression; if it looks like a spade in WoW then you can bet good money that it's going to be a spade. Hell, this is the climactic moment in SoO and the entire Garrosh storyline, which could have went multiple ways and instead went the most obvious route with Garrosh, with Vol'jin becoming the new Warchief (who didn't call that one?).
    Sure character's have their moments, but these tend to go against the grain and if a character's course has foundation, such as Jaina "slowly" getting more aggressive and unhinged after the bombing of Theramore , then you can't blame people given the general course of events in WoW for believing that this portends an "evil" future for her.
    I, myself, don't believe that she is going "evil", given her new role in the Kirin Tor, but I do think she will become a problem for the Alliance, and possibly the horde in some regard, as things take their course. And if she doesn't and Jaina's storyline is the one of the few nuanced cases of character progression in WoW, well you can't blame people for thinking otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    Well, see, that's the thing, WoW ( hell, the entire Warcraft franchise) isn't known for it's subtle and nuanced character progression; if it looks like a spade in WoW then you can bet good money that it's going to be a spade. Hell, this is the climactic moment in SoO and the entire Garrosh storyline, which could have went multiple ways and instead went the most obvious route with Garrosh, with Vol'jin becoming the new Warchief (who didn't call that one?).
    Sure character's have their moments, but these tend to go against the grain and if a character's course has foundation, such as Jaina "slowly" getting more aggressive and unhinged after the bombing of Theramore , then you can't blame people given the general course of events in WoW for believing that this portends an "evil" future for her.
    I, myself, don't believe that she is going "evil", given her new role in the Kirin Tor, but I do think she will become a problem for the Alliance, and possibly the horde in some regard, as things take their course. And if she doesn't and Jaina's storyline is the one of the few nuanced cases of character progression in WoW, well you can't blame people for thinking otherwise.
    We all predicted it, but take a look at the cinematic again...Voljin betrays the fact that Thrall is actually in charge, and he only "speaks" for the horde.

With that, magic has always been a corrupting force in the WoW universe and those with ample amounts end up being corrupted, no matter the alliance.

I sense both Thrall and Jaina have been influenced for the coming invasion.