Poll: Your thoughts

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    your avatar will get your banned.

- - - Updated - - -

Its not, as you say, they killed so many orcs in this. They destroyed all the work and development the orcs had since WC3, and now reduce the orcs to the underdogs, lower then the trolls, which is fucking depressing to think about.

my only hope is for the orcs to grow strong against over time, and become the face of the horde once again.
    After all that's been argued on the matter the only thing that can really be said anymore is "boo hoo".

Quote Originally Posted by Zarry View Post
    Then why a separation at all? Lets make a best buddys club and end the aliance and horde..
    That was the original intention of WoW, but due to popularity of faction PVP based games like Dark Age of Camelot, Blizzard decided to change the dynamic and have the factions at war once again. Remember at the end of WC3 when everyone worked together and Medivh walked off talking about how all the united mortals would be able to now defend the world? That was supposed to be what lead into WoW, with a full open world and no factions, ala original EverQuest.

This is why the first promotional image every released of the game has a human, orc, and tauren standing together, and the first ever trailer showed humans, orcs, tauren, and dwarves fighting monsters in a group. The change to the dynamic came almost a year later when they altered it back to a Horde and Alliance model, shoe-horning the Night Elves into the Alliance.

There have been rumors that Blizzard may move back to this option once the whole faction design has run out. We have been doing a lot of lead up into it just this expansion.

It's a good question to make to the devs in blizzcon.. Will the horde ever win a war? I mean wc1 and wc2 horde lost both wars.. And the Mop campaign was the 3 horde vs aliance war.. Sure garroshes horde was also facing a civil war but the horde in Wc1 and Wc2 also had his internal disputes and was still considered the horde as a whole.. So yeah its our 3 loss in wow historie..
    What are you talking about? The Horde won WC1. It was why WC2 even existed, because the humans that were defeated at Stormwind fled to Lordaeron, forming the first Alliance. The Alliance was given the win in WC2, and then "both" were given the win in the WC2 expansion. The Horde was also at Hyjal, and while they were not alone I would still consider stopping the end of the world a victory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultramonkey View Post
    This the same Orgrim who trained Thrall, the notorious Alliance lover? Vol'Jin has no love for the Alliance, he only allowed their aid because Garrosh had to go and he couldn't do it alone.

Also, Baine loves Anduin and Lor'themar was close to joining the Alliance in the build-up to the Siege.
    I would gladly welcome those two races on Alliance side!

But yeah, I'm kind of underwhelmed by it being Vol'jin. Just.... meh.

For me, orce were the face of the Horde, main race of the horde, main reason for the horde to exist, in W3C orcs started the horde, by meeting trolls, taurens etc. Now it feels like Blizzard has annihilated the race and the main reason of the horde existence. I just can't stand the idea of Vol'jin as the warchief.
    Anyway, this whole Garrosh rebelion is dumb idea made only because they had nothing better to think off. I would rather see some pandarens going mad because of what horde/alliance bring to their hearths with war, so pandarens should steal the hearth of Sha and be patch 5.4 bosses or smth, or klaxxi or whatever there is from their land. I am totally done with the Wow's lore now, it feels even more dull thant it felt after Arthas' defeat.

From patch to patch I am more and more dissappointed. Now I am done done done. It just seems that they are killing their franchise, to kill SC, Diablo and Warcraft when their retire, which will happen in 10 years max. We all know that Diablo 3, SC2 are the latest games for these IPs.
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2013-09-15 at 02:14 AM.

Deleted
    my only hope is for the orcs to grow strong against over time, and become the face of the horde once again.
    Orcs survived Gul'dans shit they can survive Garrosh's. They also have a head start with the whole not being put in internment camps like last time.

"A true warchief would never partner with cowards" -Garrosh Hellscream

Those cowards being the alliance. How dare Vol'jin partner with the Alliance to take down Garrosh?

All hail da Troll King.

i don't mind vol'jin being the warchief, its a nice change and i think would make a decent leader

I knew it was a formal thing, after looking at latest development. I gotta say I like it, things will get really interesting from now on, he is not hotheaded and headstrong leader like Garrosh was, and he is not as soft and stagmatic as Thrall is (with all respect to him).

So far he proven himself to be loyal and worthy. We gotta wait and see how he will be doing. For me the wrost is over and by the worst I mean the period in which we all had to serve moron with daddy-issue which Garrosh is. It can only be better, no matter what haters gonna say.

and OP lol, you blame Vol'Jin who had to cooperate with Alliance (after taking advice from Baine), and you praise Theron who was willing to get back to Alliance and made and efforst in this direction. If anything he would be the one to get flames.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    I knew it was a formal thing, after looking at latest development. I gotta say I like it, things will get really interesting from now on, he is not hotheaded and headstrong leader like Garrosh was, and he is not as soft and stagmatic as Thrall is (with all respect to him).

So far he proven himself to be loyal and worthy. We gotta wait and see how he will be doing. For me the wrost is over and by the worst I mean the period in which we all had to serve moron with daddy-issue which Garrosh is. It can only be better, no matter what haters gonna say.

and OP lol, you blame Vol'Jin who had to cooperate with Alliance (after taking advice from Baine), and you praise Theron who was willing to get back to Alliance and made and efforst in this direction. If anything he would be the one to get flames.

Why Garrosh was popular amongst orcs in a first place? Horde needed resources, badly. Thrall was a great leader in a perilous time, but not exactly a great ruler. Saving world is great, but only on full stomach. Hellscream created well-oiled war machine that could get resources needed.

Thrall, probably not intentionally, created myths about horde heroes. Grom, Orgrim - role models for young orcs, who never saw first war. Saurfang and Eitrigg know what young orcs not - what atrocities they committed. But young and hot-blooded, "patriotic" orcs would always cheer for war.

So orcs need a new leader. But it can't be Thrall or Saurfang. Someone like Nazgrim (sadly, dead) to find a new path. Like, you know, Germany after WW2.

10+ Year Old Account
    The revealing of the new Warchief feels like one of the biggest anti-climax's in history... Nothing turned inside me, nothing sparked. It just felt meh.

However, Jaina looks pure evil now and Vol'Jin has this evil look on his face as if he is going to screw over the Alliance any time soon. So perhaps this'll get interesting sometime in the future. But still an anti-climax regardless.

Deleted
    Voted "I'm alliance and I like it". Because rofl, a troll leading your faction. I put it at the level of the Alliance being lead by a gnome, hahahaha, you certainly got screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Just because it's legitimate doesn't mean the players have to like it. Trolls are an inferior race, and don't deserve to be over the whole Horde. It'd be like a dwarf or draenei being the main leader of the Alliance. I don't even play Alliance, and that still wouldn't sit well with me.
    Vol'jin wasn't even born in Durotar. He is not eligible to be President Warchief.

The level of racism shown by players is astounding!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    For me, orce were the face of the Horde, main race of the horde, main reason for the horde to exist, in W3C orcs started the horde, by meeting trolls, taurens etc. Now it feels like Blizzard has annihilated the race and the main reason of the horde existence. I just can't stand the idea of Vol'jin as the warchief.
    Anyway, this whole Garrosh rebelion is dumb idea made only because they had nothing better to think off. I would rather see some pandarens going mad because of what horde/alliance bring to their hearths with war, so pandarens should steal the hearth of Sha and be patch 5.4 bosses or smth, or klaxxi or whatever there is from their land. I am totally done with the Wow's lore now, it feels even more dull thant it felt after Arthas' defeat.

From patch to patch I am more and more dissappointed. Now I am done done done. It just seems that they are killing their franchise, to kill SC, Diablo and Warcraft when their retire, which will happen in 10 years max. We all know that Diablo 3, SC2 are the latest games for these IPs.
    pretty much this.
    lets have the most unassuming race lead the alliance next, have them occupy stormwind, and then see how alliance players feel about having the race that did nothing for years sudden become the main focus.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletnips View Post
    Orcs survived Gul'dans shit they can survive Garrosh's. They also have a head start with the whole not being put in internment camps like last time.
    garrosh isn't the problem. the problem now is the orcs are shoved aside by trolls as the face of the horde, despite them being so for years. And now every alliance fanboy will be saying 'yeah its time for them move aside', despite if humans were pushed aside in the same way, you can bet they'd be raging over that about franchise being destroyed.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    trolls are the world's most ancient race, they don't have anything less than the orcs in any field.

pretty much this.
    lets have the most unassuming race lead the alliance next, have them occupy stormwind, and then see how alliance players feel about having the race that did nothing for years sudden become the main focus.
    I wish they would, I'd be happy to see any one of the Alliance race leaders take up the Alliance leadership position and have a huge storyline like Horde did. Do it!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes you are now being led by a raging troll who got trolled by a lvl 12 elite for years on end, who almost rage quit the horde when he wasnt picked as war chief first, and is way to cray about mojo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    I wish they would, I'd be happy to see any one of the Alliance race leaders take up the Alliance leadership position and have a huge storyline like Horde did. Do it!!!
    This forced plot contrivance about how horde need to accept all races as one and equal within the horde itself, is bullshit, not because it shouldn't be so, but because it won't be so, ever. The horde will always have one race dominating the others as the prime example, and it will always have other races biting there knees trying for recognition for there own race, thats how its always been and will always be.

Thats all any of the other faction fanboys have wanted, blood elf players wanted a blood elf to lead the horde so there race could be recognised as important, likewise for the tauren, the goblins and forsaken. Trolls just happened to get the pick of being the race that now represents the horde, all tauren, blood elves, goblins and forsaken are left in the dust yet again.

Now the alliance doesn't have this issue, its been made perfectly clear humans lead the alliance, humans represent the alliance, all the other races of the alliance are just cannon fodder for the humans story in wow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Yes you are now being led by a raging troll who got trolled by a lvl 12 elite for years on end, who almost rage quit the horde when he wasnt picked as war chief first, and is way to cray about mojo.
    the horde might be a mess right now with character role turns on its head, but its no worse then having the 'alliance' represented only by 1 human and everyone else under his heel. I won't be acknowleding vol'jin as warchief, but that doesn't mean I can't acknowledge varian as the alliances warchief.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    You forgot about being beaten by nameless orc, forced to beg random alliance scrub for help, having serious spech impediment (Mon, brudda, !!!) Not being able to deliver his promise to garrosh and having serious issues with personal higiene.

ALL HAIL VOL'JIN !!!!

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A troll warchief wouldn't be so bad if the troll tribe wasn't the weakest major tribe in Azeroth.