Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Huh. At the end of season 5, Rachel claims she doesn't embarrass easily, after Ross sees her naked through the window. Fast forward a few episodes, and Rachel lies to stop running with Phoebe, because she's embarrassed by phoebe's odd running style. She's not embarrassed by her good friend, but she is by random strangers?
    To tell you the truth people care more of what strangers think of you then your friends, your friends you can talk to them about it but strangers you have no idea how they would react.

Yeah. The worst one was when she hooked up with Ross. I did enjoy the end though, where she left him because HE annoyed HER.
    That was funny:}.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Yeah she got wrapped up well, at least. Oh well, my favorite character on that show will always be Chandler. And occasionallly Chandler/Joey's relationship!
    I think Chandler was the most average of all of them, besides maybe his parents:P. He was my favorite as well.

Definitely. Chandler carried the show. No matter how much they loved each other, how much they demanded they all make the same money, and how much the original idea was Rachel, Ross, Monica, and Joey and the main focus, Chandler will always be the central point of the show.
    I think he ended up having the most connections to each character. He was friends with Ross since a kid and knew Monica and Rachel, and he is roomates with Joey.
    Last edited by apepi; 2013-09-18 at 08:04 AM.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I think he ended up having the most connections to each character. He was friends with Ross since a kid and knew Monica and Rachel, and he is roomates with Joey.
    We still don't know how Monica and Phoebe met.

We still don't know how Monica and Phoebe met.
    They met through a Roommate matching service.

Also Chandler didn't meet Ross until College where they were roommates.

And a short one. That episode was a two-parter. In part one, Chandler is embarrassed to be seen with Joey, and overall is just being grouchy. They split up. Next episode, Joey is super homesick, and Chandler's the one telling him to relax and enjoy himself. It's a weird thing to have each character go to opposite extremes so quickly. Mostly Chandler, because it's a common thing to get homesick.
    I'm pretty sure that's because inbetween part I and II, Chandler slept with Monica for the first time.

Also, Chandler Bing for the carrying of the whole show, and it's been evident since post-Friends that Matthew Perry is the best of the lot. Even though he hasn't had a lot of actual success, he's had lots of critical success, and I loved Studio 60, Mr. Sunshine (another short lived one) and most of the stuff he's been in.

And just to stir up some shit: It's obvious Ross and Rachel were on a break, right? I mean, she literally said, "I think we need to take a break...."<pause for Ross's dialogue about ice cream>"...from us." I've broken up with enough women to know what that means.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I really liked Monica/Chandler, they were both super neurotic and perfect for each other. Ross and Rachel always grated on me a bit, but I think it's because they could both be so dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    And just to stir up some shit: It's obvious Ross and Rachel were on a break, right? I mean, she literally said, "I think we need to take a break...."<pause for Ross's dialogue about ice cream>"...from us." I've broken up with enough women to know what that means.
    Most definitely and to top it off Ross didn't sleep with the other girl until after he heard Mark, the guy he already thought had a thing for Rachel, at her apartment when he called. As much as I don't like Ross all that crap was Rachel's fault as far as I'm concerned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Of course. Hugh Laurie deemed it so.

Rachel, is literally the single worst character in really any show I've ever watched. She was along with Ross the main focal point of the show, and yet portrayed by far the worst qualities of every other character, and garnered the least laughs as a main character in a sitcom.

As far as favorites go, Chandler>Joey(very close, but chandler carried too many episodes)>Monica>Ross>Phoebe>Rachel. really the Rachel/Ross storyline was terrible and to make it worse it took up the majority of the show. It also angered me how throughout it all, Rachel always came out, at least in the eyes of the rest of the show characters as the victim of big bad Ross, when in fact i can't think of a single example of when Ross did something nearly as bad as her.

For a show i hold so dear, thinking back they did pretty bad as far as writing and character building go, but Matthew Perry to the rescue!

Deleted
    Chandler is by far my favorite character aswell! I love it when he is trapped in the bank vestibule with the Victoria secret model "gum would be perfection"

So....10 seasons of friends, just 2 pages of posts. Only conclusions? Chandler carried the show, and Rachel was at fault for...almost everything.

Deleted
    Ross should have ended up with Monica imo. That would be hot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthThrall View Post
    Ross should have ended up with Monica imo. That would be hot.
    Wat....? I think the chandler and Monica story was perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Wat....? I think the chandler and Monica story was perfect!
    Think he was just trying to be gross

Deleted
    It had some great moments in the earlier seasons, Phoebe was always the funniest. Sadly it went to shit about midway, I stopped watching it but did watch the final episode.

Some of the great moments were when Ross called Emily "Rachel", and when Rachel kisses Ross after seeing the Prom video.

Worst of the main 6 was probably Chandler, never found him funny because he was supposed to be the funny guy in their world which made him unfunny as a viewer. He didn't carry the show at all.

I'd say nobody carried the show, it had a lot of different things and people watched it for different reasons. You could argue that the Ross and Rachel story carried the show. Or Jennifer Aniston did (remember the Rachel haircut that women went crazy for?).
    Last edited by mmocbd02567a48; 2013-09-26 at 12:11 PM.