View Poll Results: Your thoughts

Voters
1324. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm Horde and I hate it

    197 14.88%
  • I'm Horde and I like it

    705 53.25%
  • I'm Alliance and I hate it

    78 5.89%
  • I'm Alliance and I like it

    344 25.98%
Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ...
21
29
30
31
32
33
... LastLast
  1. #601
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Skive, Denmark
    Posts
    822
    I like all the people saying "Warchief should be an Orc always, Troll is silly!" followed or prefaced almost immediately by "Any other faction leader would be better" so apparently Sylvanas, Lor'themar, Baine and Gallywix are all Honorary Orcs.
    Arguing with other internet users is just marginally more productive than counting the ants in your garden.

  2. #602
    Herald of the Titans xebtria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bloody ol' Germany
    Posts
    2,934
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenia View Post
    and he looked so badass when he said "I speak for da horde" *_*
    this, 100%.
    one other thing that I found quite impressive was, how big voljin looked alongside voljin. he was the same size as him when he was still "sitting". I would not have expected this.

  3. #603
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    13,072
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    You forgot about being beaten by nameless orc, forced to beg random alliance scrub for help, having serious spech impediment (Mon, brudda, !!!) Not being able to deliver his promise to garrosh and having serious issues with personal higiene.

    ALL HAIL VOL'JIN !!!!
    Ooh God, you people are getting worse every second.
    Isn't it about time you ask for his birth certificate or something? :')

    He has no speech impediment at all, it's how Trolls speak.
    And begging the Alliance for help? What "warchief-option" solo'd Garrosh again? Ooh yeah, nobody!

  4. #604
    Bloodsail Admiral bayushisan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,229
    Trassk you seem to be under the impression that the only kind of war leader is the kind that charges in with the rest of the army. That's not the case. There are plenty of men who led armies that never saw the field themselves. They were strategists. They stayed back and studied the situation, determining troop movements, where the best avenues of attack were, and what the best points of entry might be in a siege situation.

    If you're not a warrior like Baine it would be foolish to lead a war like one. Vol'Jin led the way he knew best, and that was by studying the situation and making strategy. That's not being a coward, that's being smart. If you really think that makes a person a lesser warrior than another then you really are just biased and looking for any excuse to complain that it's not Thrall leading again.
    “Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
    ― G.K. Chesterton

    I'm not just a white knight. I'm a freaking Paladin.

  5. #605
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Ooh God, you people are getting worse every second.
    Isn't it about time you ask for his birth certificate or something? :')

    He has no speech impediment at all, it's how Trolls speak.
    And begging the Alliance for help? What "warchief-option" solo'd Garrosh again? Ooh yeah, nobody!
    But nobody else resorted to crying his one-time enemies to help him. He had allies within the Horde, the Tauren, the Forsaken, the Blood Elves, the Underpaid Goblin Workers (the name of those npcs still kill me). With such a backup the answer to Alliance should be a laughter and sending the dead messenger back dead, tied to his horse.

    Warchief who has to do that is a piece of crap Warchief. Just saying.

  6. #606
    Legendary! Arrashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Beautiful city of Duwang
    Posts
    6,122
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Ooh God, you people are getting worse every second.
    Isn't it about time you ask for his birth certificate or something? :')

    He has no speech impediment at all, it's how Trolls speak.
    And begging the Alliance for help? What "warchief-option" solo'd Garrosh again? Ooh yeah, nobody!
    As much as i dislike him, thrall was able to beat garrosh in pre wotlk event, as well as, you know, was present during encounter.
    Also im just having problems calling someone who begs for help while lying in embional position "Warchief".

  7. #607
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    13,072
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    As much as i dislike him, thrall was able to beat garrosh in pre wotlk event, as well as, you know, was present during encounter.
    Also im just having problems calling someone who begs for help while lying in embional position "Warchief".
    Then we have a big problem: Because the entire rebellion was begging for help while lying in 'embional' position.

  8. #608
    I seen it coming when they put daily quests over in durator/barrens working for that smelly troll. I don't really understand it to be honest. Orcs are the strongest race within the horde right? Well maybe not so much after Garosh elite but I don't see them wanting or accepting for that matter another race to lead them. I mean it would feel pretty dam weird to have anything but a human ( or a Dwarf IMO Loved/miss Magni ) lead the alliance. And honestly if they brought Magni back I would play the game again but I guess thats just the characters we love or hate you get use to something for so long weird knowing its not an orc in charge anymore.

    I just hope the story doesnt progress enough for Varian to get old and die and Anduin take over /shudder. I think that would be a good time for Alliance leadership to switch to another race ( preferably not dwarfs in its current state ).
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

  9. #609
    Warchief 1ns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    tdb
    Posts
    2,027
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorqin View Post
    I hate it, just hate it. A troll is leading my beloved Horde, a troll who conspired with the Alliance, unbelievable. Orgrim must be rolling over in his grave right now....

    Blizz could have chosen anyone and it would have been better, Baine, Theron, Saurfang, Nazgrel, heck freakin' Aggra. Still can't Thrall passed the mantle to him...

    Agreed fully. Fgt troll, i'd even rather have seen a blood elf
    There is no such thing as "ability bloat" just l2fp.

  10. #610
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,974
    Quote Originally Posted by bayushisan View Post
    Trassk you seem to be under the impression that the only kind of war leader is the kind that charges in with the rest of the army. That's not the case. There are plenty of men who led armies that never saw the field themselves. They were strategists. They stayed back and studied the situation, determining troop movements, where the best avenues of attack were, and what the best points of entry might be in a siege situation.

    If you're not a warrior like Baine it would be foolish to lead a war like one. Vol'Jin led the way he knew best, and that was by studying the situation and making strategy. That's not being a coward, that's being smart. If you really think that makes a person a lesser warrior than another then you really are just biased and looking for any excuse to complain that it's not Thrall leading again.
    let me just clear this up here. I do not mind one bit having other faction leaders being in the spotlight, doing there thing, showing what there race can do. We saw it with lor'themar in 5.2, and it was great because blood elves needed something to do. The same goes for anyone other race, those not having development, are in dire need of it, and I'm fine with having faction leaders in the lime light, hell, I could put up with having an expansion all out any other race except my fav ones, for the sake of giving them development.
    But.. when you take the horde, which was created, sustained and lead by orcs, though not just wows time, but warcraft itself since the beginning, where you have the orcs story being the longest running story of warcraft, and why they are the figureheads of the horde because they being the ones who made it.. just to suddenly have a non-orc, becoming leader and defacto ruler of the horde.. thats bullshit.

    I've given examples for people in this community on the alliance side, of how they would feel if the humans, with there history being as long as the orcs and being the figureheads of the alliance, just like the orcs are to the horde, to suddenly have human rule of the alliance overthrown, and have another non-human representing the alliance, not just as a commander or general mind you, just as its defacto leader for all races of the alliance.
    Now, that seems like bullshit doesn't it, thinking about that, because it doesn't make sense does it, having a night elf or dwarf or gnome being the leader of the alliance, when humans are the founding members of the faction.

    That whats happened to the horde. It slowly began to lose its idenity since Garrosh came into power and fragmented the horde, but in one single move, the horde has lost its identity because of this outcome.

    Should orcs be the face of the horde and represent it as the defacto race of the horde, Yes, because thats warcraft. It isn't racist, its a story, and one thats just been turned upside down by the writers trying to apply some shock tactic to it.

  11. #611
    Stood in the Fire Dat Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Mega Drive Sonic 1's Special Stage
    Posts
    393
    I love it, cos it freakin' makes sense. I know, crazy huh?

    I swear, some people just want something pseudo-shocking to happen just for the fuck of it, but trust me, if pretty much any other choice had been made, then the novelty-factor would wear off after not too long.

    Vol'jin is the most oldschool Horde-like candidate there was available (and no, Thrall doesn't count anymore - he is too neutral nowadays), so I say to all my true fellows out there who understand that this is the right decision for the future of our beloved faction ...

    "FOR DA HORDE, ME BROTHAS !!!"

  12. #612
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,974
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    But nobody else resorted to crying his one-time enemies to help him. He had allies within the Horde, the Tauren, the Forsaken, the Blood Elves, the Underpaid Goblin Workers (the name of those npcs still kill me). With such a backup the answer to Alliance should be a laughter and sending the dead messenger back dead, tied to his horse.

    Warchief who has to do that is a piece of crap Warchief. Just saying.
    pretty much this. Vol'jin.. he's all words but no action, it really is the opposite end of Garrosh, who used rage and muscle headedness to get what he wanted, and yet now, we have a warchief who begged the alliiance for help..

    Remember a time when the horde stood strong against the alliance, even when they had to work with them, it was in such a way they the alliance knew they couldn't f**k with the horde? Not with this warchief. And I dare say Varian knows that.

    He'll have vol'jins balls in a grip in no time.

  13. #613
    Bloodsail Admiral bayushisan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,229
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    let me just clear this up here. I do not mind one bit having other faction leaders being in the spotlight, doing there thing, showing what there race can do. We saw it with lor'themar in 5.2, and it was great because blood elves needed something to do. The same goes for anyone other race, those not having development, are in dire need of it, and I'm fine with having faction leaders in the lime light, hell, I could put up with having an expansion all out any other race except my fav ones, for the sake of giving them development.
    But.. when you take the horde, which was created, sustained and lead by orcs, though not just wows time, but warcraft itself since the beginning, where you have the orcs story being the longest running story of warcraft, and why they are the figureheads of the horde because they being the ones who made it.. just to suddenly have a non-orc, becoming leader and defacto ruler of the horde.. thats bullshit.

    I've given examples for people in this community on the alliance side, of how they would feel if the humans, with there history being as long as the orcs and being the figureheads of the alliance, just like the orcs are to the horde, to suddenly have human rule of the alliance overthrown, and have another non-human representing the alliance, not just as a commander or general mind you, just as its defacto leader for all races of the alliance.
    Now, that seems like bullshit doesn't it, thinking about that, because it doesn't make sense does it, having a night elf or dwarf or gnome being the leader of the alliance, when humans are the founding members of the faction.

    That whats happened to the horde. It slowly began to lose its idenity since Garrosh came into power and fragmented the horde, but in one single move, the horde has lost its identity because of this outcome.

    Should orcs be the face of the horde and represent it as the defacto race of the horde, Yes, because thats warcraft. It isn't racist, its a story, and one thats just been turned upside down by the writers trying to apply some shock tactic to it.
    Well with the Alliance it would entirely depend. If, for some reason, Varian and Anduin were killed and Jaina were to take over leadership of the humans, and led them into a genocide campaign against the Horde, I think that the humans would need to take a step back from leadership in the Alliance for a bit. It's the context that matters and that's what you keep ignoring, and there's no point in trying to continue to explain it to you. People try and you just ignore them and go back to "Orcs started the Horde and they should always lead it!" By making absolute statements and leaving no room for any discussion about the matter you pretty much shut everyone down no matter what they try to say.

    That's why I say you seem to be taking it personally, because by my perspective your every reaction thus far shows it.
    “Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
    ― G.K. Chesterton

    I'm not just a white knight. I'm a freaking Paladin.

  14. #614
    I am Murloc! Wildberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    On Board the Hate Train.
    Posts
    5,268
    Quote Originally Posted by Dat Guy View Post
    I love it, cos it freakin' makes sense. I know, crazy huh?

    I swear, some people just want something pseudo-shocking to happen just for the fuck of it, but trust me, if pretty much any other choice had been made, then the novelty-factor would wear off after not too long.

    Vol'jin is the most oldschool Horde-like candidate there was available (and no, Thrall doesn't count anymore - he is too neutral nowadays), so I say to all my true fellows out there who understand that this is the right decision for the future of our beloved faction ...

    "FOR DA HORDE, ME BROTHAS !!!"
    Well first off, you're implying Vol'jin makes sense at all, everything we know so far about this guy says that he shouldn't be Warchief at all, advisor maybe, but not Warchief. Second, you're implying Vol'jin isn't "pseudo-shocking" and that he is not a "novelty factor" himself.

    There are plenty of oldschool Horde canidates, if you think that Thrall is "too neutral", then apparently you're way to ignorant of lore to even be considered a part of this conversation.

    "Fo' Da Horde"...What a joke....

    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    As much as i dislike him, thrall was able to beat garrosh in pre wotlk event, as well as, you know, was present during encounter.
    Also im just having problems calling someone who begs for help while lying in embional position "Warchief".
    When Arrashi, who is usually full of violent messages and a seething hatred for all things that aren't morally black, is making sense, what does that say about the opposition?

  15. #615
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,974
    Quote Originally Posted by bayushisan View Post
    Well with the Alliance it would entirely depend. If, for some reason, Varian and Anduin were killed and Jaina were to take over leadership of the humans, and led them into a genocide campaign against the Horde, I think that the humans would need to take a step back from leadership in the Alliance for a bit. It's the context that matters and that's what you keep ignoring, and there's no point in trying to continue to explain it to you. People try and you just ignore them and go back to "Orcs started the Horde and they should always lead it!" By making absolute statements and leaving no room for any discussion about the matter you pretty much shut everyone down no matter what they try to say.

    That's why I say you seem to be taking it personally, because by my perspective your every reaction thus far shows it.
    oh no see, I love context, because it can actually validate an argument within the folds of a story and situation.
    But the only context here is, orcs made into bad guys again, non-orc takes control, because orcs can't look after themselves. Theres you context within the story.

  16. #616
    Stood in the Fire Dat Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Mega Drive Sonic 1's Special Stage
    Posts
    393
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    let me just clear this up here. I do not mind one bit having other faction leaders being in the spotlight, doing there thing, showing what there race can do. We saw it with lor'themar in 5.2, and it was great because blood elves needed something to do. The same goes for anyone other race, those not having development, are in dire need of it, and I'm fine with having faction leaders in the lime light, hell, I could put up with having an expansion all out any other race except my fav ones, for the sake of giving them development.
    But.. when you take the horde, which was created, sustained and lead by orcs, though not just wows time, but warcraft itself since the beginning, where you have the orcs story being the longest running story of warcraft, and why they are the figureheads of the horde because they being the ones who made it.. just to suddenly have a non-orc, becoming leader and defacto ruler of the horde.. thats bullshit.

    I've given examples for people in this community on the alliance side, of how they would feel if the humans, with there history being as long as the orcs and being the figureheads of the alliance, just like the orcs are to the horde, to suddenly have human rule of the alliance overthrown, and have another non-human representing the alliance, not just as a commander or general mind you, just as its defacto leader for all races of the alliance.
    Now, that seems like bullshit doesn't it, thinking about that, because it doesn't make sense does it, having a night elf or dwarf or gnome being the leader of the alliance, when humans are the founding members of the faction.

    That whats happened to the horde. It slowly began to lose its idenity since Garrosh came into power and fragmented the horde, but in one single move, the horde has lost its identity because of this outcome.

    Should orcs be the face of the horde and represent it as the defacto race of the horde, Yes, because thats warcraft. It isn't racist, its a story, and one thats just been turned upside down by the writers trying to apply some shock tactic to it.
    I'm sorry, but you can't compare the system of a monarchy with the process of an elected chief - doesn't make sense bro. Replacing Varian - A KING - with someone outside of his own family-line, nevermind a different kingdom, nevermind a different race, is not the same thing at all, man.
    The Horde is about family, even though Thrall was the spear-point driving the Horde back in the day, the Darkspears and Tauren were considered brothers, rather than subordinates. Has Varian even ever listened to the council of the other Alliance races? Nay, but Thrall did, countless times (particularly Vol'jin).
    Racial lines did not define what the Horde became under Thrall's guidance, the spirit did ... and that's the legacy Vol'jin has inherited ...
    He represents the spirit of the Horde, and thus, has it's best interests at heart. So he is the right choice.

  17. #617
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,974
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post

    When Arrashi, who is usually full of violent messages and a seething hatred for all things that aren't morally black, is making sense, what does that say about the opposition?
    I know, its strange, but the last fews days, she/he's said things that i'm on board with. I guess as situations occur, the coin flips.

  18. #618
    I am Murloc! Wildberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    On Board the Hate Train.
    Posts
    5,268
    Quote Originally Posted by bayushisan View Post
    Well with the Alliance it would entirely depend. If, for some reason, Varian and Anduin were killed and Jaina were to take over leadership of the humans, and led them into a genocide campaign against the Horde, I think that the humans would need to take a step back from leadership in the Alliance for a bit.
    Because the actions of one individual equate to the values of an entire race?

    Jeez, I hope you're wrong, otherwise, looking back at my ancestry, I may find 50% of myself wanting to incinerate the Jews!

    Give me a break, one Bad Seed, regardless of their position, does not make their entire race bad, nor does it warrant them "Taking a step back from leadership."

    Such a weak argument, I have no clue why people still cling to it.

  19. #619
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,974
    Quote Originally Posted by Dat Guy View Post
    I'm sorry, but you can't compare the system of a monarchy with the process of an elected chief - doesn't make sense bro. .
    it doesn't make sense to you, because you can't comprehend it, you can't put yourself in that situation, and so can't make a comparison to it right now.
    this is where so many arguments fail in these threads, because people can't think outside there proverbial box.

  20. #620
    I am Murloc! Wildberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    On Board the Hate Train.
    Posts
    5,268
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I know, its strange, but the last fews days, she/he's said things that i'm on board with. I guess as situations occur, the coin flips.
    I usually roll my eyes at most of the over the top posts, but I'll admit, I smile every time I see his comments on the Night Elves, now that he's making sense? Look out world!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •