Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    So what's next in WoW? This was the final boss right, and they haven't announced a new expansion?
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    When you play a video game, you don't put any "effort" into it at all. You're pushing keys on a keyboard, you're not running a marathon or playing a sport.

I think varian has 3 fingers and 1 thumb. Thrall has a normal human hand (aside from being green).

Watched it a few times and it's bugging me now...

Varian reminds me a lot of someone from DBZ, can't really say it's one character or another, but kinda leaning towards Vegeta. Not entirely sure if it's because of the spiky hair of the dramatic super serious voicing (which is to obviously be expected, but still).

Quote Originally Posted by Muezick View Post
    That was a little underwhelming.
    People hyped it up way too much. It was obvious that it was Vol'Jin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zheryn View Post
    So what's next in WoW? This was the final boss right, and they haven't announced a new expansion?
    Good thing Blizzcon is right around the corner! Expect expansion 5 then.

These were good cinematics to reveal Vol'jin. He is definitely the right leader for the Horde at this juncture.

Jaina is breaking bad in the Alliance version. She's quickly becoming the Alliance equal to Sylvannas.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    They really need to slap Warrior T2 onto Baine to make him look something

Quote Originally Posted by Straamibuu View Post
    Gah why do I always get the 30sec long ads before these I don't want to go on a family cruise liner!!!
    get AdBlock

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    Because they were terrible. Thrall acting completely out of character (suddenly he's judge, jury, and executioner, all so the Pandaren can come in and act all Thrall like). Then there was the dialogue that was apparently written by an 11 year old who thought he was being epic and awesome, but really wasn't. Not even remotely. Except to an 11 year old.

The only thing that remained a constant was Varian -- the original Thrall 2.0 -- being a useless douchebag full of hot air. But that's to be expected, especially with the 11 year old writing staff.
    hahah your so full of shit dude

Thrall had full right to act like that after what Garrosh have done, Garrosh killed Cairne(with help from the grimtotem tho), nearly destroyed the Horde, Thrall new during cata what big mistake he did by making Garrosh warchief, and wast any wrong Taran zu either, he also have full right to act like he did, sounds more like you are a alliance fanboy.

loved both Cinematics.

For The Horde

Deleted
    Wrynn was badass.

Jaina's look has been updated again and she is hot! hot! hot! If I was Wrynn, I'd do her good.

As for Vol'jin, he's meh...

Hmmm...why is Garrosh de-Old-God-ified? He was hulked before, purple n damn huge eyes everywhere. Thrall cleansed him?

Oh yeah, Thrall looked badass too, that's at least one thing I liked about the Horde side of the vids...too many people who have never played wc3 talk too much crap saying he's a wuzz.

What will Garrosh do now, learn humility, kung fu n then roundhouse kick Sargeras in the face?

Didn't think I could dislike Thrall anymore than I already did.....until this cinematic.

Quote Originally Posted by lanceb View Post
    Thrall had full right to act like that after what Garrosh have done, Garrosh killed Cairne(with help from the grimtotem tho), nearly destroyed the Horde, Thrall new during cata what big mistake he did by making Garrosh warchief, and wast any wrong Taran zu either, he also have full right to act like he did, sounds more like you are a alliance fanboy.
    Thrall would and should have been the one wanting to put Garrosh on trial for his crimes if the writers (and I'm using that word so very wrongly) weren't instead trying to force the Pandaren to sound enlightened. Doubly so now that he's found balance in his soul after the events of Cataclysm. Instead, he's a thug-headed executioner acting -- and here's the important phrase, so pay attention and feel free to pull out your dictionary if you need to -- completely out of character.

And I'm an Alliance fanboy who plays nothing but Horde characters and thinks Varian is a douchebag? Wow, I had no idea. Thanks for letting me know, Einstein.

loved both Cinematics.
    Not surprising since you're the 11 year old demographic they write for.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Maybe Varian understands the whole lesson of "Why do we fight"

Mantid need the Pandaren, Pandaren need the Mantid. It was explained in Valley of the Four Winds and in Dread Wastes. Mantid attack Pandaren, weak Mantid are culled, weak Pandaren are culled, the strong survive for another day.

Alliance needs the Horde. Horde needs the Alliance.

Alliance and Horde clash, the weak perish and the strong survive and thrive, for that one day when its "OH HOLY FUCKING SHIT THE BURNING LEGION IS BACK".
    I always found this reveal from the Pandaran to be disturbing. I had a hard time buying it. The Pandas were sold as this extremely wise race and we have this guy telling us how great it is that they (Pandarans) and Mantid murder each other endlessly because it culls the weak and this is a great thing, and its needed.

I get the whole 'tempered in the crucible of war' schtick, but how about .. i dunno ... co-operation? Just saying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    Thrall would and should have been the one wanting to put Garrosh on trial for his crimes if the writers (and I'm using that word so very wrongly) weren't instead trying to force the Pandaren to sound enlightened. Doubly so now that he's found balance in his soul after the events of Cataclysm. Instead, he's a thug-headed executioner acting -- and here's the important phrase, so pay attention and feel free to pull out your dictionary if you need to -- completely out of character.
    Right, like he put Blackmoore on trial, lol? He killed him and earth shock'd his entire castle, lol!

Clearly you have no clue..

Deleted
    It's been interesting to follow the Horde vs Alliance story and it's nice that Jaina has come to her senses and if they would have just removed the pandas and the asian theme from this expansion I would probably have played it.

Voljin was named the leader of the horde in the cinematic he was never called the warchief it may be that he will go by his original title but I may be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by lanceb View Post
    get AdBlock

- - - Updated - - -

hahah your so full of shit dude

loved both Cinematics.

For The Horde
    Thrall has done it before in Cycle of Hatred when he Killed Burx, an Orc chiefe warrior.

I think it fits the way Orcs do live.

"You have brought disgrace to Durotar, Burx. You have caused the dishonorable deaths of orc and troll and human warrior alike. This blight can only be eliminated by your death. As Warchief, it is my solemn duty to carry out that sentence." –Thrall's Final Words to Burx

* from wowpedia.org

I just feel sad after this cinematic, sad ebcause of Garrosh, we had alot of potential, and they really need to make him a ¨crazy evil evil monster¨

I hope for a redemption, killing main antagonist is not always good (Illidan even Arthas for all evil things he has done), people like those two, now Arthas,he's dead, alot of people are just not interested in warcraft anymore

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Varian best to back down, all the Horde leaders are in that room and could easily have been lit the fuck up. Literally, since Thrall was about to fuck him a new asshole anyways.

All hail Warchief Vol'Jin!
    So you want the Horde completely destroyed.The Horde is no shape to take on the Alliance any time soon.Garrosh made sure of that.
    "Chaos boils in my veins."

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, when everyone was bowing to Vol'jin, Sylvannas was like, "Whatevs. So bored."

Alliance looks so plain and dull.
    Horde looks eclectic and awesome.
    That is all.

I laughed when varian said he would end the horde. Hasn't he been trying that for years and has only been getting his butt kicked aka Theramore. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    Right, like he put Blackmoore on trial, lol? He killed him and earth shock'd his entire castle, lol!

Clearly you have no clue..
    Jesus, what about getting your lore straight before you make a fool out of yourself?

The Siege of Durnholde
    The next morning, Thrall's army surrounded the keep. As planned, Thrall attempted to parlay but when Blackmoore appeared on the parapet to speak with him it was immediately clear that he was sloshed to the gills, having drunk himself into a near-stupor. Thrall told Blackmoore that he wished for the rest of the imprisoned orcs to be freed and that he hoped bloodshed would not be necessary. He went on to say that they only wanted freedom and that they would leave the Alliance alone after they had it. But Blackmoore wasn't listening. Alternating between amusement, anger and grief (he honestly could not understand how Thrall could be so ungrateful after he had "given him everything"), Blackmoore began screaming his plans to everyone in earshot - his intent to use Thrall to take over the Alliance and become lord of all humans. When told once more to negotiate or die, Blackmoore answered Thrall by throwing the severed head of his dear friend, Taretha Foxton, from the castle wall to land at his feet.
    Blackmoore may have intended to break Thrall's spirit with this gesture, but much like when Orgrim Doomhammer killed Anduin Lothar to discourage the human forces, it had the complete opposite effect. It was too much for Thrall to take, and along with his profound grief at Taretha's fate came an elemental fury. The time for talk was over. He ordered his forces to attack and used the shamanistic magic he had learned against the defenders as well. Blackmoore retreated into the fortress, but Thrall tracked him down, engaging him in single combat. At first, Thrall allowed Blackmoore a fighting chance - the fight seemed to revitalize him, and he was able to hold his own against the raging Warchief. Blackmoore tried to explain, tried to convince Thrall to aid him, but Thrall filled with rage at remembering what Blackmoore had done to Taretha. Throwing his full strength into his attack, Thrall disarmed Blackmoore and forced him against a wall. Blackmoore attempted to make the best of it by drawing a dagger from his boot and slicing it across Thrall's face, narrowly missing his right eye. The Warchief sliced his massive sword down into the body of the master of Durnholde, forcing him to the ground. However, before life left the dying Blackmoore, he managed to say "You are... what I made you... I am so proud..." It is one of the great ironies of history that Blackmoore - intending to raise the orcs as an army to dominate the Alliance - had in fact paved the way for the restoration and revitalization of the Horde by raising Thrall.
    After Durnholde's surrender, Thrall allowed the survivors and their families to go free. Calling upon the Spirit of the Earth, Thrall leveled Durnholde and buried Aedelas Blackmoore beneath the rubble of his own fortress.