• I'm Horde and I like it

705 53.25%
  • I'm Alliance and I hate it

78 5.89%
  • I'm Alliance and I like it

344 25.98%
Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Well, there's a chance of Vol'jin dying fast in the role of the Warchief or simply snapping from the pressure of being one. From the Vol'jin book Bwonsamdi told him:

"....for the burden your victory earns gonna be one that will grind you into dust". So, despite Vol'jin surviving the poisoned dagger, something will grind him to dust eventually, and maybe Rexxard/Thrall will take his place, thus bringing sunshine into Trassk's world.

I am not going to vote cause my opinion does reflect the chooses available. I am horde and I am fine with it, not saying I like it but I certainly do not hate it. Vol'jin has been building up to become the Warchief so it was already pretty obvious he was the most likely contender. Vol'jin is a fine character but I to say I like the choice is a big overstatement.

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    Corrected WRONG.

As a Shadow Hunter Vol'jin is respected even by Zandalari.
    Interesting thought just popped into my head. The Zandalari need a home, right? And if it's true that Vol'jin is respected even by them. Could we see the Zandalari merge into Vol'jin's Horde down the line?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
    Well, there's a chance of Vol'jin dying fast in the role of the Warchief or simply snapping from the pressure of being one. From the Vol'jin book Bwonsamdi told him:

"....for the burden your victory earns gonna be one that will grind you into dust". So, despite Vol'jin surviving the poisoned dagger, something will grind him to dust eventually, and maybe Rexxard/Thrall will take his place, thus bringing sunshine into Trassk's world.
    I doubt Blizz would turn around and have another new Warchief for 7.0. The job would be as hazardous as teaching Defense against the Dark Arts.

I do think Vol'jin is going to be tested fast and early. By Sylvanas, Varian, and whatever the next big threat to the world is.
    "You should only install Warlords on your master hard drive. They will never be slaves." - @CM_Lore

Derinii - Wyrmrest Accord | Pridistia - Wyrmrest Accord (going to faction change)

One thing that I do think is interesting about Vol'Jin being Warchief is how his leash on Sylvanas will be.

Garrosh proved that you could have the tightest leash on her that you wanted, but if you weren't intelligent enough, she'd find a way around it. Vol'Jin however, is intelligent. It will be interesting to see the tensions start to rise when the leash tightens and Sylvanas not being able to simply go around it.

I don't see a civil war or anything starting over it, but it's still an interesting angle.

Big thanks to Yoni for making this Avatar and Signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Interesting thought just popped into my head. The Zandalari need a home, right? And if it's true that Vol'jin is respected even by them. Could we see the Zandalari merge into Vol'jin's Horde down the line?

wait what happend to Zuldazar? I thought the zandalari had a home and an empire on an island in the Sea?

nevermind, i googled it for myself, i had not realized it was 'destroyed' during the shattering.

- - - Updated - - -

i don't think vol'jin wants anything to do with the Zandalari.
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2013-09-13 at 02:56 PM.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    At least in velens excuse, he's not a fighter and never shown to be, so you can't expect it from him. Vol'jin? He's been paraded as a shadow hunter for years, yet we never seen him do anything to present it.
    Vol'jin was the guy in the shadows with one job: Securing Horde in Kalimdor and to some extent Eastern Kingdoms (wrathgate event).
    He is the dude that sends assassins too.

Vol'jin is badass - Thrall will return to the orcs as warchief. (i hope so though -but it is a safe bet)
    Frostwolf clan is best clan!
    Tauren Shaman - Pandaren Monk - Orc Hunter - Troll Druid

Herald of the Titans Geminiwolf's Avatar
    I actually didn't want to know until I experienced the raid cinematic myself but I gave in and now that I know who the new Warchief is I'm pretty disappointed. I mean I'm fine with Vol'Jin being new Warchief it's just I think Blizzard could've made it more interesting instead of choosing an obvious choice.

If only Blizzard didn't kill off Nazgrim I think he would've been the best choice but noooo Blizzard wanted him to die.
    Last edited by Geminiwolf; 2013-09-13 at 03:04 PM.
    “Ever wonder why ice cubes taste so boring? It’s cuz you make ‘em outta stupid water, you bimbo! Put some fruit juice in there and freeze it into ice cubes, and put THAT in your milk.”
    "One small mankind and I'm gonna leap the heck outta this moon rocket." - Kneel Aurmstrang
    For your health.

For Vol'Jin MON'!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    wait what happend to Zuldazar? I thought the zandalari had a home and an empire on an island in the Sea?

nevermind, i googled it for myself, i had not realized it was 'destroyed' during the shattering.

- - - Updated - - -

i don't think vol'jin wants anything to do with the Zandalari.

With the might of the horde in his hands - he can try to bring in other trolls - and become king of all trolls at the same time. Vol'jin became the most powerful troll when blizzard made him warchief.
    Frostwolf clan is best clan!
    Tauren Shaman - Pandaren Monk - Orc Hunter - Troll Druid

What I'm more interested in, who's going to be the next orc racial leader?

If you think about it, in gameplay terms, who the warchief is doesn't make that much of a difference. The troll racial leader is still the same, it's the orc one that changes. As soon as we know who it is, that'll make a difference, albeit a small one.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    There's this concept called "fun." I know it's foreign to most of the people on this forum, but perhaps you should look into it; there's a school of thought that suggests it's integral to why people play games.

Stood in the Fire melkesjokolade's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultramonkey View Post
    This the same Orgrim who trained Thrall, the notorious Alliance lover? Vol'Jin has no love for the Alliance, he only allowed their aid because Garrosh had to go and he couldn't do it alone.

Also, Baine loves Anduin and Lor'themar was close to joining the Alliance in the build-up to the Siege.
    ^this
    stop whining you little kid(OP), vol'jin is obvious the best choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumennon View Post
    What I'm more interested in, who's going to be the next orc racial leader?

If you think about it, in gameplay terms, who the warchief is doesn't make that much of a difference. The troll racial leader is still the same, it's the orc one that changes. As soon as we know who it is, that'll make a difference, albeit a small one.
    its thrall. I think that was pretty obvious..

[Wowpedia]
    After Garrosh's capture, Thrall personally chose Vol'jin to hold the Horde together and pledged his allegiance to him, along with the remaining leaders of the faction. He also resumed his rule over the orcish clans of the Horde and the nation of Durotar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melkesjokolade View Post
    ^this
    stop whining you little kid(OP), vol'jin is obvious the best choice.
    except the fact vol'jin sucks when it comes to combat.

its thrall. I think that was pretty obvious..
    Not from the cinematic. He just said he'd follow him, I think wowpedia is reaching on this a tad. At least according to the lore outside of the game, Thrall is now very attached to his new duties in the Earthen Ring.

However, if definitive confirmation on this comes from, say, his text when you speak to him after the cinematic, then yes, my bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    There's this concept called "fun." I know it's foreign to most of the people on this forum, but perhaps you should look into it; there's a school of thought that suggests it's integral to why people play games.

I believe that we will be seeing Vol'jin as warchief and his character development for a good while with upcoming expansions. for one the horde needs stability built back up and I think it will be awesome to see Vol'jin worthy of being the warchief and finding it out himself.

I don't see why people are so disappointed in this. It was obvious that he was going to be the new warchief and I'm glad I happened. Things have to be changed and having a Troll as warchief is a change that needed to come to the game. If you don't like it then go alliance.

The Stupid Island of incredibly moronic laws.
    Disapointed that blizz lied about it being someone we didn't expect.
    I quit horde and went alliance after seeing it was vol'jin who (Lets face it) has done little beyond leading a rebelion (which almost failed horribly as he wasted all his siege weapons) and dying.
    Lor'themar is likely to fade back into obsqurity.
    However i'm happy gilneas will get some love soonTM.

Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    Me'dan is still inexperienced and young... but Thrall is old and with alot of experience. :P perhaps when Thrall is crucified (it will happen very very soon.) Me'dan will take it's place.
    You know that's what make him even more Mary-sue..., he's young, inexperience and super mega powerfull! he's a warrior, paladin, shaman, druid, priest!

Thrall's power can, at least, be explained... we saw him when he became a warrior, and we saw his journay as a shaman, so at least, he's not unexplicable OP...

I'm pretty satisfied with the choice of the new Warchief, tbh. Vol'jin is a great character, and while I don't mind him sitting on the Warchief's throne at all, the only complaint I have is that the finale of SoO was so very predictable.
    o/

Vol'jin is awesome. Trolls are the best Horde race. What's not to love?

except the fact vol'jin sucks when it comes to combat.
    it's a problem only in a universe where ass-kicking equals authority. which, sadly, is what the WoW-verse is.
    but in reality. a leader's ability in combat is not actually that central or important. that's what military bureaucracies are for.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!