Thread: 5.4 Fury Guide?

5.4 Fury Guide?

Would like to see an in depth guide for TG fury, is Stormbolt the only change to replace bloodbath?

10+ Year Old Account
    I was sitting at school for the most part and came to the conclusion of the deal between BB and SB:

SB is really great, one of the best changes they could've done to it. One downfall with the non-reduced CD of SB is that you don't pair up with CS almost every time. You don't get the fully benefit of EVERY CD usage from it. I don't have the math because I paper napkined it between classes.

BB is still really good in place of not having the CDR trinket, which is what I'm currently using as a test for fury. For Arms you will be BB anyways because SB isn't that great for it.

TL;DR: CDR trinket is needed to make SB worth while for fury in quick math notes. Will have to test thoroughly through Sim and other means before it's a definite answer otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakesterwars View Post
    I was sitting at school for the most part and came to the conclusion of the deal between BB and SB:

SB is really great, one of the best changes they could've done to it. One downfall with the non-reduced CD of SB is that you don't pair up with CS almost every time. You don't get the fully benefit of EVERY CD usage from it. I don't have the math because I paper napkined it between classes.

BB is still really good in place of not having the CDR trinket, which is what I'm currently using as a test for fury. For Arms you will be BB anyways because SB isn't that great for it.

TL;DR: CDR trinket is needed to make SB worth while for fury in quick math notes. Will have to test thoroughly through Sim and other means before it's a definite answer otherwise.
    I believe that this isn't correct, and SB is the better choice no matter what

10+ Year Old Account
    Like I said, it was napkin math and hypothetical with quick jots of notes from PTR experience. Obviously I can be wrong since I said I had no math behind it.

-Edit-

And that obviously is wrong with the new Sim release and person dummy testing after raid. Ignore my statements from before.
    Last edited by Jakesterwars; 2013-09-12 at 06:18 AM.

For pure single target TG, SB is worth taking over bloodbath, with or without CDR. It just gets better with CDR.

For SMF, it's not really better until a CDR trinket is equipped. It's a very very small increase from simulations, but I'd stick with bloodbath just for the ease of use factor until a CDR trinket is equipped.

On AoE, bloodbath will generally be better for both unless the targets die too quickly for bloodbath to tick fully.

For Arms, it's really not worth using ever.

Quote Originally Posted by CollisionTD View Post
    For pure single target TG, SB is worth taking over bloodbath, with or without CDR. It just gets better with CDR.

For SMF, it's not really better until a CDR trinket is equipped. It's a very very small increase from simulations, but I'd stick with bloodbath just for the ease of use factor until a CDR trinket is equipped.

On AoE, bloodbath will generally be better for both unless the targets die too quickly for bloodbath to tick fully.

For Arms, it's really not worth using ever.
    Collision could you clarify this question for me? seems there is a lot of contradictory things being said. For SB without CD reduction, should we delay CS to use SB with it always? or should we do it every other?

Whats wrong with Execute not critting seriously? With over 42% crit unbuffed I just did 100 executes on the dummy and only 22 were crits. It was like this before 5.4 and they didn't fix anything.

Without CDR use 1st Stormbolt in opener inside CS; 2nd Stormbolt outside CS once its off CD. 3rd Stormbolt will fall back in with your 4th CS (the 1m mark).
    If you try to delay either Stormbolt or CS to fit together every time, you will end up missing a lot of uses. Don't bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Without CDR use 1st Stormbolt in opener inside CS; 2nd Stormbolt outside CS once its off CD. 3rd Stormbolt will fall back in with your 4th CS (the 1m mark).
    If you try to delay either Stormbolt or CS to fit together every time, you will end up missing a lot of uses. Don't bother.
    thank you mate, still getting used to the new button

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzakid2093 View Post
    Collision could you clarify this question for me? seems there is a lot of contradictory things being said. For SB without CD reduction, should we delay CS to use SB with it always? or should we do it every other?
    That was answered in the other thread somewhere already. Use SB when ready = every 2nd CS