• I'm Horde and I like it

705 53.33%
  • I'm Alliance and I hate it

78 5.90%
  • I'm Alliance and I like it

342 25.87%
Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's even more funny when you realize that the Warchief title has only existed for 60 or so years, and has only had four people in the seat (Blackhand, Doomhammer, Thrall, and Garrosh). That's if you don't count the "false" Warchiefs like Rend and Kargath. That's not exactly a huge amount of people to set a "orc only!" pattern with. It's just orcs were the race that founded the title so obviously they would be the ones with it until the Horde became more of a brotherhood as it is now.
    "False" warchief are not the right words. The story is explained from the view point of the winners, so the losers always had the "wrong" king, or the "false" warchief.
    The had the same rights like Thrall to be the warchief. But Thrall won the war, so the others are "false".

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    Horde =/= Orcs

What you want is WC1 Orcs vs Humans. There are 13 playable races not 2. There is no reason why Voljin would not be a badass leader more so than Thrall or anyone else would have been.

Moral of the Story is....Troll the master race
    I ask myself if the tables were flipped and for some reason the leader of the alliance became a gnome would the alliance players be ok with it. Hell no, there would be so much qq on the forums.
    "Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?"
    "That is the only time a man can be brave."
    -Lord Eddard Stark

The same guy that sat his lazy ass out due to "injuries"
    Lazy ass? Vol'jin got stabbed in the neck with a poison coated dagger...
    You now stand before the Countess.
    A story of Firsts from around the world:
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com/

I just love how people say "I expected someone more interesting. Boring and obvious choice."

Who would it be, then? People expected the following:

1. Vol'jin
    2. Thrall
    3. Sayrfang
    4. Lor'Themar

If it wasn't any of those, it wouldn't have made any sense. If it was (and is) one of those, people would complain about it being too obvious.

It doesn't matter if you love Vol'jin or hate him, but he was the only choice according to the story that made any sense based on development. Maybe Thrall, but there might even be a vocal MAJORITY against it, if that was the case. Invalidating all the lore from the past two years? Amazing idea!...wait.

I was gonna be the new Warchief but I was unsubbed, so they chose a different kind of Troll.
    Lets all go to the Blizz-store, Lets all go to the Blizz-store, Lets all go to the Blizz-store to buy ourselves some treats. Delicious things for geeks, the Pixels can't be beat. The Achievement points are just dandy, them sparkling mounts are quite handy. So Lets all go to the Blizz-store and buy ourselves a treat.

Where's the "I'm Alliance and I don't care" option?

Well, here's hoping Vol'jin ends up being better than his predecessors, Thrall included.

Agreed. A lot of folks here seem to forget that this game is a continually evolving story of which the author is Blizzard. They own the canon, they created the lore, and they can change any previous precedents they created (like an orc-only warchief) to suit their story. If they didn't, every expansion would just be a rehash of what has already happened. You can disagree with with the choice of Vol'jin, but you can't tell them they can't write him as the warchief because it's their story/lore.

Also, as for the "no orc will follow him" (or any other Horde race for that matter) argument, Thrall doesn't make Vol'Jin warchief, the leaders of the Horde collectively do. He says "If you lead, I will follow" and the others nod in approval of this showing their support. He was effectively elected the warchief by its members--without dissent or disagreement. Does that mean EVERYONE (all the npcs) in the Horde will agree with Vol'jin as warchief? Will he be universally accepted? Maybe, maybe not. Maybe he'll get back and there will be pockets of outlash from certain longstanding orc-only supporters. Maybe there will be quests around quelling or proving your new warchiefs worth. It find it far more interesting that this path will lead to new and interesting conflicts/resolutions than an orc leader where there would be none.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    As a result of whats happened with Varian, Jaina and Anduin in charge, and now trolls representing the horde.. its change the franchise, its now trolls vs humans.
    1) It's still World of Warcraft, with Horde VS Alliance.
    2) Having a Troll-Warchief doesn't suddenly make it 'Trolls vs Humans'.

how some of the developers have boasted about how the franchise is and always will be 'orcs vs humans'
    No, the CORE of the franchise is about that.
    And unless they retcon the entire history, that will still be the core of the franchise.

when clearly they are not splitting away from it with humans being in charge.
    They have to begin somewhere.
    I wouldn't want to see a discussion between you and "Alliance"-Trassk, constantly yelling: "NO, YOU CHANGE FIRST!".
    Last edited by Kangodo; 2013-09-12 at 10:23 PM.

My main is a troll and I love trolls! I also love Vol'jin! I think he was a great choice as he represented the Horde and playerbase (Hordeside) in their fight against Garrosh. Sure the other leaders helped, but Vol'jin was always at the forefront. Even since the troll patch where we took over the troll leveling area. So overall I think he was the perfect choice for warchief... if they wanted to play it safe.0

They COULD have had a much more unique outcome to the whole thing, other than just a simple, Thrall: "Hey Vol'jin, you did well, you're warchief now" Voljin: "I'm not worthy.... but I WILL!!!!" It would have been interesting to see a council instead, I'm sure there are even better ideas, but I think blizz played it safe with their choice, it was too predictable.

But for the stories purpose, I think it works so who cares!

Quote Originally Posted by yuca247 View Post
    I ask myself if the tables were flipped and for some reason the leader of the alliance became a gnome would the alliance players be ok with it. Hell no, there would be so much qq on the forums.
    If it made sense, if the gnome had been right all along when he said at the beginning "Putting this jerk in charge is a BAD IDEA, man," had been the one to demonstrate some damn leadership and get other racial leaders to get off their collective butts and DO something, had held the rest of the Alliance together and led a freaking rebellion against a human who wanted to pretty much exterminate everything that wasn't a human... Y'know what? I'd be 100% okay with that gnome as leader of the Alliance.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    If it made sense, if the gnome had been right all along when he said at the beginning "Putting this jerk in charge is a BAD IDEA, man," had been the one to demonstrate some damn leadership and get other racial leaders to get off their collective butts and DO something, had held the rest of the Alliance together and led a freaking rebellion against a human who wanted to pretty much exterminate everything that wasn't a human... Y'know what? I'd be 100% okay with that gnome as leader of the Alliance.
    Yeah. Comparing Vol'jin to Mekkatorque just shows how little somebody is actually paying attention or cares. Vol'jin's been a very proactive force in the MoP storyline. It's also difficult to compare Mekkatorque and Vol'jin, even if they did exactly the same things this xpac, because of the history Vol'jin has, versus Mekkatorque's...less grand one. Vol'jin's got that WC3 Horde cred.

I agree OP choice was horrible freaking vol'jin i feel like devs trolled us, siege pretty cool for alliance for horde it's haha you get vol'jin!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhallows View Post
    Yeah. Comparing Vol'jin to Mekkatorque just shows how little somebody is actually paying attention or cares. Vol'jin's been a very proactive force in the MoP storyline. It's also difficult to compare Mekkatorque and Vol'jin, even if they did exactly the same things this xpac, because of the history Vol'jin has, versus Mekkatorque's...less grand one. Vol'jin's got that WC3 Horde cred.
    Lol great wc3 cred we saved him from a sea witch and some murlocs.. He's a bad ass mofo for sure.. And then he was there for the ride.. If u want true Wc3 horde heroes you have thrall, rexxar or cairne..

What great development? Getting stabbed and healing with the help of the shado pan.. And going in some useless adventures with a human friend.. And getting some loa visions.. Did he do something to help the horde during that time? No.. It had to be the player and thrall that stoped the invasion of the echo isles by the krokon.. And it was anduin and the player that stoped the bell from getting into the hands of garrosh..

He was babysited in every step by other ppl.. Plus in comparison of just simple power he has nothing on most horde leaders or aliance ones.. He's weak.. Thats why he always turns to others for help.. Including the aliance..

Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    And that's a problem with the Alliance, not the Horde.

The Horde is the one that's getting better development here, having other races get some of the spotlight is not a bad thing.

No, its not. It not neccesary to have a non Orc Warchief to have other races get some spotlight either. They could have given more spotlight to other races and more spotlight to Vol'jin, Lo'themar, etc while putting Thrall was Warchief, like they should (and again, even Vol'jin and Varian KNEW that Thrall was the one that should have been Warchief).

The story would havebeen a better one with Thrall in charge instead of someone who hasnt done a single thing to justify being there.
    Last edited by Crashdummy; 2013-09-13 at 11:17 AM.
    Thrall always was, is, and will be my true Warchief. Garrosh and Vol'jin werent/arent.

Vol'jins literally fought against nobody significant in all the time he's been in the story. He's always been standing back well others fight around him.

Only time he has fought anyone, has been the sea witch and zalazane, which nobody can regard with any significance in the story.
    Big thanks to Davillage for awesome signature

Quote Originally Posted by Zarry View Post
    Lol great wc3 cred we saved him from a sea witch and some murlocs.. He's a bad ass mofo for sure.. And then he was there for the ride.. If u want true Wc3 horde heroes you have thrall, rexxar or cairne..

What great development? Getting stabbed and healing with the help of the shado pan.. And going in some useless adventures with a human friend.. And getting some loa visions.. Did he do something to help the horde during that time? No.. It had to be the player and thrall that stoped the invasion of the echo isles by the krokon.. And it was anduin and the player that stoped the bell from getting into the hands of garrosh..

He was babysited in every step by other ppl.. Plus in comparison of just simple power he has nothing on most horde leaders or aliance ones.. He's weak.. Thats why he always turns to others for help.. Including the aliance..
    This is exactly the problem with it. I mean its like the Gnome leader, Genn, or Velen taking over the alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    This is exactly the problem with it. I mean its like the Gnome leader, Genn, or Velen taking over the alliance.
    At least in velens excuse, he's not a fighter and never shown to be, so you can't expect it from him. Vol'jin? He's been paraded as a shadow hunter for years, yet we never seen him do anything to present it.
    Big thanks to Davillage for awesome signature

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    The Warchief should have been another Orc, preferably Saurfang or the half-Orc/half-Ogre Rexxar. I would have choose Rexxar, because that would be a great intro for Ogres joining up with the Horde.
    Except why would an orc half-breed, who feels more kinship with animals than other orcs, ever decide to take up court politics? A mantle of leadership is the absolute LAST thing they should do with Rexxar. That'd be like Marvel making Wolverine the U.N. Sec.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    At least in velens excuse, he's not a fighter and never shown to be, so you can't expect it from him. Vol'jin? He's been paraded as a shadow hunter for years, yet we never seen him do anything to present it.
    Well to be honest it's right there in the name, "shadow hunter". If he was completely out in full view and bright light he wouldn't be a "shadow" hunter would he? If you can tell where the shadow hunters strike, then they're kinda shitty shadow hunters.
    Last edited by Urti; 2013-09-13 at 01:54 PM.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Stood in the Fire High Priestess Ishanah's Avatar
    I love how Trassk has started to hate vol'jin just because he's the Warchief in Thrall's place. hilarious. i just hope blizzard don't end up killing off vol'jin to appease him and the other Thrall fans, like they did with garrosh.

on topic, as an alliance player i like it. orcs have their warchief back, albeit not as their warchief, and the horde has a new kind of leader. We'll see where it goes.

"Hey what if they made Sylvanas a warchief? that would be amazing and now this shitty troll, I hate it" fanboys were' ya' at?
    OT: I'm happy that Vol'jin is WC and don't see any problem in it.

Excuse me, are you saying something? Nah, you can't tell me nothing