Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #81
    Mechagnome Zenora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In a van near you!
    Posts
    575
    im bc i was in a guild that was run by 2 sisters and some of their friends, they would only take their officer team into raids they did with a other guild and left the rest of us to do bugger all, i just came from a raiding guild that fell apart and this was a ginormouse guild (over 200 accounts, it was more of a social guild), so basically they had like 50 people online every night

    anyway, the gm always only took the officer team and their friends to this onther guilds. so after i leveled a few alts i desided i really wanted to go back to raiding and i liked this guild, they where nice people. the gm didnt want to raid with her guild because she didnt think they could do it, well i asked her if i could organise raids and when i did we slowly cleared content. we even went BT 25 man, that for a social guild with almost no raiding exp was pretty badass i thought.


    in the guild i am in now, i used to be an officer, raidleader and core member of their raids, i had a pretty bad breakup with my ex (who was also an officer in that guild) and then i fell ill and couldnt raid anymore, so i got dropped in rank, we moved server (i followed), and now i havent been able to raid for a month so my gear is pretty crap still (ilvl 516)

    but i will remain loyal as they have been my friends for 4 years, but i do wish to come back into their main raid team and clear content with them

  2. #82
    Brewmaster Brittany's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,268
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenora View Post
    im bc i was in a guild that was run by 2 sisters and some of their friends, they would only take their officer team into raids they did with a other guild and left the rest of us to do bugger all, i just came from a raiding guild that fell apart and this was a ginormouse guild (over 200 accounts, it was more of a social guild), so basically they had like 50 people online every night
    Theres nothing wrong with that, sounds like a social guild. My guild is pretty much the same. We have people who raid with their outside friends and people that don't. It's not up to someone else to entertain you really, if you want to raid you should have just joined a proper raiding guild.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenora View Post
    im bc i was in a guild that was run by 2 sisters and some of their friends, they would only take their officer team into raids they did with a other guild and left the rest of us to do bugger all, i just came from a raiding guild that fell apart and this was a ginormouse guild (over 200 accounts, it was more of a social guild), so basically they had like 50 people online every night

    anyway, the gm always only took the officer team and their friends to this onther guilds. so after i leveled a few alts i desided i really wanted to go back to raiding and i liked this guild, they where nice people. the gm didnt want to raid with her guild because she didnt think they could do it, well i asked her if i could organise raids and when i did we slowly cleared content. we even went BT 25 man, that for a social guild with almost no raiding exp was pretty badass i thought.


    in the guild i am in now, i used to be an officer, raidleader and core member of their raids, i had a pretty bad breakup with my ex (who was also an officer in that guild) and then i fell ill and couldnt raid anymore, so i got dropped in rank, we moved server (i followed), and now i havent been able to raid for a month so my gear is pretty crap still (ilvl 516)

    but i will remain loyal as they have been my friends for 4 years, but i do wish to come back into their main raid team and clear content with them
    "here let me just hijack this thread and turn it into a sob story attention blog about me ME memememememe"

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    You can at least post the link by putting spaces etc between the letters in the link and one of us here can amend it and post it for all to see if you want to prove it as until then I cant take what either of you say to be the truth.
    i.imgur. com/ jITjsjj. jpg?1

  5. #85
    Scarab Lord Azutael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    4,636
    Yes i've been "benched" like that myself, it sucks for sure. Not much you can do about it though, other than to talk with your guild leader etc.

    One guild kept doing so, raiding without me. And I said farewell to them, they lost a great healer, one of their main tanks (my brother) and some other core members that also left.
    That ended up in creating the best guild i've ever been in, and it at the time was one of 3 major guilds that competed over being server best.

    That's ages ago though, since that guild died right before TBC* I have only raided casually and not very often. I just couldn't find a guild that I felt home in afterwards

    Because of a bad guild AND realm merger, coupled with 2 migrations away from the realm.. not much can survive that.

  6. #86

  7. #87
    Pit Lord Geminiwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Demon Realm
    Posts
    2,272
    Well maybe something came up where they had to raid that day because maybe some people wouldn't be available on your normal raid days, who knows. I wouldn't take it as "let's raid on this day who cares about OP he sucks anyway" kind of way. Maybe something just came up where they had to change the schedule around a bit. Now if they keep leaving without you then i could see a reason to get angry with them because then they are being assholes.
    “Ever wonder why ice cubes taste so boring? It’s cuz you make ‘em outta stupid water, you bimbo! Put some fruit juice in there and freeze it into ice cubes, and put THAT in your milk.”
    "One small mankind and I'm gonna leap the heck outta this moon rocket." - Kneel Aurmstrang
    For your health.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    Well maybe something came up where they had to raid that day because maybe some people wouldn't be available on your normal raid days, who knows. I wouldn't take it as "let's raid on this day who cares about OP he sucks anyway" kind of way. Maybe something just came up where they had to change the schedule around a bit. Now if they keep leaving without you then i could see a reason to get angry with them because then they are being assholes.
    you should read the post above yours, and follow that chain.
    Short story: Fraph is the GM. they put the invite up for it ahead of time, and OP declined the invitation, as you see on the pic above your post, so the GM/Guild didn't do anything wrong, and OP is probably somewhat embarrassed now.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

  9. #89
    So from what we can see of the picture the guy replied a few days ahead of the raid and declined. I would say that changes the story somewhat. If you can't make the raid should have certainly spoken to one of the officers/GM in the guild about it and arranged something. Either way it appears most of the people wanted to attend.

  10. #90
    This is why I hate raiding on patchweek :>
    Everyone is SUPER exited to raid, everyone is super stressed about progress and the new items and that it must all be done NOW!
    And suddenly you have two groups in the raid. One that expects that the rules that applied last week still exist and one that lives by the "in patchweek and in love, everything goes!" credo. Without some serious communication about teamplay and what screwing half your team over in week one means for the next 5 month , your will not get those two groups to cooperate very well.
    So either look for a guild full of your type (good luck :>) or make your own team on the next scheduled raid day and make him and his friends wait, till you killed the first 3 bosses yourself.
    Alternatively you could talk to him first and see, if reasoning gets you anywhere^^
    (sorry I only read page one and two)
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiken3 View Post
    So yeah, there you have it. My "Whine" thread. I don't really see it as that much whine, but more like a .. "My guild stabbed me in the back and I am bleeding. Bandaid, anyone?" Haha. Hope to get feedback on this!
    What are you actually looking for? People who agrees with you? We only have your side of the story. Kind of hard to give a neutral non-bias answer with just your side of the story.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    What are you actually looking for? People who agrees with you? We only have your side of the story. Kind of hard to give a neutral non-bias answer with just your side of the story.
    You're a bit late to the party his GM has already posted the calendar invite that showed he had declined the raid three days before hand and if you read a few of his posts it is clear that, yes, he is only interested in those that agree with him.

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post


    should work.

    Thats days ahead of prenotice and organization from the team. You couldn't attend since you probably had other arrangements. Thats all fine. The others could attend and the guild could raid and hopefully gained a few worldranks for it. You should be happy for the team, instead you come on to the forums and whine about it giving a false onesided sobstory intead of taking it up with the officers. I'm surprised you're still in the guild.
    Last edited by Catharsius; 2013-09-19 at 01:16 PM.

  14. #94
    Wow, just wow, the OP is a piece of work.

    I see what happened, guild scheduled a raid, he wasnt able to make it, declines invite and is mad that they are progressing without him, "they should only raid on days I can go" then cries on MMO-C forum. But, he got busted! Someone else poiunted out he was a cancer to raiding guilds, I guess he knew what he saw, he was spot on.

    As someone else said..Das Boooot incoming
    27" Imac - Intel i7-3.5 GHz - Nvidia GTX 780 - 16GB DDR3 1600MHz - 512GB SSD - Dual Boot w/OS X Mavericks & Windows 8.1

    "You are what your life says you are, nothing more, nothing less"


  15. #95
    So wait....you weren't on when the raid started, declined the calendar event, and now you're getting upset and asking why?

    Being impeccably punctual (in the past) is irrelevant. You weren't on time for this Raid and declined the invitation on the calendar. Why should someone who was on time and did sign up for the raid be denied a spot? Or why should the raid not happen because you weren't on?

    Here is how my Guild does it: Whoever is online that has signed up for the Raid gets an invite. If somone who signed up is not on or has declined the calendar invitation, then the spot gets passed to someone who is on and wants to go. Plain and simple. No one should expect a Guild to stop progression because a certain person decides they can't be on time or don't want to go that particular evening. That's what we call the "special snowflake" syndrome

    I'm also really looking forward to seeing the OP's reply to the GM, who posted about him and then showed a screenshot as further evidence. Please feel free to take the dispute between you two to this thread. *grabs popcorn*

    Quote Originally Posted by Fraph View Post
    Just to clarify, we did set up this event the weekend before the release. And even the creative creator of this post did hit decline on the Saturday before the release of the patch. (11.09.2013) (Would insert a screenshot, but MMO-Champion wont allow me..)
    So I do hope our guild will not suffer for this. We did even announce that we would try to get a group together that Wednesday on our last day of raiding ToT (Which was on the Sunday before the patch). It was not my intention to hurt any of our raiders feelings and we would probably not had gone if we knew it would. In any case, this is really just his own fault. He did know about the raid and did not inform any of our officers about his feelings towards us engaging the first few bosses on Wednesday.

    Seiken's GM
    Last edited by Winter Blossom; 2013-09-19 at 02:39 PM.

  16. #96
    The Lightbringer judgementofantonidas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    East Coast USA
    Posts
    3,390
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiken3 View Post
    Hey guys.

    While the title might sound way worse than the topic actually is; hear me out.

    I've been raiding since the dawn of time.... Or at least since Vanilla. I really play this game to raid and perhaps RP a little bit on the side when I have time and feel like it. So, over the years, I've been the kind of guy that's loyal to the guilds he's in, always show up prepared and is really never late(warning that I might be late has been given of course) And now you might be thinking (Yeah, right.. as you never have) But actually; There has been under 3 times I've been late and such. Unforeseen events happened at the time. Anyways, moving ahead. Sadly, these guilds doesn't last because of various reasons. Most of them being disbanded, being lead wrongly and the likes. Currently, I am in a guild which is very good in progress. It's the kind of guild I could see myself in. However...

    Yesterday, they did SoO without me. - Let me stop myself right there. I'm one of their core-raiders, and haven't been late and such for their raids, always showing prepared as written above. Our Raid-days are Thursday, Sunday and Monday. I've been looking for SoO for weeks and months, making sure I was in a good raiding guild with enough "social-rep" that I earned over some months to be one of their regulars (Had just returned from a little break and was guildless) and was dying to join in on the new content on our first raid-day, Thursday. Even having to sit out for other raiders would've been fine as well as I could throw my replacement a whisper now and then to hear how things were going, but... Nope, they went yesterday instead of today.

    So, I want to ask you guys; Have you ever had that happened to you? The guildleader patching together a team on the very day of the released cotnent consisting of socials and trials just to get a head-start?(we're not trying down as many and as fast as we can)

    I feel a bit robbed of the whole experience and not sure what to do tonight. I have signed for the raid, but... Now I have to read up on 3 entirely new bosses I haven't thought about. Not sure if I will have enough time and will to raid tonight...











    Putting things a little bit more on the edge; The reason why I am in the guild I am is because my time is rather limited in the evenings. I have Mondays, Thursdays and Sundays(every 4th week I don't have sunday off) off. Finding this guild was perfect and I wanted to join. But they didnt need my class so I had to re-roll. Realizing how much raiding meant to me, I transferred a character just to be with them. But seeing that I would be willing to transfer, then I am open for possible offers from any EU-guilds that would be interested in taking me in... I'm a priest of your choice(But please not Shadow :<)


    So yeah, there you have it. My "Whine" thread. I don't really see it as that much whine, but more like a .. "My guild stabbed me in the back and I am bleeding. Bandaid, anyone?" Haha. Hope to get feedback on this!




    Edit: Fixed "timeline" on how long I've been in the guild.
    your post is very convoluted. were you available but benched? were you unavailable? state specifically without forcing readers to pick through your non existent time line.

    if you are in a "very good" raid guild and they wanted to raid day one of patch then you either needed to be available or would rightfully be replaced. a raid team never wants to hear "well we are not going to raid tonight because joe bob doesnt want to go".


    Lawful good does not always mean Lawful nice

  17. #97
    Warchief Asmodias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    2,168
    It's hard to blame the guild too much because it's a new tier and people get antsy. Personally, I wouldn't do anything drastic if I were in your shoes. I certainly understand your frustration as I have been there myself, but usually it gets sorted out the next week. I would ask to talk to the raid leader/officer/guild leader and explain to them how you feel and see where they were coming from. Remember, communication is key in any situation. Once you have heard their side of the story, then you can make a decision about what to do.

    Guess I should have kept reading through the thread...

    You declined to raid on the day it was proposed (and did so 3 days before 5.4 dropped) After reading what your GM has stated, I feel silly for what I wrote previously. You should feel ashamed for bringing this up and trying to convince us you weren't at fault or that your guild was bad in any way (for not taking you)... Bad OP... Bad Form.
    Last edited by Asmodias; 2013-09-19 at 02:51 PM. Reason: New information


    Uber Casual | Avatar and Signature by Shyama

  18. #98
    The Lightbringer judgementofantonidas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    East Coast USA
    Posts
    3,390
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiken3 View Post
    As the post on top suggests; I'm looking for people with similar experience, not those who disagree.
    Lol WUT? "post your opinion only so long as it agrees with mine"?


    Lawful good does not always mean Lawful nice

  19. #99
    *Recanted after having read more of the thread*

    I understand the desire to stick to regular raid days, but in a raiding guild, the group holds sway for changing a night here or there, staying late for some extra attempts, or starting early. If one of 10 can't make it, it's easier to replace the one than reschedule nine.
    Last edited by Vindican; 2013-09-19 at 03:47 PM.

  20. #100
    Im actually curious how many of the core team were there for the raid?


    Was it just the RL and he took a bunch of casuals? Or did he have say 9 of the 10 and maybe said "let's get the easy bosses out of the way so we can do the real progression tomorrow"


    I could forgive the later...albeit I'd still be grumpy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •