1. #1
    Blademaster Greathoof's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    44

    Worth losing these stats for the 13163 HBP?

    So the 13631 HBP is actually reachable for me (Ilvl: 545).
    I reforged/regemmed and even changed 2 enchants to reach it.

    These are the stats i actually LOST:

    Spellpower: 422
    Mana regen: 1621
    Combat regen: 810
    Crit chance: 396
    Mastery: 8019 – (16.71%)
    Intellect: 419
    Spirit: 1436

    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Ukura/advanced

    I haven't actually tested it in a proper 10M environment, but what i've read is that benefits you gain from the HBP make up for the mastery loss.
    Anyone with some experience that can tell me more about it?

  2. #2
    The Patient Marcadius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    296
    Forgive me if im wrong but isn't our current hbp ~13000 haste?
    This bro quit the game but still loves the game and will be back for MoP!

  3. #3
    The mastery set up was .49% better throughput with 7.29% more MP5(887). I could bore you with the math but you shouldn't be able to notice a difference either way you go.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcadius View Post
    Forgive me if im wrong but isn't our current hbp ~13000 haste?
    The most important Haste Breakpoints are 3046 and 13163 for the extra ticks on Rejuv and Tranq. Any Haste within between these points provide less of a healing boost than just raw Mastery (Lifebloom gets refreshed so often it doesn't matter, some people glyph Regrowth and Wild Growth generally starts overhealing after half of its duration) but if you can't get to 3043 or 13163 from your gear I'd adjust to the closest Wild Growth breakpoint relevant to you.

    As for OP's question I can't really answer; the few leather drops we've seen drop in my guild have been spirit/crit or crit/mastery.

  5. #5
    Blademaster Greathoof's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by vow1152 View Post
    The mastery set up was .49% better throughput with 7.29% more MP5(887). I could bore you with the math but you shouldn't be able to notice a difference either way you go.
    I don't get it because according to this post: http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t130799-...6/#post2311454
    It should be an increase, not to even mention the 22.1% faster cast times.

  6. #6
    I set this up with your stats edited in to some of the formulas on the gear sheet. You won't be able to use it for anything but viewing this set up unless you know how to change the formulas back.

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...wYWRLamc#gid=0

    "Old Stats" shows your haste set up while "New Stats" shows the mastery.

    And yes it is possible to gain a very slight amount of healing from getting an extra cast in during high damage periods but with how much overhealing rejuv already does I don't find it to be of much value.

  7. #7
    I am no expert, but I gave up similar stats for it, and I would say a resounding "yes", it is worth it. (As long as you are OK with your regen. No mana = no heals = irrelevant math/theorycrafting.)

  8. #8
    Blademaster Greathoof's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by vow1152 View Post
    I set this up with your stats edited in to some of the formulas on the gear sheet. You won't be able to use it for anything but viewing this set up unless you know how to change the formulas back.

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...wYWRLamc#gid=0

    "Old Stats" shows your haste set up while "New Stats" shows the mastery.

    And yes it is possible to gain a very slight amount of healing from getting an extra cast in during high damage periods but with how much overhealing rejuv already does I don't find it to be of much value.
    Thanks for the sheet! that is definitely usefull, i am going to give the new HBP a try tonight and see how it works out.
    I am just wondering if the mastery that i lose is actually worth it in the end, because efflorescence is doing so much healing.
    And how did you calculate efflorescence, because with the 100% uptime it isn't really gaining any ticks right?
    Will the time between ticks just decrease?

  9. #9
    Yes, the time between ticks decreases with haste(excluding SoTF) which in turn adds ticks to the end.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •