Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    im bc i was in a guild that was run by 2 sisters and some of their friends, they would only take their officer team into raids they did with a other guild and left the rest of us to do bugger all, i just came from a raiding guild that fell apart and this was a ginormouse guild (over 200 accounts, it was more of a social guild), so basically they had like 50 people online every night

anyway, the gm always only took the officer team and their friends to this onther guilds. so after i leveled a few alts i desided i really wanted to go back to raiding and i liked this guild, they where nice people. the gm didnt want to raid with her guild because she didnt think they could do it, well i asked her if i could organise raids and when i did we slowly cleared content. we even went BT 25 man, that for a social guild with almost no raiding exp was pretty badass i thought.

in the guild i am in now, i used to be an officer, raidleader and core member of their raids, i had a pretty bad breakup with my ex (who was also an officer in that guild) and then i fell ill and couldnt raid anymore, so i got dropped in rank, we moved server (i followed), and now i havent been able to raid for a month so my gear is pretty crap still (ilvl 516)

but i will remain loyal as they have been my friends for 4 years, but i do wish to come back into their main raid team and clear content with them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenora View Post
    im bc i was in a guild that was run by 2 sisters and some of their friends, they would only take their officer team into raids they did with a other guild and left the rest of us to do bugger all, i just came from a raiding guild that fell apart and this was a ginormouse guild (over 200 accounts, it was more of a social guild), so basically they had like 50 people online every night
    Theres nothing wrong with that, sounds like a social guild. My guild is pretty much the same. We have people who raid with their outside friends and people that don't. It's not up to someone else to entertain you really, if you want to raid you should have just joined a proper raiding guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenora View Post

anyway, the gm always only took the officer team and their friends to this onther guilds. so after i leveled a few alts i desided i really wanted to go back to raiding and i liked this guild, they where nice people. the gm didnt want to raid with her guild because she didnt think they could do it, well i asked her if i could organise raids and when i did we slowly cleared content. we even went BT 25 man, that for a social guild with almost no raiding exp was pretty badass i thought.

in the guild i am in now, i used to be an officer, raidleader and core member of their raids, i had a pretty bad breakup with my ex (who was also an officer in that guild) and then i fell ill and couldnt raid anymore, so i got dropped in rank, we moved server (i followed), and now i havent been able to raid for a month so my gear is pretty crap still (ilvl 516)

but i will remain loyal as they have been my friends for 4 years, but i do wish to come back into their main raid team and clear content with them
    "here let me just hijack this thread and turn it into a sob story attention blog about me ME memememememe"

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    You can at least post the link by putting spaces etc between the letters in the link and one of us here can amend it and post it for all to see if you want to prove it as until then I cant take what either of you say to be the truth.
    i.imgur. com/ jITjsjj. jpg?1

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes i've been "benched" like that myself, it sucks for sure. Not much you can do about it though, other than to talk with your guild leader etc.

One guild kept doing so, raiding without me. And I said farewell to them, they lost a great healer, one of their main tanks (my brother) and some other core members that also left.
    That ended up in creating the best guild i've ever been in, and it at the time was one of 3 major guilds that competed over being server best.

That's ages ago though, since that guild died right before TBC* I have only raided casually and not very often. I just couldn't find a guild that I felt home in afterwards

Because of a bad guild AND realm merger, coupled with 2 migrations away from the realm.. not much can survive that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraph View Post
    i.imgur. com/ jITjsjj. jpg?1

should work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well maybe something came up where they had to raid that day because maybe some people wouldn't be available on your normal raid days, who knows. I wouldn't take it as "let's raid on this day who cares about OP he sucks anyway" kind of way. Maybe something just came up where they had to change the schedule around a bit. Now if they keep leaving without you then i could see a reason to get angry with them because then they are being assholes.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    Well maybe something came up where they had to raid that day because maybe some people wouldn't be available on your normal raid days, who knows. I wouldn't take it as "let's raid on this day who cares about OP he sucks anyway" kind of way. Maybe something just came up where they had to change the schedule around a bit. Now if they keep leaving without you then i could see a reason to get angry with them because then they are being assholes.
    you should read the post above yours, and follow that chain.
    Short story: Fraph is the GM. they put the invite up for it ahead of time, and OP declined the invitation, as you see on the pic above your post, so the GM/Guild didn't do anything wrong, and OP is probably somewhat embarrassed now.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

So from what we can see of the picture the guy replied a few days ahead of the raid and declined. I would say that changes the story somewhat. If you can't make the raid should have certainly spoken to one of the officers/GM in the guild about it and arranged something. Either way it appears most of the people wanted to attend.

This is why I hate raiding on patchweek :>
    Everyone is SUPER exited to raid, everyone is super stressed about progress and the new items and that it must all be done NOW!
    And suddenly you have two groups in the raid. One that expects that the rules that applied last week still exist and one that lives by the "in patchweek and in love, everything goes!" credo. Without some serious communication about teamplay and what screwing half your team over in week one means for the next 5 month , your will not get those two groups to cooperate very well.
    So either look for a guild full of your type (good luck :>) or make your own team on the next scheduled raid day and make him and his friends wait, till you killed the first 3 bosses yourself.
    Alternatively you could talk to him first and see, if reasoning gets you anywhere^^
    (sorry I only read page one and two)
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by Seiken3 View Post
    So yeah, there you have it. My "Whine" thread. I don't really see it as that much whine, but more like a .. "My guild stabbed me in the back and I am bleeding. Bandaid, anyone?" Haha. Hope to get feedback on this!
    What are you actually looking for? People who agrees with you? We only have your side of the story. Kind of hard to give a neutral non-bias answer with just your side of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    What are you actually looking for? People who agrees with you? We only have your side of the story. Kind of hard to give a neutral non-bias answer with just your side of the story.
    You're a bit late to the party his GM has already posted the calendar invite that showed he had declined the raid three days before hand and if you read a few of his posts it is clear that, yes, he is only interested in those that agree with him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post

should work.

Thats days ahead of prenotice and organization from the team. You couldn't attend since you probably had other arrangements. Thats all fine. The others could attend and the guild could raid and hopefully gained a few worldranks for it. You should be happy for the team, instead you come on to the forums and whine about it giving a false onesided sobstory intead of taking it up with the officers. I'm surprised you're still in the guild.
    Last edited by mmoc84ca5d4ef2; 2013-09-19 at 01:16 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow, just wow, the OP is a piece of work.

I see what happened, guild scheduled a raid, he wasnt able to make it, declines invite and is mad that they are progressing without him, "they should only raid on days I can go" then cries on MMO-C forum. But, he got busted! Someone else poiunted out he was a cancer to raiding guilds, I guess he knew what he saw, he was spot on.

As someone else said..Das Boooot incoming

Hey guys.

While the title might sound way worse than the topic actually is; hear me out.

I've been raiding since the dawn of time.... Or at least since Vanilla. I really play this game to raid and perhaps RP a little bit on the side when I have time and feel like it. So, over the years, I've been the kind of guy that's loyal to the guilds he's in, always show up prepared and is really never late(warning that I might be late has been given of course) And now you might be thinking (Yeah, right.. as you never have) But actually; There has been under 3 times I've been late and such. Unforeseen events happened at the time. Anyways, moving ahead. Sadly, these guilds doesn't last because of various reasons. Most of them being disbanded, being lead wrongly and the likes. Currently, I am in a guild which is very good in progress. It's the kind of guild I could see myself in. However...

Yesterday, they did SoO without me. - Let me stop myself right there. I'm one of their core-raiders, and haven't been late and such for their raids, always showing prepared as written above. Our Raid-days are Thursday, Sunday and Monday. I've been looking for SoO for weeks and months, making sure I was in a good raiding guild with enough "social-rep" that I earned over some months to be one of their regulars (Had just returned from a little break and was guildless) and was dying to join in on the new content on our first raid-day, Thursday. Even having to sit out for other raiders would've been fine as well as I could throw my replacement a whisper now and then to hear how things were going, but... Nope, they went yesterday instead of today.

So, I want to ask you guys; Have you ever had that happened to you? The guildleader patching together a team on the very day of the released cotnent consisting of socials and trials just to get a head-start?(we're not trying down as many and as fast as we can)

I feel a bit robbed of the whole experience and not sure what to do tonight. I have signed for the raid, but... Now I have to read up on 3 entirely new bosses I haven't thought about. Not sure if I will have enough time and will to raid tonight...

Putting things a little bit more on the edge; The reason why I am in the guild I am is because my time is rather limited in the evenings. I have Mondays, Thursdays and Sundays(every 4th week I don't have sunday off) off. Finding this guild was perfect and I wanted to join. But they didnt need my class so I had to re-roll. Realizing how much raiding meant to me, I transferred a character just to be with them. But seeing that I would be willing to transfer, then I am open for possible offers from any EU-guilds that would be interested in taking me in... I'm a priest of your choice(But please not Shadow :<)

So yeah, there you have it. My "Whine" thread. I don't really see it as that much whine, but more like a .. "My guild stabbed me in the back and I am bleeding. Bandaid, anyone?" Haha. Hope to get feedback on this!

Edit: Fixed "timeline" on how long I've been in the guild.
    your post is very convoluted. were you available but benched? were you unavailable? state specifically without forcing readers to pick through your non existent time line.

if you are in a "very good" raid guild and they wanted to raid day one of patch then you either needed to be available or would rightfully be replaced. a raid team never wants to hear "well we are not going to raid tonight because joe bob doesnt want to go".
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

As the post on top suggests; I'm looking for people with similar experience, not those who disagree.
    Lol WUT? "post your opinion only so long as it agrees with mine"?

*Recanted after having read more of the thread*

I understand the desire to stick to regular raid days, but in a raiding guild, the group holds sway for changing a night here or there, staying late for some extra attempts, or starting early. If one of 10 can't make it, it's easier to replace the one than reschedule nine.
    Last edited by -Psypher-; 2013-09-19 at 03:47 PM.

Im actually curious how many of the core team were there for the raid?

Was it just the RL and he took a bunch of casuals? Or did he have say 9 of the 10 and maybe said "let's get the easy bosses out of the way so we can do the real progression tomorrow"

I could forgive the later...albeit I'd still be grumpy.

If you're a consistent, diligent, punctual and established member of a core raid team, getting sat is an extremely good reason to look for the exit door.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    If you're a consistent, diligent, punctual and established member of a core raid team, getting sat is an extremely good reason to look for the exit door.
    and don't let it hit you in the ass going out if you are going to nerd rage over missing something that you declined to attend.