View Poll Results: Your thoughts

Voters
1319. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm Horde and I hate it

    197 14.94%
  • I'm Horde and I like it

    702 53.22%
  • I'm Alliance and I hate it

    78 5.91%
  • I'm Alliance and I like it

    342 25.93%
Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ...
14
22
23
24
25
26
34
... LastLast
  1. #461
    Banned Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    16,473
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Alliance hates our warchief less then we do, lol.
    because most of them are getting a laugh out of it.

  2. #462
    heh more horde like it than hate it in the poll. guess the horde are liking it too.
    i5-3570K 4.2GHz :: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO :: ASRock Z75 Pro3 :: Corsair XMS3 8GB :: Crucial M4 256GB :: Radeon HD 7870 XT :: NZXT Source 210 (Black) :: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified :: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium ::

  3. #463
    The Lightbringer Wildberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Waiting for WoD (..To be scrapped completely)
    Posts
    3,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    because most of them are getting a laugh out of it.
    Varian: And then he says "I speak for Da Horde" and I thought, "That would imply you can speak at all!"
    *Genn, Danath, Jaina, Varian, Tyrande, Malfurion, Gelbin, Muradin, Moira, Falstad, Kurdran, Velen, Nobundo, and Vereesa Laugh in unison*
    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Xecks View Post
    heh more horde like it than hate it in the poll. guess the horde are liking it too.
    I wouldn't trust polls with things like this, how many lore ignorant posters do you think voted? What about the people who disregard Vol'jin's poor track record because "Muh Change" and "Muh Trolls".
    Quote Originally Posted by ImportantLoreInformation View Post
    Seriously. Can this guy please be banned from the forums?
    Quote Originally Posted by JimPaladin View Post
    Could we just get this fucking clown a ban or something? Pretty please?

  4. #464
    Banned Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    16,473
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post

    It might have not been done before to the extent that it has in Warcraft, but to classify Warcraft's Orcs as "generic" is beyond ignorant. I mean you're telling me that Blizzard Orcs, which are often credited for being the first Orcs portrayed in a positive light are on the level of Warhammer's parody of Soccer Hooligans, or Tolkiens Orcs? I don't think so.
    This is why I find myself not able to get into any other genre where orcs exist in it. lord of the rings? there evil. Warhammer? as you say football hooligans and derpy. Allods online? There russian orcs from the kremlin. Neverwinter? again, tolkein type orcs, and half breed orcs which just feels cheap.

    Warcraft is the only franchise to get orcs right, to show them as people, and as I said previous, because of them being unlike any other orcs in any other franchise, they worked perfect as the example to represent the horde. The horde began with orcs, its always been orcs, and having some punks with a hang up against orcs because its not there fav race claim 'its time for change' is just rubbing salt in the wounds this story has made them into now.

    Its sick to say, but I'm not looking to the future, thinking when Vol'jin is either killed ro removed from power, and with hope, an orc with some mantle taking the horde again, and leading it as it was meant to be, orcs leading by example, defending the horde, well humans do the same for the alliance.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Xecks View Post
    heh more horde like it than hate it in the poll. guess the horde are liking it too.
    alliance fanboys posing as horde. if you go over to the offical wow forums, your see the majority of those saying they like the idea, are alliance players, making claim they know whats right for the horde, which having alliance say whats best for it, well piss on my grave, lets have americans decide on whats best for the middle east too.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post

    I wouldn't trust polls with things like this, how many lore ignorant posters do you think voted? What about the people who disregard Vol'jin's poor track record because "Muh Change" and "Muh Trolls".
    exactly, when change comes people don't care what it is, just because it new it must be good to them.

  5. #465
    I am Murloc! The Glitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Litwak's Arcade Sunny Scotland!
    Posts
    5,793
    Guess it's time for all the Hordies to have a whinefest about their story Should us Alliance show them the same courtesy they showed us when the Alliance were upset about their storylines? Remember all those *Why are Alliance such whiners?* threads? lol.

    Orcs are still there, they haven't been shafted out the game, they are just giving some other races some airtime, Thrall recognizes Vol'jins potential leadership qualities, lets wait and see what they do next

  6. #466
    Banned Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    16,473
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Guess it's time for all the Hordies to have a whinefest about their story Should us Alliance show them the same courtesy they showed us when the Alliance were upset about their storylines? Remember all those *Why are Alliance such whiners?* threads? lol.

    Orcs are still there, they haven't been shafted out the game, they are just giving some other races some airtime, Thrall recognizes Vol'jins potential leadership qualities, lets wait and see what they do next
    Difference between this situation and the alliances, alliance where needlessly whining, constantly, despite there faction not having lost face with itself over the course of events. You notice how the alliance didn't have anything even remotely interesting to complain about itself before all this, and then there excuse for complaining came from how horde got some attention? yeah, thats what there whining was.
    And what happens at the end of 5.4, oh thats right, the alliance is still the same as it was before, it hasn't changed face, and you get to walk off gloating that the horde does loose face with itself, well yours is firmly stuck doing what its always doing.

  7. #467
    Stood in the Fire High Priestess Ishanah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Draenor, with Yrel and Maraad
    Posts
    369
    Quote Originally Posted by Xecks View Post
    heh more horde like it than hate it in the poll. guess the horde are liking it too.
    most of the hate is coming from die hard orc fanatics who can't fathom the idea of their race not being the main characters of the Horde cast anymore.

    I'm tired of the orcs. Their constant struggle with not being mauraiding idiots is to the detriment of every other race forced to tag along with them. teaching the orcs not to be evil every expansion is just boring. hopefully Vol'jin and thrall knock some sense into them.

  8. #468
    Banned Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    16,473
    Quote Originally Posted by High Priestess Ishanah View Post
    most of the hate is coming from die hard orc fanatics who can't fathom the idea of their race not being the main characters of the Horde cast anymore.

    I'm tired of the orcs. Their constant struggle with not being mauraiding idiots is to the detriment of every other race forced to tag along with them. teaching the orcs not to be evil every expansion is just boring. hopefully Vol'jin and thrall knock some sense into them.
    and THAT sums up your post in one. you hate orcs, so you want them to be cast adrift. Hey, I hate humans in wow too, there boring and full of themselves, but I wouldn't ask blizzard to f**k up the story and have a night elf rule over humans for some giggles.

  9. #469
    Herald of the Titans Bigbazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    2,885
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Alliance hates our warchief less then we do, lol.
    We don't hate the Warchief, the poll shows vast majority of people like it. Just a few loud voices in the thread having a whine for the sake of whining.
    I7 2600k @4.5ghz : 16GB DDR3 : GTX670 : Firestudio : Naga : G27

  10. #470
    I am Murloc! The Glitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Litwak's Arcade Sunny Scotland!
    Posts
    5,793
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Difference between this situation and the alliances, alliance where needlessly whining, constantly, despite there faction not having lost face with itself over the course of events. You notice how the alliance didn't have anything even remotely interesting to complain about itself before all this, and then there excuse for complaining came from how horde got some attention? yeah, thats what there whining was.
    And what happens at the end of 5.4, oh thats right, the alliance is still the same as it was before, it hasn't changed face, and you get to walk off gloating that the horde does loose face with itself, well yours is firmly stuck doing what its always doing.
    Um Jaina has changed, pretty drastically wouldn't you say? Your warchief has been a big git over the whole expansion, and has been pretty much main focus for the story, your getting a new warchief that is sure to take the hordes story even further, I mean its a huge change, not only a new warchief, but a non Orc warchief, I'd love to have a similar story arc going on Alliance side.

    Whining is whining regardless, each side believes they have a reason to be upset about something, your reason isn't anymore important or worthy, than that of an Alliance player that has issues with their factions story.

    You need to take your blinders off. Yes orcs are a huge part of Warcraft, yes Humans and Orcs were the founders of Warcraft, but it's been over 10 years now, keeping things the same just because *it's always been that way* is as boring as a story could be. I want to see other races get more development, Vol'jin hopefully is a start. We don't know whats going to happen next, for all you know your orcs could be a major plotline in the near future, then all your bitching about how its all *trolls v humans* now would be in vain.

    How about you give Vol'jin a chance to show he's a capable leader, I think he's already shown his potential, but at least in your eyes, give him a chance? Everyone deserves a chance, and he surely cannot be any worse than Garrosh.

  11. #471
    The Lightbringer Wildberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Waiting for WoD (..To be scrapped completely)
    Posts
    3,852
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Guess it's time for all the Hordies to have a whinefest about their story Should us Alliance show them the same courtesy they showed us when the Alliance were upset about their storylines? Remember all those *Why are Alliance such whiners?* threads? lol.
    Well the difference here is that, we already knew the outcome of MoP generally speaking, The Alliance was going to win the war, the Horde was going to crumble on itself, just like the second war, they were going to get their little victories. Also the Alliance is still being led by a human count yourselves lucky.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Orcs are still there, they haven't been shafted out the game, they are just giving some other races some airtime, Thrall recognizes Vol'jins potential leadership qualities, lets wait and see what they do next
    For me personally, there is nowhere interesting they can go with Vol'jin, I've never liked the character to be honest, the thought of an Orcish organization being run by a non-orc was bad enough, having the guy with terrible credentials leading it? My worst nightmare.

    Quote Originally Posted by High Priestess Ishanah View Post
    most of the hate is coming from die hard orc fanatics who can't fathom the idea of their race not being the main characters of the Horde cast anymore.

    I'm tired of the orcs. Their constant struggle with not being mauraiding idiots is to the detriment of every other race forced to tag along with them. teaching the orcs not to be evil every expansion is just boring. hopefully Vol'jin and thrall knock some sense into them.
    Nice Draenei avatar, did you know that Draenei are members of the Alliance? And because of that your opinion to what the Horde should and shouldn't be is irrelevant?
    Quote Originally Posted by ImportantLoreInformation View Post
    Seriously. Can this guy please be banned from the forums?
    Quote Originally Posted by JimPaladin View Post
    Could we just get this fucking clown a ban or something? Pretty please?

  12. #472
    Nice Draenei avatar, did you know that Draenei are members of the Alliance? And because of that your opinion to what the Horde should and shouldn't be is irrelevant?
    Could we just get this fucking clown a ban or something? Pretty please?

  13. #473
    Stood in the Fire High Priestess Ishanah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Draenor, with Yrel and Maraad
    Posts
    369
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    and THAT sums up your post in one. you hate orcs, so you want them to be cast adrift. Hey, I hate humans in wow too, there boring and full of themselves, but I wouldn't ask blizzard to f**k up the story and have a night elf rule over humans for some giggles.
    I liked the orcs before Mop.

    Mop proved true every single complaint people have had with Orcs since.. ever. They do not deserve to rule the horde. They cant keep themselves in check without a human raised Orc to tell them how stupid their warmongering is.

    whats funny though is how this means nothing. orcs will still be the main characters of the horde, they just won't have the power to rampage around and be monsters anymore. Why is this BAD? shouldnt you LIKE this development, having a warchief who won't LET the orcs turn evil again?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Nice Draenei avatar, did you know that Draenei are members of the Alliance? And because of that your opinion to what the Horde should and shouldn't be is irrelevant?
    I have horde toons too. Why does me liking the draenei mean i can't have an opinion on the story?

    orcs have fucked up leading the horde. Garrosh only got as far as he did because of the HUGE support he had from the orcs, right from the start and right to the end. Its called the Darkspear rebellion for a reason, not the orc rebellion.

    even in the rebellion, we had TWO orcs who opposed him. 3 with eitrigg.

    it's just sad. How many redemptions do the Orcs need? When will they learn their lesson?
    Last edited by High Priestess Ishanah; 2013-09-14 at 04:47 PM.

  14. #474
    Banned Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    16,473
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post

    For me personally, there is nowhere interesting they can go with Vol'jin, I've never liked the character to be honest, the thought of an Orcish organization being run by a non-orc was bad enough, having the guy with terrible credentials leading it? My worst nightmare.
    pretty much. the orcs can't go anywhere well vol'jin leads the horde, it feels like the death in the franchise.

  15. #475
    I am Murloc! The Glitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Litwak's Arcade Sunny Scotland!
    Posts
    5,793
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Nice Draenei avatar, did you know that Draenei are members of the Alliance? And because of that your opinion to what the Horde should and shouldn't be is irrelevant?
    Oh come on, surely you can see that this is a ridiculous thing to say. Just because someone plays mainly one faction doesn't mean they aren't invested in the whole storyline for both factions, or that their opinion is irrelevant, think about what you are saying...

  16. #476
    Yay Vol'jin! When they first announced there would be a new Warchief I told people it would be Vol'jin (mostly as a joke, cuz most people know how much I love trolls). However, as the expack progress I must admit I'm kinda sad they didn't go with Lor'themar. I didn't realize how cool he was until just recently, I hope Lor'themar keeps a more prominent place in game-play from here on out >_>

  17. #477
    Sylvanas should've taken The throne. She is ruthless yet protective. She would've done an amazing job. I hope the war on Gilneas they hinted, she becomes an even bigger part of the horde.

  18. #478
    Banned Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    16,473
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Oh come on, surely you can see that this is a ridiculous thing to say. Just because someone plays mainly one faction doesn't mean they aren't invested in the whole storyline for both factions, or that their opinion is irrelevant, think about what you are saying...
    so, you think its ridiculous for someone to claim a person isn't invested in an aspect of the story so they base there judgement of the situation on that (such as saying they dont' like orcs or play them so think its cool a non-orc warchief is now in charge).. and yet when someone is invested in an aspect of the story they liked to much, that it makes them feel let down and betrayed by the developers when they fuck it up, thats irrelevent? (such as orc fans seeing orcs reduced to cannon fodder bad guys, then then having there place in the horde pissed on).

    There are those who take that sense of what we like in the story seriously, its what drew us to the game, our characters, lore characters we like, and what, in many cases, kept us playing. So its not irrelevant for someone who feels pissed off at the developers for changing something so sudden and dramatically, that they feel that way about it.

  19. #479
    The Lightbringer Wildberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Waiting for WoD (..To be scrapped completely)
    Posts
    3,852
    Quote Originally Posted by High Priestess Ishanah View Post
    I have horde toons too. Why does me liking the draenei mean i can't have an opinion on the story?

    orcs have fucked up leading the horde. Garrosh only got as far as he did because of the HUGE support he had from the orcs, right from the start and right to the end. Its called the Darkspear rebellion for a reason, not the orc rebellion.

    even in the rebellion, we had TWO orcs who opposed him. 3 with eitrigg.

    it's just sad. How many redemptions do the Orcs need? When will they learn their lesson?
    Because it's a Horde story, I'm assuming that you play mainly Alliance, your Draenei avatar is indicative of this. Whether or not you have Horde toons is irrelevant, since, due to your investment in the Alliance, you are most likely going to see the Orcs in a bad light (which you do.)

    As far as Orcs fucking up leading the Horde, I've already given a list of decent Orc leaders as far as Warchiefs of the Horde go right now we've had two terrible ones and two good ones, last time I checked 2/4 is a better ratio than 1/3 (Archimonde, Velen, and Kil'jaeden.)

    As far as it being called the Darkspear Rebellion, let's not forget that there are the Orc refugees outside of Razor Hill, in addition to those in Razor Hill that defected. Not to mention most of the Orcs are oathbound so their hands are pretty much tied (Especially with Malkorok and The Korkron abducting those who question Hellscream's regime.) and let's not forget the soldiers like Nazgrim, they don't like what they're doing, but as soldiers "Theirs is not to question, only to act."

    Also, when considering these NPC's note that in-game numbers =/= Lore numbers, otherwise the Darkspear rebellion would be attacking Orgrimmar with a force of Roughly 50, they wouldn't take a small town with those numbers, so the amount of Orcs you see in game, is in fact much larger, in lore.

    As far as Orcs and redemption goes, let's see. The first corruption is indirectly the fault of the Draenei, a warning that there might be one of the most threatening forces in the universe trying to exterminate you, and have snuffed out countless planets that you have settled on would be nice, you could also throw in that the main person TRYING to find you is called "the Deciever." As far as Garrosh goes, that's what happens when a bad person gets in a seat of power, that doesn't say anything about the Orcs as a whole, nor does it say anything about the one who appointed him. (Thrall's idea of "Long" was months, not years, he wasn't counting on Deathwing Shattering Azeroth, and Garrosh wasn't showing signs of starting a global conflict and kicking all non-Orcs out of the Horde)

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    There are those who take that sense of what we like in the story seriously, its what drew us to the game, our characters, lore characters we like, and what, in many cases, kept us playing. So its not irrelevant for someone who feels pissed off at the developers for changing something so sudden and dramatically, that they feel that way about it.
    Honestly if it weren't for the friends I had made raiding, and the lore, I probably would have moved on to a different MMO or even game genre entirely by now.

    Also, to "The Glitch" I'm not whining because my favorite race isn't leading a faction anymore, I'm complaining because a core aspect of the game was changed for absolutely no reason, and, not to sound over dramatic, it does feel like a betrayal, considering I grew up on WCIII. This isn't even taking into consideration that they chose one of the WORST guys for the job. (With Gallywix and Sylvanas being the only two that would be worse) You can be excited for the change, like I've said before, but I've pretty much lost interest in the Horde's story, and I feel like the people here cheering that the Orcs are now out of the spot light are in for a disappointment when they realize that one race traded the spotlight with another. Expect the Siame-Quashi to replace the Kor'kron.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImportantLoreInformation View Post
    Seriously. Can this guy please be banned from the forums?
    Quote Originally Posted by JimPaladin View Post
    Could we just get this fucking clown a ban or something? Pretty please?

  20. #480
    I am Murloc! The Glitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Litwak's Arcade Sunny Scotland!
    Posts
    5,793
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    so, you think its ridiculous for someone to claim a person isn't invested in an aspect of the story so they base there judgement of the situation on that (such as saying they dont' like orcs or play them so think its cool a non-orc warchief is now in charge).. and yet when someone is invested in an aspect of the story they liked to much, that it makes them feel let down and betrayed by the developers when they fuck it up, thats irrelevent? (such as orc fans seeing orcs reduced to cannon fodder bad guys, then then having there place in the horde pissed on).

    There are those who take that sense of what we like in the story seriously, its what drew us to the game, our characters, lore characters we like, and what, in many cases, kept us playing. So its not irrelevant for someone who feels pissed off at the developers for changing something so sudden and dramatically, that they feel that way about it.
    Yes I do think it's ridiculous.

    If we go with your thinking, then all those Hordies that come into threads to bitch and whine about Alliance players that have complaints about Alliance storylines, should also stay away as their opinion isn't valid, due to them being Horde right? Yet I've seen you come in all hell breaking loose into threads where Alliance folks have concerns telling them they are wrong and just whiners. You are no better than the people you complain about.

    I respect both factions storylines, I enjoy both factions storylines, I also respect other peoples views on their favourite faction, so long as they aren't making wild accusations and belittling other players just because they don't agree with you.

    I haven't been happy with a lot of things they have done with some of my favourite characters, but I can also stand back and say *ok well it may not be the way I thought it should go, but I will let it play out and see where it takes us* rather than hit the forums and try and stuff my opinion down everyones throats and tell them they are wrong when they disagree.

    I love Thralls story, and have no hate against Orcs as a rule, I just also know that stagnant waters start to smell after a while, it's better to drink from a fresh pool. This is why I like Vol'jin being given the chance to shine and show what he's made of, you keep saying they hardly have any backstory, then let them have a story, this is their chance to go deep into another race and give them the depth they need.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •