Thread: 5.4 BM opener

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Rogue Anus taring gang(if all SporeBats)
    wtf, ok

Quote Originally Posted by yakuz View Post
    wtf, ok
    You Sir, have missed out on a lot of Rogue killing in PvP...

Feel free to rewind and watch it all
    http://youtu.be/WhvvNGeHHME?t=2m34s
    Last edited by Drairon; 2013-09-27 at 05:36 PM.

Zoo gives a 4pc stack ? that's odd, but i'll take it.. I was wondering about delaying KC to hit it at 10 stack renataki but after mathing it out, it's not worth it. Just going by trinkets, at the 8th stack marker (as soon as KC comes off cd) is the highest agi (considering that's the earliest you can hit it). That is what I had been using as well, with a slight variation since I do not even have the 2pc yet (#10m). But with the 4pc that seems like the best bet for TED.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drairon View Post
    You Sir, have missed out on a lot of Rogue killing in PvP...

Feel free to rewind and watch it all
    http://youtu.be/WhvvNGeHHME?t=2m34s
    oh wow thank u for making my day hahahahaha

@Windthorn, jw, why the zoo/DB during BW? Isn't that 2 wasted gcd's during BW?
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    @Windthorn, jw, why the zoo/DB during BW? Isn't that 2 wasted gcd's during BW?
    did you look at the excel spreadsheets

or like any part of that post

lmfao i don't even think you are asking the correct person. it is literally all explained in the post/spreadsheet

Quote Originally Posted by Crooklyn View Post

or like any part of that post

lmfao i don't even think you are asking the correct person. it is literally all explained in the post/spreadsheet

Oops I saw it off the quote from Windthorn, but ya that was directed at Fatal-. Well I read the part about DB late to save the focus, but I was always under the impression that you shouldn't be using anything besides KC/GT/AS during BW. And where'd he say anything about why the zoo during BW?
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

zoo gives you a stack of 4pc (which was explained in this thread) and the opener optimizes trinket procs+4pc to KC at the highest stacks

10+ Year Old Account
    -Fatel

What are you getting for burst? (With that opener). Or anyone using it for that matter. I've had a few 1.35M burst with something a bit different.

This thread is an extremely good showcase of how people refuse to accept that there is no "best" way to burst, other than just popping everything you have, and getting as many high damage abilities out in those seconds. It's no science, you just press stuff.

Also, asking what others are bursting is useless simply because RPPM is a thing, as is RNG with hunters being a crit-favoring class. If you don't crit a couple times in a row, and your trinkets don't proc, well that's like a 200k+ burst loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal- View Post
    I made this only for hunters who already own the T16 4p.

BM Pull Macro

Why DB so late?
    It doesn't give you a 4p stack and you won't waste all of the bonus focus.

Why RF so early?
    So you can get the most out of the 2p and it won't give you a 4p stack. So you have to use it together with an ability that does.

Opener In Action
    560 ilvl gear
    ToT weapon
    Trinkets Renataki and TED

idk about you but my AoC dosnt proc on pull like that, pretty much you gota trow a Dire beast in order to pop and still sometimes it will proc at 4-5 sec mark of the opener im using.

prepot
    KC
    SrS <-Renakatis or Juju will proc here or before with 1st KC
    Zoo+RF
    DB
    AS <-AoC or Cleave or Multistrike proc here or before with DB
    BW+eng+racial+as <-Dont like to macro KC with BW due to latency
    KC
    as
    as
    as
    as
    KC <-Renakatis or Juju will end here with 2nd KC
    as
    as
    CS <-at this point you are drain in focus so you need this 2 CS to hit next KC and refresh SrS
    CS <-Rapid Fire ends here
    KC <-Regular rotation

10+ Year Old Account
    Is no one using AMoC? It's simming like 2-3k higher. Obviously I wouldn't use AMoC on heavy target swapping or movement fights.
    Tired of ElvUI and its various clones?

Try one of these:

Altz UI
    // RealUI // KaitUI // ls: UI

Deleted
    I get about 500k+ burst with 543 equipped ilvl and this is my rotation (with buffs, flask of spring blossoms, foodbuff etc):
    1-pre-pot virmen's
    2-serpent sting
    3-DB
    4-Rapid fire
    5-Zoo
    6-BW (I have macro'd in to use Virmen's Bite with BW but I don't use the potion on CD because I got the Sha CD trinket and my BW CD is 43.8 sec)
    7-KC
    8-GT
    9-aMoC (if i'm doing malkorok or juggernaut)
    10,11,12,13,14-arcane shots
    15-KC
    Is this a good opener?
    I have the 2pc bonus, cloak, metagem, flex assurance of consequence, and LFR haromm's and my stat priority is haste>crit>mastery
    Can't link armory since I haven't posted yet, but if you don't mind checking, my name is Thornax on EU Sylvanas.

potion macroed into your BW is a horrible idea

you want to use your second potion when the stars align with procs/buffs or when you specifically need to burn something

Deleted
    I see, thanks I'll make a separate keybind for the potion then.
    What about the rotation? I think it's ok for now but when I get the 4pc bonus should I switch it up? I've seen that spreadsheet but honestly I didn't understand anything

Something I've noticed is that as long as you are standing far enough back from a target, you can get 11 attacks (in a way) instead of 10 in on BW. If you cast GT, and are standing at a distance where its travel time will be just longer than 1 second, then hit BW + KC (not macro'd), even though BW was used after GT was thrown, the damage calculation occurs when the attack lands, not when it is cast. So, you can get the benefit from BW on the GT as well for a 10% damage boost to that GT.

Delaying either your BW or GT to align that for 10% extra damage on one attack isn't going to be worth doing.

Deleted
    Ehm, as far as I can tell Fatal-'s opener is made to maximize stacks of 4p for the second KC while also getting max trinket bonuses. However 4p doesn't work like that, the increase to YOUR damage is stacked by YOUR attacks, the increase to your PETS damage is increased by your PETS attack (so bite, claw, whatever) which means that your pet will basically never get more than 3 stacks of their part of the 4p. If I misinterpreted what Fatal-'s opener was designed around I am sorry. But from what I can tell it was designed with an incorrect assumption as one of the core ideas of it. I have an alternate version that I, to be fair, haven't optimized for 4p at all as i just got it but that also gets the 2nd KC on 10 stack Renataki's (mostly) but with AMoC and DB used outside of BW to not "waste" BW GCDs

-2 Precast CS
    0 SrS
    1 DB
    2 AMoC
    3 RF+Stampede
    4 BW+Engi+KC
    5 GT
    6 AS
    7 AS
    8 AS
    9 AS
    10 KC

The issue with this opener is that sometimes laggspikes/server delay will only just push the 2nd KC outside of the Renataki, I have however gotten 812k KC crits with this at ilvl 553 without 4p but otherwise fully raidbuffed. I'd love to hear reasons as to why it's non-ideal though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting about a million burst with
    Serpent Sting
    Rapid Fire
    BW
    Stampede
    Kill Command
    Dire Beast
    AS x3-4
    Kill Command (With 5 stacks T16 4set)
    Serpent Sting
    Seems to work out the best for me with 576 ilvl with Normal TED / H WF Assurance.