Thread: 5.4 BM opener

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    Dunnu why a few of you guys are delaying BW by sooo much.. esp with trinkets proccing on pull.. What tehterokkar posted is a good guideline.. I'm still working on the best time to use a cobra shot for the 2pc. Whether it is even worth it to lose an AS over it (esp since the procs are only 10 seconds)

  2. #22
    The Lightbringer Tehterokkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,915
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoron View Post
    Dunnu why a few of you guys are delaying BW by sooo much.. esp with trinkets proccing on pull.. What tehterokkar posted is a good guideline.. I'm still working on the best time to use a cobra shot for the 2pc. Whether it is even worth it to lose an AS over it (esp since the procs are only 10 seconds)
    The 10s Renataki opener is VERY strict compared to the old 20s version one. You should only Cobra shot if you BL on pull as I said(because then your Cobra shot will be under 1 sec with RF). I can't wait to get rid of our T15 2pc, fucking shit to use Cobra on pull and waste focus. However 1 Dragonhawk should outweight 1 AS easily.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayne13 View Post
    AMoC was buffed by 40% to make up for the readiness loss. It is still behind Blink Strikes in damage. Not only that, but I find BS better when you need to target switch, one example being Sha of Pride when the large add comes out from the side, my pet can blink over and start attacking right away while I stand and release someone from prison.
    This and the fact over the course of a fight, if target switching is invovled you have more up time dps with BS because your pet is getting there faster.

  4. #24
    If cobra shot is your very first attack (wind up the cast while the pull countdown is still going on, time it so that it lands right as the pull happens) you get what is effectively an instant cobra that will proc the thunder hawk t15 2 piece, and you can follow it instantly with a serpent sting at the same time as you would normally use it since the GCD is over by the time cobra is finished casting.

  5. #25
    But then you lose out on potion time.

  6. #26
    High Overlord Nakauri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    168
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteadee View Post
    But then you lose out on potion time.
    That's fine. Clip it by half a second.
    If you have a 5 second count down, you can take your potion at 1s and start your cobra at the same time. This is easier if you have cobra on your mouse wheel and the potion on your keyboard, too, since you can just hit them with each hand in sequence. It's not a big deal either way - once you pick up your AoC your primary worry will be making sure all your cooldowns are being used and deciding what you're using them for more than the first few smacks.

    I usually don't bother cobra prepulling, though.
    For example, on Garrosh, the adds don't come out right away. You can choose to use a normal opener like the several posted here and use the first bestial wrath single target on Garrosh, or to delay it with sting->KC->GT->arcane->cobra->cobra. Something like that sequence gives enough of a time delay for all the adds to come out, whereby using bestial wrath and bombing beast cleave on them will more or less take them out of the equation. Depends what you're having more trouble on or how the course of the fight is going to go.

  7. #27
    My trinkets proc about 5 seconds in, which is why I'm using the opener I posted. Trinkets proccing off the pull probably happened like once or twice in the last few days.
    Omnipotent WCL || Omnipotent Site - Support our streams! || Worst Btag Ever: Slenderman#1355 || Temporarily retired from raiding. Soon™.

  8. #28
    The Lightbringer Tehterokkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,915
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    My trinkets proc about 5 seconds in, which is why I'm using the opener I posted. Trinkets proccing off the pull probably happened like once or twice in the last few days.
    O.o... Mine have always procced on pull on the initial SrS/Auto Shot so far.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    My trinkets proc about 5 seconds in, which is why I'm using the opener I posted. Trinkets proccing off the pull probably happened like once or twice in the last few days.
    Isn't that impossible now? Not seen them not proc on pull once this patch

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    I did this one last night as BM(Might be counted as the new Renataki sequence)

    0: SrS (Juju and Renataki should proc here for sure)
    1: RF+Stamp
    2: DB
    3:BW+KC
    4: GT
    5: AS
    6: AS
    7: AS
    9: AS
    10: KC with full Renataki stacks and Bad Juju up, seen 730k crits

    Edit: It's impossible to fit in a Cobra Shot if you don't use BL/Hero on pull, it screws up the timing and you can miss the 10 stack KC by just a few inches. Or you can Cobra and then wait like 1 second before the last KC comes off CD
    This is very good. Only question i got is: should you macro BW+KC alltogeher, because on EJ i read, that latency influence KC and it doesnt benefit from BW+20% damage, but only focus reduce. Anyone can say something about it?
    Every time you say "I don't believe in fearies" one of they dies...

  11. #31
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Brawl Pub
    Posts
    4,218
    Is DB the talent of choice these days? I'm still using fervor. Just logged in for the first time since June, figuring some things out.

    Also, if anyone knows:

    /cast !Deterrence

    seems to me shouldn't cast the second Deterrence if I'm spamming the button, but it does. Any advice? I don't have a cancelaura in there any more.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by sultangurde View Post
    This is very good. Only question i got is: should you macro BW+KC alltogeher, because on EJ i read, that latency influence KC and it doesnt benefit from BW+20% damage, but only focus reduce. Anyone can say something about it?
    is this true?

  13. #33
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by Danshot View Post
    is this true?
    Basically. There's a layer of unavoidable lag between when you execute an action from the client and it happens on the server. Essentially when you macro them together and the abilities execute server side your KC and BW go off simultaneously but the slight aura lag delays your pet receiving the buff for something like .5s.

  14. #34
    I burst about 700-800k with this rotation.

    Pot/Pre cast cobra
    Stampede/Rapid Fire/Rabid macro
    Berserking/BW/KC
    GT
    AS
    AS
    AS
    AS
    AS
    KC
    DB
    SS

    It's basically so you get BW lining up with all 10 seconds of your rentaki's and getting stampede out as fast as possible.

  15. #35
    I've had a good success with a similar opener to Niix.
    Been trying ToTH for a while due to 2pc, so no DB here.

    Pot/cobra when 2~ seconds remaining on pulltimer
    SS
    RF/Stampede
    BW
    KC
    GT
    AS
    AS
    AS
    AS
    AS
    KC
    SS

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Niix View Post
    I burst about 700-800k with this rotation.

    Pot/Pre cast cobra
    Stampede/Rapid Fire/Rabid macro
    Berserking/BW/KC
    GT
    AS
    AS
    AS
    AS
    AS
    KC
    DB
    SS

    It's basically so you get BW lining up with all 10 seconds of your rentaki's and getting stampede out as fast as possible.
    Why are you delaying DB by that much ? You lose out on so much damage.. this opener is no where near optimal.

    I dropped my ToT trinks since I got AoC and TED (lol @ the abbreviation) and am now working on the best opener for those.. Will do some tests over the weekend but if anyone else is using TED then share your opinion.. i'm trying to maximize the max agi, which is pretty tough as it procs instantly.. DB used to proc JuJu, dunnu if it procs TED.. If it doesn't, it might look like stampede then DB then GT (since it has travel time.. dunnu if GT starts your auto shots or not) then BW-KC followed by an srs..

    But i'll know more once I test it out..

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoron View Post
    then BW-KC followed by an srs
    Srs during BW is a bit of a waste.

  18. #38
    The Lightbringer Tehterokkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,915
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoron View Post
    Why are you delaying DB by that much ? You lose out on so much damage.. this opener is no where near optimal.

    I dropped my ToT trinks since I got AoC and TED (lol @ the abbreviation) and am now working on the best opener for those.. Will do some tests over the weekend but if anyone else is using TED then share your opinion.. i'm trying to maximize the max agi, which is pretty tough as it procs instantly.. DB used to proc JuJu, dunnu if it procs TED.. If it doesn't, it might look like stampede then DB then GT (since it has travel time.. dunnu if GT starts your auto shots or not) then BW-KC followed by an srs..

    But i'll know more once I test it out..
    Well the opener I originally posted is still 10 seconds for 2nd KC under BW. Nothing should change, Renataki was just nice because we got a super buffed KC at the end.

    At least according to Blizzard as of 5.4, GT doesn't initiate Auto Attack. also I would personally do SrS -> BW+KC instead of BW+KC -> SrS. Reason being SrS being halved in focus cost isn't that good where as AS getting reduced to 15(or 0 with TotH) is a much better option for focus effiency. Also the BW damage bonus wouldn't last that long.

  19. #39
    I opted for srs after cuz of the same reason we had to use db and stampede during BW in 5.3 renataki opener.. all to get a KC as buffed as possible.. If GT doesn't trigger auto attack then that srs will trigger TED and you'll hit KC with 2 stacks removed from it.. But like I said, it's nothing definitive yet.. just testing multiple options..

  20. #40
    I'd probably looking at SrS, DB, RF/stamp macro then BW/KC, however if you are finding SrS is proccing TED then perhaps go for a SrS/KC opener then get of DB, rf/stamp, CS/as fillers until KC is ready but that way you'd loose a fair few seconds of the trinket proc under BW.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •