Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Opeth69 View Post
    were not supposed to as they have little else whereas we have decent cleave/burst aoe and raid cds on top
    Rogues have

1) Best ST of any melee. Their 'AOE spec' can do ST damage within spitting distance of assassination, as well as be on par with an arms' warrior AOE (at a certain # of targets).
    2) Smoke bomb.
    3) Gold standard on solo soaking mechanics.
    4) Feint and cheat death, pretty much the "fuck mechanics" buttons.

Rogues are far from having nothing but damage output.

From what ive seen so far were doing pretty good, arms without set is rage starved a bit on cleaving and arms/fury are pretty level single target until you start to get 560+ where fury will pull ahead quite a bit. Rogues and locks are trashing most people atm, spriests are also really strong and monks seem to be doing more aoe than arms but with single target of a rogue, think blizz was too busy nerfing arms 2 set to notice them. For single targets our raids have been locks > rogues > monks > warriors (mostly), for cleave fights its been locks >spriests> monks > warriors
    I dunno what you have been smoking but monks = rogue in single target? That's a pretty ridiculous claim tbh. I presume this could be due to :-

1) Disparity between rogue and monk skill level
    or
    2) Rogues doing mechanics on boss

There is no way a monk will pull equivalent single target dps comparable to a rogue. At least not in T15H gear. For the most part I would say single target monks are mid table at best. Single target monk dmg has taken a pretty hefty hit due to the mastery change and replacement of the ROR trinket (yes THAT trinket that has been propping the monks up throughout 5.3) and there is no way in T15H gear a monk can pull as much ST damage as a rogue in SoO. AOE monks have been ripping it up though imo.

Not a warrior but I would think warriors are in a good place at the moment. Mid table for single target and high tier for AOE fights coupled with incredible utility. Beats 5.3 hands down any day. Cheers to a good patch and if scaling is good, warriors would be really fun this tier.
    Last edited by Eunya; 2013-09-13 at 06:42 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by galvin View Post
    if some warrior can do 260k dps on a single target fight, show me a video please.
    our kill vid doesnt have a recount so i cant prove it, but i did 276k dps on malkarok(second on dps after a rogue).
    on the scorpion i did 267k.

overall im pretty happy with our dps at the moment.

the only fight where i wasent in top 5 was on thok cause i didint wanne get close to thok while he did his chase thing.

on garrosh i was top 3 dps till last phase. (cant link our garrosh kill vid but look for Aurora vs. Garrosh Hellscream 25 (Shadowpriest PoV) on youtube and u will find it)

Edit:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAPy75VA-rA
    Garrosh kill vid
    Last edited by mmoc713b5e3271; 2013-09-13 at 08:55 AM.

We're you TG or SMF on Malkorok kill and did you use Stormbolt or BB?

Quote Originally Posted by Mara403 View Post
    our kill vid doesnt have a recount so i cant prove it, but i did 276k dps on malkarok(second on dps after a rogue).
    on the scorpion i did 267k.

overall im pretty happy with our dps at the moment.

the only fight where i wasent in top 5 was on thok cause i didint wanne get close to thok while he did his chase thing.

on garrosh i was top 3 dps till last phase. (cant link our garrosh kill vid but look for Aurora vs. Garrosh Hellscream 25 (Shadowpriest PoV) on youtube and u will find it)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by senturion View Post
    We're you TG or SMF on Malkorok kill and did you use Stormbolt or BB?
    TG with the sha 2h (Warforged) and ToT council heroic in off hand. stormbolt without cdr trinket, no tricks or anything like that stuff

http://www.twitch.tv/spaceduck6/b/459932392, 1hour 15 min is the kill and i was wrong it was 274k
    Last edited by mmoc713b5e3271; 2013-09-13 at 09:00 AM.

TG with the sha 2h (Warforged) and ToT council heroic in off hand. stormbolt without cdr trinket, no tricks or anything like that stuff

http://www.twitch.tv/spaceduck6/b/459932392, 1hour 15 min is the kill and i was wrong it was 274k
    maybe I am the worst warrior ever but I don't think I could pull anywhere near that wit my new Sha main hand sword and a normal council sword for an off hand. I know you use storm bolt on CD so that it lines up with every second CS, but I'm just not seeing numbers that are really much higher than they were before with blood bath. The core rotation is still the same I've assumed until hearing these types of numbers in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Eunya View Post
    I dunno what you have been smoking but monks = rogue in single target? That's a pretty ridiculous claim tbh. I presume this could be due to :-

1) Disparity between rogue and monk skill level
    or
    2) Rogues doing mechanics on boss

There is no way a monk will pull equivalent single target dps comparable to a rogue. At least not in T15H gear. For the most part I would say single target monks are mid table at best. Single target monk dmg has taken a pretty hefty hit due to the mastery change and replacement of the ROR trinket (yes THAT trinket that has been propping the monks up throughout 5.3) and there is no way in T15H gear a monk can pull as much ST damage as a rogue in SoO. AOE monks have been ripping it up though imo.

Not a warrior but I would think warriors are in a good place at the moment. Mid table for single target and high tier for AOE fights coupled with incredible utility. Beats 5.3 hands down any day. Cheers to a good patch and if scaling is good, warriors would be really fun this tier.
    Well our last malkrok kill had rogue top on 301k then monk on 299k then rogue on 291k, our monk is consistently level or ahead of our rogues who are ahead of just about everyone single target, monks played well are as good as rogue atm ST pretty much from every fight ive seen and we have decent rogues. Iron jug for eg rogues were on 270k, 264k, monk was on 269k

10+ Year Old Account
    A skilled monk can hang with a rogue ST. The skill cap is just very high and great monk>>>>>>very good monk

Well damn i felt good about my dps until i started reading 300k single target in here. But regardless im happy thus far. going TG will help me out even more. Just need the drops now. But i was top 3 to top all night in our raid.
    Blizzcon 2010+2011+2013+2014+2015 Attendee!
    lvl-110 Zeush(Sen'jin) Orc Fury Warrior(bread and Butter) WATCH BIG CRITS! Raiding Guild Reality Series! http://www.bigcrits.com/site/index.php

Deleted
    well, global rank 1 on sha of pride \0/, bladestorm is hard !

Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post
    A skilled monk can hang with a rogue ST. The skill cap is just very high and great monk>>>>>>very good monk
    What makes a WW monk's skill cap so high? Outside of having a melee cast with Fists of Fury (which definitely would be annoying) and having that cooldown that reflects damage taken back on the boss. What else is there?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by galvin View Post
    Crit banner isn't enough. Our guild can do just fine without it. We'll be in heroic progression next week and we'll be taking rogues/hunters for sure. Yeah blizzard needs to buff rogues aoe and our single target. Already sent a tweet off to ghost crawler, but he'll probably say warriors are fine.

yeah I love our aoe but fear it may get nerfed.

If a warrior is losing their raid spot in any guild except a top 5, they are a bad warrior.

well, global rank 1 on sha of pride \0/, bladestorm is hard !
    is bladestorm up for every reflection ? If not im not sure if its worth it.
    Blizzcon 2010+2011+2013+2014+2015 Attendee!
    lvl-110 Zeush(Sen'jin) Orc Fury Warrior(bread and Butter) WATCH BIG CRITS! Raiding Guild Reality Series! http://www.bigcrits.com/site/index.php

Deleted
    yes it was

10+ Year Old Account
    WOL is working now.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    If a warrior is losing their raid spot in any guild except a top 5, they are a bad warrior.
    I love hyperbole as well!

I was top 1-5 on almost every fight with a mixture of arms/fury. I feel like both specs combined make warrior dps very competitive this tier.

Man, reading this thread makes me start to wonder if my decision to switch from Fury Warr to Ele Shaman was the best decision for fun.

Well our last malkrok kill had rogue top on 301k then monk on 299k then rogue on 291k, our monk is consistently level or ahead of our rogues who are ahead of just about everyone single target, monks played well are as good as rogue atm ST pretty much from every fight ive seen and we have decent rogues. Iron jug for eg rogues were on 270k, 264k, monk was on 269k
    Just curious, are your monks similarly geared as the rogues? T16 weapons will make the difference. In T15 H Jinrokh ( closest thing we have to single target) monks are comparable to rogues single target at best ( based on general WoL data ). In 5.4 with the new mastery change and replacing of the RoR trinket, monks who have been using it will be experiencing quite a significant dps loss entering 5.4, so it won't make sense for them to "comparable" to rogues in single target while in t15h gear.

World of logs has just been fixed, and we can see from initial rankings that rogues are just blowing everyone away in single target fights like malkorok or even iron jugg where they have soaking mechanics. Monks single target on the other hand is more in line or similar to that of fury warriors which is not a bad place too tbh. 5.4 placed warriors together with monk pretty closely at the start in terms of ST and hopefully gear scalin will be kinder to us and keep both classes from falling away.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalopy View Post
    Rogues have

1) Best ST of any melee. Their 'AOE spec' can do ST damage within spitting distance of assassination, as well as be on par with an arms' warrior AOE (at a certain # of targets).
    2) Smoke bomb.
    3) Gold standard on solo soaking mechanics.
    4) Feint and cheat death, pretty much the "fuck mechanics" buttons.

Rogues are far from having nothing but damage output.
    Single target, rogues totally dominate.

World of Logs shows Rogues totally dominant on single target, up to a ridicilous point. E.g. Juggernaut, beste rogue = 290k and many rogues are over 270k, best monk 240k, warrior 247k, enhancer 240k. So noone can aruge that rogues aren't over the top.

Once Raidbots works, i expect nothing else but rogues clearly dominating all other melees. And of course warlocks/mages on top.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfròst View Post
    Man, reading this thread makes me start to wonder if my decision to switch from Fury Warr to Ele Shaman was the best decision for fun.
    You switched to worst dps specc ingame for years now. So what did you expect?