Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    i think that if they had a way to contact you ahead of time (phone number ect) and didn't bother to try then they're in the wrong, however if they had no way of contacting you even had they wanted too.. the blame would be your own. Though i guess if they had no way to contact you and still didn't even bother trying then the blame is equal i guess.

  2. #22
    Stood in the Fire Seiken3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post
    I like how you conveniently ignore every post that disagrees with your stance - only replying to those who at least acknowledge you are "right" in this situation.

    Why even make this post when you know what to do? You obviously aren't here for opinions on the subject, just trying to find people that agree with you so your conscience doesn't feel bad.

    I really hate how you cite all sorts of good stuff about yourself (loyalty, preparedness, etc etc) in the OP, then turn around and show your true side in this thread. They are at fault for raiding without you, but you are a douche for coming to the forums with this garbage for self-esteem instead of talking to your GM about what they did (Yeah, you could actually TALK to them about it and let them know it wasn't cool, that's an actual solution, you know?).

    Take this crap out of here. I don't know how you are as a player obviously but I can tell you I agree with some people in this thread - if you were in my guild I wouldn't give two shits about you as a person just from reading this thread.
    To make it short with you; So far most people who have been agreeing with me makes it constructive. Stating "You obviously aren't here for opinions on the subject, just trying to find people that agree with you so your conscience doesn't feel bad. " so you appear to say something smart isn't really necessary, and it's a humanly instinct to do so in the time like this for me.

    As the post on top suggests; I'm looking for people with similar experience, not those who disagree.
    Love without pain isn't really romance.

  3. #23
    Mechagnome Serenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    This is a secret :o
    Posts
    683
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiken3 View Post
    Indeed. Over my years of raiding, I've seen great guilds rise, and great guilds fall. From 10man noob-wiping to 25-man heroic raiding. I've been in many different roles; Trial, social, alt(lol), member, core raider, veteran, officer, raid leader, guild leader, etc etc.

    When I first noticed the signs of unhealthy environment in the guild, I saw their "story" flash before me. I've been in the guild like it before, but had it collapsing around me. Wanting to help, I try to reach out, but with a leader not willing to learn... :/ One can't do much. "A good leader must learn to obey first"

    - - - Updated - - -



    I'm one of their core members with 525+ and have been in their guild for a while.
    Oh that's nice, I just think I've read somewhere in your original post that you are new to this guild and that you had taken a break for sometime so maybe that's why they didn't feel guilty for not taking you.

    As I said before, if this goes on they don't worth your time, if you have 525 ilvl and some decent experience you can get yourself another guild for sure. (Aren't priests really nice healers?)

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiken3 View Post
    To make it short with you; So far most people who have been agreeing with me makes it constructive. Stating "You obviously aren't here for opinions on the subject, just trying to find people that agree with you so your conscience doesn't feel bad. " so you appear to say something smart isn't really necessary, and it's a humanly instinct to do so in the time like this for me.

    As the post on top suggests; I'm looking for people with similar experience, not those who disagree.
    People who disagreed with you also posted constructively. Also, the person you quoted gave you excellent feedback.

    Since you seem to be discounting half of the posts in this thread, I am unsubscribing from your updates; good luck to you in the future.

  5. #25
    Stood in the Fire Seiken3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenia View Post
    Oh that's nice, I just think I've read somewhere in your original post that you are new to this guild and that you had taken a break for sometime so maybe that's why they didn't feel guilty for not taking you.

    As I said before, if this goes on they don't worth your time, if you have 525 ilvl and some decent experience you can get yourself another guild for sure. (Aren't priests really nice healers?)
    Fixed it for you Cheers for the headsup on that one, I can see why it could be confusing for some people. I like to believe I am not doing too shabby on the meters, although I am disc, so I am perhaps not meant to top them either. I'll be looking!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    People who disagreed with you also posted constructively. Also, the person you quoted gave you excellent feedback.

    Since you seem to be discounting half of the posts in this thread, I am unsubscribing from your updates; good luck to you in the future.
    Doing as I said in the post earlier. Cheers!
    Love without pain isn't really romance.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Have you ever waited for present on New Year from your friends, then received it only to find out that it is empty box from chocolate, which was eaten by those who gave you such "present" and who couldn't wait to eat it with you? Sure, there is nothing groundbreaking in that, just an example of foul attitude and treating others as a tools rather than friends.
    Perhaps somewhat unsurprisingly, no i have not experienced that. Dont think its a reasonable comparison either.

    Well to be completely honest, a sensible leadership would of thought about this beforehand and informed guildies about an extra run on wednesday to see new content, i give you as much. A flex raid instead of normal mode would have been perfect fit to let people try out new stuff. However, the way the issue is presented by OP, makes me think he is one of those guys who expects whole world to revolve around him.

  7. #27
    Stood in the Fire Seiken3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    406
    They killed only 3. They went with several socials and wasn't able to down more. I would imagine they downing a lot more tonight since it's a raid-day and actual raiders shows up during that day :P
    Love without pain isn't really romance.

  8. #28
    Mechagnome Serenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    This is a secret :o
    Posts
    683
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiken3 View Post
    Fixed it for you Cheers for the headsup on that one, I can see why it could be confusing for some people. I like to believe I am not doing too shabby on the meters, although I am disc, so I am perhaps not meant to top them either. I'll be looking!

    - - - Updated - - -



    Doing as I said in the post earlier. Cheers!
    Don't worry, all healers are decent and I'm sure you know how be a decent one. Good luck in finding a new guild or figuring things out with your current one. Just don't let them worry you so much, it makes your whole WoW experience a whole lot worse. I know because I've been on that spot 2-3 times now. Have fun!

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Shil3n View Post
    Perhaps somewhat unsurprisingly, no i have not experienced that. Dont think its a reasonable comparison either.

    Well to be completely honest, a sensible leadership would of thought about this beforehand and informed guildies about an extra run on wednesday to see new content, i give you as much. A flex raid instead of normal mode would have been perfect fit to let people try out new stuff. However, the way the issue is presented by OP, makes me think he is one of those guys who expects whole world to revolve around him.
    In fairness we do not know whether the guild/raid leader did or did not inform the guild of an extra run.

  10. #30
    Stood in the Fire Seiken3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by Shil3n View Post
    Perhaps somewhat unsurprisingly, no i have not experienced that. Dont think its a reasonable comparison either.

    Well to be completely honest, a sensible leadership would of thought about this beforehand and informed guildies about an extra run on wednesday to see new content, i give you as much. A flex raid instead of normal mode would have been perfect fit to let people try out new stuff. However, the way the issue is presented by OP, makes me think he is one of those guys who expects whole world to revolve around him.
    Wait, what...? It doesn't? Well I'll be damned...

    In all seriousness, though; I might not have the best way of describing things, but you seem to have understood what I wanted to say. The sensible leadership is next to only raid-focused. The kind that forces players to play classes, specs they don't want to just for the sake of the raid. It being a raiding guild is one thing, but it's important that the raiders feel valued. "A greenhouse can have plants. But without air, and water, the plants will wither and die. Still a greenhouse, though!... oh wait"

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    In fairness we do not know whether the guild/raid leader did or did not inform the guild of an extra run.
    Allow me to unshroud that for you; There was no information that there was going to be raiding happening in SoO that day. Or perhaps.... it was! And I was the only one left out! Because I didn't shield the GM that one time during Heroic Sha of Fear! Perhaps.. It's all conspiracy?!

    But no, no info.
    Love without pain isn't really romance.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiken3 View Post
    They killed only 3. They went with several socials and wasn't able to down more. I would imagine they downing a lot more tonight since it's a raid-day and actual raiders shows up during that day :P
    So they decided to screw over their actual progression raiders and kill bosses without them on a non-raid night with socials? Did they say why they did that?

  12. #32
    Why werent you online on a patch day if you wait for SoO for ages??

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    OP, I wouldn't waste time in this guild, and would start seeking for other. I wouldn't also say anything about intention to change guild to your current guildies. They showed that they don't care about you as guildie/friend but only as a tool. There are many guilds who value loyalty over "asap rush rush to get to new bosses, screw friends, there are new PIXELS!".

    Have you ever waited for present on New Year from your friends, then received it only to find out that it is empty box from chocolate, which was eaten by those who gave you such "present" and who couldn't wait to eat it with you? Sure, there is nothing groundbreaking in that, just an example of foul attitude and treating others as a tools rather than friends.

    If raids were resetting on daily basis and were very pug-friendly in totally friendly community - there is nothing wrong in "spontaneous" approach. But as it doesn't work this way, especially for New raid content, I'll have to redirect you to example with chocolate above.
    If I would get a hint of you having this attitude then I would not hesitate at all to kick you from my guild.

    The OP has no right at all to demand anything like this. Even if he is a loyal player for 10 years and sucked the guildleaders dick. There are 24 other players to think about if the occasion arises and you are able to do a spontaneous raid you should take it.

    Please leave if you don't agree. No one wants selfish asshats in their guild.

  14. #34
    I guess your guild was just really excited about the new content =) I also bet most of them were on too! They should of just did the Flex raid. It sucks you weren't on but I wouldn't take it personal. I'm gonna assume theirs a lot more people from your guild that feels the same way.

    Raid leaders are not alway perfect.

  15. #35
    Brewmaster cyqu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Where the pros reside
    Posts
    1,318
    you were late, they have raid times. are you that ignorant to think its alright to have 9 or 24 people wait around for you, just because you wanted to see SoO? so did the other members and there world doesn't stop because your not there.
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiken3 View Post
    Allow me to unshroud that for you; There was no information that there was going to be raiding happening in SoO that day. Or perhaps.... it was! And I was the only one left out! Because I didn't shield the GM that one time during Heroic Sha of Fear! Perhaps.. It's all conspiracy?!

    But no, no info.
    Without the guild leader's side of the story it is impossible for us to know but in all honesty I don't actually care one way or another. You have a choice stay with the guild or leave however I feeling that whatever decision you take you will find yourself the centre of some other drama in the not too distant future.

  17. #37
    Pandaren Monk vep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    1,883
    The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
    And even though it's reached new heights, I rather like the restless nights. It makes me wonder, makes me think there's more to this, I'm on the brink. It's not the fear of what's beyond, it's just that I might not respond! I have an interest, almost craving, would I like to get to far in?!

  18. #38
    Our guild sometimes has additional raids if we're pushing for progress, going from three raids to five nights a week. We're not an extremely good guild, so we like to try to clear normal as fast as we can in order to get onto heroics ASAP (We don't have the luxury of knowing that we're gonna beat it week 1). If we do have them though, they'll be on the calendar at least a few days in advance. If it looks like we'll have enough people, we'll set up the raid - These optional raid days are never at the start of the week though, we raid Wed/Thurs/Sun and set up additional raids Monday/Tues whenever we feel it would really help.

    Personally, imho, it depends on the situation. If it's really important to you that the guild progresses and a lot of you are there for just that reason, then if you have the people online by all means set up another raid and go for it - Every little bit helps. Of course this will kinda suck for the people who weren't there for it... But if it's better for the guild as a whole and that's what your striving for, you should probably just suck it up.

    if you're raiding quite casually and just look forward to seeing the content with your friends and enjoying your time, then yeah, dick move of them.

    Tl;DR as an officer of a decent raiding guild (We're not world class, but we clear it on heroic before the tier ends at least), i'd probably do the same thing as them IF we had a full raid team of mains, not socials etc. If it was a half assed team i'd just do flexi raid or something, or maybe an alt run to get storm's end or w/e now that it's nerfed.

  19. #39
    I'm going to be completely honest with you. It has been my job for literal years now to sift through verbal self-selling applicants for raiding and I hate to say it but you sound like the type of raider that I consider cancer on the raiding culture. I'll explain and I know it's impossible for you to not take a statement like that personally/offensively, but I don't mean to say you're an awful person - you're just an awful raider. You may even be someone I could be best friends with, but just based off a couple things I've seen in this post you just don't fit the bill for a valuable addition to a raiding roster.

    1st - You claim you don't have time to learn these new fights but you had enough time to come make a post about it, and respond to several others over the course of a few hours. You had more than enough time. The only reason someone would deny raid and kill experience in the first week of a new patch would be out of spite. Without you, they may not be able to raid on the unscheduled night, so maybe you can serve them a little of the "How's it feel?" dish back to them. Even if you planned on leaving, its smart to raid as much as you can while you can with them - and every decent raider knows that.

    2nd - You got sat. You mention re-rolling recently, I'd be willing to guess its mostly because your gear isn't where it needs to be in order to be a strong member of the raid and it was better for progressions sake to sit you for someone else. Nonetheless, it's week one, you got sat for one raid, invited to another, and you're throwing a fit and thinking about leaving. You have no tolerance to even the very slightest forms of initiation rites. If you join a guild near the beginning of a new raid tier, you're going to eat some shit. It's expected. It's part of most guilds trials. I have been in guilds where they deliberately treat a new guy poorly to test their reaction. - Any decent raider knows this as well.

    3rd - You posted your resume. At the end of it all, you're not really looking for feedback. You already have your mind made up and you're advertising yourself. You complain about a guild that took you in on a fresh toon and offered you a core spot, and even relied on you to pull off a progression raid on an off-night AND THEN in the same breath start flaunting your "qualities" to attract an invite somewhere else.

    You absolutely REEK of guild hopping self centered insatiable cancer.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by cyqu View Post
    you were late, they have raid times. are you that ignorant to think its alright to have 9 or 24 people wait around for you, just because you wanted to see SoO? so did the other members and there world doesn't stop because your not there.
    You don't read, do you? How can you be late when there is no raid planned?....

    I think it was a douche move. I've been in a guild that did that (the officers did extra raids with anyone they could find, leaving the regular raiders in the same position as you are) and it failed in one big drama. Guild/raidleaders who do not understand that their raiders want a fresh raid, have no business leading. Especially not since you have alternatives. If they really can't wait a day for the scheduled raid, they could have changed the schedule a week ago, so that all raiders knew it was on Wednesday this week or gone for a Flex raid instead.

    I'd quit if I were you. Asap.
    "When you understand why you dismiss all the other gods people believe in, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •