Page 1 of 60
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Why do we still denie the existence of extraterrestrials

I am not the biggest UFO or alien manic. But recently I have been thinking about it more and more. I mean even some government officials in the US and Canada have even said that they believe in the existence of aliens. So why do we keep saying no to aliens even though average US and Canadians citizens are finding out more and more about this.

Deleted
    why do we know that water is wet ? Because we have empirical evidence of it.
    until we have evidence of life on another planet, Even microbial then we cannot say scientifically that Alien life exists.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the same reason people on a large scale deny the existence of the paranormal yet many individuals believe. No doubt there are thousands of truly bizarre and unexplained (not unexplainable per say, just unexplained) phenomena all over the world, but as it is by nature an unknown, it is hard to validate and categorize.

Other reasons may include the distance between star systems far too great to travel between, but 100 years ago people would swear up and down the street that information could not be transported instantly to and from any household in the world. It is difficult to predict how far innovation can peak, even if star traveling technology may be millennia away from humans currently.

I don't deny the existence of life alien to our little planet. o.O

Then again, I also haven't encountered any myself. But considering the size of the ever-growing universe, I don't think it's terribly far-fetched to say that we're not alone.

Obama, McCain and Kerry confirmed as reptilian agents.

Simply because there is no proof.
    Any evidence so far is circumstantial or inconclusive, and so can really be hard for some to put faith in what is repeatedly a lot of nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    why do we know that water is wet ? Because we have empirical evidence of it.
    until we have evidence of life on another planet, Even microbial then we cannot say scientifically that Alien life exists.
    Well Microbial is what we come from so I mean they could be starting a new evolution of life.

I think denying that it exists is kind of stupid. I think claiming we will ever see it is even more idiotic, however. The universe is massive, so massive in fact that even if we moved at light speed a human would die far before they got near the end of it. Even if there is life somewhere else (which in all likelihood there is) the odds of us ever finding it is amazingly small.

And aliens coming to this planet is almost impossible. If they ever do we'll be so screwed it isn't even funny, so I guess it's good that they most likely never will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because of Religions.

To answer your title without reading or watching, because calling foreigners aliens from another planet is mean.

To answer your question after reading and watching. Because it's amazingly hard for 6biillion+humans to believe in aliens without proof..."cough"

Deleted
    I don't know who "we" are but I definitely think there are aliens. Just that a blurry photo of a smudge taken by a random person isn't it.

Even if there are Extraterrestrials, people seem to not realise the true vastness of the universe. The nearest star outside our solar system is 4 LIGHT YEARS AWAY. Light travels at about 186 thousand miles per second.. even at that speed it would take us a couple of years just to get out of the solar system (depending where you measure the boundary of the solar system) and as far as we know so far, nothing travels faster then the speed of light..atleast not in the observable universe. So any intelligent alien species are gonna have a bitch of a time getting here, from literally anywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to admit that the possibility of us being the only intelligent beings in the entire universe is tiny, I don't believe in little green marsmen. I also don't believe we will ever make contact with such beings. The only proof of life we will ever find on other planets is going to be water, ice and maybe bacteria. That's what I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    I think denying that it exists is kind of stupid. I think claiming we will ever see it is even more idiotic, however. The universe is massive, so massive in fact that even if we moved at light speed a human would die far before they got near the end of it. Even if there is life somewhere else (which in all likelihood there is) the odds of us ever finding it is amazingly small.

And aliens coming to this planet is almost impossible. If they ever do we'll be so screwed it isn't even funny, so I guess it's good that they most likely never will.
    Too many assumptions.

Quote Originally Posted by CapM View Post
    I have to admit that the possibility of us being the only intelligent beings in the entire universe is tiny, I don't believe in little green marsmen. I also don't believe we will ever make contact with such beings. The only proof of life we will ever find on other planets is going to be water, ice and maybe bacteria. That's what I believe.
    Well, bacteria proves live while water and ice simply suggest it.

Aliens probably exist, but until we have actual evidence of them, we have no reason to believe they do, or that they've visited earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Too many assumptions.
    Not really. Assuming there's life in the universe somewhere is really not even an assumption. It's too big of a place for there to not be life. On top of that, assuming that we will never find it or that it will never find us is also not really an assumption, because of how huge the universe is and if there was anything particularly close to us we'd have found it by now.

The only assumption is that if alien life ever came to Earth we would be screwed, but let's look at the history and the fact that every time one group of people "discover" a new land they kill everyone in the area (I'm looking at you Columbus) and if they manage to get to Earth it means they're hundreds of years more advanced than we are, so we'd really have no chance at all.

Show me where in the bible it says aliens exist...can't? Thought so.

Quote Originally Posted by PeggBundy View Post
    Show me where in the bible it says aliens exist...can't? Thought so.
    I was going to post something funny, but I could never beat this.

OP: read "Cosmos" by Carl Sagan.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

10+ Year Old Account
    That youtube vid is BS - if you listen to his speech, it's pretty clear he's part of the organization that uses the 'golden rule' as a tool of social mobilization. Also, aliens using telepathy? Sure. Looking like hominids? Yeah ok.

I have no doubt that aliens exist. But they aren't in the forms we keep portraying them as.