Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    For arcane ST it really only does like 4-5% for me. When I add cleave it's a lot more. However I still manage to get to the top of the charts.

It's pretty substantial, but remember that everyone can have one. No big balance issues, especially with how all the DPS procs are essentially the same thing delivered in a slightly different way.

10+ Year Old Account
    8 - 10% as frost. it'll be interesting to see if they do any adjustments. I hope not, worked damn hard for this thing.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by ssviolett View Post
    Proc from this back provides me no less than 7-8% of my total dps - that is a lot from a single item, even legendary one. This reminds me situation with Dragonwrath - I, as many staff users, was pissed off, after Blizzard decided item is too good for being so availible to everyone.
    I thought proc chance was reduced by 2 times, but seems it didnt happen.
    I'm afraid this thing will be nerfed very soon.
    Thoughts?
    But this is all on AoE. ST, it's much weaker.

Plus, why nerf PvE? It just hurts raid damage.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenbud View Post
    Through the first 7 bosses my cloak was 7% of my total, definitely not OP for a legendary seeing how Shadowmourne, Fangs and T Wrath were over 10% dps increases.
    Well, after a nerf LEGENDARY staff become as cool as you should replace it with a weapon just a tier higher (Deathwing weapons). While the back is way ahead of any other back from SoO.
    But I hope Blizzard learned from this mistake and wont do it anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post

Plus, why nerf PvE? It just hurts raid damage.
    Because it is Blizzard view on the game - you should not stick to an item, title or mount and need to play constantly to get better things for competition.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pulski View Post
    Cloak now does more damage single target than Combustion in the sim. This doesn't annoy me... at all... not a bit... nope nope nope... *chews on keyboard*

Edit: 5.7% from Combustion, 6.1% from the cloak.
    lolz

Too bad WoL does not work :\ I hope it will get fixed till next CD

Quote Originally Posted by Zavri View Post
    It seems really random as arcane, sometimes it would be 10-12% of my damage other times around 5%
    Ive yet to see it go under 7% of my damage for a fight. It has been 7-14%.

Warlock in my team had it at 21% for galakras lol.

It already has been nerfed FYI. They capped the number of targets it hits in the area.

edit: I raid as arcane btw.

Well, after a nerf LEGENDARY staff become as cool as you should replace it with a weapon just a tier higher (Deathwing weapons). While the back is way ahead of any other back from SoO.
    That... wasn't a mistake?
    They did that entirely intentionally and achieved what they wanted to...

SoO is not a tier higher than the tier you get the legendary cloak. It is the same tier.

Deleted
    WoL is a bit buggy, but you can easily analyse everything as before 5.4. Just zoom in your logs and you can narrow down to the boss fights and see the stuff you want to know. Use the exit "Analyse" and select a boss makes it even easier.

But for example, Iron Juggernaut yesterday:

Essence of Yu'lon 3962751 5.6 %
    Combustion 3345796 4.7 %

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/z...&s=4343&e=4744

Deleted
    Cloak now does more damage single target than Combustion in the sim. This doesn't annoy me... at all... not a bit... nope nope nope... *chews on keyboard*

Ye same DPS in 5.3 with combustion only as we have now in 5.4 with combustion + cloak ....but e got a nice visual effect from the cloak ...Hooooraaaayyy

Cheers
    Harry's

Cloak during combustion is just insane....

On our first group's Garrosh kill my cloak did 9% of my damage.

Check the below image taken from WoL for an 18 second section though (on the pull with combustion spread, all trinkets, meta, BL etc):

Fun huh!

They probably won't nerf it, because have cloaks, no one is overpowered. It was something else with the legendary staff, since only a handfull of classes used it, that might make those classes overpowered compared to the none staff users.
    “The north still reeks of undeath. Our homelands lay in ruin. Pandaria oozes our hatred and doubt. What hope is there for this world when the Burning Legion again lands upon our shores?” - Eric Thibeau

Quote Originally Posted by ToTheTop View Post
    I think the only cloack proc that deserves a nerf is the hunter one.
    Please... Hunter DPS is already mediocre at best. It made more sense to give Hunters the Melee proc instead of Caster.

Edit: Checking my BM log on Thok, Cloak was 3.1% of all of my damage, hardly OP compared to what you Mages get(over 7%). Checked Spoils as BM, about 3.6% of our DPS. SO OP MAN....
    Last edited by Tehterokkar; 2013-09-14 at 01:03 AM.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Items

Effects for Legendary cloaks no longer activate while fighting against other players.
    Well there's the nerf for you, Doubt it will get any PvE nerfs though, unless it proves too strong for some classes that are already too big on damage, and what I've seen from mage damage, I wouldn't expect a nerf just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Please... Hunter DPS is already mediocre at best. It made more sense to give Hunters the Melee proc instead of Caster.

Edit: Checking my BM log on Thok, Cloak was 3.1% of all of my damage, hardly OP compared to what you Mages get(over 7%). Checked Spoils as BM, about 3.6% of our DPS. SO OP MAN....
    Mages don't have over 7% cloak dmg single target at least as Arcane. Immerseus and Sha of Pride in Flex with my guild on Tuesday had it at 4.5-5% of my damage. Don't have logs from regular cause we weren't logging because WoL not being up yet, but in general it was 4-5% on ST and 8-10% on cleave/AoE.

-snip-

Because it is Blizzard view on the game - you should not stick to an item, title or mount and need to play constantly to get better things for competition.

-snip-
    Yeah usually but not when it comes to a legendary. It is and will be the best cloak in the game for the rest of the expansion, and it should be.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

lolz

lol what? legendary staff is miles ahead of deathwing's weapons. shit even staff from that shaman bitch was better than deathwing weapons. i dont know what game you were playing, but you were probably playing the wrong game just sayin if u no what im sayin
    #1 fire mage US. u mirin'?
    "Aaah ah ah ah ah ah ah yea, f*ck me, ah, f*ck, aah yeah"
    - Jenna Jameson

Well, the caster dagger was kinda nice. The staff was utter crap, though.
    Not stick permanently. You won't switch it this tier, though, as there literally are no upgrades to the cloak at all.

I doubt it will be nerfed much, if at all, though. The problem with DTR was that it shifted the physical/caster balance heavily towards casters. Since the cloak is available to everyone, that is not a problem.

Deleted
    7.4% on Dark Shamans, fire mage.

I like the cape a lot, but I haven't seen high cloak numbers yet.

Even on our 5+ Galakras tries that made it to the end phase (and one kill ofc) my cloak did an average of 7.5-8% damage. I think the cape is fine as it is, at least based on my own experience.

10+ Year Old Account

This, this this this. They should just make Combustion a dot we can apply whenever.. Like a Warlock curse or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Preheet View Post
    This, this this this. They should just make Combustion a dot we can apply whenever.. Like a Warlock curse or something.
    Even in its nerfed state where it hurts the boss about as much as if I just kind of farted on them and lit it with a match, I think a Combustion that inherits a pitiful amount of my ignite ticks is still a more interesting spell than "hey yeah just keep this dot up 24/7", especially as we already have one of those spells.