Thread: Pvp in 5.4

  1. #1

    Pvp in 5.4

    In the previous patch we've seen the introduction of item scaling in bg and arena, and some ppl complained about world pvp, because as we all know pve item have a much higher item level than the pvp one.

    Of course a lot of players said that world pvp is dead and no one care, well this is not not my opinion but anyway wasnt a huge problem (not that it is now, but is really unfair)....so today and yesterday i've passed some time on the timeless isle, and lol, is like quel danas isle in Tbc, a small isle with some quest and alot of ppl farming chests/mobs where you cant use your flying mount.

    Here it come the good news, world pvp is back here and lol again, ppl in full pve gear are killing me in few second even with 75% resi (on the so claimed OP disc priest [my gear is the honor gear of the previous season]).

    So im watching this game, and it feels like pvp now is really a minigame, you cant go outside, you have to sit in bg queue or in the arena queue in the sanctunm or capitals.....tbh you can go outside and do some world pvp now, but is really unfair.

    The base resi for everyone is just not a good change (having pvp item level so low compared) but the game is so messed up in some ways that i cant even afford to suggest some changes.

    My point is, they've added a new perfect area for pvp, but again is not playable in pvp gear, and pvp keeps going on the minigame side.

    Well end of rant, resuscribed yesterday and maybe it was a huge mistake


  2. #2
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    65
    I never understood, why they made 75% resilience baseline EVERYWHERE. In my opinion, this resilience should only be activated in battlegrounds, arenas and so on.
    Or make it 40% baseline everywhere and let the 4piece pvp bonus/2 pvp trinkets raise it another 20% / 15%.

  3. #3
    The funny moment comes when one tank want to harass you, 800k hp brickwall with 70%+ resi that keep charging stunning interrupting, just to bother and him cant be killed at least in 3v1


  4. #4
    ive resorted to running around in camoflauge and ganking people killing mobs to get my coins.. otherwise my awesome pvp gear i worked hard for is completely fucking useless

  5. #5
    The Lightbringer Ermahgerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,410
    Quote Originally Posted by deathlich View Post
    ive resorted to running around in camoflauge and ganking people killing mobs to get my coins.. otherwise my awesome pvp gear i worked hard for is completely fucking useless
    Same here. Being a rogue in full PvP gear seeing PvE geared tanks everywhere is a pain in the ass.

  6. #6
    I've been running around timeless isle on my windwalker monk pulling out 1v2 and 1v3s against people with legendary capes. Obviously if I get jumped by a bunch of people in a group with a healer I'm going to die - but I'm not feeling the massive difference between PvP and PvE gear. I know there is a difference, and that PVErs have a gear advantage, but my talent choices, playstyle and knowledge still means I can pull out the win against almost anyone.

  7. #7
    i can understand what you mean but if isnt already happened to you doesnt mean that it cant happen, ele shaman playing an fps game i think shooted me 3-6 lava burst and with pve gear they do really more dmg.

    with the new pve tier this will be much worse imho


  8. #8
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
    i can understand what you mean but if isnt already happened to you doesnt mean that it cant happen, ele shaman playing an fps game i think shooted me 3-6 lava burst and with pve gear they do really more dmg.

    with the new pve tier this will be much worse imho
    this could have been me
    spreading FS on everything and everyone and simply spamming LB on one target wearing PvP gear and killing it without any trouble is sad. I should not be able to do that..

  9. #9
    I am Murloc! Baracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,598
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
    The funny moment comes when one tank want to harass you, 800k hp brickwall with 70%+ resi that keep charging stunning interrupting, just to bother and him cant be killed at least in 3v1
    You can't kill him because you haven't done the right preparations. Get Chi-ji's Hope, shoot a mob while having Book of the Ages buff so you get 8000 primary stat buff(works vs players) and stack Black Ash to throw at them (90% less healing) taken.

    Quote Originally Posted by dopefishz View Post
    this could have been me
    spreading FS on everything and everyone and simply spamming LB on one target wearing PvP gear and killing it without any trouble is sad. I should not be able to do that..
    Elemental shamans need to have lava surge nerfed like boomkins had shooting stars nerfed...
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

  10. #10
    Pit Lord DiscoGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Behind the Pillar
    Posts
    2,475
    overall wow is a mini game for me until ESO comes out lol

    i spent a couple hours on timeless isle. my realm is rougly 2/3 ally and 1/3 horde. i went through randomly doing quests and killing people with my disc pvp gear in shadow for about an hour(full tyranical). spent about another hour with my disc pve gear in shadow(LFR gear all from throne of thunder, cant remember exact ilvl). i noticed absolutely no difference at all. not cool.

    im rolling an enha sham alt. gona get the pvp weapons but try to get all decent pve gear and see if its truely a difference.
    Last edited by DiscoGhost; 2013-09-12 at 11:56 PM.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

    3DS FC: 0490-6077-6557
    Pokemon X/Y Dragon Type Friend Safari - Gabite/Noibat/Druddigon

  11. #11
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,706
    Quote Originally Posted by deathlich View Post
    ive resorted to running around in camoflauge and ganking people killing mobs to get my coins.. otherwise my awesome pvp gear i worked hard for is completely fucking useless
    Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    Same here. Being a rogue in full PvP gear seeing PvE geared tanks everywhere is a pain in the ass.
    I'll give you guys a tip: stand at the bottom of the bridge. People who jump down lack the legendary cloak and usually other gear as well, you often see people survive the jump with 10% health allowing you to instantly kill them and it's unlikely you'll face multiple people at once.

    Works best during peak hours.

  12. #12
    Pit Lord DiscoGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Behind the Pillar
    Posts
    2,475
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    I'll give you guys a tip: stand at the bottom of the bridge. People who jump down lack the legendary cloak and usually other gear as well, you often see people survive the jump with 10% health allowing you to instantly kill them and it's unlikely you'll face multiple people at once.

    Works best during peak hours.
    you are my favorite pvp mod ever.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

    3DS FC: 0490-6077-6557
    Pokemon X/Y Dragon Type Friend Safari - Gabite/Noibat/Druddigon

  13. #13
    Tbh how the hell are u dying , im a moonkin in full tyrannical and i can get away from 3 horde on me at once. World PvP is not arena , its NEVER meant to be fair lol.

  14. #14
    Fluffy Kitten Ultima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    3,194
    I've yet to die due to PvP on the Isle. Even took a guard down when I jumped a Prot Paladin during Xuen.

    Pick your fights better, makes some friends, learn (more about) your class/ spec, whatever. Also, are you not behind in PvP gear if you just returned?
    I heal in the Arena
    Retired Moderator - Priest and PvP
    You can follow me @UltimaMMO_C

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    I've yet to die due to PvP on the Isle. Even took a guard down when I jumped a Prot Paladin during Xuen.

    Pick your fights better, makes some friends, learn (more about) your class/ spec, whatever. Also, are you not behind in PvP gear if you just returned?
    Tell me what have to do the dmg i take and the pvp gear?
    My concerns are about the gap difference, and a perfect isle to do pvp is in fact in favor of pve player


  16. #16
    Being a ret nowadays is not fun hitting 16k with TW on players is not fun, even in full tyrannical gear...

  17. #17
    Fluffy Kitten Ultima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    3,194
    Demsi, you need to stop hitting other players with Time Warped Mages. Try using Templar's Verdict instead.

    Although, I did once design a class that dual-wielded Mages. He would whack the enemy with them while they spam-cast Pyroblast.
    I heal in the Arena
    Retired Moderator - Priest and PvP
    You can follow me @UltimaMMO_C

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •